SAS Scandinavian

"absolute worst customer service"

Trip Verified | The absolute worst customer service, bar none. I've been trying to get my money back for flights cancelled due to Covid for over a year and a half. Slipped into a "voucher" I didn't request that locked my money up for 12 months - and not 12 months from booking date, or original flight date - 12 months from date of voucher issuance, which was already several months after the trip that never happened was scheduled for departure. June 2021 finally rolls around after booking the tickets January 2020 & the last time I called they were about to automatically extend that voucher another 6 months. Without. Asking. Me. Or making any effort to give notice. I had to fight tooth & nail to make sure that didn't happen. This is all over a "refundable" voucher. What an amazing feature ... when you actually refund people their money. I've had a collective 17 phone calls with these clowns, and I've never spoken with a less helpful bunch of idiots. Everyone says something different than the last person. Absolutely no systems or processes in order as a company when it comes to policies and training - that's painfully obvious. Hour long hold times for somebody to hang up on you within minutes of answering so you get to go through the wait process again and burn your afternoon. I've waisted nearly 15 hours of my life talking to these people. I have the menu systems and robot prompts all memorized by what numbers I have to press to get me through the quickest. I feel for anybody going through the same situation with these morons. A Delta refund from the same trip took 1 email and the money was back in my account within 5 business days. Do better SAS. I'll never book with you again.
RouteNew York to Faroe Islands via Copenhagen
Date FlownJune 2021

"Cannot be trusted"

(Finland)

Not Verified | Flying to attend my mother's funeral. The connecting flight was cancelled and SAS issued and send to my email a return ticket, which they later forced me to accept. I applied for refund for the slots I haven't received any offer. This was done on the same day (July 2020). Almost a year later I am still waiting for my money. Have already called more than once asking about my request but all I hear from them is a promise they will go though my request and get in touch with me within a week. I will never use this airline again. Cannot be trusted and are far from being considered reliable.
RouteHelsinki to Athens via Stockholm
Date FlownJuly 2020

"too bad, you lose your money"

Trip Verified | SAS cancelled my flight, and refunded the funds on the voucher I had used to book this flight. Unfortunately the voucher expired a few days after the refund, of which I wasn't informed. So when I wanted to rebook my flight, I couldn't do that. When I inquired about this, the replay boiled down to 'too bad, you lose your money'. I really wonder if this is how SAS acts normally, because I don't call this customer friendly.
RouteOslo to Longyearbyen
Date FlownMay 2021

"SAS refuses to make a refund"

Trip Verified | We had flights booked in June, (booked almost a year ago) but the Norwegian authorities have closed the area we were visiting to foreign nationals for Covid reasons. SAS refuses to make a refund, arguing that since it is still operating the flights, it is our decision not to travel. This is a bucket shop airline. Avoid it at all costs.
RouteTromso to Longyearbyn
Date FlownMay 2021

"they just changed my flight"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | SAS posted fake advertisement on Instagram and promoted cheap flights from Oslo. I purchased 2 tickets and spent 1600 NOK on Wednesday. Then on Friday they just changed my flight on a day (it was a short trip, I couldn't accept that change). And they offered me only 400NOK of refund. They cancelled my flight (or perhaps there were never a real flight scheduled on that date) and offered me only 1/4 of my money back. That's what I call stealing. I will never use it again.
RouteOslo to Ålesund
Date FlownMay 2021

"extraordinarily comfortable and warm cabin design"

Trip Verified | I can't agree on the bad reviews. I had to cancel or change my tickets a few times and all went well. Customer service both at the (Scandinavian) Airports are good and I had someone on the phone instantly. The flight itself was pretty empty and the service was limited due to the pandemic. Very friendly cabin crew and extraordinarily comfortable and warm cabin design. I even got a free smoothie! I would always fly SAS again.
AircraftA320neo
RouteStockholm to Berlin
Date FlownNovember 2020

"SAS airline uses any possible trick to make money"

Trip Verified | SAS airline uses any possible trick to make money. It is disgusting how a company conducts such business. I know its about surviving and not about competency. They rather prefer to scam you rather to have an understanding of the customer situation. After paying for the ticket few months back, I had to change the date as Sweden closed because of Covid 19. The changing fee and the ticket costs more that 500 EUR for 1 hour flight. How stupid of me to pay such fee. And now as Sweden is still closed I had to cancel the ticket and got back, 0.16 EUR. I could never fly aging with an airline that has such low morale. I flew to 115 countries and never had such a terrible experience,
RouteStockholm to Kiruna
Date FlownMarch 2021

"Still waiting 8 months later for refund"

Not Verified | Still waiting 8 months later for refund! Trip was originally booked for October 2020 - a fully-refundable ticket. In July 2020 I went to their website to initiate a refund because of Covid, and got the response that the online form would not work, so I emailed them. 10+ emails, at least 2 calls, and 8 months later I still have not received a refund for this "fully refundable" ticket. I was willing to be patient because of the extraordinary circumstances, but I think 8 months is long enough. Do not use this airline!
RouteChicago to Stockholm
Date FlownOctober 2020

"I got 10% of what I paid back"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | I had a booked flight for August 2020. I decided that due to COVID I couldn't fly and went on their website to see what are the policies. They said that you can cancel your ticket and get a full refund even if your ticket is non-refundable or you can get a voucher. I decided I would go with the full refund and 6 months later when they processed my request I find out that I got 10% of what I paid back. They are a joke.
RouteAthens to Stockholm
Date FlownAugust 2020

"Unprofessional, unreliable"

Trip Verified | I booked my flight for a business trip via SAS in January 2020. I had to cancel my trip due to COVID-19 and SAS confirmed that they will initiate processing the refund. I have reached out to their customer service support at least 4 times over the past year and to date (February 1, 2021), SAS still did not process my refund and to this date, they have no estimates on when my refund will be processed. Unprofessional, unreliable, and definitely not recommended.
RouteChicago to Geneva via Copenhagen