Spring Airlines

"dinged us with the extra fees"

Trip Verified | When we got to the airport, the Spring Airlines staff told us that we had to pay extra and forced us to check our small bags. When we told them that our bags were standard Check-In size for any other airline, they said, "Our max bag size is smaller than other airlines" and then they dinged us with the extra fees. We had to pay around 75 USD and another 50 USD on the way back. What a scam. You think you're saving money, and then you find out that you should have just paid a little more and flown with a legit outfit that shows movies and doesn't charge for water. The check-in line also took forever (maybe because they are making so many people pay extra). We got to the airport 2 hours before take-off and still almost missed our flight. Maybe this is why the check-in staff were so unfriendly. Small consolation to the rock-hard, non-reclining seat was that the staff on the aircraft were actually nice and professional.
Date FlownDecember 2019

"ticket only covers airfare"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Shanghai. The ticket only covers airfare, no carry on or bags, an excess baggage fee is charged according to the distance and the weight of the excess baggage. Prepare to pay $150 USD per bag.
Date FlownNovember 2019

"No carry on was allowed"

(Mexico)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Shanghai. Terrible. No carry on baggage was allowed and they charged for it, this was not mentioned before and I had travelled all around Asia in some low cost airlines with no problem with my bags. I totally regret buying this flight, as the cost “saved” resulted on being more expensive at the end. People in front desks with bad attitude, everything confusing. Terrible experience.
Date FlownNovember 2019

"fellow passengers were horrible"

Trip Verified | Ningbo to Bangkok. The plane and the crew were fine. Only minor gripe was that they disabled all seat reclining functions in an all-economy layout, which ironically became a good thing given the composition of the passengers. The fellow passengers were horrible, they were making so much noise throughout the flight from start to finish. Several heated arguments and scuffles broke out over trivial disagreements like jumping seats, overhead cabin space and a lack of consideration for fellow passengers. The ticket cost a measly US$65 with taxes, and it was my only option out of Ningbo, therefore I wasn't left with much of a choice. I would have gladly paid for an upgrade or a change of airline though.
RouteNingbo to Bangkok
Date FlownOctober 2019

"I was very impressed"

Trip Verified | Shanghai Pudong to Kansai. I was very impressed. Flight was very smooth, was on time (for duration of flight) there was a delay taking off but it was because there was an emergency landing at Pudong just as we were getting ready to taxi. Staff onboard were very good and attentive. Food was decent and managed to get two free beers. It was a short flight of around 2 hours but it flew by, excuse the pun. My only gripe was that it was very expensive for what it was. I think we paid over $455 for two seats, which is incredibly expensive to my mind! I can fly from Manchester to Vilnius and back for $60 as an example with European budget airlines.
RouteShanghai Pudong to Kansai
Date FlownNovember 2018

"I have no complaints"

Trip Verified | 6hr direct flight from Shanghai to Singapore. Seat was really as bad as people say-- recommend you bring some sort of cushion if your flight is over 1hr. "Vegetarian" meal contained some sort of shellfish, but I ate around it and it was hot and flavourful. Meal came with extra goodies at a very reasonable price. All beverages including beer are served at room temperature. Not too much advertising on this flight. Cabin crew and captain spoke reasonably good English. Other than the seat, the warm drinks, and the surprise shellfish, I have no complaints. Gets you from A to B.
RouteShanghai to Singapore
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"a low budget airline"

(Macau)

Not Verified | Hong Kong to Shanghai. This is clearly a low budget airline. The seats are rock solid and do not recline. The staff are friendly enough. Not much space between seats. Only 15KG of baggage including carry on.
RouteHong Kong to Shanghai
Date FlownOctober 2018

"Late on both trips"

Trip Verified | Tokyo Narita to Hiroshima. Disappointing. Late on both trips without much information (or any in one case) information until many minutes after the delay. I was suckered into having an emergency seat as I was about to process my ticket on the automatic machine. That meant I had to go to the main check in area and check my small bag in as it was slightly overweight. I was told to wait until all others had boarded before boarding and then told oops we should have boarded you first. So yeah - not good. I’ll stick to Haneda with another airline or Shinkansen in future!
RouteTokyo Narita to Hiroshima
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"avoid Spring Airlines"

Trip Verified | Guangzhou to Bangkok. I would never see a worst flight staff like Spring Airlines. This airline make their own rule. Its better to avoid Spring Airlines.
RouteGuangzhou to Bangkok
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"exceeded the limit by 2kg"

(Myanmar)

Trip Verified | Shanghai to Bangkok. I've travelled with couple of budget airlines around the world but Spring is the Worst so far. Checking-in was terrible. Their weight limit policy said 10kg check-in luggage and 5kg carry-on. Because of the Laptop, chargers, and towel, it exceeded the limit by 2kg and they asked me 300RMB for that. The last disappointment was that I purchased a coke can. They literally just gave me a warm coke can. So I asked "Can I get a cold one or some ice?",and the attendant replied "This is they way we serve", she walked away.
RouteShanghai to Bangkok