Rwandair

Rwandair customer review

I had purchased a flight from Nairobi to Jo'burg in November of 2012 for a trip I took the first week of April. Apparently when I was trying to catch my connecting flight to Kigali I was informed that my flight had changed completely. And I'm not referring to a minor change in time but completely. I guess when RwandAir made the changed they forgot to put me on the new flights. They had informed me that I wouldn't be able to catch my connecting flight until the following day. Instead they put me on another flight with a different airline. I had to wait for 11 hours at the airport. Additionally my return flight was changed as well which included another long wait for my connecting flight. I also had to change another flight because of this. RwandAir caused me to waste time waiting money to change my flight and sleep. I don't want to punish the courteous flight attendants as they were great but I would be careful with booking with RwandAir.
Seat Comfort N/A
Cabin Staff Service N/A
Value For Money N/A

(South Africa)

Excellent flight late last year from Jo'burg to Kigali return. New plane top class friendly staff very professional. Will definitely use them again when required.

Rwandair customer review

Two flights in January 2013 JRO - KGL (via Mombasa) in their brand-new CRJ900 NextGen (less than two months old at the time) and KGL - NBO (ageing B737-500). All flights departed on schedule and food and beverages were included ranging from hot breakfast for the one hour flight to Nairobi to a packet of cashew nuts for JRO - Mombasa. Crew courteous and professional planes appear to be in excellent shape. The final landing in NBO was a bit rough but no complaints otherwise. The only downside was that the flight times had been changed a couple of times between booking and the actual flight. Apparently this is quite normal but flight times have been pushed from mid-morning to early morning then late afternoon before back to mid- morning and finally to mid-evening where they remained. Mind you there were 7 months between booking and the flights so this might be normal however we left plenty of time in our planning to account for those changes.

Rwandair customer review

WB300 KGL to DBX 14 November 2012. My boarding time was at 11.15 nothing had happened by 12.15 so I started to get a bit nervous inquired with airport representatives who was sitting at the boarding gate. They said they don't know what was happening and would check. I found that to be quite unprofessional they should have known there were complications. They came back 30 mins later to advise us that they apologize for the delay and will advise accordingly. Flight left after 3.00 that morning. I really think Rwandair team in Kigali needs to be trained accordingly. Its just good manners to keep your passengers informed on things like this.

Rwandair customer review

Outbound KGL to MBA in a newish 738 was fine with a hot lunch served on this sub 2 hour flight. Adequate leg room and friendly and competent cabin staff. Arrived at MBA airport for return flight to find that the flight had re-scheduled for 12 hours later. I chose not to wait as I had commitments in Kigali and flew back at considerable expense with another airline via NBO.

Rwandair customer review

Flew last week from Dubai to Mombasa return. Not sure what to expect as this was my first flight with RwandAir however I was pleasantly surprised. Nice aircraft friendly cabin crew good service and comfortable seats. Price was excellent and it was the only direct flight from Dubai to Mombasa so saved me lots of valuable time.

Rwandair customer review

Kigali-Johannesburg. We were 45 mins late departing Kigali with no explanation but arrived in Jo'burg at the scheduled time. Clean aircraft very smooth flight professional and very friendly crew Rwandan 'Primus' beer served on board with a tasty meal. Like most African continental airlines expensive compared to what we are used to in Europe but otherwise very good. Recommended for convenient and safe travel throughout the region.

Rwandair customer review

I recently travelled with Kenya Airways/Rwandair through one ticket that I had booked as a package through Kenya Airways. Problems happened: overbooking both ways (Kenya) making me board Rwandair without boarding pass baggage not delivered when Rwandair received it the very same night I arrived. While Kenya Airways has been co-operative in a settlement and is taking steps to help with the necessary paper work for the insurance Rwandair has been most uncooperative never responding to my messages and when I physically showed up at the office they plainly contradicted their own report in front of us. Results: Financial loss on my side and problems with the insurance.

(Denmark)

Bujumbura-Kigali-Bujumbura Dash 8-100. Both flights on time safety and organisation appear to be high. Good service onboard despite flight duration is only 40 minutes: snacks 4 different juices sodas. Good information on board and luggage delivered in 5 minutes upon passing immigration.

Rwandair customer review

These guys nearly spoilt our trip. On arrival in Jo'burg we were to board Rwanda Air to Kigali. There were no signs of any check in counters. So after an hour of rushing between terminals we finally contacted someone at Rwanda Air who had said the flight was cancelled. He was not even apologetic for not telling us beforehand. I would be very careful if booking with them.