Virgin Australia

"staff were great"

Trip Verified | Flew Melbourne to Sydney with Virgin Australia. The staff were great, really helpful and friendly. It’s made me decide to fly Virgin more often. I was running slightly late from the airport bus and they got me through and onto the plane.
RouteMelbourne to Sydney
Date FlownNovember 2018

"not very happy at all"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Proserpine to Brisbane. Flight attendants were not very happy at all, looked like they didnt want to be there Thought the little health bar that was offered with tea or coffee was pathetic and tastless, come on Virgin you can do better than this, what about crackers and a bit of cheese at least.
RouteProserpine to Brisbane

"so polite and helpful"

Trip Verified | Auckland to Melbourne. The flight crew was so polite and helpful and to help me in a situation where my phone was about to die And one of them personally giving me one of theirs powerbank to charge my phone was very appreciated And this is the reason i love travelling with virgin australia.
RouteAuckland to Melbourne
Date FlownNovember 2018

"felt marginally more comfortable"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Perth. Check-in easy via self serve kiosks. Warm welcome on boarding cabin crew were smiling and assisting passengers. A hot meal was served and this time exceeded expectations it was beef stroganoff which was hot and tasty. Complimentary beer, wine and soft drinks were offered twice during the flight. The flight felt marginally more comfortable with no obvious reason why that would be. A very acceptable long domestic flight.
RouteMelbourne to Perth
Date FlownOctober 2018

"All in all an ok flight"

Trip Verified | Perth to Melbourne. Checkin was fast and easy using self serve kiosks. Boarding was orderly and fast. Greeted at the door by the cabin service manager and welcomed aboard. Cabin crew appeared aloof during boarding a lack of welcoming smiles. A hot meal was served which while not spectacular was adequate Complimentary beer, wine, soft drinks, water and juice were available throughout the flight. Call bells answered promptly. No announcement from the flight deck except to advise that due to congestion at Melbourne we needed to hold and land 30 minutes behind schedule. Seat comfort was ok, leg room ok (I am 6ft) All in all an ok flight nothing negative.
RoutePerth to Melbourne
Date FlownOctober 2018

"Very poor customer service"

Not Verified | Melbourne to Hamilton Island via Sydney. Very poor customer service, our 7.45am flight was delayed by half an hour so I went up to the counter the check what to do as we had a connecting flight with Virgin, staff at the counter was so rude when I asked her what to do, but she assured us that we would have plenty of time for our connecting flight (20 mins). A few minutes later they called us to the desk to let us know that we will indeed be missing our connecting flight and we would now have to wait 2.5 hours at the airport for a different flight. We received a $16 virgin voucher, what a joke.
RouteMelbourne to Hamilton Island via Sydney
Date FlownOctober 2018

"flight has been delayed twice"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Perth. I paid double the price of a TigerAir flight because I believed that I would get better service on Virgin. So far, the flight has been delayed twice. We were informed of the delay too late to be able to stay at work or home. I should have stuck with the cheaper airline! At least then I would have felt that the flight delay was to be expected!
RouteSydney to Perth
Date FlownOctober 2018

"no communication from staff"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Queenstown. This is the first time I have flown Virgin and I will not be doing it again! For the amount I paid in tickets I should have at least been offered a meal for an international flight. After being delayed at the airport with absolutely no communication from staff, the passengers getting their information online from the airport itself, we couldn’t leave to get food or go to the toilet as the delay only jumped 20 mins at a time therefore missing the flight was too high a risk. Then to get on the plane and not be offered a sorry or anything but a plastic cup with water. Cheers for your terrible service.
RouteSydney to Queenstown
Date FlownOctober 2018

"like winning the lottery"

Trip Verified | Brisbane to Perth. Fantastic ground service. Friendly, efficient with a smile. Getting on Virgin's Airbus for domestic flights is like winning the lottery. Seats are really comfortable and recline to a flat bed. Great in flight service, professional and with a smile. Even the words they use "your dinner menu if you wish to join us tonight". Very luxurious. Noise cancelling headsets. Touchscreen entertainment screens. Overnight pack. After a wonderful dinner, I fell asleep on the flatbed and the stewardess dimmed my lights for me. When VA flies the Airbus, the outstanding comfort and food is elevated by world class service.
AircraftAirbus 330-200
RouteBrisbane to Perth

"Worst international flight"

Trip Verified | Denpasar to Brisbane. Worst international flight I ever experienced. Firstly, Virgin advertised itself as a full service airline, while in fact it is a budget airline with basic services. The Boeing 737 is small and uncomfortable for international flight - Virgin tries to save cost by not using Aerobridge in Bali. It was hot and unpleasant experience - Extremely illogical baggage rule. No piece can exceed 23kg despite having combined luggage allowance between 4 of us of 92kg. As our 2 suitcases weigh 25kg each, we have to bring another suitcase to meet this requirement. I understand the usual airlines rule of baggage not exceeding 32kg for OH&S reason. But why 23kg? Pretty much BYO entertainment system. Meal and drinks included, but only 1 drink. So if you want another glass of coke, you need to pay. Despite accepting kids meal request, there are no kids meal on board. They dont even have blanket for an overnight flight. Seat paddings are very thin and uncomfortable for long flight For the icing on the cake, our 8am connecting flight from Brisbane to Sydney was cancelled and put into 12pm flight. We are now stuck in Brisbane. Thought Virgin would be more accommodating to at least give us access to the Lounge for our kids to rest or at least a meal for the delay. I will never travel with Virgin ever again. Do yourself a favour, fly with Garuda which has been excellent (travelled more than 5 times from Sydney to Bali) or Jetstar and save yourself some money. Virgin is a budget airline that pretend to be a full service airline
RouteDenpasar to Brisbane