SAS Scandinavian

"least premium of all business class cabins"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | I was flying in SAS Plus today, which is likely one of the least premium of all business class cabins you can find for intra-European travel in today’s market. It has a 3-3-configuration and was fully packed on today’s flight. The staff on board were not very engaging and service-minded, to put it politely. However, they did engage in loud conversations among themselves behind the curtain. On board, wi-fi was out of service during the entire flight, although I was told that the staff had done their utmost and that the system did indeed work, so the fault was mine. This is the same team of staff that did not even come around with a coffee after my meal. They did after all have three full rows to attend! Speaking of the meal, you can pre-order the same (or something very similar) in economy class for approx 10 EUR. The only bonus in Plus is the two pieces of chocolate they bring you separately, free of charge. There is absolutely no other reason to go for SAS Plus if you already hold a Star Alliance gold card. It makes you wonder who came up with this empty concept that fails to deliver so massively. Save your money and buy the cheapest ticket you can find, splurging is not worth the extra money, at least not on SAS Scandinavian.
RouteCopenhagen to Zurich
Date FlownMay 2022

"not a very impressive experience"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | Overall, not a very impressive experience. Outbound trip from Copenhagen to Nice as always cancelled or changed. This time notice was given seven days before departure. I was offered a rerouting through OSL, requiring an overnight stay at my own expense. Called them up and told them that there were other options, which they agreed to book for me. The flight was decent, but not exceptional. I will look for other options next time that can deliver what they promise instead of always disappointing with constant schedule changes!
RouteCopenhagen to Nice
Date FlownApril 2022

"zero possible ways to contact them"

(Norway)

Not Verified | I would get 0 starts if i could. when you buy ticket from SAS bear in mind that in case of cancelation or any other problem there is zero possible ways to contact them and reach their customer service. They canceled my flight less than 10 hours to departure which was a connecting flight to other airlines, then changed my whole flights (including the other company's flights) without me accepting or admitting to it to another day. While all these changes were happening their customer service never picked up the phone during the hours, they say they are available on their site! Never did the other days as well. I tried to fill out the flight cancellation form, it is so user unfriendly and difficult to fill out it made it impossible for me! I managed to fill out the form at the airport in SAS office with their system. The people standing at their office in Oslo airport think made me feel the fact they are helping me is something very extra they are doing for me while all the problems were raised from their side. Long story short, it has been two weeks since I received a reply from my claim form i filled out and gave them the info they asked and not received a single word from them! They stressed my whole trip and now keeping me in a dark and they have no single email address for customer service! Will never ever purchase any tickets here again.
RouteHaugesund to Oslo

"no refund was paid"

Trip Verified | No response from the customer service. Cancelled flight resulted in 10h delay, and no refund was paid even though EU flight regulations require. Additional stopover in Copenhagen.
RouteZurich to Tromso via Oslo
Date FlownApril 2022

"A truly horrifying experience"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | I have never experienced anything as poor as the SAS service between Copenhagen and Washington DC. First, to fly a narrow body aircraft on a 9 hours flight is a challenge itself. But if the leg space is cramped, things get even worse. If you are of average height, and the person in front of you reclines his/her chair, you can no longer properly see the IFE screen. Moreover, you are cramped into something that best can be compared to a vise. Its terribly a horrifying experience for 9 hours. Of course, to add insult to injury, SAS transatlantic service is not comparable to a regular airline when it comes to anything else either: food, beverages, IFE selection. It's much closer resembling RyanAir than, say, KLM or Lufthansa. But when you are stuck in the type of seating I was, that really doesn't matter. All you will want is to get out of there. A truly horrifying experience. SAS product is so poor that the advantage of having a direct flight across the Atlantic from Scandinavian airports is entirely wasted. Next time around, I will most definitely opt for a stopover in Frankfurt or Amsterdam instead, so as to travel in somewhat of comfort.
RouteCopenhagen to Washington
Date FlownApril 2022

"we won't fly SAS ever again"

Trip Verified | We originally booked our SAS flights back in 2021, with our plan to fly to Copenhagen in December 2021. We had to reschedule our flights due to Omicron and a lockdown in Denmark. SAS would not allow us to cancel our flights or even get a credit for a later flight, we had to rebook and pick a new date immediately - during the pandemic. Check in at CPH was a nightmare. We had our CDC approved BiomaxNOW test results (NEG). But when we went to the counter. The agent told us SAS did not accept them. (Their StarAlliance partner UNITED does). Agent also asked for our vaccine cards? (Not a US requirement). We raced to get an airport COVID test at significant additional cost and inconvenience. We went to the checkin line and got a different agent who barely even reviewed our test status and never asked for our vaccine cards, much to our dismay. On board experience is fine, the A350 is an amazing jet. We left a few minutes late (no explanation) and took off. The meal in SAS Go was fine, but SAS makes sure to inform passengers several times you get one free drink and must pay for alcohol and snacks. (It's an 8 hour flight). Oh but make sure your USB port is not being used on takeoff. Our outbound journey was a even bigger disaster. The night before, SAS cancelled our non stop to CPH and routed us on BA thru London, with an airline and terminal change at Heathrow. Not even a thru connection on BA, we were SAS Plus. With a 4 hour layover in LHR we had to retrieve our luggage, exit the UK Border, travel by train to a different terminal and re-checkin with SAS. Ugh. To say the least we wont fly SAS ever again and advise fellow travelers to heed our review.
RouteCopenhagen to Newark
Date FlownApril 2022

"Will never fly with them again"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | Worst airline on the planet. SAS have cancelled three flights in a row, without any explanation or without offering an alternative travel route or even my money back. SAS customer service dodges all demands or questions and are not following EU-legislation or even their own policies. Extremely corrupt and incompetent organization. Will never fly with them again.
RouteStockholm to Vaasa
Date FlownApril 2022

"SAS is another word for bad service"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | Typical SAS pattern of lousy service. Our connecting flight was a bit late so we were encouraged to rush. We did (2 adults + 2 young kids). Big board did not show info correctly so we went on a cross-airport goose chase which meant we finally missed the boarding by 2(!) min. They only waited the standard 10m to keep the gate open even though they knew us and several others were rushing to it. However the plane waited at the gate another 20+ min! The gate personnel had closed it as soon as they could to be able to handle the next SAS flight at a nearby gate. At the end we + another couple missed the flight for this and a whole plane was delayed 35 min (in practice, not the gate closed within "normal" time so looks good in SAS statistics). Our next flight was 8h later and they absolutely could not invite us up the lounge. SAS is another word for bad service.
RouteLondon to Copenhagen
Date FlownApril 2022

"SAS, you will not be seeing me again"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | The level of customer mistreatment goes beyond reason with this company. I booked a 12 hour direct flight (CPH to LAX) for myself and my wife a whole 2 months before the trip. For a lengthy flight like this, I purchased specifically selected seats (for almost 80 euros) as an extra to the already overpriced ticket, to have a minimum amount of comfort during the trip. During the check in process, I noticed that the seats I paid for were not respected, as they decided to assign two completely random seats in my boarding pass without any notice. I didn't complain although they were a lot worse than my initial selection. And then, on the trip back, they went a step further and assigned us the worst possible location, exactly in the center of a 4-seat setup, in the middle of the plane. I called the customer service who suggested that I ask about it at the check-in counter at LAX, they in turn said that I should speak to someone at the gate where they asked me to call the customer service! They apparently had a fully booked flight and they couldn't help. Nobody was willing to answer why I paid for seat selection for no apparent reason and why I wasn't at least offered a refund for the non-existing "service" I purchased as an extra when they decided to change my booking details without even letting me know. Perhaps it was my mistake for thinking that SAS is a serious airline. Next time, I will know better. As it seems to be the case for SAS, paying premium means having exactly the same customer treatment level as any low cost airline (including the crappy food). Thank you SAS, you will not be seeing me again.
RouteLos Angeles to Copenhagen
Date FlownApril 2022

"What a complete letdown it was"

Trip Verified | What a disappointment. Where do I start? No amenity kit. Poor movie selection. No wifi internet was available. The flight was almost 12 hours long yet the crew did everything possible to be done with drink and food service an hour and a half after takeoff. This means they rushed into serving lunch at 10.15 am (we left Copenhagen at 9.15 am) letting over 10 hours pass before a dreadful breakfast service (some kind of an inedible roll). I should add that no snacks were offered in the back of the plane like most airlines do. Instead, you could purchase your snacks! It was like flying low-cost for 12 hours. What a complete letdown it was. I had a completely different perception of what a flight on SAS could be. Instead, I got a product I can not recommend,
RouteCopenhagen to Los Angeles