Virgin Australia

"Virgin Australia you suck"

Trip Verified | I am bitterly disappointed with the flight I am on right now. Flying business class is supposed to be a pleasurable experience, you pay (a lot!) of extra money to enjoy a bit of luxury. Instead the chairs barely move back! Why have I paid all this extra money to not even recline?! It’s an absolute joke. I know there are much bigger problems in the world than my seat not reclining but I am tired and so desperately was looking forward to a sleep. Now not only will I not sleep but have that but I’ll have paid an arm and a leg just to sit in a pretty much normal seat. Virgin Australia you suck.
RouteSydney to Perth

"the flight is delayed"

Not Verified | I paid 1140 AUD (400extra than the flight on following day) for a 2 hour flight from Broome to Perth just to be on time for my nephew birthday, booked Uber (70$ which burned as well) just to find out that the flight is delayed. When I spoke with the supervisor at Broome Terminal he said it's not our fault thinks like this happened.
RouteBroome to Perth

"most terrible experience"

Trip Verified | Had the most terrible experience traveling from Sydney to Brisbane (VA 917) on 5th July. Firstly flight gets delayed by over half an hour. Finally when we get to Brisbane to get in to the connecting flight to LA ( VA7) we are told that boarding has closed and we cannot board the flight. There were 8 of us who ended up missing our flight. We a family of 4 and 4 other people had to put up with all the many excuses that were given to us some of which just contradictory and did not fit into the puzzle together. Then to add it to all the AFP were called because it seemed that we were intimidating the staff member who was the one who told us that we could not board the airline. As well when the plane was ready for landing in Brisbane, the 8 of us traveling to LA were asked to make our way first to the exit as were to get to the connecting flight. But all we get to is being told that we cannot board the flight. How do airlines work if they do not seem to work together and there is no communication. My husband was then then questioned by the police on what was happening when it was no fault of ours. All we needed was an explanation. For my boys to see the police talk to their dad was something never expected as we are a values based family. We felt embarrassed and intimidated ourselves. All we get back is a stay in Brisbane at The Rydges with a $ 50 voucher. Nothing was done to even try and accommodate us on another flight. To add to it we were also given in writing that a Limo would transfer us from the Rydges ( Fortitude Valley) at 8:00 am to the airport. But guess what there was nothing there to pick us up. Well we made our way to Brisbane International Airport on our own. Monica at Brisbane International (Virgin Australia) was very accommodating. She empathasised with us and totally understood our anguish as well gave all the 8 of us the same message. Hopefully things change and no one else has to go through what we went through. All the 8 of us had things organized that had to be canceled. Just hoping that the next connecting flight is on time and there are no more issues. Hopefully this is an eye opener to the airline.
RouteSydney to Los Angeles via Brisbane

"Very poor flight"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Perth. Very poor flight. Aircraft should be decommissioned! Late departure (30 minutes) with no communication. No inflight entertainment. Took ages to board and disembark. Meal not served until 2 hours into 4.5 hour flight. No water or refreshments until then. Two toilets for entire cabin which were dirty and smelly. Would not recommend Virgin for this leg ever. Staff were unfriendly and unhelpful and meals were barely fit for human consumption. Only positive was that the beer was cold.
RouteMelbourne to Perth
Date FlownJuly 2019

"A decent offering from Virgin"

Trip Verified | Brisbane To Sydney. Everything was smooth from check in and security until it hit boarding time. There was absolutely no announcement as to why it was delayed and by the time we were ready to taxi, there was another delay due to weather conditions in Sydney. Cabin Crew were attentive, a great aspect of flying Business when an airline prides itself of great Customer Experience. Seeing as this was a 6am flight I didn't eat nor use the IFE, sleeping was mainly on my schedule. The delay was approximately 30 minutes, luckily I had enough time to head to another terminal for my next flight to Melbourne. A decent offering from Virgin, a higher level of service from my recent experiences compared to their main competitor.
RouteBrisbane to Sydney
Date FlownJune 2019

"nothing with this trip was good"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Cairns via Brisbane. This was the first and only trip with Virgin Australia, I have been flying from overseas, either Europe or USA, the past 10 years at least 3 times a year. This trip stated in Winnipeg, first issue you can’t book from Winnipeg to Cairns on their homepage even that Their partner airlines, Delta is flying from there. Second issue the Cancel my flight and I got a hotel room, all good. I got on my plane is slightly delayed both in departures and arrival. After my arrival my biggest issue start, my one big suitcase is missing, apparently a lot of people missing the stuff from LA and since I have a connecting flight they is sending me to the finally destination and do the claim for my suitcase but no one is at the counter. So after 30 min someone is showing up. Now I have a lost baggage and a damaged suitcase, but they are not sure the cover my damage suitcase, but the other one was not home with my before 5 days after I left us, and it’s damage to. This is the first time ever that nothing with this trip was good.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteLos Angeles to Cairns via Brisbane
Date FlownJune 2019

"your privacy is at risk"

Trip Verified | As a platinum member of this Airline, I do not appreciate my personal details given out to people over the phone then emailed to other email adresses not on my file. This is a major breach. I am sharing this so you are aware that your privacy is at risk with this airline and good luck getting any reason, its been a month and all I get told is that they are looking into it but wont give me a name of someone I could follow up with. After 8 phone calls different departments, 5 emails and even posting on FB still they all say we are looking into it. Which I doubt they are. Deal with them at your own risk.
RouteSydney to Maroochydore
Date FlownMay 2019

"brilliant business class product"

Trip Verified | Brisbane to Los Angeles. Up there with the best business class I've flown. Seat very comfortable and spacious. Food excellent. Wine very good but it would be nice to see some non-Australian wines for interest. IFE screen fantastic. I got a solid chunk of sleep. The best part of the flight was the staff - super hospitable and efficient. Only minor criticism was that my wine glass was whipped away rather than being offered a top up. The internet was also offline, but that doesn't bother me at all. Otherwise, a brilliant business class product that's difficult to fault. Look forward to seeing the new Brisbane International Lounge when it opens.
RouteBrisbane to Los Angeles

"customers lost connections"

Not Verified | It was supposed to depart Sydney at 9:30am and arrive in LA at 6:00am. It ended up leaving at 11:30am and as a result dozens of customers lost connections. No apology was issued and passengers were left scrambling to find other means to get to our final destination. Please don’t buy the ticket if you have connection in LAX of less than 2 hours. Customs is the worst, and the airport itself is super unfriendly. It is a shame that the so called international airport can only be compared to a third world airport.
RouteSydney to Los Angeles

"absolutely dissatisfying"

Trip Verified | Perth to Sydney. My experience with Virgin Australia was absolutely dissatisfying. That was for sure the last time i traveled with this airline. Fflight got cancelled and no one informed me. The journey took almost 5h longer than the one I purchased before and I arrived 8h later in the morning on the next day. The airplanes were old without entertaining system but WiFi which was not working.Absolutely unfriendly stewardess at some point even rude. It was so cold there I had difficulties to sleep and they didn’t have a blanket. I recommend to take a different airline.
RoutePerth to Sydney