Virgin Australia

"staff were friendly and efficient"

Trip Verified | My flight was due to leave at 8.40 am but was rescheduled for 11.40 am. I was already on my way to the airport. I understand how tough times are for airlines but I wish more notice was given. I was stuck at the airport for the whole morning. The staff were friendly and efficient and it could have been a lot worse. I wish they would offer a greater variety of food to purchase, especially given it's a lunchtime flight.
AircraftBoeing 737 800
RouteMelbourne to Sunshine Coast
Date FlownDecember 2021

"Boxing Day flights cancelled twice"

Not Verified | Boxing Day flights cancelled twice in 24 hours, 3 days before departure - completely unreliable doubtless due to penny pinching new owners. Joke of an airline rapidly descending into bankruptcy yet again.
RouteAdelaide to Sydney
Date FlownDecember 2021

"attendants were friendly and efficient"

Trip Verified | A good flight. Staff at check in were friendly and helpful. The plane left on time and the flight attendants were friendly and efficient. There was a reasonable selection of drinks and snacks to purchase, which was fine for a short flight. No IFE, but that was not necessary in a flight less them 90 minutes.
AircraftBoeing 737 800
RouteSydney to Melbourne
Date FlownDecember 2021

"no customer service, no recovery"

Trip Verified | Flight cancelled, no customer service, no recovery, flight they rebooked us 14 days later to go home!! Got an earlier flight through other help. I was on the phone waiting for an hour. Food is average. Staff were nice.
RouteChristmas Island to Perth
Date FlownDecember 2021

"they were rude, dismissive and obnoxious"

Not Verified | Cairns to Brisbane, VA788, 18 July, 5.40, 7.55pm. The ground crew arrived and had missed one flight and was unable to get the barcode checked in to work, the male person was rude and told me to go back downstairs to check in - even though I had been waiting for him until the flight was nearly fully boarded. He then chose to ignore me then referred me to another staff member who gave me a boarding pass then reprimanded me by saying don’t expect it in the future as this was a one off, they were rude, dismissive and obnoxious and I will never fly with Virgin again.
RouteCairns to Brisbane
Date FlownJuly 2021

"get a text saying flights cancelled"

Not Verified | Booked a flight home on that date about 4 pm then at 10.30pm get a text saying flights cancelled and they transferred me to the 6.00 am time, Thats fine but i had a hire car, they dont open until 7am. I tried to ring Virgin to get the flight put back to a later time. They had no one to talk to about it, they open at 5am i was flying out at 6am and i had to leave the hire car at a service station. To me not having someone to talk to is pathetic by them, ok I got it done but the stress levels went through the roof that should not have happened.

"Such poor hospitality"

Not Verified | Requested an escort for my dad as he doesn’t speak English. They said they’ll sort it out in 30 mins. 5:30 rolls around still nothing, I went up to the desk to ask what’s going on they said they’ve only just got around to do so. 6:00 rolls around still nothing went up again to. They said that they’ve had a last minute change of plans. Which is understand able. Which tick me off was that the escort came in without saying hello or sorry for the wait. She just went and said “let’s go” in real harsh way and proceeded to walk so fast she ended up 20 metres ahead of dad felt like she didn’t want to help my dad. For my understanding if you’re an escort for a passenger you’d stick close to person and leave them chasing after you. That happened right in front of me, I can’t imagine what it was like for him after he went through security. I hope that lady’s older relatives didn’t get treated the way she treated my dad. Such poor hospitality and customer service
RoutePerth to Cocos (Keeling) Islands
Date FlownJuly 2021

"Absolutely shocking customer service"

Not Verified | This airline is an absolute joke. Was at the airport at 4.30pm on 27th June for our flight to leave at 6.10pm. We waited in line for 2 hours so obviously missed our flight. There were no other flights going to the Gold Coast that day so we ended up taking a later flight to Brisbane and had to hire a car to drive to the Gold Coast from Brisbane. There was only one staff member checking people in. Absolutely shocking customer service and will never use this airline again.
RouteMelbourne to Gold Coast
Date FlownJune 2021

"don't page people any more"

Trip Verified | Awful customer service. Was waiting to board. Had to go to the toilet and came back. Found the flight closed and nobody in sight to even help. Was quite shocked as no one called me. Apparently they don't page people any more. No customer service at all. I fly quite frequently and had never had this happen before.
RouteMelbourne to Newcastle
Date FlownApril 2021

"They are reducing a joke of a food service to nothing"

Not Verified | I have booked a flight with Virgin Eco X, from Gold Coast to Perth. I got an email saying from 25th March 2021 they no will be longer serving a complimentary snack! These snacks are an insult anyway with a biscuit done up to look like something decent. Now they are saying you have to ask for the "snack" if you have prepaid the higher airfare. Seriously! What a joke. They are reducing a joke of a food service to nothing - I bet there are no reductions in airfares with this reduced service! I'm sure they will blame it on Covid. Wake up Virgin or you will go under when people vote with their feet. Pathetic.
RouteGold Coast to Perth