SAS Scandinavian

"They wasted my time, money"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | Stockholm to Los Angeles. I've lost my last hope in airlines. I enjoy flying with SAS and have previously never encountered a problem dealing with them, but I had heard rumors about their poor customers service and I couldn't believe how bad it actually was when I now finally had to be in contact with them. I tried rescheduling my ticket yesterday because of personal reasons and had problem after problem to pay for my selected ticket. After multiple tries to pay (including trying 3 different browsers) I finally managed to pay with PayPal (which isn't my preferred way of paying). The money gets debited yet I receive no re-booking confirmation. I cal in to their customer service right away, they say It's no problem and tells me to call back tomorrow If nothing has happened on my booking pages. I call back the day after, they say there's been a problem and that I will get refunded for the payment. I call again since the price went up for my ticket and I want the price I had been debited for, and I get to deal with this incredibly rude guy screaming at me like I was an idiot and trying to overpower me. He yelled things like ''Why didn't you call back immediately?'' and ''This is your damn fault!''. They wasted my time, money and definitely my trust in them. I hope they don't do it to you! Skip the hassle, schedule your tickets right so you don't have to deal with their ridiculous CS incompetence.
RouteStockholm to Los Angeles

"Awful service"

Trip Verified | Copenhagen to San Francisco. Awful service. The staff at the check in counter had a very foul mood. The food on the flight was terrible and I was traveling business class. They changed the flight last minute to an old aircraft so the seats were not the best and the tv didn’t work for most passengers. Neither did the WiFi. I would choose any other airline if given a choice.
RouteCopenhagen to San Francisco

"Never SAS again"

Trip Verified | Copenhagen to Japan and I can purchase drinks? Are you serious SAS? You hand me some wine since no beer was available anymore, since one drink is free - ok well fine for me.. But with an unfriendliness I have never seen in my life. Thankfully I got a bottle of water on my seat before takeoff. How about you make the space between the seats even smaller? There was no choice in food, everybody gets the same. Never SAS again.
AircraftA340-300
RouteCopenhagen to Narita
Date FlownOctober 2018

"The worst of the worst"

(Japan)

Not Verified | Tokyo to Copenhagen. They announced before the meal that we have choice either fish or chicken, but they put the chicken dish straight to everyone without asking our choice. I asked cabin staff if they have fish as I’m pescatarian, he gave me a fish meal then said “you are lucky.” Beverage and snacks aren’t free, first time ever for long distance flight. One meal on 10hr flight. Entertainment screen was stuck for half of the flight. Honestly, I bought return ticket but I think I’m gonna buy a new ticket for the return with another company. The worst of the worst.
RouteTokyo to Copenhagen
Date FlownOctober 2018

"Arlanda airport get only worse"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | Stockholm to Frankfurt. Unfortunately SAS and its hub Arlanda airport get only worse. Regarding check-in, long a problem spot for SAS/Star Alliance at Arlanda Terminal 5, it is clear that throughput far exceeds the capacity of the staff/facilities to move customers through. For Star Alliance flights the presence of the self-drop counters continues to serve no function, as they cannot be used for transfers conducted by partner airlines. (Why? A mystery). This yields a situation where 7-8 counters are backed up with a 30 minutes+ queue, bag drop off queues are blended with check-in queues, and self drop off queues stand essentially empty as the system itself precludes their use. This combination provides a tremendous delay. A 5 minute process becomes 40+ owing to poor management and poor implementation of SAS resources, yielding great frustration with SAS and Star Alliance, particularly ironic given how utterly smoothly SAS-partner Lufthansa’s hubs are run. SAS/Arlanda have some serious benchmarking and reorganization to do. How can it be, after so many years, that the situation seems only to get worse, rather than better?
RouteStockholm to Frankfurt
Date FlownOctober 2018

"we were treated unfairly"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Stockholm to Copenhagen. My family and I were treated unfairly upon on this flight. We purchased 4 SAS Plus tickets but when we boarded the plane, we were shocked to learn that 3 of us were assigned to one row while other SAS Plus passengers in front of us, beside us and for several rows behind us received an empty seat in between two seats. The seating reassignment was essentially a downgrade because of overbooking without any compensation. When we checked-in, we were asked by the staff at the check-in counter whether or not we wanted to take the earlier flight. Since we made arrangements to meet our tour guide later, we did not agree and politely refused. The staff was then on the phone for several minutes before being able to print our boarding passes. We were not told of the change in seating arrangement and only found out on the plane. Being the only family onboard the plane that received this treatment, it felt as though we were treated unfairly because we were travelling as a family and was a traumatic experience for us. After emailing SAS customer service, all we received was an apology. We will never be flying SAS again and will not recommend the airlines to anyone.
RouteStockholm to Copenhagen
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"not seen such poor service"

Trip Verified | Copenhagen to London. Checked in 2 bags, 1 arrived other did not. I was told it might arrive on the next flight. But no reference number was given initially by GBS at London and the contact details give of SAS were wrong, even though they were printed on a SAS letterhead. It took us 12 hours to manage to speak to some one at the airline in Denmark and they said they dont handle lost baggage. On the 3rd day we returned to CPH with one bag and the other not to be found. Finally some one from the airline spoke and said it might get found might not and that the airline is more concerned about getting people on the planes on time rather than find lost baggage. He also said we cannot contact anyone from the airline and they will only contact us. Im left helpless with no clue about baggage and I've written to the airline on the feedback email ID but no response, even no response after posting on there twitter. I have not seen such poor service in any sector in any airline in any country.
RouteCopenhagen to London

"a terrible experience"

Trip Verified | London to Bodo via Oslo. We had a terrible experience with SAS and will never fly with them again. SAS had the opportunity to make things right, but they flat-out refused to help us. They are far and away the worst company we have ever dealt with, and have the worst customer service imaginable. Unless you enjoy being ripped-off, deceived, cheated by travel companies, avoid SAS at all costs!
RouteLondon to Bodo via Oslo
Date FlownAugust 2018

"now pay more to avoid them"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | Athens to Copenhagen via Stockholm. More expensive than Norwegian and no better. Booking: English language site is old and not mobile friendly, exposing what looks like the SAP portal. No mobile boarding pass and very confusing sms messages before takeoff (asking me to buy luggage even though I had booked some) Some groundstaff was less than helpful. Previously had bad experience with their phone center as well. In flight: Pretends to be a fancy airline but only serves coffee in flight, offers food for purchase, plane had USB ports for charging and seats were ok. WiFi only for more expensive tickets. Staff: Hit and miss with more miss. Often unfriendly and unhelpful making sure you understand that they think your dumb for asking. But if you ask enough people you’ll find someone that is nice enough to help. I now pay up to 150€ more for the same route to avoid them. Mostly they are more expensive than alternatives anyway though.
RouteAthens to Copenhagen via Stockholm

"A complete shambles"

Trip Verified | Flew Helsinki to Manchester via Stockholm with SAS Scandinavian. First flight was delayed by 25 minutes with no explanation. Second flight also delayed for 70 minutes. Actually been waiting 90 minutes so far at Stockholm with no explanation or update on delay. First and last time using this airline. A complete shambles.
RouteHelsinki to Manchester via Stockholm