Virgin Australia

"Cabin crew and ground staff were very lovely"

Trip Verified | All four of us got our ticket upgraded to Business Class and I have to say, I’m really pleased that we paid the extra $1200 for it. Cabin crew and ground staff were very lovely. The Virgin Australia lounge at Brisbane is very well laid out and has a huge variety of food, drinks and nibbles to choose from. On the aircraft, the seats were very comfy and had excellent leg room. The seat pitch was also pretty good too. Virgin’s IFE system definitely trumps Qantas’. Virgin have a large selection of movies, TV shows, games and music to choose from. Make sure that you have the Virgin Australia Entertainment app on your device. On Qantas’ IFE system, they have only released premiere movies which certainly isn’t bad, but those are the only movies that they have. I only had a a small problem connecting to the inflight wifi at first but other than that, the system worked beautifully. I definitely recommend Virgin Australia to be your next carrier across the skies.
RouteBrisbane to Hamilton Island
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"Staff were amazing"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Perth. Staff were amazing! A big thank you to the cabin manager of this service who allowed me to upgrade to business class for free and gave me the opportunity to speak to a first officer of the airline! I would recommend Virgin Australia any day for amazing service.
RouteMelbourne to Perth
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"This was the most annoying saga"

Trip Verified | This was the most annoying saga. We were originally booked on direct flight from Ballina to Sydney on 20 March on VA1142. This flight was cancelled so we had to call VA Philippines contact centre and it was re-booked on 03 April from Ballina to Sydney. This flight was cancelled then we had to call again and was told that there was a flight on 27 March from Ballina to Sydney but it was fully booked what was the point to tell us? Finally they offered us to fly to Sydney on 04 April on VA524 from Coollangatta(Gold Coast QLD) to Sydney. Good trick as we had to cross the border from NSW to QLD and the border was closed. We had to obtain a permit to cross the boarder which we got. The flight VA524 was very basic because the Cabin Crew incharge just told us that you guys on the same boat as them, it meant that we won't get any food for lunch. Dont forget we upgraded to Business Class and paid extra. The check in agent did not mention that there would be no service in business class. Baggage collection was quick in Sydney.
RouteCoollangatta to Sydney
Date FlownApril 2020

"had to demand a refund"

Trip Verified | We booked and paid for Business Class from Sydney to Perth direct for 5 April. It was confirmed and got the seats. It was supposed to be VA559 A330-200. This flight was cancelled by Virgin 1 day after we booked and paid. They sent us an email and told us that our flight would be Sydney-Darwin-Perth. This was also cancelled the next day by Virgin. They re-booked us on Sydney-Melbourne-Perth. This was also cancelled the next day. Then they re-booked us on Sydney-Brisbane with lay over for 5hrs 45 minutes then from Brisbane to Perth. This was ridiculous as the day before, we had driven to Queensland, we could have easily kept on driving to Brisbane airport and spent the night in Brisbane, this would have saved us the cost of accommodation and the cost of business upgrade from Coollangatta to Sydney flight. We faced the real possibility of being quarantined in Brisbane for 14 days then how on the hell we got home to Perth. We cancelled ourselves the flight from Sydney to Perth and had to demand a refund which was promised to us in 3 weeks we should receive the refund. Virgin Australia yesterday (10 April) sent us an email refusing the refund and offering and giving only Future Travel Credit in a form of Travel Bank. As if we will ever fly with Virgin Australia again.
RouteSydney to Perth

"service was satisfactory"

Not Verified | Our booking was originally booked on VA570 departing at 22.55 from Perth with A330-200 on 8 March. We travelled and booked business class to use the flat bed seats however when we checked in the beginning of March, our flight was changed to B737-800 and we did not receive a notification. The reason we booked this flatbed A330-200 was because we had a flight booked to Ballina next day on 09 March at 13.35. After we rang VA Call Centre in Philippines, they re-booked us on VA562 (A330-200) departing Perth at 15.30 and arriving Sydney at 22.40. It meant we had to book 1 night accomodation in Sydney. The service on VA562 was satisfactory. Baggage collection in Sydney was quick.
AircraftA330-200
RoutePerth to Sydney

"This is awful service"

Not Verified | Orlando to Sydney via Los Angeles. Our flight to Sydney was cancelled due to the travel ban and instead, we were assigned a flight to Salt Lake City. Because we booked on the Travelocity website, Virgin won’t answer any of my questions about cancelling. They just refer me back to Travelocity. Meanwhile, Travelocity doesn’t know Virgin’s cancellation policy well enough to answer any of my questions including basic ones such as “Will I at least get a travel credit? When would it expire?” But Virgin charged my credit card and should know their own policy. I don’t get it. This is awful service! I am already devastated that my dream vacation is cancelled and now I have an uphill battle to get refunds.
RouteOrlando to Sydney via Los Angeles

"useless customer service"

Not Verified | Extremely useless customer service, I had a flight booked with them for my (probably once in a lifetime) vacation to Australia, (I live in Canada) they cancelled my flight from, so not only did I have to spend and unexpected $650 to rent a car and drive 6 hours to get me from Gladstone to Brisbane so I wouldn't miss my flight back to Canada, The only thing they are willing to offer me is a $90 credit off my next flight. Which by the way is a complete waste of time since as you can imagine, Virgin "Australia" doesn't have any flights in Canada. Thanks Virgin.
RouteBrisbane to Gladstone
Date FlownMarch 2020

"Virgin are not refunding"

Trip Verified | Hobart to Sydney booked for the end of May 2020. Virgin are not refunding even though they are cancelling or changing the flights, and do not respond to complaints submitted 2+ months ago! You cannot trust this airline.
RouteHobart to Sydney

"don’t give refunds"

Trip Verified | Mackay to Brisbane. Virgin Australia don’t give refunds even though cancelling is not our fault. The person I spoke with talked that fast I couldn’t understand her and when I asked her to repeat what she said she was rude. What I can understand is I have fare credit that I have 12 months to use so if this virus goes on longer than that we lose our money. I have no idea how to access this credit they need to be reported for lack of customer service.
RouteMackay to Brisbane
Date FlownJuly 2019

"What a waste of time"

Not Verified | Brisbane to Christchurch. Ever tried to contact Virgin during the virus. What a waste of time. Is my flight still flying? Who knows. Virgin phones do not work. They will not take calls anyway unless you are flying in 48-hours. By 48 hours before the flight, all the other airlines are sold out. What a joke. Try contacting them early. Still, no good they are working Australian business hours if the phone answers at all. I think my booking will be cancelled for the second time but I do not know. It is in 4 days. I pity other people stuck in another country. When there is the real trouble with this airline you are stuffed.
RouteBrisbane to Christchurch