SAS Scandinavian

"They overbook the flights"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | The service, the staff, the food, the absence of Wi-Fi they say they offer, the on-time travel that they used to do in a good way is nowadays zero to none. They overbook the flights so you don’t even get the seat to booked. The prices are up twice as much as 3 years ago. We did have 5 flights booked with SAS the coming months but have decided to cancel them.
RouteMalaga to Stockholm
Date FlownAugust 2021

"Extremely unclear Covid guidelines"

Trip Verified | Extremely unclear Covid guidelines until you get to the airport. Nearly missed my flight due to this. Terrible customer service and rude. Expensive and they set me for multiple different 15 hour layovers making my flight to and from 2 days long either way.
RouteLos Angeles to Dublin via Stockholm & Copenhagen

"misleading information"

(Norway)

Not Verified | Amsterdam to Trondheim via Oslo. Terrible service and misleading information from staff. We where told that the checked in baggage would be automatically moved to the transferring flight, but then realized on or own that this was not right. Almost lost our baggage and had to run to the gate.
RouteAmsterdam to Trondheim via Oslo
Date FlownOctober 2021

"does not deserve the name Business"

Trip Verified | In order to have more space in Covid times I decided to book a seat in Business Class. What a surprise it was to realize that the seat configuration and space in Business and Economy Class are identical on the A320. The next surprise was that lunch was served in a box very familiar with other airlines' Economy meals. I seriously wondered if there had been a misunderstanding when I made the booking. No inflight magazine, no newspapers ... just very basic. The only hint that I was not sitting in Economy was when the flight attendant gave me a box with three very good pieces of chocolate. The airplane was in good condition and clean. Still, this Business Class does not deserve the name Business.
RouteFrankfurt to Stockholm
Date FlownOctober 2021

"Perhaps the most disorganised airline to fly post cv19"

Not Verified | (Shameful that SAS masks cost cuts as due to Covid 19. Shameful for anyone who has lost someone dear to this virus). SAS has just given up. Good/business check in understaffed and a 40 minute queue. What for wasn’t clear. Main cabin looked worse. SAS lounge overcrowded and very poor f&b. Unless you like weird potato salad or crisps. Boarding a mess. No priority boarding (‘due to the pandemic’..now downgraded to endemic in the departure country). While process a mess and results in lore crowding. Ill thought through. Boarded late, left late. Inflight food is pork or nothing. Bad luck if you can’t eat pork or veggie. Ill thought out again. Arrived late. Perhaps the most disorganised airline to fly post cv19.
AircraftA320neo
RouteStockholm to London
Date FlownOctober 2021

"The crew was all but non-existent"

Not Verified | Flew over to Copenhagen in business. The crew was all but non-existent. We were about 15 people in business so you'd think they would take care of us, but no. The crew showed up like once every second hour if that, and with an attitude that was like passive-aggressive. No interaction, not even a "welcome, how are you", addressing us by our names, asking if they could assist us at "bedtime", nothing! The food - probably due to covid restrictions - was simply disgusting, but again, the total lack and care for their passengers was what really stood out. Spend your money on another company that appreciate your business. SAS simply does not deserve your business.
RouteNew York to Copenhagen

"no communication whatsoever"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | SAS used to be a great airline that treated its loyal customers well. The last five experiences I have had with the company have however been truly horrible. Booked flights have been cancelled or rescheduled, delays, and no communication whatsoever from the company. I just to be proud of flying with SAS but now I’m really considering changing my airline
RouteAmsterdam to Stockholm
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"fighting a losing battle with the airline"

Trip Verified | Three of us had booked to fly Copenhagen- Tromso then Tromso - London on SAS in October 2020. Covid came. We were notified by SAS our flights had been cancelled and sit tight for refund. I have been fighting a losing battle with the airline ever since as they then claimed we had cancelled our flights and nothing was due to be refunded. We did not cancel our flights. We have lost AUD $1500.00. The airline cancelled my reference number for our enquiry and we can no longer follow up our claim. The lip service emails of escalating our claim never happened and they know we are stuck too far away to do anything.
RouteCopenhagen to Tromso
Date FlownOctober 2020

"worst flight change experience"

Trip Verified | San Francisco to Dusseldorf via Copenhagen. I've booked flight with SAS in 1 month before departure date. When I tried to check-in I discovered that the flight date was changed (for 1 day later). Wow, what a surprise! I've checked my phone - no one called or texted me on 16th or later about this change. I checked email - there was one on 16 Aug that: 1. didn't include my name 2. didn't include any specific information about the change - for this reason it was recognized as SPAM by GMail and I've never seen it. My trip was for wedding and there's no point flying 1 day later. I called support at 3:30PM and robot said call tomorrow, we provide support over phone only till 3pm. Wow, no customer support after 3pm! I've called Belgium office late in the night and explained that I'll miss wedding due to SAS fault to communicate properly about the flight change. Company refused to give me refund ("we can't help you"). The worst flight change experience I've ever had with an air company! Thanks goodness I've used a credit card can dispute the whole amount.
RouteSan Francisco to Dusseldorf via Copenhagen
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"did not honor our son’s upgrade"

Trip Verified | We used to travel SAS all the time in the pas but will never travel SAS again! Recently, my husband and I flew with our son and his wife to Europe for their honeymoon. We also celebrated our fiftieth and SAS promised our son and wife an upgraded by an online SAS manager after our flights were rescheduled and we missed our non refundable Airbnb reservations However, SAS did not honor our son’s upgrade. They claimed there was no record of his upgrade! They charged our son and wife for beverages and water knowing about the upgrade fiasco! My husband and I had bought an upgrade to economy plus so we could sit with our son We were told that we had to pay $112 our only checkin bag. The bag was not included in our seat upgrades that cost us more than $500!. The checkin personnel were curt and unfriendly. This airline has to invest in customer service! I would give this airline a c minus.
RouteLos Angeles to Stockholm via Copenhagen