PLAY

"crew onboard are friendly"

Trip Verified | I had never heard of this airline before so I thought let's risk this $395.00 round trip. Just remember this is a budget airline. No Movies, no internet, no inflight service as standard food is available for sale and its limited. The crew onboard are friendly, and the trip Boston to Reykjavik went by fast. This airline runs on time too! I'm 6.2 so the seats are tight but not uncomfortable. I would do this trip and with this airline again.
RouteParis to Reykjavik
Date FlownJune 2022

"What a great airline"

Trip Verified | What a great airline. Inexpensive tickets, great service, excellent food to purchase on board, and amazingly comfortable seats. Economy leg room was better than United or Delta’s business class. Way beyond my expectation for a discount airline. You just have to realize that you need to pay for carry on and food on board.
RouteBaltimore to Stavanger
Date FlownJune 2022

"Do not be sucked in by the low prices"

Trip Verified | Do not be sucked in by the low prices — nothing was worth the stress of the round trip I took with Play. By the end I had paid nearly an additional $250 for various catches, screw ups, and obstacles from this sin of an airline. This isn’t counting food or drinks — I packed my own — and bought my carry on luggage ahead of time. I flew from Baltimore to Reykjavik and hours before I arrived at the airport I tried several times to check in online. Each time the website was broken and I could not get a digital boarding pass. I arrived at the Baltimore airport, but the counter had closed an entire HOUR before the flight boarded, so there was no one to print a boarding pass and no kiosks. I ended up missing my flight because of this. I did not want to cancel my entire trip, so I paid for another ticket (an additional $110). I measured my suitcase in advance to be sure it fit the airline’s carry on requirements, and boarded my second attempt at getting to Iceland with no problem. Following these catastrophes I arrived at the airport 3 hours early in Reykjavik (KEF) for my return trip. I was told my suitcase (which I had measured and compared with Play’s online standards) was too large to go through security and was told to check it. I went back to the counters and explained the problem, and the attendants informed me I needed to show a negative COVID result to fly. I brought three rapid (antigen) tests with me, which the US accepts for re-entry, and said no problem, I was happy to take one. They said I needed a “certificate,” and apparently the only way to accomplish this was to take a cab to a nearby testing center ($35 round trip and pay for one of their antigen tests (same tests I had) which cost $54. None of this information was available on the airline’s website or any of the emails I received from them. At this point I was cutting it close, and the attendants made me wait another 25 min when I was back before I got my negative result. Finally, I was allowed in line to check my bag. I explained the issue with the carry on again, and that it fit their measurements, but they told me I had to purchase a checked bag instead. ($60) This was an addition to the carry on I had already purchased for this bag ($39) which they did not refund. I made it to the gate by just a few minutes. I cannot recommend visiting Iceland enough, but I would rather swim than take Play airline again.
RouteBaltimore to Reykjavik
Date FlownMay 2022

"Warm friendly crew"

Trip Verified | I was pleasantly surprised by PLAY, who were great. Warm friendly crew, great legroom and a new, modern stylish aircraft. The cherry on the cake was the fact that I booked close to departure and got a great deal on my airfare. Food and drink is for purchase on board. Not a huge selection. I would happily fly with PLAY again. One suggestion for PLAY would be to install Wi-Fi on board as there is no in flight entertainment currently.
AircraftA321 neo
RouteLondon to Keflavik
Date FlownMarch 2022

"amazingly kind and helpful airline"

Trip Verified | I have never been so appreciative of the airline staff. Play was amazing from the start to the finish. My sister and I were unaware of the need for an antigen test before entering Iceland. It was of course our fault for not looking and we had no idea what to do in order to make our flight and check in our bags before the deadline in 20 min. The gentleman checking in our bags kindly let us know about a pharmacy in the airport that may be able to get the test in time to make the flight. He not only gave us directions and quickly checked in our bags ( with a minute to spare), but he also escorted us through security in order to ensure we made our flight to Reykjavik. Because we had been sprinting with two suitcases all around the airport, we were both so thirsty and dehydrated but we did not have time to get water before boarding. Although usually you are only allowed to get any food or drink once in the air for ten minutes, the kind flight attendant let us get water before take off and pay later on in the flight. If this was any other airline we would have missed our flight or have been extremely nauseous for the first thirty minuets but we ended up having such a great flight and great rest of our day in Reykjavik! Such an amazingly kind and helpful airline even with the way they ask you to put your seatbelt on or help you with your overhead bags. Could not recommend Play more! So to the gentleman working in Charles De Gaulle airport for the 11:35 am flight to Keflavik on November 18th, 2021 you are a life saver!
RouteParis to Keflavik