SAS Scandinavian

"Very poor experience"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | London to Stockholm. Terrible business class experience. No discernible difference between business class and economy, apart from an insignificant snack being served. Cramped and uncomfortable. The least I expect with that type of seat configuration is that the middle seat be left empty. No inflight entertainment. Very poor experience considering I paid extra specifically for added comfort.
RouteLondon to Stockholm
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"no seat selection available"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | Tenerife to Copenhagen. No online check in was available and no seat selection available at check in, like they state in their web page. Cabin okay. Food was expensive and bad. The Coffee and Tea are free.
Aircrafta320
RouteTenerife to Copenhagen
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"the worst business class"

Trip Verified | Tallin to Los Angeles via Stockholm. Hands down the worst business class experience. The staff are beyond rude, amazing for a long haul flight. Not only what was said but how annoyed and condescending they were made me wonder if I was on some kind of prank show. Before take off they told me I wasn't allowed to use the blanket or pillow. Even though my pillow was out of the plastic they told me to put it in the foot area. After we took off, I put the blanket on finally, and the flight attendant came over to tell me I'm not allowed to use the blanket until the seatbelt sign was turned off. Midflight, I went to use the toilet, came out to find another flight attendant waiting for me to scold me for using the front toilet like I was a criminal entering restricted areas. Anytime I asked for food, they rolled their eyes or had a weird comment. Asked for water, one guy said, 'it'll be awhile'. Asked for juice, another lady didn't even respond, so I asked again, is it possible? She replies, 'does it look like I have juice in my hands?'. I asked for a small snack to take my medicine with and they said I can wait till they start the prelanding meal service. Asked for water again and a guy just dropped the bottle while he kept walking.. The inflight entertainment is really bad. Under new releases I think I recognized 2 movies, the rest were obscure or from other countries. I pulled out my phone to watch Netflix instead of their options. The food was bad. Cold bread, bland food, lack of drink options, I might as well have been in coach. Bathroom was the best part of the flight! It was spacious and had a view of the engine! Amenity bag belongs on a budget airline. The seat itself is one of those that cuts off mid leg so you can't sit up with your legs up unless you recline all the way and then your face is 5 inches from the screen
RouteTallin to Los Angeles via Stockholm

"Ridiculous customer service"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | Ridiculous customer service. Let me explain my story: My domestic flight was cancelled two hours prior to departure. I recieved a text message telling me my flight was cancelled. That's it. No more info. I tried to call SAS, and after waiting for 25 minutes, I recieved a text message with my new booking. My original flight had a departure time of 8.10pm. My new flight had departure time at 6.00 am the next day. My original flight was a domestic flight between Stavanger-Oslo. My new issued booking at 6.00 am was now Stavanger-København-Hamburg-Oslo. Total original flight time was 50 min. Now it was 10 hours. I chose to rebook through a different airline, so I could fly the same night.
RouteStavanger to Oslo
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"it is the worst airline"

Trip Verified | Stockholm to Zürich. Horrible Service for Business customers. The waiting time for Check in 45 min, they refused to put the Miles and more card on Ticket, only after pressing they do it. Then no priority line for security control. At Lounge they refused admission for Business Lounge and as well Gold Lounge even i have Miles and more Gold Status. After a long discussion and with help of other people they let me in lounge. Business Class in SAS has no free Seat Choice and there are in a row three not like Lufthansa or Swiss with a blocked Seat in between. It was surprising that drinks in Business Class are free of charge, but you get only one drink on a 02:25 Hours flight. Last not least you feel that SAS stafgf has definitely no interest for a good service and I can’t believe that this bad airline is in a Star Alliance Group. In all it is the worst airline I have ever been in my life.
AircraftA 320
RouteStockholm to Zürich
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"arrogant and non-customer service"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Brussels to Tromso via Oslo. The problems with this airline just keep on piling up. This airline deserves to become a 2-star airline. Their group department are the most arrogant and non-customer service oriented people I've come across. They don't care at all how your group is seated. It is apparently completely normal to place parents and children 10 rows apart, the same for couples or friends traveling together. Even though the flights are full, they still dare to say "try to arrange it at the airport". No possibility to arrange this online, the group department pretends to be deaf for your arguments that such an approach is just welcoming big problems. Then the other advice "arrange it on the plane itself". Yeah right, playing musical chairs with 50 people on a single-aisle plane. I just wonder these people see what nonsense they are telling. SAS Scandinavian, they get you from A to B, but that's about it. Try to get your luggage back! One of our bags didn't arrive. Nobody can tell you anything, whereas the website obviously doesn't work either since it's not at all updated. The helpdesk gave me at least 3 non-working numbers.
RouteBrussels to Tromso via Oslo
Date FlownDecember 2019

"food didn't taste that good"

(Norway)

Not Verified | Oslo to Dublin. Good service, not really a long flight. The food didn't taste that good, but I'm picky about food so don't care about that. We only got one chance to eat, but the flight was short so I understand that.
RouteOslo to Dublin
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"disappointed at the lack of support"

Trip Verified | Copenhagen to Dublin. I was flying solo for the first time with my four month old son. When I arrived at the SAS desk, I was informed that I could not take my buggy through to the gate, as per Copenhagen airport policy, and had to leave this in “odd luggage” before going through security. I asked if I could check in my carry on bag considering the weight I was going to have to carry on my own through the airport but SAS advised a fee of 70e to check in my bag. The strollers were insufficient to carry such a small baby and two hand bags. They had no space for storage and were very lightweight. They kept “flipping” backwards if I tried to attach the nappy bag to the handles of the buggy. The journey through the airport caused a lot of discomfort and back pain by the time I arrived at my gate. I was really surprised and disappointed at the lack of support for mothers traveling alone.
RouteCopenhagen to Dublin
Date FlownDecember 2019

"The best I’ve experienced"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | Newark to Stockholm. Super great travel. The captain explained the delay. When next delay came he said look out the right side window. We have a plane there who has to be pushed first. The purser Charlotte was adorable and and the flight attendant. Professional and collected but with great warmth and personality. The best I’ve experienced. I’m back with SAS now. Have tried several but this is quality.
RouteNewark to Stockholm

"service was friendly"

Not Verified | Traveled SAS from Chicago to Stockholm a few weeks back. My seat was in SAS Business Class. Overall I have only one complaint. The WIFI connectivity and signal strength was pretty terrible. I was lucky if i could stay connected long enough to send an email. The service was friendly, the food was actually very good, and overall comfort of my seat and amenities was sufficient. I would be more than happy to travel via SAS on any future flights to/from Stockholm.
RouteChicago to Stockholm