SAS Scandinavian

"The most rude employees"

Trip Verified | The most rude employees I have ever seen on an airline. I was traveling Business having checked only one baggage instead of 2 that I am allowed and was holding a hand luggage with my laptop my camera and my watches. They told me that I have to give my hold language to go under the airplane as there is no space in the aircraft. When I insisted saying that I have my laptop etc they told me that they don’t care and if I don’t give my luggage I won’t fly. After a long fight I took everything on me and gave an empty luggage. When I got on the airplane all the space for luggage was empty. I tried very politely to ask why they don’t communicate between them and they told me again with very rude tone take your seat. And all these on the business class.
RouteLondon to Athens via Copenhagen
Date FlownJuly 2020

"Seats were comfortable"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Oslo. Seats were comfortable with USB chargers on seatbacks. Friendly crew. Free coffee, water, and Tea. Everything else was available for purchase. Free seat reservation at check in. Emergency exits rows can be reserved free of charge. Only downside is no free entertainment, however WiFi is available for purchase.
RouteAmsterdam to Oslo
Date FlownNovember 2019

"Do not fly or support this airline"

Trip Verified | Chicago to Paris via Stockholm. Played around with me for six weeks when I was entitled to a refund under EU law. Such a shame. I had to open billing disputes with my American Express card given their horrible treatment of me. After seven weeks, there was nothing else to do besides go to my credit card company. I could not keep dealing with their deception. Do not fly or support this airline.
RouteChicago to Paris via Stockholm

"company is very stingy"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | Tromso to Oslo. Almost 2 hours flight we received only one cup of hot the/coffee without any snack. This company is very stingy really. I fly a lot but its the first time that i didnt get a a small snack.
RouteTromso to Oslo
Date FlownMarch 2020

"praise for speed and service"

(Croatia)

Trip Verified | Lulea to Trondheim via Stockholm. Super all praise to the crew and pilots is felt when flying or landing quiet flights super everything. The cabin crew kindly lose their luggage and deliver the same day to a hotel in Trondheim. All praise for speed and service. Super sve pohvale posadi i pilotimane osjeti se kada poljece ni kada sljece mirni letovi super sve. Kabinsko osoblje ljubazno, izgublje a prtljaga isti dan dostavlje a u hotel u Trondheim. Sve pohvale na brzini i usluzi.
RouteLulea to Trondheim via Stockholm

"Very good travelling"

(Finland)

Not Verified | Very good travelling with smiling crew. The negative issue during the journey was that the flight from Stockholm to Malaga was overbooked. It took about half an hour to handle the problem. The new Airbus had still smell of factory.
AircraftCR9/A320neo
RouteHelsinki to Malaga via Arlanda
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"only 1 cup of water per person"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | Bergen to Keflavik via Copenhagen. Terrible flight, ridiculous staff. Three men that seem to not know what they were doing and when asked for water they said it should wait. When the trolley came, the guy gave very few water. When asked for more he said only 1 cup of water per person. SAS should provide enough water for all passengers. Ridiculous company. I'll never fly SAS again.
RouteBergen to Keflavik via Copenhagen

"definitely recommend SAS"

Trip Verified | Berlin to Stockholm on January 31st, 2020 and from Stockholm to Amsterdam a few days later - both times in SAS Plus on an A319. Check-in at both airports was smooth. Boarding/security procedures are a nightmare at Berlin Tegel because of the terminal design. At Stockholm they are more organized, and I got to use the fast track because of my SAS plus ticket. Lufthansa lounge at Berlin was decent, although the SAS lounge in Stockholm was better. Seating on board (6F on the first flight, and 5F on the second) was comfortable enough, and had enough legroom. Both times I had assigned myself in row 1, but moved because I was able to get a row of 3 seats to myself. Crew on both flights were very professional and accommodating with respect to my Autism and sensory issues. Internet was free with the SAS plus ticket, and worked well when it worked. I ordered a lacto-ovo vegetarian meal, and both times it was great - some kind of wheat salad on the first flight and a cheese plate on the second. There was free alcohol. Would definitely recommend SAS and definitely buy SAS Plus next time as it was a great value considering what was included in the very small difference in price - 2 bags, priority security/baggage handling, lounge access, seating at the front of the plane, a cold meal, and alcohol - and, as a cherry on top, unlike the cheaper fares that were being offered when I booked, it earned a good number of miles seeing as it booked in to "A" class.
RouteBerlin to Stockholm
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"SAS flatly refuses to pay back"

Trip Verified | This is the message I got from the airline that was going to cancel my direct flight to CPH "SK596 14 FEB Dear Passengers, Due to expected severe weather conditions in the Keflavik area on Friday 14th February we are offering our customers travelling to/from Keflavik to voluntary change their reservation If you are holding an SK/117-ticket with a flight to and from Keflavik on the 14th of February 2020 you may rebook your ticket once free of charge. Use this link for more information: https://www.flysas.com/en/traffic-information/message/ Regards SAS". When I rebooked I had to pay €320, although it should have been free. SAS flatly refuses to pay back. On top of that my suitcase did not arrive.
RouteReykjavik to Copenhagen via Oslo
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"cabin crew were very attentive and welcoming"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | Five years after my latest SAS flight I boarded this Scandinavian Airlines flight from HEL to CPH with departure at 10am. The flight was operated by Irish CityJet and everything was very professional and the flight left bang on time. The cabin crew were very attentive and welcomming, I was offered coffee, tea or water free of charge and I was offered a refill twice during the 1 hour and 25 minutes flight. The plane was a state of the art CRJ900 Regional Jet with a bright and clean interior. All in all I'm very pleased with the experience and I would not hesitate to book with SAS again in the future. From my experience SAS wasn't the cheapest airline but their product on this morning flight was well worth paying a little extra for.
AircraftCR9