SAS Scandinavian

"poor airline with a bad customer service"

Trip Verified | I have traveled with from Sweden to England with my family and they’ve have broken my 7 bags. I have registered my complaint at Manchester airport but they didn’t give me anything and when contacted to airline after 2 months of waiting they’ve denied to fulfil my claim. I must say that it’s a poor airline with a bad customer service
RouteUmeå to Manchester via Copenhagen
Date FlownFebruary 2022

"customer service was rude and unhelpful"

Trip Verified | Bought a round trip flight and added a checked bag. On the way there, no problem, on the way back, they decide that I need to pay for a bag. Then, they told me it was $55 to check the bag. My friend was then charged $75, and me and another friend were charged 105. Where is the logic? Makes no sense the bags were all the same size/weight. Making things up. Then, the staff at the desk could not comprehend that American dates are written month/day/year, and tried to deny entry into the states. Worst airline to deal with, the customer service was rude and unhelpful.
RouteMalaga to Newark via Oslo
Date FlownJune 2022

"did not want to refund my money"

Trip Verified | After booking a direct flight in business the flight was canceled and the best they could do was a flight with connections and arriving next day. I called American express travel back and they gave me new booking with connection but 3 times the rate. With Norwegian air travel to Stockholm connecting with Icelandic air same day. Arrived at airport in Oslo where Norwegian told me I would have to get my luggage go through customs again to get Icelandair. When we land in Stockholm. We had 1 hour 20 minutes to do all this. Did it not occur american express travel that it would not be enough time. Before charging me $1,600 dollars plus now we have to make payment for luggage as it was no longer business class. The airlines rapes people when there are cancelations. Also Scandinavian did not want to refund my money rather give us a pass for future flights with them.
RouteOslo to Reykjavik

"a horrible airline"

(Romania)

Not Verified | Kristiansund to Cluj via Oslo. Worst airline in Europe. Ever since the pandemic they’ve really let everyone down. On multiple occasions our flights got delayed/cancelled. The staff is rude and cocky, telephone support lines take over an hour to be reached. They let us roam around airports, checking us in and out trying to find the proper gates due to delays, making us miss connecting flights and not claiming any responsibility. I’ve been cut off multiple times by a SAS employee trying to explain the situation they’ve put me in, I showed them my emails from them, and she said “read it for me, you think I understand what says on there?”. Hands down a horrible airline with horrible customer support, wait times and prices.
RouteKristiansund to Cluj via Oslo
Date FlownJune 2022

"probably the most comfortable seat I have ever flown on"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | I really enjoyed my flight with SAS. It was my first time flying with them, and I have to say that I was really impressed. The check-in was very efficient, and the staff were very friendly, and did their job very well. Something that really impressed me was the quality of the seat onboard. It is probably the most comfortable seat I have ever flown on. It was really spacious, had much leg room, and was very well padded which made the seat extremely nice to sit on. The crew was really nice, and the plane had a very modern feeling. I really like that SAS offers youth-fares, for a much cheaper tickets for young adults. The pretty cheap fares (in difference to other star alliance members) makes the experience even nicer. I recommend SAS, Thumbs up from me! The only issue is small delays, caused by long boarding and deboarding procedures, and luggage from other delayed planes that had to be loaded on.
AircraftA320 and A321
RouteGdansk to Oslo via Copenhagen
Date FlownJune 2022

"Absolute worst airline ever"

Not Verified | Absolute worst airline ever. Do not fly with them. They left us stranded in the airport from 4:30am to 4:50pm with no answers on why anything got cancelled. Now we have to spend another night in London with no place to stay.
RouteOslo to London

"Overall poor experience"

Trip Verified | I was super disappointed with this airline. Subpar customer service that forced me to pay for a $300 transfer ticket when I missed the flight because the gate closed early. The staff seemed to not care for my situation. The plane itself was super cramped and was not at all worth the cost. When I got to Stockholm on my new flight (which cost twice as much one-way as I paid for the original round trip flight) they lost my luggage and although the staff in Copenhagen told me that they would load my suitcase on the new plane they did not. They aren’t sure when or if my suitcase will arrive. Overall poor experience and if I have any other choice in the future I will not be using this airline.
RouteCopenhagen to Stockholm
Date FlownJune 2022

"There is not much positive to be said here"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | There is not much positive to be said here. Grumpy staff, including cabin personnel. Really bad food and what’s even worse: No suitcases after 3 days and absolutely no service when you after 1 hour in the phone reach a live person: “I don’t know anything, I just work here”.
RouteCopenhagen to Nice
Date FlownMay 2022

"They simply didn't have enough staff"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Horrendous check-in. As a star alliance gold member, with any other alliance airline there is a priority queue at check-in. At Heathrow for my flight, I queued for 1hr 30min with a group of very stressed people. The SAS manager on duty was very rude to all involved and did not help the situation. They simply didn't have enough staff on deck for check-in and when I got through with 30mins to take off, there was still a mass of people behind me. Once on the delayed flight, I was offered tea coffee or water. Water please. I was then asked for my credit card. Sorry sir this is the only water available on the plane. No little plastic cup of water, only bottled water you must pay for, on a 2hr30 flight. Is this not a basic human right? My first experience with SAS and I would have to rate them even worse than Lufthansa, which is saying a lot.
RouteLondon to Stockholm
Date FlownMay 2022

"return flight was more problematic"

Trip Verified | My outbound flight was generally pleasant except for a very small and crowded lounge at O'Hare. The return flight was more problematic. First, they had no signs at the entrance to the ticketing lines indicating economy passenger vs. Gold Card, Business lines. I wondered if this was the reason for the Gold Card/Business line being so long. The second unpleasantry was the ticketing agent asking me three times whether I alone had packed my bags. This interrogation might have been customary 25 years ago, but I was taken aback on this recent occasion. I finally asserted that one "yes" should be sufficient. The third unpleasantry was the 1000 Krone charge for the Attestation form at the gate. While I admit that this form was my responsibility, this form probably only cost the airline about 10 Krone to produce. After paying more than $1900 for my ticket, one could assert that SAS was either petty or punitive or both for making such a charge. The final complaint had to do with a responsibility that was mine, but about SAS could be much more helpful. My ticket was listed as a P class ticket on all legs. I had connecting flights with United. The small print at the bottom of the second page notes that Premium economy flights revert to Economy on code share (non-SAS) legs. SAS could have easily cautioned the customer that the ticket was mixed class ticket within the text of the itinerary as a helpful warning about the nature of the flights. The flight itself was generally pleasant.
RouteOslo to Newark