SAS Scandinavian

"I am still waiting for the refund"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | I bought a flight and days later, they sent me a new ticket confirmation. This was because they cancelled my flight (without any notice) and changed my flight for a new one, with a scale (for a 2-hours flight) and at a time that it wouldn't be possible for me to attend. So, I tried to call them for hours (it's the only way that you can communicate with them) and when they finally answered, only offered me the refund. I am still waiting for the refund.
RouteFrankfurt to Stockholm
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"they really don´t care"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | I have used SAS multiple times and always dirty aircrafts and unpolite flight attendants. On December the 21st my experience with SAS was brought to the next level when after landing it seemed that my backpack got stolen with lots of important things inside it. I fell asleep during the flight since I had a short night and woke up after landing. I was not in a rush to get out as I was still waking up, had almost 5h time for connection flight and due new Covid variant I didn´t feel like to get in the crowd. So I read the news on my phone while passengers were stepping out. Than the fun started after finding only empty cabinets. The flight attendants only could say that I had to hurry to get out the aircraft and didn´t give any advise. At the service desk they only said that I had to go to found and lost (missing X) to register my lost item there. Later on I found out that SAS should give me a case number since this incident happened on the aircraft but they are refusing. Customer service is refusing to give me a PIR number and says I need to contact in Oslo the service desk. I did this multiple times and also on my return home I visit them live but they keep on refusing. Customer service is doing the same. I have to consider my backpack as lost since also the police has dropped the case. Flight companies should start to understand that a travel insurance is not always the solution because some things just can´t be replaced. The flight attendants at SAS have a true Scandinavian mentality. If it doesn´t involve them, they really don´t care. I´m a Dutch living in Norway and most people in the Scandinavian countries are raised that you should not interfere with other people business and this applies also on business level. So a good customer service you really can forget with SAS. I have now decided to use only KLM. This companies has its flaws too but the flight attendants do upper most their best that passengers are not sneaking around during the flight. Side note, the flight from Bodo to Oslo the aircraft was rather empty in the back. During stepping out there were 2 flight attendants in the back. They must have seen something what was not correct.
RouteBodo to Oslo
Date FlownDecember 2021

"Would not recommend at all"

Not Verified | Terrible airline. Constantly delayed, did not provide contact information for customer service at the check in counter, passport control, nor at the departure gate. Lost luggage, rude staff, dirty aircraft. Would not recommend at all.
RouteZurich to Miami via Stockholm
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"refuse to reinstate my flight"

Not Verified | As of Dec 31st SAS has continued to refuse to reinstate my flight on Jan 4th. On Dec 28th after a false positive covid test I was denied boarding and forced into a quarantine hotel to wait a PCR. I am now being told my flights are all cancelled because I was a no show this is inaccurate. I have my plane ticket that shows I was checked in. I have been asking the airline to reinstate at the very least my flights home so i can return home. Some of us carefully book travel within a small budget. Now I am left stranded in Europe with no way home and no way to pay for hotels thanks to SAS. The customer service staff are extremely rude over the phone.
RouteChicago to Oslo via Copenhagen
Date FlownDecember 2021

"worse than the low cost airlines"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | SAS is worse than the low cost airlines. Maybe just bad luck that technical problems always occurs on mid afternoon flights with low no passengers. As an EBD with 3000k points I can say that they have, or, saves money on your time. End my relationship as from new year.
RouteCopenhagen to Stockholm
Date FlownNovember 2021

"practices more linked to low cost companies"

Trip Verified | New aircraft and comfortable seats. Friendly staff welcoming you on board and providing sanitation towels. The transatlantic flight started with an announcement that the staff was limited and that this would impact the service. Comparing with other carriers the service was subpar, no Choice of meals (only beef, what about vegetarians?) and one drink (eg water) and a coffee/tea for A73 to 8 hour flight is inappropriate. Especially not serving complimentary water during a transatlantic flight seems inhuman. Asking money for an alcoholic beverage wasn’t exactly what I expected butI had no need for it. I saw these practices more linked to low cost companies like Norwegian, Iceland air, Ryanair, Spirit and didn’t know SAS is in the same league.
RouteWashington to Brussels via Copenhagen

"Terrible customer service"

Trip Verified | Terrible customer service. Especially in these unpredictable times. Due to COVID, I wanted to reschedule my flight for later in the year. It wasn't easily done online, the pricing for the new ticket didn't make sense. I called and was on hold for over 1 hour. When I finally talked to a person she was rude and dismissive: "you're within the 72 hr window, you have to pay a rebooking fee." I was late because the website was inadequate and the phone service was backed up. No Thanks SAS
RouteLos Angeles to Copenhagen
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"they completely lost a customer and future customers as result"

Not Verified | I called SAS and waited over a hour and 30 minutes to only be met with hostility by the phone representative and hung up on before she address my concern. I started the call with my name, reference number, and a request for a refund or voucher to rebooked the flight. This woman decided to say no to everything and refuse to let me speak to a manager. After I already let her know that I looked online to rebook to a later flight, she proceeded to say the policies won't book more than 12 months in advance. I let her know that I could not see any flights online at all. Then she says she can rebook it but would not tell me the first dates available in 2022 to travel. She kept talking over me, very rude, would not answer my question and ended the call without telling me dates available. Completely unprofessional and I will be sure to hold this company and that employee responsible. I was fine with rebooking my flight, but now they completely lost a customer and future customers as result.
RouteDenmark to Chicago
Date FlownDecember 2021

"told me that my flight had been rescheduled"

Trip Verified | Today, while I was at work, I received a phone call from the airport, asking me whether my family and I will be boarding our flight. I was shocked and confused, as I booked our reservations for a departure on Thursday, December 16 from LAX. Still on the phone with the airport, I went back to double check all of my documents, which all showed our departure date as December 16. Anxious and confused, I spoke to a representative on the phone from SAS. I was shocked when she told me that my flight had been rescheduled, without my permission or confirmation, to two days earlier on December 14. The SAS representative informed me that I should have received an email notifying me of this schedule change. Unfortunately, the email in question was sent directly to my spam folder, and I was never made aware of the major schedule change. She told me that upon receipt of the email, I had only a 15-day window to confirm the new schedule. However, of course, because I was not even aware that I received any sort of email notification, I was unable to consider or confirm the schedule change. Unfortunately, to my utter disappointment in the company, SAS took my silence as approval for the new departure date, which is both ridiculous and deceiving. Moreover, after hours on the phone with two separate representatives from SAS, I was told that because I was not on board the first December 14 flight, all of my money and bookings were completely lost and unrecoverable, including both departure and return flights. It is completely outrageous that I am not even granted the right to my return flights (Zurich to Copenhagen and Copenhagen to LAX), which are not dependent at all on the flights that were rescheduled by the airline, and all of which I have already paid for. Because I have spent over four months planning my two-week stay in Switzerland with family, and because SAS deceptively cancelled my entire air travel itinerary, after I first learned about a schedule change only 2 days before my planned departure, I have been forced to completely rebook all of my flights. Because I had to book new flights on such short notice, and because of limited space this close to my trip, I was given no choice but to pay four times the cost of my original booking with SAS, which has placed my family in a financial burden and has stolen the joy and excitement from our long-awaited holiday trip. I believe the only possible way for SAS to redeem itself in this shrewd and unfair situation is to refund the entire cost of our family's SAS booking, including taxes, fees, and additional baggage, as well as offer some sort of financial compensation for the extremely high prices we were forced to pay for new last-minute flights.
RouteLos Angeles to Zurich
Date FlownDecember 2021

"Avoid this airline at all costs"

Not Verified | Without doubt one of the worst airlines in Europe. 3 times in 2 weeks the airline cancelled my flight within 2 hours of departure. Once having just received boarding passes others as I am standing to check in. You will get a text saying sorry cancelled and no information. But don’t worry you will be rerouted for 3-4 times the travel time with the reason given “technical fault”. In reality the flight is not full and SAS are more than willing to treat passengers poorly and leave you in total ambiguity. Avoid this airline at all costs, it’s better to walk.
RouteOslo to Dublin