Virgin Australia

"Virgin did not transfer all details"

Not Verified | My booking required a change to flights due to medical reasons. Virgin did not transfer all details which meant that bags needed to be checked in at the line. The line literally did not move for half an hour. I was told they were not short staffed, they were just busy. Staff were generally helpful, however, considering this wait was due to the airlines error I was quite upset. If you call to change flights make sure they actually transfer all your booking details.
RouteAdelaide to Brisbane
Date FlownMay 2022

"Useless staff and business management"

Trip Verified | Do not fly Virgin post covid! They will cancel flights, delay flights all day and not accommodate or compensate you. Useless staff and business management. Have had a few trips booked in with them over the last few months and have lost over 50 hours of airport delays/cancelled flights and $1000 on rebooking flights. We will never use again.
RouteBrisbane to Melbourne
Date FlownMay 2022

"I don't recommend this airline"

Trip Verified | This was me and my wife traveled with Virgin Australia. We spent $760 on tickets and took us 6 hours to Perth and no one ask us for a glass of water. We have to call a staff for a glass of water and one of the rudest staff I've ever seen. I don't recommend this airline to anyone. Wifi signs are displayed but there was no network. You can imagine sitting for 6 hours no water how hard it will be. Will never ever using this airline in my life.
RouteBrisbane to Perth

"cancelled flight"

Trip Verified | Adelaide to Melbourne. Virgin cancelled flight after asking passengers to wait in the lounge for over two hours. They announced the flight would be boarding 15 minutes before the flight was cancelled. They stated the reason for the cancellation was due to weather conditions but it appears the pilots had exceeded their flying hours. If it was the latter, they could have notified passengers earlier, enabling them to fly with other carriers (which still flew that evening).
RouteAdelaide to Melbourne
Date FlownFebruary 2022

"they were unaccommodating and uncaring"

Not Verified | Virgin Australia has scammed me. They offered me a credit, $800 however I can’t even use it as they no longer offer flights from the US. When I asked if they could somehow transfer it to Virgin Atlantic or make it so my credits are actually usable - they were unaccommodating and uncaring. Thanks for “crediting” me when I can’t even use it.
RouteLos Angeles to Sydney
Date FlownApril 2022

"impressed how efficiently the staff handled the situation"

Trip Verified | The flight left on time which was impressive given how busy the airport was. I was impressed how efficiently the staff handled the situation. The staff were friendly and helpful. The food offered (for purchase) was small and only water, tea and coffee were provided free a charge. This was no big deal for such a short flight. Overall a pleasant flight.
RouteMelbourne to Canberra
Date FlownApril 2022

"They should have served something more substantial"

Trip Verified | Check in was easy and quick. The flight left on time. The staff were mostly friendly and helpful and the seat was very comfortable. My only criticism was the meal. It was a very small salad served with some cheese and dry biscuits. They should have served something more substantial on a flight of over two hours. The wine that was served was very good however.
RouteSunshine Coast to Melbourne
Date FlownApril 2022

"complaint to Virgin requesting a refund"

Not Verified | Flew with Virgin after visiting my terminally ill mother. The plane from Perth to Kalgoorlie was honestly the oldest, clunkiest sounding plane I've ever flown in. It was a high-30's day and uncomfortably hot - after a big day's travel I was looking forward to getting some air con on the final leg home. Boarded the plane and it was like an oven in there. I took my seat up the back and immediately tried to adjust the air con to blow on me, but it wasn't working. I noticed other passengers around me doing the same. The air con did not operate during the flight and I was so hot I felt like I was going to vomit. I brought the issue to the crew's attention, one lady said she would 'look into it for me' and never came back. Submitted a complaint to Virgin requesting a refund (NOT full) and they declined it saying 'they got me to my destination safely'. As I exited the plane I noticed that at the front of the aircraft the air con was working - it was cooler up there.
RoutePerth to Kalgoorlie
Date FlownMarch 2022

"Unhappy with customer service"

Trip Verified | I am disappointed with Virgin Australia and Webjet, its booking agent, for refusing a full refund of airfares after cancellation due to medical reasons. The Covid19 and Virgin Australia in Receivership in the last two years resulted in no flights. However, about 35% of our fares was refunded, the rest was retained as travel credits. On 6/03/22 we submitted a booking request for 2 return tickets to Cairns in August 2022 using our flight credits. Now more than a month, there has been no flight confirmation from Virgin Australia despite an email request why there's delay, we might miss out. Its disgusting that the Airline did not cancel our flights when we requested a month before flight departure date. It waited until the day of departure to cancel a tactic to justify its policy of no refund. The fact is, we did not cancel our flight at the last minute. On the other hand if the Airline refused a full refund and we've now ask for a flight booking why now a problem? Are people with flight credits treated differently? Unhappy with customer service.
RouteMelbourne to Cairns
Date FlownMay 2021

"Enjoyable flight"

Trip Verified | Enjoyable flight. Check in was busy, but I did not have to wait very long. Staff were friendly and efficient. The plane was very clean. It would be great if they offered more food options though. The plane left on time, but there was a bit of a wait picking up luggage. Overall I was satisfied.
RouteSydney to Melbourne