SAS Scandinavian

"My baggage was lost"

Trip Verified | Munich to Shanghai via Munich. I flew with SAS many times, always with big satisfaction, but this time was different. My baggage was lost already in starting airport. According to the information I got at the Desk, in arrival Airport, the baggage was never put on the plane. The following week, my return, I had to fly again. The only thing I could do was buying what I lost. To be sure, I was acting correctly, I called SAS many times and every time I was told to buy new stuff. After 5 weeks the lost baggage was found. I have requested SAS to support me in the expenses I had but nothing. Even if the baggage arrived 2 weeks later than the 3 weeks Air company is claiming as std window to recover from any mis-service, nothing. Even if claiming that the operators told me to buy new stuff ... nothing. I'm really disappointed, in seeing how SAS is supporting its clients in the bad situations, which by the way can happen. The only thing I cam do is fly with somebody else. So SAS team, I can promise you, I will never ever fly with you.
AircraftA340-300
RouteMunich to Shanghai via Munich

"lost my bag for a day"

Trip Verified | Stockholm to Visby. Flew on twin-engine turbo prop. Flight was delayed because the plane was refueling. SAS should have had the plane ready at the scheduled departure time. The flight was uneventful, but the airline lost my bag for a day. I had to buy clothes and two hours after I purchased the clothes, the airline delivered my bag.
RouteStockholm to Visby
Date FlownJuly 2019

"Unprofessional and indifferent cabin crew"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Copenhagen to Athens with SAS Scandinavian. Low cost service at not at all a low cost price! Unprofessional and indifferent cabin crew: they never apologised after having been notified that they had forgotten to serve us. A very cheap product in general. Avoid if possible!
RouteCopenhagen to Athens
Date FlownJuly 2019

"All in all a good experience"

Trip Verified | I flew ARN to OSL and OSL to CPH first time ever with SAS and won’t be the last if I fly to this part of the world again. Aircraft are in good condition even it seems a bit old and the crew were friendly on both flights. Even though they are both very short flights, they served tea and coffee and a small cake or sandwich. The B737 seats were a bit tight but the A320 had a lot of space and was comfortable. The flights were on time and always kept informed by sms and app. All in all a good experience.
AircraftBoeing 737 / A320
RouteStockholm to Copenhagen via Oslo
Date FlownJune 2019

"Service on board was excellent"

Trip Verified | Chicago to Copenhagen. This flight left on time an arrived in Copenhagen. The flight itself and the wait at the gate were fine. I am deaf and, even with a cochlear implant, cannot hear PA system announcements. I informed the gate agent of this, and suitable arrangements were made, without question. Service on board was excellent and unobtrusive. Cabin service was good, and the flight was uneventful. Seats were terribly narrow, but thi--alas!--is common pracytice withn airline economy class, as dictated by company accountants. My only complaint is with the check-in. I have sleep apnea and use a C-PAP machine when I sleep. I made the mistake of mentioning that I had the machine in my checked luggage, bringing forth the the protest that I could not check in my bag with the device in it, but had to take the machine in my hand baggage through security. Since I have checked the machine in my baggage since I got a machine in 2007, and since I was hassled, if eventually cleared, at security when my checked bag was overweight, I made a courteous objection. A courteous argument ensued ("Is this company or TSA policy?" I'm not sure if it is, but you can't check it."), and I ended up taking it in hand baggage, which brought a delay at security and more pressure on my bad back. Otherwise, it was a good flight.
AircraftAirbus 330
RouteChicago to Copenhagen
Date FlownApril 2019

"Another delayed flight"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | Copenhagen to Aarhus. Another delayed flight with SAS. This appears the norm, rather than the exception and in my experience delays are always announced very close to departure time leaving one with no chance to adjust or change plans. Avoid if you can.
RouteCopenhagen to Aarhus
Date FlownJune 2019

"worst airline I have ever used"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | Warsaw to Copenhagen. As i paid a price of full service carrier i felt like I’m flying with low cost airline. They haven’t used an aircraft from their fleet they used a old B737 probably leased from airline called Jet time where you can’t even extend your leg. Air conditioning wasn’t working properly as for 45 min the plan was so hot out of 90 min flight. Crew was so rude -delayed 25 min - as they wrote on the boarding gate 30, later on they announced that it’s 34 and as i was waiting till 20 min before departure. I was checking the airport website and i saw it gate 44 so they changed the gate 2nd time without any announcements. The worst airline I have ever used.
RouteWarsaw to Copenhagen
Date FlownJune 2019

"only two passengers on the flight"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Olbia to Stockholm. Incredible flight with SAS! We were the only two passengers on the flight, probably because it was during the Swedish midsummer holiday, and the plane was empty. The cabin crew were super welcoming, and they upgraded our booking to all Inclusive! Best flight of my life.
RouteOlbia to Stockholm

"Worst customer service"

Trip Verified | Boston to Oslo via Copenhagen. Worst customer service I have ever encountered in any business. They don’t give a damn about customer service. I am gravely disappointed and they have ruined the start of my trip. I have never taken the time to write a negative review in my life. But this is egregious.
RouteBoston to Oslo via Copenhagen
Date FlownJune 2019

"the worst possible service"

Trip Verified | Dusseldorf to Oslo. Avoid SAS at all costs if you're flying economy. SAS does everything to give you the worst possible service on economy - low cost carriers like Ryan Air or easyJet are a blessing in comparison - in order to fleece you with their premium options. We had a cancellation and SAS hugely disappointed. The main issue is that the flight was cancelled at 10PM, and no service and support from the airline at all was provided until calling the hotline the next morning at 9AM. Outside the legally obligated food vouchers delivered via a contractor at the airport. That lack of care and support led to the early morning flight offered by SAS to be fully booked out by normal customers and we with our cancelled flight were left with an afternoon flight which had huge consequential damages in terms of lost connections for us. I find it appalling that an airline cares so little about its customers that new paying customers still have priority over your cancelled trip and also from a legal perspective the airline definitely failed its duty to try and get you from A to B in face of cancellation as fast as possible. Needless to say the options for remedy with support proved completely inflexible. Almost fraudulently, I also found out SAS uses different booking codes and Airlines to get out of legal responsibilities, apparently our other trip in the journey was booked with Scandinavian which is a different airline than SAS and therefore SAS refused a refund for this part of the journey. While I certainly agreed to conditions on ticket and have no legal recourse this sort of skulduggery is clearly set up by the airline to make your life as miserable as possible and force you to book their premium priced options if you want proper service.
RouteDusseldorf to Oslo