Virgin Australia

"they were rude, dismissive and obnoxious"

Not Verified | Cairns to Brisbane, VA788, 18 July, 5.40, 7.55pm. The ground crew arrived and had missed one flight and was unable to get the barcode checked in to work, the male person was rude and told me to go back downstairs to check in - even though I had been waiting for him until the flight was nearly fully boarded. He then chose to ignore me then referred me to another staff member who gave me a boarding pass then reprimanded me by saying don’t expect it in the future as this was a one off, they were rude, dismissive and obnoxious and I will never fly with Virgin again.
RouteCairns to Brisbane
Date FlownJuly 2021

"get a text saying flights cancelled"

Not Verified | Booked a flight home on that date about 4 pm then at 10.30pm get a text saying flights cancelled and they transferred me to the 6.00 am time, Thats fine but i had a hire car, they dont open until 7am. I tried to ring Virgin to get the flight put back to a later time. They had no one to talk to about it, they open at 5am i was flying out at 6am and i had to leave the hire car at a service station. To me not having someone to talk to is pathetic by them, ok I got it done but the stress levels went through the roof that should not have happened.

"Such poor hospitality"

Not Verified | Requested an escort for my dad as he doesn’t speak English. They said they’ll sort it out in 30 mins. 5:30 rolls around still nothing, I went up to the desk to ask what’s going on they said they’ve only just got around to do so. 6:00 rolls around still nothing went up again to. They said that they’ve had a last minute change of plans. Which is understand able. Which tick me off was that the escort came in without saying hello or sorry for the wait. She just went and said “let’s go” in real harsh way and proceeded to walk so fast she ended up 20 metres ahead of dad felt like she didn’t want to help my dad. For my understanding if you’re an escort for a passenger you’d stick close to person and leave them chasing after you. That happened right in front of me, I can’t imagine what it was like for him after he went through security. I hope that lady’s older relatives didn’t get treated the way she treated my dad. Such poor hospitality and customer service
RoutePerth to Cocos (Keeling) Islands
Date FlownJuly 2021

"Absolutely shocking customer service"

Not Verified | This airline is an absolute joke. Was at the airport at 4.30pm on 27th June for our flight to leave at 6.10pm. We waited in line for 2 hours so obviously missed our flight. There were no other flights going to the Gold Coast that day so we ended up taking a later flight to Brisbane and had to hire a car to drive to the Gold Coast from Brisbane. There was only one staff member checking people in. Absolutely shocking customer service and will never use this airline again.
RouteMelbourne to Gold Coast
Date FlownJune 2021

"don't page people any more"

Trip Verified | Awful customer service. Was waiting to board. Had to go to the toilet and came back. Found the flight closed and nobody in sight to even help. Was quite shocked as no one called me. Apparently they don't page people any more. No customer service at all. I fly quite frequently and had never had this happen before.
RouteMelbourne to Newcastle
Date FlownApril 2021

"They are reducing a joke of a food service to nothing"

Not Verified | I have booked a flight with Virgin Eco X, from Gold Coast to Perth. I got an email saying from 25th March 2021 they no will be longer serving a complimentary snack! These snacks are an insult anyway with a biscuit done up to look like something decent. Now they are saying you have to ask for the "snack" if you have prepaid the higher airfare. Seriously! What a joke. They are reducing a joke of a food service to nothing - I bet there are no reductions in airfares with this reduced service! I'm sure they will blame it on Covid. Wake up Virgin or you will go under when people vote with their feet. Pathetic.
RouteGold Coast to Perth
Date FlownDecember 2020

"the service was efficient"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Newcastle and return. Very smooth check-in and boarding procedures in both directions. The services operated on time, the service was efficient and a small snack was served on both flights. One way was on Velocity points (no trouble booking), and the return was at a very competitive fare at a convenient time. What more can you ask for? Well, slightly more legroom and a lot less rude security staff at Newcastle airport. I have never had a problem with my all-plastic no-metal belt at any other airport worldwide, but a self-important agent treated me like an idiot when his machine beeped.
RouteMelbourne to Newcastle
Date FlownMarch 2021

"never fly with Virgin again"

Not Verified | I will never fly with Virgin again. I had to decide at the Brisbane airport not to go on a trip to Perth due to recent border changes for covid. Virgin service desk was not helping me out as I booked through the travel agent although I was at the airport service desk in person trying to get the ticket credit at 2 hours before my departure time. I told her I didn’t have enough time to contact my travel agent in such a short time frame. She falsely reassured me that I don’t need to worry about it and my travel agent could help even my departure time has passed. But instead she didn’t do anything and Virgin marked my ticket as “No show” and “used ticket”. Now my travel agent could not rebook for me. Virgin refused to reopen the ticket for me and accused me that I was “No show”.
RouteBrisbane to Perth

"Disgusting service"

Trip Verified | Not worth the inflated flights. Don't trust them during COVID! We just tried to change a flight that's coming up in 2 weeks. It took multiple calls over multiple days to even get through to the queue! You go through all the prompts, then it says "please call back later." Despite their website advertising free changes, after waiting 3.5 hours (no exaggeration) on the phone, we were told we could change to one of the multiple flights on the day we needed. And only the most expensive one. The equivalent flight on Jetstar was $135, on Virgin $177, yet they said that for a change, we could only book the $290 tickets, departing approximately an hour later. Disgusting service. We ended up paying more than the tickets were worth. Will avoid flying them again at all costs. Furthermore the process to change the flights took almost an hour after the 3.5 hour wait. Previously, we tried to change a flight online using a travel credit. When using the credit, we could only book our Brisbane to Melbourne flight with a stopover in Sydney. When we removed the flight credit option, the flights are direct and at a cheaper price.
RouteGold Coast to Melbourne
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"has made us not want to fly again"

Trip Verified | Family of 4 traveled from Gold Coast to Melbourne on Monday 4/1/21 on flight no VA 750 at 6pm. While we were in the air, we had 20 minutes of severe turbulence which made my kids petrified and sick. It was so scary for me and my family that has made us not want to fly again. We have been to the Gold Coast every year on a different airline but had never experienced this turbulence. I would never fly on or recommend Virgin again to anyone. I did mention to one of the flight attendant when disembarking but she abruptly said it was wild weather.
RouteGold Coast to Melbourne