SAS Scandinavian

"no communication whatsoever"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | SAS used to be a great airline that treated its loyal customers well. The last five experiences I have had with the company have however been truly horrible. Booked flights have been cancelled or rescheduled, delays, and no communication whatsoever from the company. I just to be proud of flying with SAS but now I’m really considering changing my airline
RouteAmsterdam to Stockholm
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"fighting a losing battle with the airline"

Trip Verified | Three of us had booked to fly Copenhagen- Tromso then Tromso - London on SAS in October 2020. Covid came. We were notified by SAS our flights had been cancelled and sit tight for refund. I have been fighting a losing battle with the airline ever since as they then claimed we had cancelled our flights and nothing was due to be refunded. We did not cancel our flights. We have lost AUD $1500.00. The airline cancelled my reference number for our enquiry and we can no longer follow up our claim. The lip service emails of escalating our claim never happened and they know we are stuck too far away to do anything.
RouteCopenhagen to Tromso
Date FlownOctober 2020

"worst flight change experience"

Trip Verified | San Francisco to Dusseldorf via Copenhagen. I've booked flight with SAS in 1 month before departure date. When I tried to check-in I discovered that the flight date was changed (for 1 day later). Wow, what a surprise! I've checked my phone - no one called or texted me on 16th or later about this change. I checked email - there was one on 16 Aug that: 1. didn't include my name 2. didn't include any specific information about the change - for this reason it was recognized as SPAM by GMail and I've never seen it. My trip was for wedding and there's no point flying 1 day later. I called support at 3:30PM and robot said call tomorrow, we provide support over phone only till 3pm. Wow, no customer support after 3pm! I've called Belgium office late in the night and explained that I'll miss wedding due to SAS fault to communicate properly about the flight change. Company refused to give me refund ("we can't help you"). The worst flight change experience I've ever had with an air company! Thanks goodness I've used a credit card can dispute the whole amount.
RouteSan Francisco to Dusseldorf via Copenhagen
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"did not honor our son’s upgrade"

Trip Verified | We used to travel SAS all the time in the pas but will never travel SAS again! Recently, my husband and I flew with our son and his wife to Europe for their honeymoon. We also celebrated our fiftieth and SAS promised our son and wife an upgraded by an online SAS manager after our flights were rescheduled and we missed our non refundable Airbnb reservations However, SAS did not honor our son’s upgrade. They claimed there was no record of his upgrade! They charged our son and wife for beverages and water knowing about the upgrade fiasco! My husband and I had bought an upgrade to economy plus so we could sit with our son We were told that we had to pay $112 our only checkin bag. The bag was not included in our seat upgrades that cost us more than $500!. The checkin personnel were curt and unfriendly. This airline has to invest in customer service! I would give this airline a c minus.
RouteLos Angeles to Stockholm via Copenhagen
Date FlownAugust 2021

"serve beverages 20 minutes before the meal "

(Mexico)

Trip Verified | I like to experiment and try new things. While I try to keep an open mind I, however, appreciate that some things are the way they are for a reason. Usually because it works better that way. One such example is to get a beverage with your food. Not only before or only after but with the food. It seems that most people agree with this as I never experienced anything to the contrary. Here on SAS, maybe for trying to be modern, they serve beverages 20 minutes before the meal and no beverages with the meal. Interesting but not working. Im sure it's of wanting not to work that the crew's union got this agreed.
RouteCopenhagen to Newark
Date FlownAugust 2021

"Will never fly SAS again"

Trip Verified | Booked a flight in October 2019 to fly in September 2020. Covid came and our government refused to let us travel. Delayed and later cancelled our flights. Asked for a refund and were told that it had been processed. Asked when as it hadn't been received and was then told in a lengthy email that because our flight had been cancelled by them due to adverse weather conditions we weren't eligible. Went back again with facts about our interactions but have not heard anything since. Can't access our original booking on their website. Escalated to Danish Transport Authority as per SAS website but they can't help as we cancelled the booking. Will never fly SAS again. Their customer service representatives don't read your email details and just send standard replies !!
RouteCopenhagen to Reykjavik
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"Shame on you SAS"

(Norway)

Not Verified | My wife and son had tickets from Orlando to Oslo on SAS/United, through Newark, which were booked and paid for two months before the flight. They get to the airport and are told that there is no reservation on United for the Orlando-Newark leg. I call SAS and they admit that they screwed up somehow (they find the reservation in their system), but tell me that they cannot rebook my wife and son for a later date because of "rules." The incredibly arrogant customer service rep tells me to buy new tickets, which, at this point, are 2500 USD per person. Then he gives me a lecture about me daring to call their customer service more than once and that "I am wasting his time." Shame on you SAS. If any of your higher ups ever read these reviews, consider how you treat your customers.
RouteOrlando to Oslo via Newark
Date FlownJuly 2021

"I have met nothing but issues"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | I have met nothing but issues these last few years trying to find logic in how they work. Constant delays, every flight I've traveled with this company over the last few years have been delayed one way or another, whether its domestic flight or international. they have been delayed all of them. I understand that things can happen before during or when landing that can cause delay. but when its happened every time i fly with them, I've reached the end of my patience. In the last trip i took with this AL (12th of July - 31th of July (Was suppose to be the 30th) but because of delay i had to spend the night at an airport hotel. Roughly a week before my first flight, my trip's return date got rebooked, and with covid happening and quarantine being a thing i chose the specific return date for the quarantine, and the rebook date was making it so that the last day of quarantine would be the first day of my job. So i was trying to reach the support line several days in a row, spending several hours on hold to get help - I never did get through to them. On my way to the destination with this company just a few weeks ago the flight was delayed to Oslo by over 30 minutes. now these 30 minutes were crucial to make it to the connecting flight which i didn't make and because of that i had to go back out and through to checkin to get help again. I dashed through the airport in hopes to make it, but to no avail. The airline had no more flights to my destination. the issue for me isn't the direct thing that i missed that flight but the lack of preparation for these situations, whether they hold the flight for just a few minutes for the people on the flight that have connecting flights with the same company or quicker assistance in said situation instead of having to run around the entire airport just to get help. In the end i got transfered to a different airline, and reached my destination eventually. When going to retrieve my baggage from baggage claim my suitcase was nowhere to be found, when talking to baggage assistance by the belt was told it was never loaded onto the plane. I had to wait 2 days getting my baggage back. Last but not least the return: plane took off 30 minutes past expected departure time. missed my connected flight and had to spend the night. Got comped for the hotel, but not food. if you have an option other than this airline.
AircraftA320neo
RouteBrussels to Ålesund via Oslo
Date FlownJuly 2021

"Is this how SAS welcome back frequent flyers?"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | Is this how SAS welcome back frequent flyers? Dear Gold Card member: since you haven’t used our service for a year we have downgraded you to Silver - now you start using our service again. Thanks for that - I will have no loyalty to travel with SAS going forward!
RouteMunich to Copenhagen
Date FlownJuly 2021

"I was cheated on the voucher and on my own money"

(Poland)

Not Verified | Never choose this airline. I was cheated on the voucher and on my own money. I received a voucher with a long delay, when I used it it turned out that my flight was canceled again and I could only choose the option of another voucher. In the meantime, I was making calls and wasting my money on calls to get my money back. With no result. All the time I was waiting for another voucher for the second canceled flight, today I called to ask where the voucher was and I found out that this voucher for the second canceled flight was the first voucher!
RouteReykjavík to Gdańsk