Virgin Australia

"a most satisfactory flight"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Cairns. Hectic check in even on a Sunday morning in Melbourne and a short wait in the Priority lane to hand over bags etc. Lounge excellent with a great variety of food and drinks and then boarding which was done efficiently. Lots of young flyers and the crew were great with the little ones (not mine I add) seat 9C in the aisle but no window to the left. Seat and pitch ok but leg room a bit tight. After take off offered a warm snack and yogurt and some sort of granola bar along with tea..coffee..water etc. A few hours into the flight another drink and snack run. Landed in Cairns a little ahead of schedule and overall I rated it a most satisfactory flight and Virgin Australia have never let me down !
RouteMelbourne to Cairns
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"shocked by the attitude"

(Fiji)

Trip Verified | Brisbane to Nadi. My husband and I were checking in through self kiosk and we noticed that staff are busy talking within themselves - even when we asked for help they look the other way. Help comes a bit late. Then we go to the drop off belt, one of the staff approaches us about suitcase and how the stickers should be placed in the suitcase. When my husband said we were waiting and no one helps out, the staff instead told off my husband that ‘there is no need to be mad’. We are shocked by the attitude and rude comment by the staff who are supposed to be helpful and friendly. Even when we smiled at her she made a rude face. I did not expect that kind of attitude from the front line staff. There needs to be staff training on how liaise with customers friendly. Our trip got spoiled because of one staff of virgin Australia who has no idea how to communicate with customers. Thanks
RouteBrisbane to Nadi
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"ruthless, pathetic and condescending"

Not Verified | Sydney to Brisbane. Flight number VA958 on 6th September scheduled for 2 pm. Insufficient flight cancellation information was given, received a text message at 9.45am from the airline stating 2pm flight has been cancelled with next flight we had to catch was at 12pm. Tried calling customer services it rang for hours but had no answer. Had to wait at Sydney airport for 11 hours. Reached Brisbane airport after midnight took someone else's bag by mistake came back to the airport to drop off bag apologized. The customer service rep shouted even after apologizing for our mistake. I highly recommend not to use this airline they are ruthless, pathetic and condescending.
RouteSydney to Brisbane

"Always delayed"

Trip Verified | Brisbane to Townsville with Virgin Australia. Always delayed. Zero communication. Terrible customer service. Pay a little more for Qantas and get a half decent service. Even Jetstar is better.
RouteBrisbane to Townsville
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"Customer service is non existent"

Trip Verified | No more chances for this airline. Flew Brisbane to Queenstown return. Customer service is non existent. Enroute to Queenstown the by the time the fight crew got to my partner and myself with food options there were no vegetarian meals so we missed out unless we wanted to pay for extra food. Reroute back to Brisbane we managed to get an ok meal. The flight crew continued to miss us when doing the rounds for water on both flights and when we finally asked for a glass of just plan water, we were informed that we should have asked when offered and it is not available, instead we were directed to purchase a sugary soft drink instead. Flights weren't terribly cheap or comparative either.
RouteQueenstown to Brisbane
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"I'll never fly Virgin again"

(New Zealand)

Not Verified | Auckland to Perth. Terrible communication. I can accept flight delays due to weather conditions. But I cannot accept the fragmented, late or non existing text messages from Virgin keeping customers informed of flight status. One more thing, teach your flight crew that overpowering, strong, sickly sweet perfumes are highly offensive in small, closed in spaces ie. inside a plane. I'll never fly Virgin again.
RouteAuckland to Perth
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"worse than budget airlines"

Not Verified | Melbourne to Sydney. Virgin Australia nowadays is worse than budget airlines as Jetstar and Tigerair. I travel for business very often and every time they either are late or it’s a technical issue. Why pay premium fee for services worse then low cost airlines.
RouteMelbourne to Sydney

"In-flight entertainment limited"

Trip Verified | I flew Melbourne to Los Angeles return and this was the first time I have flown Virgin Australia on this route. We didn't get food or a drink for 2.5 hours into the flight and when the meal did come they had only one option left. They serve the meal first then come back about 20 minutes later with the beverage service. The food portions were small and didn't taste great. In-flight entertainment was limited. You only get one drink with you dinner then another 10 hours later with the breakfast service. Otherwise, there is a jug of water you can help yourself. Cabin crew make multiple annoying announcements throughout the flight - four announcements for what the meal options were. Seat was comfortable and we departed on time and arrived early. If you get super cheap flights go for it. Otherwise, spend a little more for Qantas. I actually find American and Delta offer a better product than Virgin Australia and around the same price.
RouteLos Angeles to Melbourne
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"on par with budget airlines"

Trip Verified | Brisbane to Proserpine in April 2019. For a full service airline they are on par with budget airlines like Jetstar and tiger air. Both flights were delayed by 20+ minutes. Ground staff were unfriendly and quite rude and moody. Flight attendants seemed a little nicer. You get a drink and small meal for the whole flight and my meal was cold. The free wifi worked amazingly which was a plus. No entertainment on the back of the seats but you do get access to the virgin entertainment app where you can watch movies etc. (not much choice tho). Overall virgin didn’t ruin our trip but they certainly didn’t help either.
RouteBrisbane to Proserpine
Date FlownApril 2019

"I was very disappointed"

Not Verified | Brisbane to Perth. I was very disappointed in my Virgin flight. To begin with I would have to say this was the worst crew I've ever flown with. The safety was appalling ... seat in front of me was in recline position during takeoff. First time I've not seen crew check seat belts and seat position of passengers before takeoff. Staff rude and surly .. male crew member even rolled his eyes when asked if reclined passenger could put their seat upright during dinner service so I could drop down my tray. Never again. I was travelling home from a conference which had a focus on customer service. I suggest Virgin review their training and implement measures to correct this poor service .. it costs very little to be greeted with a smile and helpful attentive attitude.
RouteBrisbane to Perth