Virgin Australia

"Will never fly with them again"

Trip Verified | Virgin sent me a text at 4am on the date of my departure Saturday while I was on holiday camping telling me that my flight from Launceston to Adelaide had been cancelled and booked a route for the following day without consultation with me. This route unbelievably required me to leave Launceston at 6.30 am Sunday - despite my being in holiday and having nowhere to sleep, waiting for around 4 hours in Melbourne, then flying to the Gold Coast and from there arriving in Adelaide at 4.30 pm! It would have been almost quicker to catch the ferry and drive. No explanation for the cancellation. Will never fly with them again
RouteLaunceston to Adelaide
Date FlownNovember 2022

"off-loaded because they are overbooked"

Not Verified | Flight VA609 Friday 25. November 2022 11:15 When Boarding, at the gate I have been told that I will not fly today, I have been off-loaded because they are overbooked due to another cancelation. No alternative has been offered, I had to find out on my own. To mention I am flying frequently and spend quite a lot of money with Virgin. I claimed to be put back on this plane (thanks to the lovely ladies from ground staff in the lounge), that is where I am now but not sure where my luggage is or will be. Plane is already 35 min late due to unloading and reloading of luggage.
RouteSydney to Brisbane
Date FlownNovember 2022

"hated whole flying experience"

Trip Verified | They canceled 1 hour before takeoff after checking to the airport. And they were so rude, replacing my seat 5 hours later and saying if you don t take it, you have to fly next day. So I had to accept it even though I had business meeting that evening. They offered refund saying I won t be able to book another airline cause they are all booked. They said it is due to windy condition but there was no sign of wind. Soon I found ticket 1 hour earlier so booked on my phone and asking for refund .. they said they can not refund but give me credit cause it is the weather that got them canceled flight. Even though they offered me refund before, so I had to fight to get refund saying they keep changing their words however they like to. They were not sorry or did not compensate for 5 hour delay. They were rather threatening throughout the procedure. Most unkind customer service at service desk. I hated whole flying experience. Will never fly with them again if I can. And refund has not come through yet ... I will wait and see
RouteSydney to Gold coast

"a good experience"

Trip Verified | I enjoyed the trip. Check in was easy, as was the bag drop at Melbourne Airport. The flight was slightly delayed, but it was no big deal. The staff were friendly and helpful. The cost only included beverage or food and water, but for such a short flight that was no big deal. Overall a good experience.
RouteMelbourne to Hobart
Date FlownNovember 2022

"Staff were both efficient and friendly"

Trip Verified | Check in was very smooth and friendly. The plane was slightly delayed but only by a few minutes. Staff were both efficient and friendly. Only water was included, but I managed to purchase a beer and some nuts for a reasonable price. I didn't have to wait long to collect my bags. Overall a very good flight.
RouteHobart to Melbourne
Date FlownNovember 2022

"didn’t provide us with a snack for free"

Not Verified | I just paid $950 for a flight from Perth to Sydney, it’s over. 4 hour flight and they didn’t even provide us with a snack for free. I strongly believe they should provide passengers a meal on this long flight especially when you are over charging. I will definitely be giving business to Qantas who provide free meals on the longer flights in Australia.
RoutePerth to Sydney
Date FlownNovember 2022

"Worst airline I ever used"

Trip Verified | Worst airline I ever used and will never use again. I was travelling with two kids from Melbourne to Sydney On Sunday. They postponed the flight to Monday. I had no accommodation in Melbourne and had a medical appointment in Sydney on Monday morning. I waited 40mins on the phone to find a solution to my problem. What I got was zero sympathy and support. They also hanged up the phone when I requested the name of rude person I was talking to. Zero customer care. Zero taking responsibility to their mistakes
RouteMelbourne to Sydney
Date FlownOctober 2022

"Really unhappy with them"

Trip Verified | Horrible airline. Will not be flying with them again. I was supposed to fly a few days ago with Virgin Australia, but they delayed my flight 15 hours and did not provide a refund. Really unhappy with them.
RouteSydney to Brisbane
Date FlownMarch 2022

"a budget airline once again"

Not Verified | Still apparent that Virgin Australia are running ghost flights, flight cancelled at 1am with no explanation. Only option to fly via Brisbane to get to Melbourne 8 hours later. Missed a family funeral but as expected offshore call centre has no appreciation of this concern. Virgin very much a budget airline once again.
RouteSydney to Melbourne
Date FlownOctober 2022

"12 weeks or more for a refund"

Trip Verified | Put in complaint as flight cancelled and when asked for rebooking made it Mon instead of Sun. Then flight cancelled again Mon and airline rebooked for Tues. Already missed 1 day work couldn't miss another. Told had to get back to Sydney for work. Told could get flight to Canberra and then bus back to Sydney. No other options. Told them to cancel booking. Now been told have to wait 12 weeks or more for a refund. Totally unacceptable
RouteMelbourne to Sydney