SAS Scandinavian

"last time I booked a flight with SAS"

Trip Verified | The company sent me an E-mail, that the departure time of my flight was changed. To accept the new departure time I had to to nothing, but to cancel my flight - the only option they gave me was to call a hotline. I called several times, because the waiting times on the telephone were crazy. Fourth time I called someone responded after 1 hour. It was no problem to get a refund - but when I looked at my phone bill I saw that the calls were charged extra by the company. I never found a free hotline or mail address to contact them in another way. That´s just a rip off and not a "3-Star" star alliance member. It was the last time I booked a flight with SAS.
RouteMunich to Copenhagen
Date FlownJuly 2020

"recommend to stay away from SAS"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | Been a loyal SAS customers for over 25 years. Lately the airline has stopped taking responsibility in doing full refunds for canceled flights. I would recommend to stay away from SAS until the high volume of customer disputes has been settled since you might lose the money paid for a flight.
RouteStockholm to Alicante
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"Absolutely the worst airline"

Trip Verified | Plus fares at worse than low cost service. Now won’t even offer water with having to ask for it. Absolutely the worst airline. Meanwhile galley full of crew gossiping loudly where a full hot meal seems possible for them. Shame on such a skitsnack airline that won’t even hand out water.
AircraftA320Neo
RouteStockholm to London
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"Service onboard SAS is a new low"

Trip Verified | Service onboard SAS is a new low even to SAS standards. I was flying their business class and there was no service except a bottle of water. The crew was checking that everyone was wearing their mask so that they could then all gather in the front gallery without their masks for a chat. SAS business class nowadays: - no free middle seat - no lounge - no catering - no second hand bag - no fast lane - no front lavatory - no service. I did complain to SAS on the website and ended up at their outsourced customer service center at the other end of the world, asking for my 200NOK (about 20€) food and drink receipt from the airport to be refunded as compensation for lost service. As expected they refused. After involving the German consumer board SOEP this was considered a downgrade and I received 300€ - all within a couple of weeks. That does make up for the price difference between economy and business class - but SAS still is an awful airline at new lows.
RouteLongyear to Frankfurt via Oslo
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"there was no service whatsoever"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | As an SAS 'Plus' passenger I could use the Star Alliance lounge (Lufthansa Lounge) in Athens airport. What a contrast to the feeble excuse of a 'Business Class Lounge' provided by SAS in their hub at CPH, which has just reopened. (It would be almost better if it remained shut). This is one of the many things which show the lack of customer care and service by SAS. During the flight there was no service whatsoever, except for one bottle of still water handed out as the flight was more than two-and-a-half hours. No info from the flight deck, until we were almost landing. No moving map on the drop-down screens. No use of the front toilet, which is reserved for the exclusive use of the crew. (Danger of cross contamination, was their explanation), and finally, passengers requested to bring their rubbish to the front of the cabin for disposal.
AircraftA320 neo
RouteATH to Hillerød via Copenhagen
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"not be flying with this cheapskate airline"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | For many years SAS has been my airline of choice. Not anymore. Their services have gradually been withdrawn but are now totally non-existent. As a business passenger you get to pay the price, but get nothing other than a seat in the forward part of the aircraft. As this latest flight had a duration of 3 hours, all passengers were handed a bottle of water (if desired). The forward lavatory was out of bounds to passengers. We were told to bring any trash forward and dispose of it in a receptacle on leaving the 'plane. Nowhere on the plane did SAS live up to their social distancing claims. I will, therefore, not be flying with this cheapskate airline if there are any other options available to my destinations.
RouteAthens to Copenhagen
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"Utter contempt for its customers"

Trip Verified | Utter contempt for its customers, With only 15 on board an A320NEO (compared to BA being full on the outbound ARN-LHR) you'd think SAS could do better. But no. SAS offers and sells a fiction of a schedule which it then cancels just before 14 days before departure to weasel around EU261 rules. Click bait airline. SAS has introduced hidden costs for a refund, even on the most flexible Plus fares, so the offer is 'bait and switch' - worse when SAS plus fares are more than BA Club Europe on the same route and they then cancel the flight you booked on. But with the hidden costs to cancel you are then locked in as SAS does its 15 days cancellation and rebooking you onto the flight you did nt want. Shameful behaviour. SAS clearly using covid an excuse to become like a bad version of Wizz Air - except on low cost, for example, the Ryanair customer service, on board offer and crew all better and fares much lower. While Lufthansa and BA now offer food and drinks on board, SAS does not. Useless 'SAS Ireland' crew - more like LOT rejects. Happy to lecture passengers on distancing measures and then 5 of them clustered in the galley gossiping away. Front loo blocked from passenger use. Why? Its fine on other airlines. So send passengers to walk past everyone else (If the flight has been busier) thereby increasing social contact. SAS has totally lost the plot and in 14 flights since April, this airline is the the most expensive, most unreliable schedule, and worst product by a long way. AVOID - fly anyone else but SAS. I'd give them 0/10 if it could.
AircraftA320NEO
RouteLondon to Stockholm

"Great customer service"

Trip Verified | Great customer service received by SAS staff member Oliver. During covid 19 my flight got cancelled I called expedia they did not wanted to help me with ticket I originally booked true expedia they gave me flight 34 Hr. I found it ticket 18 Hr expedia wanted to charge me $1000 extra after I got upset I called SAS. After I explained situation without any problem he changed my flight $0 cost and was pleasant about it. Outstanding service great food.
RoutePalanga to Chicago via Copenhagen
Date FlownAugust 2020

"an ultra low cost carrier"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | SAS is an ultra low cost carrier charging premium fares. No food or drinks are offered in economy class not in business class. The main difference between economy class and business class is that the latter is 2000 NOK (225 USD) more expensive. Business class has the Same seat, where the middle seat is not kept free. SAS packs it Full. While the do not serve any catering due to COVID they do not have a problem selling masks. This is hypocritical and shows how bad they are.
RouteLongyearbyen to Oslo
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"shameless with constant voucher proposals"

Trip Verified | I have been a loyal SAS premium passenger and Star Alliance (UA 1K) member since 1995. I bought a business class ticket on February 7th for an SAS flight LHR - ORD on May 21st. SAS didn't cancel the flight until the llast minute, (May 17th for a May 21st flight ). I immediately asked for a full refund. From the start of the pandemic SAS had been contacting me about "uncertainties" for my flight and offering me a voucher. I always declined. When they finally cancelled the flight, I immediately requested a full refund as per EU law. But instead of a refund, SAS offers for a voucher became much more frequent. I always declined these. Then suddenly SAS went quiet until August. I called once or twice in between to remind them that I was still expecting a refund. They always told me that they were "working hard" In August (still no refund), offers of a voucher began again in earnest. I called SAS once again to remind them again that I was still expecting a refund. I finally received notice on September 4th from SAS that the refund is being issued - 6 months after the ticket was issued and 3 months after the flight was cancelled. Why did SAS delay like this? I had similar longhaul bookings on BA, Air France, KLM,Swissair, Lufthansa, and ANA and I had shorthaul bookings on BA and Easyjet. All these were cancelled by the airlines too, but refunds were issued promptly. SAS was shameless with its constant voucher proposals. SAS was shameless in claiming that they were "working hard" to manage refunds. SAS has lost the loyalty of this premium passenger for good. I will now make every effort to avoid SAS and to fly alternatives wherever possible.
RouteLondon to Chicago via Copenhagen