Rex Airlines

"The worst experience ever"

Trip Verified | The worst experience ever. My carry-on bag was a fraction of an inch too big so it was confiscated and placed in checked in baggage. This caused me great inconvenience, as I was held to ransom to pay $55 extra for the bag to go in the luggage area. After 55 years of flying the worst experience with the worst airline. Never again. Their 737 has the smallest legroom ever.
AircraftSaab 340
RouteAlbury to Gold Coast via Sydney
Date FlownOctober 2022

"By and large a good flight"

Trip Verified | I had to purchase this flight at the very last minute when Jetstar cancelled my flight. I enjoyed the flight. Service was friendly and efficient and the flight left on time. The meal was ok, although the taste was a bit dry. The wine served was both delicious. and generous. By and large a good flight.
AircraftBoeing 737 800
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"Cabin crew were sub-standard"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Gold Coast. Cabin crew were sub-standard and barely coping. The loads were full but sitting in a window seat I was ignored and disregarded for service and had to try and get the attention of the attendant for water because she was so pre occupied with the couple beside me. When she reached me she hurriedly threw a glass of water at me without an apology. Also over a lunch break surely we could have a savoury refreshment instead of a chocolate brownie thrown at you. I will probably avoid Rex to travel on again
RouteSydney to Gold Coast
Date FlownOctober 2022

"couldn't have been more helpful"

Trip Verified | I'd never flown Rex before, however, I'd heard good things. From booking to disembarking the whole process was easy. The reminder emails and texts were easy to understand and follow, the check-in process was easy. I am a single dad and was travelling with my three daughters eldest being 10 and Rex allowed me to board first with them to get them settled which removed some of the stress from me. The staff onboard couldn't have been more helpful ensuring I knew that if there was anything I needed they'd assist. They provided my girls with some snacks & water before the rest of the flight as we were seated at the back. They assisted in watching the girls as I used the facilities. They even gave them a few extra snacks on the way down.
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"a wonderful flight experience"

Trip Verified | I didn't know of Rex Airlines before I booked. I needed to visit family & Jetstar & Virgin prices were over my budget, especially for such a short trip. My sister suggested I check out REX prices. They were half the cost of the 2 major airlines and with no added cost surprises like luggage & seating. My expectations weren't high, but I was pleasantly surprised. The on board staff were exceptionally pleasant, helpful and obliging. The space when seated was larger than Jetstar offers, and the leg room accordingly. And what a surprise to be offered a snack with Tea or Coffee, AND at no extra cost. My only disappointment is, that they don't fly to Darwin. I hope that happens in the near future because if they do, they will have a new permanently loyal customer. Thankyou REX for a wonderful flight experience.
RouteAdelaide to Melbourne
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"impressed with the service"

Trip Verified | First time flying with Rex and I was impressed with the service. The planes are former Virgin aircraft and comfortable. The food was very good and couldn’t fault the service. Much better than the other business offerings I’ve had recently.
Date FlownAugust 2022

"definitely fly with Rex again"

Trip Verified | Aircraft pretty old but its well maintained and the service is really good. First time flying with rex and got wonderful crew that took care of me and my buddy on business class. Alex the crew manager was very attentive, friendly and ensure we have the wonderful experience on Rex. What i like about rex is they are unique and the beef pie was really good. Highly recommend for flyers to have an option to fly domestically. Price is a reasonable one as well. Will definitely fly with Rex again in the future.
AircraftBoeing 737-800Ng
RouteGold coast to Melbourne

Rex Airlines customer review

Not Verified | My flight was cancelled on jetstar and they couldn't get me home for 4 days. Rex got me on a flight the next day for 1/3 price of jetstar. I am forever grateful. Free drink and snack and less hassle / more friendly than other companies. The staff are friendly and the service is excellent. I have not had any issues with this airline.
RouteBrisbane to Melbourne via Sydney
Date FlownJuly 2022

"true blue hospitality on board"

Trip Verified | REX does bring its heart back into the country. I have completed 7 flights with REX all on board the 737, and I their level of service leaves the other two major airlines for dead. The staff are genuine, engaging, and take the time to talk to you, regardless of class. I have flown majority in Economy. The great true blue hospitality on board, great fares, included bags is why I keep going back. I have only flown them between Melbourne to Sydney or Sydney to Brisbane (or reverse). I just wish they connected Sydney to Adelaide.
RouteBrisbane to Sydney
Date FlownAugust 2022

"Best ground and cabin service"

Trip Verified | Best ground and cabin service I have experienced in many years of flying. Staff are friendly and great communicators. I flew in difficult conditions from Sydney to Brisbane - pouring rain and Sydney flooding and returned in high winds and the closure of all but one runway. The staff can’t control the weather but they are efficient and effective. They are very well trained and behaved like real people and not automatons! I will choose REX over the others now. I wonder if the others are just too big to be good at what they do? Well done to all REX staff
RouteBrisbane to Sydney