Rwandair

Rwandair customer review

WB300 KGL to DBX 14 November 2012. My boarding time was at 11.15 nothing had happened by 12.15 so I started to get a bit nervous inquired with airport representatives who was sitting at the boarding gate. They said they don't know what was happening and would check. I found that to be quite unprofessional they should have known there were complications. They came back 30 mins later to advise us that they apologize for the delay and will advise accordingly. Flight left after 3.00 that morning. I really think Rwandair team in Kigali needs to be trained accordingly. Its just good manners to keep your passengers informed on things like this.

Rwandair customer review

Outbound KGL to MBA in a newish 738 was fine with a hot lunch served on this sub 2 hour flight. Adequate leg room and friendly and competent cabin staff. Arrived at MBA airport for return flight to find that the flight had re-scheduled for 12 hours later. I chose not to wait as I had commitments in Kigali and flew back at considerable expense with another airline via NBO.

Rwandair customer review

Flew last week from Dubai to Mombasa return. Not sure what to expect as this was my first flight with RwandAir however I was pleasantly surprised. Nice aircraft friendly cabin crew good service and comfortable seats. Price was excellent and it was the only direct flight from Dubai to Mombasa so saved me lots of valuable time.

Rwandair customer review

Kigali-Johannesburg. We were 45 mins late departing Kigali with no explanation but arrived in Jo'burg at the scheduled time. Clean aircraft very smooth flight professional and very friendly crew Rwandan 'Primus' beer served on board with a tasty meal. Like most African continental airlines expensive compared to what we are used to in Europe but otherwise very good. Recommended for convenient and safe travel throughout the region.

Rwandair customer review

I recently travelled with Kenya Airways/Rwandair through one ticket that I had booked as a package through Kenya Airways. Problems happened: overbooking both ways (Kenya) making me board Rwandair without boarding pass baggage not delivered when Rwandair received it the very same night I arrived. While Kenya Airways has been co-operative in a settlement and is taking steps to help with the necessary paper work for the insurance Rwandair has been most uncooperative never responding to my messages and when I physically showed up at the office they plainly contradicted their own report in front of us. Results: Financial loss on my side and problems with the insurance.

(Denmark)

Bujumbura-Kigali-Bujumbura Dash 8-100. Both flights on time safety and organisation appear to be high. Good service onboard despite flight duration is only 40 minutes: snacks 4 different juices sodas. Good information on board and luggage delivered in 5 minutes upon passing immigration.

Rwandair customer review

These guys nearly spoilt our trip. On arrival in Jo'burg we were to board Rwanda Air to Kigali. There were no signs of any check in counters. So after an hour of rushing between terminals we finally contacted someone at Rwanda Air who had said the flight was cancelled. He was not even apologetic for not telling us beforehand. I would be very careful if booking with them.

Rwandair customer review

Nairobi to Kigali return. Excellent service on both legs. The e-ticketing system is still in process so bring your ticket number as well as the booking reference with you to the airport in Nairobi. I would gladly fly this airline again.

Rwandair customer review

I was due to fly from Kigali to Entebbe and had made a reservation months beforehand. I reconfirmed by e-mail about a month before the flight and two days before the flight telephoned to Rwandair in Kigali to make sure that the reservation was still valid. I was told that it was and the agent mentioned my first name which I had not given her on the telephone. When I turned up at the airport I was told that my reservation had been cancelled and no reason was given. Four or five other passengers were in the same position. We all waited to see if there were no-shows but there weren't. I would say that Rwandair which could not be booked through Opodo Travelocity or Expedia is to be avoided.

Rwandair customer review

Rwandair Express Johannesburg - Kigali on an MD-80 business class. Really not a bad flight - we were about 1/2 an hour late boarding with no announcements but after that it was fine: a reasonable little meal and nice wine. We had a touch-down in Bujumbura so there was rather a lot of taking off and landing but reasonably quiet and comfortable flight. My bags were lost in a connection a Johnannesburg (as always) and so it was the usual long process of waiting for the bags not to appear waiting to fill out forms and then waiting three days but the bags eventually found me!