Virgin Australia

"$12 for a sandwich is ridiculous"

Trip Verified | I fly Qantas a lot because I know what to expect via service food etc and find that comforting. Every now and then I fly Virgin due to scheduling and sometimes a lower fare due to work, thing is they could be way better than Qantas if they supplied food and beverages like Qantas instead of charging on board, $12 for a sandwich is ridiculous as is all other prices on their menu, they used to provide as part of fare but no more. Makes them feel like a budget European airline, which are just that, budget! As the number 2 airline in Australia they should wear the suit that applies to that level, not Kmart shorts and singlet and things! Would support more if they lifted their game! Nice they tell me my bags are on board though, are you paying attention Qantas. Maybe learn from each other for your customers benefit. As always be safe and Bon voyage
RouteKalgoorlie to Perth
Date FlownJune 2024

"fantastic and very professional"

Trip Verified |   We flew with Virgin Australia from Brisbane to Fiji with return and were lucky enough to have Ryan and the crew both ways, they were fantastic and very professional, they gave our trip the kick start it needed for a great holiday cannot recommend Ryan and crew high enough. Great flight.
RouteNadi to Brisbane
Date FlownMay 2024

"No sympathy, just refusal"

Not Verified |   Could not fly due to our youngest son being in hospital. Half the total fares were taken in fees and the rest put in travel bank. Fast forward 12 months, with the cost of living ext, we can't afford to fly anywhere, and I have asked for an extension for even 6 months. No sympathy, just refusal. Virgin Australia are holding onto money that is mine.
RouteGold Coast to Sydney
Date FlownJune 2023

“Staff customer service poor”

Not Verified | Staff customer service poor. I was asked by passenger sitting behind me not to recline my seat as he had a baby. I had paid full fare for my seat but had to sit up straight even though I had a neck ache. No meals on the 4 hour flight to Fiji. This is an early morning flight. You will have to buy from their inflight menu or go hungry until the afternoon when you land in Fiji. Be careful when you tap your credit cards for inflight meals. I was overcharged. The flight attendant does not show the screen what you are paying for and no receipt is issued.
RouteSydney to Nadi
Date FlownMay 2024

"Thank you to this lovely crew"

Trip Verified | I had a problem with my ear after take off from Sydney & my ear started bleeding. Nothing terrible but slightly uncomfortable. I knew there was nothing cabin crew could do to fix my problem & just requested a tissue very discretely. Cabin crew became aware of my discomfort & were very understanding & reassuring I was not an inconvenience requesting a few tissues. Unbeknown to me the cabin crew informed the Pilot who then planned for the flight to descend more slowly so cabin pressure could adjust more gradually. Well this was my limited understanding of the amended flight plan & low & behold it made the descending flight much more comfortable. I’m no expert in anything about flight pressure or anything about flying any sort of aircraft but I am still so amazed that any cabin crew who were already so lovely would then inform their Pilot of such a minor issue & they would do whatever they could to help just one passenger. I was happy with just a tissue & some water! Such kindness goes above & beyond any customer service I have experienced anywhere in my life. I wish I could have thanked the Pilot & his second in charge (unsure of correct terminology I’m sorry) in person & I truly hope this review is brought to their attention because I may not fly to Ballina every week for a funeral (thankfully!) but where ever I do fly next time, I know which airline will be top of my list. Passengers do not forget such acts of kindness & nor do the many other people who hear about this in conversation. Thank you to this lovely crew from Virgin Airlines & they are so fortunate to have staff like you! K
RouteSydney to Ballina

"couldn't care less"

Trip Verified |   Garbage airline that couldn't care less about on time performance. Haven't had a single evening flight on time post covid. Putting profits over customers is clearly why they have to keep pushing back IPO attempts.
RouteSydney to Melbourne

“I enjoyed my flight”

Trip Verified | I enjoyed my flight. Easy check in and bag drop and on time departure. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The only drinks available for free were water, coffee and tea which is ok given it was a short flight. Baggage collection was fast too.
RouteMelbourne to Sydney
Date FlownApril 2024

"good chance of securing an entire row"

Trip Verified | Superb economy class service with very friendly and responsive cabin attendants. Flight departed and arrived on time. Seating was comfortable without being great. A big plus was the device holder and USB (type B) charging port. I purchased the full-flight wi-fi pass for AUD19.95, and it probably worked 90% of the time, and appeared to interfere with the IFE reception at times (a member of the cabin crew advised me that this often was the case on this particular aircraft). However sometimes Wi-Fi coverage can be degraded by the location of the aircraft. When it does work, it's good. Catering is what we've come to expect on VA: all user-pays, and OK in terms of choice and quality. Please note that VA have no lounge in Haneda or Cairns. That can be managed in Haneda as there is plenty to keep you occupied, but it is a problem in Cairns International, which is little more than an oversized bus shelter. This flight, and its return flight (VA78) are rarely at full capacity. Choose your seats carefully, and you have a good chance of securing an entire row to yourself!
AircraftBoeing 737 Max-8
RouteBrisbane to Tokyo Haneda via Cairns
Date FlownMarch 2024

"very comfortable seat"

Trip Verified | Check in was easy and the flight left on time. A very comfortable seat. Food, service and wine served was excellent. Some extra snacks were offered which was nice. Quick collection of baggage as well. All in all a wonderful flight
RouteGold Coast to Melbourne

"I enjoyed the flight"

Trip Verified | I enjoyed the flight. Easy check in, friendly staff and on time departure. A very tasty meal as well. Perhaps desert could be a bit more substantial. Lovely wine served too.
RouteMelbourne to Gold Coast