Virgin Australia

"The flight was uneventful"

Trip Verified | On checking in two hours prior, we were told to come back as we were too early. We sat and had coffee as there is not much else to do land side. On checking in through the premium lane, the staff member was checking in some of the 81 children (school trip) on our flight so wait we did. No lounge in Cairns, apparently they used to have one. Boarding was efficient and we were welcomed on board warmly. The flight was uneventful, entertainment worked fine. The chicken we chose was okay, nothing special and the potato was gluey. Nothing as a dessert. There should at least be a cookie.
RouteCairns to Brisbane

"Worst airline ever"

Not Verified | Worst airline ever and I’ll never fly with them again. Our flight was canceled and they rebooked us with Jetstar however couldn’t provide us with the booking reference number therefore we were unable to check with Jetstar and wasted a whole day at the Hamilton island airport. Their service staff left work at 9:45 am in the morning and contact center staff just kept telling us to ask the airport service desk which is ridiculous. I’ll recommend Jetstar as even if they might cancel your flights they can put you on a Qantas flight as long as there are seats available. Leave Virgin alone until they learn how to treat their passengers correctly.
RouteHamilton Island to Sydney
Date FlownJune 2022

"it was okay but improvements can be made"

Trip Verified | Check in was fast in the priority line with only one before us. The lounge was fine, not too busy with a selection of hot food, pastries, fruit cups. The coffee was good and welcome as it was very early. Priority screening through the lounge made the experience was less stressful. The flight was full. Boarding was orderly and efficient, both from front and back. On board our FA was so nice. Makes such a difference. About 30 min delay in take off. The breakfast on board was lovely. I had a nice quiche, yogurt and pastry. Shame the entertainment system didn’t work for anyone on board for this 3.5 hr flight. No USB port and no divider between business and economy. Steady stream of economy passengers using the front toilet. It soon became dirty. The coffee was terrible. All in all it was okay but improvements can be made.
RouteMelbourne to Cairns
Date FlownJune 2022

"a very big queue at check in"

Trip Verified | There was a very big queue at check in. It's a pity that passengers who check in via the internet or kiosk have to line up again for "bag drop". With QANTAS the bags can be dropped of by the passengers. The plane left on time and the staff were friendly and helpful. Food had to be purchased.
RouteSydney to Melbourne
Date FlownJune 2022

"Staff were friendly and helpful"

Trip Verified | Check in was straightforward and the plane left on time. Staff were friendly and helpful. All food and drink, except coffee, tea and water had to be purchased, which was no big deal as the flight was about two hours.
RouteGold Coast to Melbourne

"I enjoyed the flight"

Trip Verified | I enjoyed the flight. Check in was easy and take off was punctual. The staff were friendly and helpful. The only complimentary drinks offered were water, tea and coffee. There were snacks and drinks to purchase. That was no big issue as it was a fairly short flight.
RouteMelbourne to Gold Coast

"Overall uneventful flight"

Trip Verified | Perth to Sydney. I flew Virgin Australia from Perth to Sydney and to a nice surprise it is the newly retrofit Boeing 737-800 with new colour scheme. As Platinum member of Velocity frequent flyer, I get to upgrade to Economy X (seat with extra legroom) for free and I do appreciate the extra legroom on a 4-hour flight. VA stopped serving free meal onboard except for hot coffee, tea and water so make sure you pack your own meal or fill up at the lounge (for Velocity Gold and Platinum members) before you fly. Overall uneventful flight but VA could improve by improving its offerings such as in-seat USB-C port.
RoutePerth to Sydney
Date FlownJune 2022

"blend of arrogance and incompetence"

Trip Verified | A perfect blend of arrogance and incompetence! I booked a trip from Syd to Perth. Barely an hour before boarding they sent me an email saying flight has been cancelled and they rerouted my itinerary through 3 extra stopovers and an extra 9 hours of flight time and transit! Absurd entitlement and narcissism. I was already at the airport and was told that if i wanted to talk or see any other options, by that time my rerouted flight (which would leave just 15 mins later than my original time) would leave and I maybe left without any options. Ruined my whole day, took me 14 hours instead of 5, made me miss an urgent meeting, made me run around the airport from desk to desk, and all that while not a single apology or sorry from any of their despicably behaving airport staff, instead acting as if I was lucky to get the flight. Never again with this fraudulent and ruthless company! Aussies deserve better.
RouteMelbourne to Adelaide
Date FlownMay 2022

"Virgin did not transfer all details"

Not Verified | My booking required a change to flights due to medical reasons. Virgin did not transfer all details which meant that bags needed to be checked in at the line. The line literally did not move for half an hour. I was told they were not short staffed, they were just busy. Staff were generally helpful, however, considering this wait was due to the airlines error I was quite upset. If you call to change flights make sure they actually transfer all your booking details.
RouteAdelaide to Brisbane
Date FlownMay 2022

"Useless staff and business management"

Trip Verified | Do not fly Virgin post covid! They will cancel flights, delay flights all day and not accommodate or compensate you. Useless staff and business management. Have had a few trips booked in with them over the last few months and have lost over 50 hours of airport delays/cancelled flights and $1000 on rebooking flights. We will never use again.
RouteBrisbane to Melbourne