SAS Scandinavian

"absolute nightmare to travel with"

Not Verified | What an absolute nightmare to travel with SAS definitely my first and last time. At first there was a glitch with the website that messed up names on my ticket, customer service sorted it for me. When I got to check in they changed me additional amount because apparently the customer service person never updated the glitch at there end. Secondly, I requested and paid for a special meal for my 8 hour flight that I never received on top of that air hostess showed a rotten attitude towards when I inquired about my meal.
RouteWashington to Athens

"Worst airline ever"

Trip Verified | Worst airline ever. A flight that was one hour in duration was delayed by two hours. Zero information provided until the last minute. Poor service. No compensation offered despite the huge inconvenience.
RouteCopenhagen to Stockholm

“Crew was professional”

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Small airport and we walked to the airplane, A320 on a good condition, the first 7 rows are SAS PLUS service, the offer extra legroom but they do not block the middle seat. We departed on time. Crew was professional with no extra care. On PLUS you can have free food from Menu, bottled water and coffee. At the end of the service you can have extra coffee and a little chocolate box. Economy service have buy on board menu and free only coffee. Even in PLUS you have to pay for WiFi. Sufficient service but not to remember it.
RouteFaroe Islands to Copenhagen
Date FlownMay 2024

"cabin crew was helpful and friendly"

Not Verified | We decided on SAS Scandinavian Airlines because they had the best airfare for our open-jaw itinerary and offered two-seat rows on the side of the cabin without having to share with a stranger in a modern and quiet aircraft. Check-in was quick and efficient at all airports in the itinerary. The cabin crew was helpful and friendly. Food was average but the entertainment offered new films which permitted me to catch up on new releases. All flights were on time and the Copenhagen airport was a revelation in cleanliness, calm and efficiency.
RouteSan Francisco to Milan via Copenhagen
Date FlownSeptember 2023

“I always choose SAS”

Not Verified | In this review I won’t only be talking about my last experiences but also how they already handle an issue with my upcoming flight. I’ve almost only had great experiences with SAS. They resolve the issues I meet pretty quickly (airport closing, they already put me onto another flight to the closest airport to the one that will be closed during July, 2 months in advance. Cancelled flights due to a storm, they put me on an earlier flight with KLM just 3 hours after they let me know my flight got cancelled, and about 6 hours before I had to leave to the airport, which on my opinion is great and quick with an unpredictable storm). I’ve also had to call the service number because I had a spelling error in my name. The first employee didn’t listen correctly and also wasn’t very helpful, but when I called the second time the other employee was very kind and helpful, and corrected the mistake the first employee made without a problem. (this only proves that every business has their less great employees). I love that we get free tea or coffee during the flight, and the leg room is great. Staff was also great and kind towards me and let me view the cockpit before we took off. I always choose SAS. I only fly with another airline when I go to a destination where SAS doesn’t fly to from my airport. Only the onboard WiFi has been a little of an issue for me.
AircraftA319, A320neo
RouteBodø to Amsterdam via Oslo
Date FlownAugust 2023

"food service was horrible"

Trip Verified | was very disappointed they off loaded my luggage in order to weight balance according to the Airport staff. No information provided had to live four days with out the essentials . The crew was rude and the food service was horrible. Food was served over 60 min of departure and no option was given. You have to purchase the drinks. Its not a budget short haul flight. no snacks provided for 13 hour flight. Had to wait for breakfast just before landing about 10 hours. 10 g of cereal packet plain yogurt. Many passengers were staving and askes for extra bread rolls to fill them up. Dinner was just a salad. They just wait just before landing to sell the snacks. Shame. Most worst thing was one of my checked luggage was missing at Haneda airport. Staff mentioned that it may have unloaded in order to weight balance.
RouteLondon to Tokyo Haneda via Copenhagen
Date FlownApril 2024

2Would fly with them again"

Trip Verified | Read a lot of very negative reviews of SAS. It's not the same service as Emeriates or Qatar but it doesn't claim to be it various different levels of service depending on ticket choice. SAS smart, SAS go etc enables you travel light or a full service. I flew LHR to Stockholm A320Neo, Stockholm to Copenhagen A320Neo Copenhagen to Bangkok A350. On my short haul flights I had tea or coffee complementary bags included. On my long haul leg from Copenhagen to Bangkok there were 2 meal services & free soft drinks & water. Alcoholic beverages had to be paid. for All this for a total cost of £286 from LHR to Bangkok. All flights were on time. Staff I found were all good & friendly. Apart from one grumpy lady. So all in all was ok for me. Would fly with them again. I suppose a good way to describe them is you pay for what you get.
AircraftA320 Neo /. A350
RouteLondon to Bangkok via Stockholm
Date FlownMarch 2024

"For drinking water you have to pay"

Not Verified | I appreciate that coffee and tea are complimentary. For drinking water you have to pay! Probably SAS doesn't know yet that flight and coffee and tea dehydrate!
RouteAmsterdam to Stockholm
Date FlownMarch 2024

"long waiting time for bags"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | Extremely long waiting time for bags, no staff to unload the bags is the reason. All the customers can see the aircraft and clearly see that there are no staff unloading the bags. Very disappointed performance by SAS.
RouteTromso to Oslo

“Totally disinterested crew”

Trip Verified | It started badly, with the boarding announcement not audible. It continued worse, with the automated boarding gates not functioning. We were then asked to board even though the plane was not ready so we had to stand outside in the rain. Due to the size of the plane most baggage did not fit in overhead compartments. But most of the passengers did not receive a tag saying leave at door. Boarding slow due to the chaos. Totally disinterested girl at boarding. Totally disinterested crew on board.
AircraftCRJ900