SAS Scandinavian

"told me my request had been cancelled"

Not Verified | Working with Scandinavian (SAS) has been one headache after another. There was a pilot strike. Instead of offering a refund they rebooked me on a different flight that took me to Copenhagen but it was too late to make my connecting flight to my actual destination, Athens. I tried for days to contact them to get a refund. I did go, but bought a much more expensive ticket from another airline. When I returned from my trip, i was able to reach them on August 7. They said it would take 8-10 weeks to process the refund. I waited over 8 weeks and called back. Today (Oct5) they told me my request had been cancelled. When I asked why, they simply said they had no control over that, as if it was an act of God. It's hard to imagine their customer service being any worse than this.
RouteChicago to Athens via Copenhagen
Date FlownJuly 2022

"customer service is bad"

Not Verified | San Francisco to Amsterdam via Copenhagen. Terrible. The customer service is bad. The seat is uncomfortable as hell. The luggage was delayed for over 1 day and the tracking system is, again, terrible, near not existing. Avoid at all cost
RouteSan Francisco to Amsterdam via Copenhagen
Date FlownOctober 2022

"punctuality and friendly crews"

Trip Verified | I took a chance and bid on an upgrade on our outbound flight from Newark to Copenhagen on SAS and was very pleased when it was accepted. For this trip, we travelled with only hand luggage. As such, we were able to check in via the app and head straight to the lounge at Newark - thanks to the upgrade to SAS Plus (Premium Economy). We also had access arriving in Copenhagen. Was a nice perk to be able to take a shower and grab a bite before catching the connection to Rome. On the outbound to Copenhagen, the Plus seats onboard the SAS A350 were comfortable, wider, and had a decent recline and padding. One thing that was consistent about SAS on all our sectors was their punctuality. Every flight boarded early, pushed back on time and arrived early. The service onboard in SAS Plus was very good, the crew were very friendly and all smiles. Seemed to enjoy their work. The 2 meals were also very good, well presented and with free alcohol, pre-dinner drinks and also free wifi. The amenity kit was a shoe bag with a toothbrush and eyeshades, etc. A bit cheap in execution but might get some use out of it later. While the crew on the other sectors were also very friendly, there was a stark contrast in what you actually get in regular old economy. On the flight to and from Rome, it was just a cup of coffee with everything else including water available for purchase. On the flight back to Newark from Copenhagen, we flew on SAS' A321NX. It felt new, the seats were comfortable, legroom was decent. But being on a fully packed narrow body plane for 8 hours starts to wear on you a lot quicker than on the A350. With only 3 toilets all at the back, there was a constant stream of people up and down the aisle. The dinner and arrival snack service were slow and the meals themselves were somewhat basic. I thought the limit of just one drink with the meal was a bit cheap on the airline's part. Additional snacks and drinks were available throughout the flight but once again had to be purchased. As did wifi access in economy. The entertainment system was responsive and I did like the tail and belly cams on the A350, which were not available on the A321. Otherwise, the selection of movies and TV shows was small and dated. As I had booked this ticket about 4 months before, I was able to score a great fare deal which made it good value. While I think the catering situation and entertainment options could have been better, I still think overall SAS might beat out the other US carriers, by a hair, for their punctuality and friendly crews.
AircraftA350 / A 320 / A 321NX
RouteNewark to Rome via Copenhagen
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"Customer service is non existent"

Not Verified | I upgraded my seats for all my flights but when I arrived at the airport they had no record. I showed them the debit to my credit card and their reference number but to no avail. Then they lost the luggage when I arrived in Rome so that cost me all day to wait for it. To top things off my return flight was cancelled but they did provide alternative flights but I had to make 3 stops instead of 2. Landed in Newark at 12:30 when originally I should have been there at 5. Customer service is non existent as I am trying to get my money back and keep getting the run around. Worst travel experience of my life and I travel quite a bit. Do yourself a favor and book with any other airline.
RouteNewark to Rome via Copenhagen
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"try my best to use other companies"

(Croatia)

Trip Verified | The overall travel experience was okay. The seats were uncomfortable and the flight was 30 minutes late, but I payed economy class so I can't complain about those things. What I can complain about is the customer service which was non existent. My flight got canceled by SAS Scandinavian without getting a refund, without getting another flight in return or anything. I now have to use AirHelp in order to get some of my money back for a flight that was canceled due to strike that they had in the company. I never leave reviews cause I simply don't care enough to leave one, but for this company I will make an exception. They get a rating of 2/10 simply because my last flight with them landed safely. Will try my best to use other companies.
RouteOslo to Split via Stockholm
Date FlownJune 2022

"cancelled while I was in flight"

Trip Verified | Connecting flight was cancelled while I was in flight. I did not know until I landed. NO explanation given. They rerouted me and arrived 12 hours later. I had to run to get rental car before they closed. They did not reroute my baggage and I did not receive baggage until 4 days later at hotel. Laptop and other valuables were stolen from baggage. I have reported the theft to them, but have heard nothing!
RouteWashington Dulles to Milan via Copenhagen
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"Absolutely awful customer service"

Trip Verified | Appalling Customer Service. As per most other reviews awful airline to deal with. They lost our luggage, had to call every day (many times as line tended to be dropped after 40 mins on hold) trying to find information and giving updated addresses (which you can’t do online). Had to buy basic clothes and toiletries (expensive in Norway). Finally got luggage after 6 days. Been trying to get reimbursed for purchases ever since. All receipt photos were uploaded in original claim case, but they asked for them again by email. Then continued to tell me (weeks apart each time) that the images weren’t visible. Poor English so difficult to understand what they meant by not visible. Resent 4 times in various formats to be told after 3 months that they had to be in PDF form (I had taken images on iphone which is normally fine). Needless to say no response since I sent the PDF version. Absolutely awful customer service. No way to call them, and no way to escalate. They just don’t care.
RouteLondon to Oslo
Date FlownJune 2022

"I was completely disappointed"

Trip Verified | I flew was expecting European airlines to have superior customer service and food than US airlines, but with SAS I was completely disappointed. The food was terrible and basic (a piece of cheese in a tortilla for a snack) charging for any alcohol, wood cutlery. The worst part was the way they handled lost luggage. I entered Stockholm and they lost my luggage. I was forced to buy expensive clothing and toiletries and a phone charger. I got the cheapest, the cheapest I’m Sweden is still expensive. I got my luggage after a couple of days, but after four months I still have not been reimbursed after multiple attempts. All I got were excuses about the strike if I even was able to talk to anybody. There is no live Customer service. The flight was May, not it’s almost October. Nothing. The other issue is I attempted to get assistance for my disabled mother at the airport. The SAS rep couldn’t “find” anybody and the line was so long, She had to walk so we wouldn’t miss the flight. On the way back my wife’s luggage was lost! This was the worst experience on an airline I have ever had, including developing countries. I didn’t attach the ticket due to security but the flight was SK 946 in May.
RouteChicago to Stockholm
Date FlownMay 2022

"terrible with their customer"

Trip Verified | San Francisco to Gothenburg via Copenhagen. I had a flight booked for departure on 7th September 2022 from SFO to GOT. I called the SAS customer service number on Friday morning September 2nd 2022, to add my pet fee since I was planning on flying with him. The customer service guy helped me and that was billed to my debit card. That day when I called back customer service with more questions, and waited on hold for an hour before getting a person to pick up. She would answer one question, and if I asked more she would hang up on me. Yes, this is SAS customer service. They hang up on customers. Anyway, on Tuesday September 6th 2022 I called SAS customer service to ask if I could have the pet fee refunded since the pet's travel documents were not all available and I had decided to leave him with someone else while I’m gone. The lady at customer service that day said that was alright, that the amount would be refunded without any issues if I fill out a form on the website. I filled out the form, and got an email response saying I can’t get a refund even though my pet was never on that flight. This gets worse. On the 7th September 2022, I arrived at the SFO airport at 3:05pm I remember checking my phone for time, I got to the SAS check in desk, and the ladies there completely ignored me. I went to see if there was more desks for SAS check in, and there was none, so I came back. When I came back to the SAS check in, these ladies turned around and left the desk at 3:15pm. The flight was departing at 4:25pm. These ladies never bothered to announce for any more customers checking in before leaving and to make matters worse, they left earlier than they should have. According to SAS customer service that I talked to the next morning, SAS check in is supposed to leave their desk an hour before departure meaning they should have left at 3:25pm the earliest, and at least announce before they leave for any last calls. The fact that I was standing in front of their desk and waving and yelling to get their attention, but they still turned around and left was beyond me. Even worse was the customer service the next day that would hang up on me while I was speaking. This airline has me at a loss for words for the amount of disregard for the customer. For a company that claims that customer service is their priority, yet still treat a customer the way they treated me, I wonder how they treat their employees and everything else that goes into the quality of their service. Maybe that is why their employees treat the customers so badly. Maybe they are not happy. I know this has been the absolute worst airline experience in my entire life! I have flown so many times before and no airline has ever been this terrible with their customer. This airline has refused to refund me the ticket amount I paid, not even the pet fee, not even a voucher. Nothing.
RouteSan Francisco to Gothenburg via Copenhagen

"terribly uncomfortable"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | Boston to Copenhagen via Gothenburg. Worst airline, the planes are so small and terribly uncomfortable. The attendants lie constantly about flight status. Avoid at all costs. Their prices are insane.
RouteBoston to Copenhagen via Gothenburg