SriLankan Airlines

(Saudi Arabia)

AUH-CMB Business class. Separate bus to aircraft A320. Greeted warmly and jacket taken. Seat is cradle type and has seen better days with no foot rests and whilst clean it was tatty but spacious. Only 3 pax in the cabin so plenty of space. Newspapers offered drinks order taken with a wide choice of drinks and wines. Food was good older style presentation but tasty. Great to see tea coffee served in a Hotel afternoon tea presentation. Staff were friendly but not intrusive. A personal video player was offered not many movies but fine for a 4 hour flight. Arrived on time we were met at the aircraft by a ground rep who obtained our bags and arranged our transport to our air taxi. Overall genuine service although seat product could be updated.

(Malaysia)

Bangalore-Colombo-Kuala Lumpur return 3 weeks ago. The return flight was pleasant but the outbound flight to Kuala Lumpur from Colombo was a disappointment. No one served me tea that I asked for during the inflight meal service the inflight entertainment wasn't put up during the 4 hour flight even though the screens functioned alright. I am not sure if they forgot to load up the respected movies/entertainment.

SriLankan Airlines customer review

The flight both ways for me was not what I expected from Sri Lankan. The onward flight to CMB was pleasant but the service onboard was not all that great and I was never asked if I needed a drink during the inflight meal. The return trip was much better but quite an uncomfortable landing. I think the airline can certainly work on the meals being served it was just awful.

(Sri Lanka)

At Bandaranayake International Airport check-in was quick and we were quickly directed to departure lounges. The gates were open at the correct time the aircraft arrived 5 mins after the boarding time and then the airport authorities started to clean the plane. After all we were boarded 2 hours after the estimated boarding time. We were warmly welcomed onboard and seats were comfortable and large. Take off and landings was smooth the food was excellent and they offered 3 choices of main meals. The service was nice crew always at our fingertips to give assistance.

SriLankan Airlines customer review

Business Cass with family from Dubai to KL via Colombo. Excellent service and hospitality at value price. Staff most courteous and helpful. Aircraft though a bit old is comfortable. Entertainment system needs updating but is still acceptable. The lounge at Colombo is nice with free Ayurvedic Massage facility.

SriLankan Airlines customer review

Two Business Class seats to and from Colombo. Outward was fine but the return leg from was very poor with no attention to our needs between lunch and dinner. Ringing the service bell had no effect. Eventually I had to walk to the service area to request tea where I found staff sitting and having a chat. Toilets weren't up to much either.

SriLankan Airlines customer review

London to Colombo return. The new A340 seats were fantastic flat beds with First Class cabin offered at Business Class fare. I had an excellent flight and we landed 45 mins early.

(Saudi Arabia)

RUH-CMB-BKK-CMB-RUH. RUH-CMB 2 hours delay which caused concern because we only had a 1 hour connection time in CMB. The lounge at RUH is awful so we tend not to use it but even though we were first in the queue we were prevented from boarding by the Ground staff as they wanted Business Passengers to board last. This is a really good concept at CMB as you are the last to board and the Lounge staff escort you to the gate but not in RUH were you are sat in the open terminal and when we did board they had both entrances open! An old A340 with old business class seats (not lie flat). Decent choice of movies and extra choice with a library of Hi8. Cabin crew slow at the beginning but good choice of food and drink. CMB-BKK on arrival at CMB we were met by ground staff and informed we had missed our connection but were given a choice of flying CMB-SIN (economy) and SIN/BKK (business) or wait 18 hours - we chose the latter. Put up in a nice hotel in the centre of CMB and made the most of the day. The lounge in CMB is very nice with hot/cold food complimentary massage and cocktails. A330-200 with lie flat seats and a great crew. Service was excellent with little touches like espresso available. Video same as the earlier flight but with no Hi8. BKK-CMB an A330-200 but with the older Business Class seats. IFE same as first flight but crew were friendly and wanted to help. CMB-RUH again service in the lounge first class but A340 was probably the oldest version I have ever come across - levers instead of buttons to move the seat and old business class type seat. Food and service good. Three sectors on time and except for first sector crew were great and great value for money.

SriLankan Airlines customer review

Singapore-Colombo transit and then onto Kochi India. Business Class. It was a superb experience though I had been worried after reading other reviews. The cabin crew were of a high standard very professional and friendly. The use of the Skyview Lounge at Changi was nice and it offered a great view of the tarmac activity with all arriving flights visible. UL was delayed from KL. Only issue perhaps was the boarding sequence at Changi where it was an utter free for all. The airline should try to maintain some order or queue priorities. The Serendib Lounge at Colombo was also very nice with a great spread of food.

SriLankan Airlines customer review

DEL-CMB-NRT return. I chose UL because it was the cheapest. Their online booking system check-in and seat selections were very easy to navigate and use. Service was excellent from ground staff to above the air crew were responsive to attendant-call buttons. The return sectors had an over night stop in Colombo in which transit hotel + breakfast was provided nearby the airport. The last sector (CMB-DEL) was operated was brand new Airbus A320 which had an advanced AVOD system and the seat pitch was excellent. Above all despite of very competitive price it was 100% mileage applicable on their frequent flyer program which means that now I can redeem free return tickets between South India and Colombo from this trip. Overall very good value for money I'd love to fly with them again. Few complaints are: Most SriLankan aircraft are outdated - on NRT-CMB it was a leased aircraft and seat pitch was very tight. Also catering from Colombo is poor as compared to catering from Delhi or Tokyo which had a very nice presentation as well as taste. 2 hot meals on 9hr+ journey on NRT-MLE was a nice touch (with 3 choices each).