Virgin Australia

"service was satisfactory"

Not Verified | Our booking was originally booked on VA570 departing at 22.55 from Perth with A330-200 on 8 March. We travelled and booked business class to use the flat bed seats however when we checked in the beginning of March, our flight was changed to B737-800 and we did not receive a notification. The reason we booked this flatbed A330-200 was because we had a flight booked to Ballina next day on 09 March at 13.35. After we rang VA Call Centre in Philippines, they re-booked us on VA562 (A330-200) departing Perth at 15.30 and arriving Sydney at 22.40. It meant we had to book 1 night accomodation in Sydney. The service on VA562 was satisfactory. Baggage collection in Sydney was quick.
AircraftA330-200
RoutePerth to Sydney

"This is awful service"

Not Verified | Orlando to Sydney via Los Angeles. Our flight to Sydney was cancelled due to the travel ban and instead, we were assigned a flight to Salt Lake City. Because we booked on the Travelocity website, Virgin won’t answer any of my questions about cancelling. They just refer me back to Travelocity. Meanwhile, Travelocity doesn’t know Virgin’s cancellation policy well enough to answer any of my questions including basic ones such as “Will I at least get a travel credit? When would it expire?” But Virgin charged my credit card and should know their own policy. I don’t get it. This is awful service! I am already devastated that my dream vacation is cancelled and now I have an uphill battle to get refunds.
RouteOrlando to Sydney via Los Angeles
Date FlownApril 2020

"useless customer service"

Not Verified | Extremely useless customer service, I had a flight booked with them for my (probably once in a lifetime) vacation to Australia, (I live in Canada) they cancelled my flight from, so not only did I have to spend and unexpected $650 to rent a car and drive 6 hours to get me from Gladstone to Brisbane so I wouldn't miss my flight back to Canada, The only thing they are willing to offer me is a $90 credit off my next flight. Which by the way is a complete waste of time since as you can imagine, Virgin "Australia" doesn't have any flights in Canada. Thanks Virgin.
RouteBrisbane to Gladstone
Date FlownMarch 2020

"Virgin are not refunding"

Trip Verified | Hobart to Sydney booked for the end of May 2020. Virgin are not refunding even though they are cancelling or changing the flights, and do not respond to complaints submitted 2+ months ago! You cannot trust this airline.
RouteHobart to Sydney
Date FlownApril 2020

"don’t give refunds"

Trip Verified | Mackay to Brisbane. Virgin Australia don’t give refunds even though cancelling is not our fault. The person I spoke with talked that fast I couldn’t understand her and when I asked her to repeat what she said she was rude. What I can understand is I have fare credit that I have 12 months to use so if this virus goes on longer than that we lose our money. I have no idea how to access this credit they need to be reported for lack of customer service.
RouteMackay to Brisbane
Date FlownJuly 2019

"What a waste of time"

Not Verified | Brisbane to Christchurch. Ever tried to contact Virgin during the virus. What a waste of time. Is my flight still flying? Who knows. Virgin phones do not work. They will not take calls anyway unless you are flying in 48-hours. By 48 hours before the flight, all the other airlines are sold out. What a joke. Try contacting them early. Still, no good they are working Australian business hours if the phone answers at all. I think my booking will be cancelled for the second time but I do not know. It is in 4 days. I pity other people stuck in another country. When there is the real trouble with this airline you are stuffed.
RouteBrisbane to Christchurch
Date FlownMarch 2020

"disgusted with the service"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Adelaide. Pretty disgusted with the service. We were 3 minutes late for checking in and they wouldn't even budge, flight still had 27 minutes until it left, then they tried to charge us $500 for a later flight, high way robbery, totally agree with paying extra but seriously $500, this must be how they make their money. Clearly we have to go as we had a death in the family but no compassion what's so ever. Will never fly with virgin again. When they could of just said no worries you are 3 minutes late but we will help you out - nope $$$$$ is all they are interested in.
RouteSydney to Adelaide
Date FlownMarch 2020

"attitude of the staff was really awful"

Trip Verified | My wife and I travelled on VA0595 from Hobart to Perth on the 16th March 2020. We were really disappointed that there was not enough food (snacks) on the aircraft which was not even nearly full except for some Asian rice dish. The cabin staff were very perfunctory and short when we asked about the options open to us, the attitude of the staff without exception was really awful. Then to crown it off once we were airborne and the (snacks and a drink) dispensed with the lights were dimmed, the cabin crew retired to the galley and held a raucous and very loud get together which was punctuated with shrill voices and loud raucous laughter which obviated any thoughts of a relaxing evening flight getting into Perth after 12:00am Hobart time. In short, their behaviour was unprofessional and very larrikan with no regard to the comfort of the passengers. What a pity that Virgin has had to resort to this poor quality of personnel to service their flights.
RouteHobart to Perth

"They are unscrupulous"

Not Verified | Brisbane to Cairns. Virgin Australia has managed to skewer us for 700.00 Canadian dollars and they did it with ease! As a result of the world issue with Corvonavirus we had to return to Canada on short notice. We called Virgin Australia numerous times while still in Australia and could never get through to customer service and their on line page is awful, more interested in up selling. Their web site indicates if you booked through an agent they have to cancel. Our agent couldn't contact them either. They are unscrupulous and not a company worth dealing with. I cant imagine Sir Richard Branson approves of this or maybe he does?
RouteBrisbane to Cairns
Date FlownMarch 2020

"cannot board as the gate is closed"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Sydney . My flight was scheduled to leave at 4pm and I was on a different gate and upon hearing the final boarding announcement I reached the counter at 3:52 pm. I was told by the staff on the counter that the flight has left. I told her that it was to leave at 4pm so how come it left early. Then she corrected herself and said that I cannot board as the gate is closed and pointed me to the help desk on level 1. I am disappointed with the poor customer service as they greet you with straight faces and they are not there to help.
RouteMelbourne to Sydney