SAS Scandinavian

"extraordinarily comfortable and warm cabin design"

Trip Verified | I can't agree on the bad reviews. I had to cancel or change my tickets a few times and all went well. Customer service both at the (Scandinavian) Airports are good and I had someone on the phone instantly. The flight itself was pretty empty and the service was limited due to the pandemic. Very friendly cabin crew and extraordinarily comfortable and warm cabin design. I even got a free smoothie! I would always fly SAS again.
AircraftA320neo
RouteStockholm to Berlin
Date FlownNovember 2020

"SAS airline uses any possible trick to make money"

Trip Verified | SAS airline uses any possible trick to make money. It is disgusting how a company conducts such business. I know its about surviving and not about competency. They rather prefer to scam you rather to have an understanding of the customer situation. After paying for the ticket few months back, I had to change the date as Sweden closed because of Covid 19. The changing fee and the ticket costs more that 500 EUR for 1 hour flight. How stupid of me to pay such fee. And now as Sweden is still closed I had to cancel the ticket and got back, 0.16 EUR. I could never fly aging with an airline that has such low morale. I flew to 115 countries and never had such a terrible experience,
RouteStockholm to Kiruna
Date FlownMarch 2021

"Still waiting 8 months later for refund"

Not Verified | Still waiting 8 months later for refund! Trip was originally booked for October 2020 - a fully-refundable ticket. In July 2020 I went to their website to initiate a refund because of Covid, and got the response that the online form would not work, so I emailed them. 10+ emails, at least 2 calls, and 8 months later I still have not received a refund for this "fully refundable" ticket. I was willing to be patient because of the extraordinary circumstances, but I think 8 months is long enough. Do not use this airline!
RouteChicago to Stockholm
Date FlownOctober 2020

"I got 10% of what I paid back"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | I had a booked flight for August 2020. I decided that due to COVID I couldn't fly and went on their website to see what are the policies. They said that you can cancel your ticket and get a full refund even if your ticket is non-refundable or you can get a voucher. I decided I would go with the full refund and 6 months later when they processed my request I find out that I got 10% of what I paid back. They are a joke.
RouteAthens to Stockholm
Date FlownAugust 2020

"Unprofessional, unreliable"

Trip Verified | I booked my flight for a business trip via SAS in January 2020. I had to cancel my trip due to COVID-19 and SAS confirmed that they will initiate processing the refund. I have reached out to their customer service support at least 4 times over the past year and to date (February 1, 2021), SAS still did not process my refund and to this date, they have no estimates on when my refund will be processed. Unprofessional, unreliable, and definitely not recommended.
RouteChicago to Geneva via Copenhagen
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"this airline needs to stop making excuses for poor service"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | This flight left Stockholm late and arrived in Faro late. This was due to a technical problem with the originally-assigned aircraft. The flight was uneventful but what was striking was the almost complete absence of service from what is supposedly a full-service airline. From what I understood, there was no tea, coffee, wine or beer available on this flight - either complimentary or to buy. This was a 4.5-hour flight. There was some kind of biscuit available for purchase and soft drinks were also available to buy. The reason for this lack of service was cited to be (surprise, surprise, Covid). The airline claims to want to avoid too much contact between crew and passengers. Although SAS's flight attendants seem considerably older than the industry average, they are hardly in the vulnerable-age category and their protection does not seem warranted. In any case, one flight attendant spent 20 minutes in the aisle face-to-face with an elderly passenger who was trying to work out how to use the WIFI. I think this airline needs to stop making excuses for poor service and to start to treat passengers with a little more respect.
RouteStockholm to Faro
Date FlownNovember 2020

"no refund four weeks after"

Not Verified | SAS cancelled the flight and no refund four weeks after. Out of of pocket for a £385 ticket and even a banker baulks at the £467 each to get us on BA - and not even any supper on SAS for the way back. SAS cancelling flights is bad form - now they won't refund.
AircraftA320NEO
RouteLondon to Stockholm
Date FlownOctober 2020

"A quite ridiculous experience"

(Sweden)

Not Verified | A quite ridiculous experience. There is no distancing to speak of inside a full, six seats per row single-aisle plane, which makes any announcements about procedures or rules designed for Covid safety absurd to listen to, and as such the rules are probably mentally damaging to the cabin crew who seem content to unthinkingly apply them with a jobsworth attitude. One of the crew members, a large heavyset young man, was incredibly zealous about the detailed enforcement of Covid safety rules to the point where the behaviour reminded me of that found inside the Swedish penitentiary system, which is a "nice" Scandinavian touch, as offensive as it is. For example: one is not allowed to change seats at any time, even if it would improve social distancing, if sleeping while your facemask is not covering your nose and mouth you will be woken from sleep and ordered to correct that grievous error, the order in which groups of rows embark or disembark makes no difference at all to overall Covid infection risk, due to no distancing during the flight. I am not afraid of Covid, I would not fly if I was, but I prefer my rational sensibilities intact. Fly with the cheaper, less ridiculous remaining competitor airline on this route instead.
RouteLondon to Stockholm
Date FlownOctober 2020

"Have been waiting for a refund for the past 6 months"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Copenhagen to Milan. Never going to fly with SAS Scandinavian anymore. They allowed me to book a ticket they probably already know it was not going to fly. Have been waiting for a refund for the past 6 months. Beyond embarrassing.
RouteCopenhagen to Milan
Date FlownMay 2020

"no refund had been processed"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | Warsaw to Copenhagen booked for 30th APril. It has been half a year since cancelation and no refund had been processed until I contacted customer service. The airline posted a list of cancelled flights due to coronavirus on its website but at the same time refused to reimburse the full amount for the ticket and only 1/3 of it was returned. They claim that the flight has not been cancelled while removing all the information for the previous months from the website right after I wrote to the customer service. Hardly anyone would do that if they had nothing to hide. And after this they dare say that they show fair and equal treatment to all the customers.
RouteWarsaw to Copenhagen