SAS Scandinavian

"sorry I gave your food to someone else"

Trip Verified | I had an 11 hour flight and paid extra to pre-order my in-flight meal since I have a specific diet; I ordered it to be vegetarian/vegan. I was given the wrong meal (which had meat) and when I told the flight attendant; I was told, " oh sorry I gave your food to someone else". They took about 5mins to talk with each other and get back to me. I asked if they had anything vegetarian they can offer me hoping that they would have a backup for such cases. The flight attendant brought out the chef just to tell me no they don't have anything and the only thing they had was fish even though the food I ordered was vegetarian/vegan (I don't understand their logic here). Disappointing, especially on a flight that wasn't crowded how easy it was for them to make a mistake and also not have any backup for such cases.
RouteCopenhagen to san Francisco

"Terrible customer service"

Trip Verified | The flight was okay, but they had lost my bag on arrival and I didn’t get it until a week later and I had to buy all new clothes and shoes. If you can imagine coming from a new country it was hard to plan around when I would get my bag and the things I needed to get. They said they would refund me and they never have. I just talked to someone on the phone and they hung up on me because they wouldn’t help me. Terrible customer service.
RouteLos Angeles to Copenhagen

"Nice new aircraft"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | On time one way, and ahead of time the other way. Nice new aircraft with calm interior. Good seats and ok service. No service except coffee or tea due to "catering issue" without much more explanation. Wifi was not available although I got a text right before boarding that it was indeed available.
AircraftA320 Neo
RouteOslo to Bergen

"A comedy of errors"

Trip Verified | A comedy of errors. First and last time we are flying SAS. Flight cancelled. New flight via Copenhagen. Young children (2 girls both under 12) were booked to sit unaccompanied in seats next to strangers for both flights. Staff refused to move them saying the flights are full. 1st flight was about 1/3rd empty (Mostly SAS plus). Someone overheard our dilemma and swapped seats, so we ended up sitting together. 2nd flight was full and girls were sat separately. Staff said 'You should ask someone to move'. Arrive in Heathrow, no bags. Oh, they will probably arrive later.
RouteStockholm to Heathrow
Date FlownNovember 2022

"that was no way to speak to a passenger"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | I placed my luggage wrong, which I didn’t know at the time. I placed it under my seat, instead of my designated luggage location - in front of me, next to my feet. Instead of politely asking to move my luggage, the cabin crew commanded me to move to straight away. I responded to her command, and even before I manage to take a breathe and unbuckle my seatbelt she screamed at me “Did you hear me?! You can’t place it there, it’s not your spot to use”. I understand we are delayed and she wanted everything to go smoothly, so we can take-off, but that was no way to speak to a passenger. Two words, “customer service”.
RouteOslo to Bergen
Date FlownNovember 2022

"make you to check in your hand baggage"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | Awful service at Heathrow, they make you to check in your hand baggage even if it’s not over 8kg! The staff were rude and unfriendly. I’m a gold member but would not felt SAS if I didn’t have to!
RouteLondon to Stockholm

"such exceptional service"

Not Verified | The customer service was beyond fantastic, I had handicap assistance, and without fail, was help available right away. From the gate to the plane, from the plane to the connection flight and so on. The flight was great, staff where attentive and once I fell Ill, moved passengers so I could lay down, to get better. Food and entertainment where first class, plentiful and beverages offered throughout with possible options for purchase. On my return flight, Berlin to Stockholm and Chicago, I had a layover of 13.5 hrs, and the wheelchair assistance even took me to the hotel in the terminal, and picked me back up the following morning, simply amazing. SAS has such exceptional service, in any way, for me and easy 10 out of 10 points
RouteChicago to Berlin via Stockholm
Date FlownOctober 2022

"culture of blame at all levels"

Trip Verified | We booked our in flight meals (vegetarian) a week before our ongoing flight (London-Toronto) and 5 days before our return (Toronto-London) flight (called and confirmation by email), still they did not have our food (for a 8 and half hour flight) and said sorry we don't have alternative, you have to buy in flight food (even with our return SAS plus and having 2 children with us). They offered one fish meal for 4 of us and we asked for the options of food to buy in flight and they said sorry we have only 2 tomato pasta left (for 4 of us). No sense of responsibility and disrespectful behaviour on our return. There was a culture of blame at all levels, 5 out of 6 staff told us 'you did not book on time!' (requirements are 48 hours prior to the flight, we had email confirmation 5 days before the flight) or shifted the blame to others like the catering service with no apologies. They mislead 12 passengers including us on the return in transit, they did not have staff to guide us in the airport and they did not offer any apologies. The SAS staff directed us out the transit and after 2 hours reaching the arrival SAS desk the alternative to the direct flight from Stockholm to London that they could offer was 3 flights and 2 connections! (9 hours later to arrive at London with 2 children and they told us there are no flights the following day), after 2 hours discussion and talking to the supervisor at the end, suddenly 4 seats miraculously were available for the next morning. However they refused to pay the hotel over night as we did not accept their very generous offer of the 3 flights! This is a short version!
RouteToronto to London via Stockholm
Date FlownAugust 2022

"backpacks were too large."

(Slovakia)

Not Verified | Terrible experience. Plane tickets priced higher than a budget airline but worse service received than with Wizzair or Ryanair. We had just two backpacks and no other luggage and even though we were told we have to pay extra because according to them backpacks were too large. Even after I asked them to bring a scale or any device to check the dimensions I was told no and that the backpacks would not fit under a seat. After paying additional fees for the backpacks inside the aircraft I was told that I cannot place them in overhead lockers because they are small and can fit under the seat. They fit under the seat and we had them there for the whole flight. Take any other airline if you have a choice.
RouteCopenhagen to Stockholm
Date FlownAugust 2022

"I will never fly SAS again"

Trip Verified | I was scheduled for fly out of Stuttgart at 1005 am and change planes at 1220 pm in Copenhagen to Washington IAD Dulles airport arriving at 315pm. The flight out of Stuttgart was delayed 1038 am but we didn't take off until 1050. We were informed that we had been rescheduled to another flight out of Copenhagen. We arrived at the rescheduled center in time to make out 1220 flight but we were not given that option at all! THe only option we were given was an option to wait over 4 hours for a flight to Chicago! We were given 75 PKK each (150 PKK) which not enough for even one hamburger at O'Learys where we went to eat! We had to send another $62.00 of our own to have lunch! Then after the 9 hour flight to Chicago, the flight on UNITED which was 3.5 hours later...we ended up having to pay $97 for two of our carry-ons (which were free on SAS so they also owe us for the extra luggage charge. No only that but it took us an extra day to fly in which means we were in flight 24 hours after leaving Germany at 730 a.m., we arrived in Maryland at 8am Germany time (2 a.m. Maryland time). It was the longest day of my life and I will never fly SAS again in my life! Why would you reschedule my flight without as much as give me an opportunity to try and make my flight and schedule me on such a horrific schedule as you did forcing us to be be without sleep for 28 hours!
RouteStuttgart to Washington via Copenhagen