SriLankan Airlines

"crew were eager to help"

Trip Verified | Delhi to Dubai via Colombo. The quality of inflight services including foods and wide choices of alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages made my flight better. The cabin crew were eager to help.
RouteDelhi to Dubai via Colombo
Date FlownOctober 2019

"One of the worst travel experience"

(Qatar)

Trip Verified | My family flown to Colombo From Doha on 01.10.2019 .Had a very bad experience with the Sri Lankan Airlines. Before we book the ticket we ask bassinet for two month infant they ask to while check in counter we can get as they said we got 50D when we bored there are no bassinet available. We ask cabin crew after long argument they tried and they gave 20D. After that there are no any on board service provided by the cabin crews when we ask for glass of water after half an hour they served, when we ask for diapers kit they don’t provide. Their reply was flight from Colombo to Doha so it’s not available I was shocked. They know infant traveling from Doha to Colombo they should keep enough. One of the worst travel experience We had.
AircraftA330-200
RouteDoha to Colombo
Date FlownOctober 2019

"customer service is a joke"

Not Verified | I will not fly SriLankan airlines again, the customer service is a joke. I flew from London to Colombo and my inflight entertainment did not work so I stared at a blank screen for 10 hours. When I e mailed to complain they tried to brush it off. When I insisted they escalate they responded with a 50.00 voucher (insult considering the price of my ticket). I have flown with them in the past but never again.
RouteLondon to Colombo
Date FlownAugust 2019

"all were taken well care of"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Jakarta to Dubai via Colombo on 31 August 2019 on A321 and A330-200, respectively. Started journey in Jakarta upon arrival from Kuala Lumpur by Malaysia Airlines. Online check in prints were accepted in JKT Airport so I avoided to exit transit. They are very strict on checking credit card information and cannot allow people on board without being verified. They use Plaza Premium Lounge in T3. Lovely lounge in a big panorama corner with long views in 3 directions. Got some snakefruits and guava juice. Fortunately, MH og UL now both uses this terminal. Previously, I had to exit transit and get a visa to enter among different terminals. Both flights were world class in terms of FA friendliness and care. Food was very good with 3-4 options. Elaborate menu and drink list cards provided. Drinks provided uninterruptedly and proactively in a charming way. FA attendants are the best in the sky to my taste. Well groomed, friendly, focused, caring, charming, smiling (flirtatious?), explaining, suggesting, advising, and very honest and direct on whatever topics may pass. Flights full but all were taken well care of by hardworking staff. Aircrafts were worn and torn. IFE was not working properly and plugs are worn. Old, limited content. However, IFE has not any strong priority for me, anyway. Strange seating in the A330 machine, where the window seats in business class are lifted up 20 cm above all other seats in cabin; can’t sleep in such seats. In conclusion, good value for money and lots of Frequent Flyer Points given. First flight delayed 2 hours due to engine malfunction. Second flight awaited the delay of first flight, so eventually all passengers were delayed by (though only by an hour) at arrival in Dubai. Good for us but less good for the majority onboard 2nd flight for and extended 80 Minutes prior to take off. Not a good way for all as more people are affected and problems pushed forward. My two pieces of inscribed luggage were handled well.
AircraftA321 / A330-200
RouteJakarta to Dubai via Colombo
Date FlownAugust 2019

"value for the money paid"

(Cambodia)

Trip Verified | Colombo to Phnom Penh via Singapore. Punctuality of the airline is commendable. The food was delicious with different options for economy class passengers. Beverages were served more than three times for a 4 hr flight. Comfortable seats, enough leg space and entertainment with new features are improving. Highly recommend this airline and ensure value for the money paid.
RouteColombo to Phnom Penh via Singapore
Date FlownJuly 2019

"Business just 3 seats full"

Trip Verified | Colombo to Dubai and the same 321neo as per Dubai Colombo flight around 20 days back. Business was just 3 seats full though economy was packed. Crew in business were friendly and efficient. Food at their lounge was fantastic and onboard wasn't too bad. Didn't make use of their onboard Wi-Fi but their IFE was enough for me. Only drawback was a major portion of the flight was severe turbulence that led to a seriously tiresome after flight which isn't a fault of the airline.
AircraftA321Neo
RouteColombo to Dubai
Date FlownJuly 2019

"made my entire journey pleasant and memorable"

(Qatar)

Trip Verified | I travelled to Doha from Colombo on the 17th July, UL 217. As I settled into my seat, I informed the stewardess, that I suffer from sinus problems and requested a box of tissues and a blanket. I was surprised how she catered to my request immediately. She was also proactive enough to offer me a glass of warm water. The hospitality did not end there, just before take off she also brought me a cup of lemon tea. I have been a frequent traveller for past 14 years and only experienced such service in business class. This made my entire journey pleasant and memorable.
RouteColombo to Doha
Date FlownJuly 2019

"ample legroom and comfort"

Trip Verified | Dubai to Colombo. The new A321neo with ample legroom and comfort. Their IFE isn't too bad as I managed to catch up with a movie and 3 episodes of my favorite TV shows. I did not avail their onboard WiFi. The crew are warm, friendly and efficient. Only complain is their ground handling agent DNATA in Dubai who's attitude towards business is beyond mediocre as they let Economy Passengers Queue in with Business and didn't do anything till I had given them a fistful.
AircraftA321neo
RouteDubai to Colombo

"extremely rude staff"

(Bahrain)

Trip Verified | Bahrain to Colombo with SriLankan Airlines. Extremely dirty, trash in the aisle which never got cleaned up, extremely rude staff and when I asked for a glass of wine with the food I was told there was no wine left even though no one in front of me had ordered any. The steward fell asleep during landing, worst airline I have ever flown with.
RouteBahrain to Colombo
Date FlownMarch 2019

"Cabin crew were great"

Trip Verified | Colombo to Melbourne. Late night departure. Dinner was offered but I choose to sleep as soon as seat belt sign was off. Cabin crew were great, movie selection could be a bit better with new releases and movies weighted towards Bollywood and S Asian movies. Breakfast served before landing . Overall very happy with service, seat comfort and food. Toilets clean. Only minor feedback, blanket could be a bit thicker and mattress would be good. Lounge in Colombo good , especially the food offerings. No complaints and would fly again
AircraftA330-300