PLAY

“Crew were friendly and professional”

Trip Verified | I booked same day to travel for a family emergency and was a bit nervous of any delay/cancellations. All four flights were fantastic. All left on time and arrived on time. Crew were friendly and professional on all four flights. Buy on board food was reasonably priced considering you are trapped and it's actually cheaper than the food at KEF on the connection (aside from the hot dog stand I always visit). I had the ham and cheese which was cooked to perfection and an Appelsin drink. I pre-booked the extra legroom seats and had tonnes of room. There was a USB port, the seat reclined and I was very comfortable. The only glitch I had was on KEF-YHM where my extra legroom seat wasn't actually any better than a regular seat - this was due to an alternate aircraft subbed in. I sent a photo to Play and they refunded me immediately. Look, you get what you pay for using a low cost airline. If they get you there and back safely and with minimal issues and you have paid way less than a legacy airline, then you're good. Too many complain at "no food, no service, no IFE"...do your research. It's like someone taking a $700 all inclusive to Cuba and moaning that the food and choices are not as good as Mexico. You get what you pay for, folks. Meanwhile I just booked for Dublin in May for CAD418 return basic fare and am shopping for a Europe trip in October-also around $440 to Amsterdam. Less than half of Icelandair or others from YYZ. Oh and YHM airport is phenomenal!! Two gates, lots of seating and a bar selling local craft beer and wine 30m from the two gates! Check in took 5 minutes, security 1 minute and none of the hassle. Park 100m from the terminal too. Love Play, love YHM. Happy customer!
AircraftA320/A321
RouteHamilton to Liverpool
Date FlownOctober 2023

13th February 2024 : PLAY response

First of all, we want to thank you for taking the time to tell us about your positive experience. We strive to deliver top service and we absolutely love feedback like this. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed our friendly crew and on-board menu. Again, thank you so much for telling us about this. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed flying with us and look forward to welcoming you on board again!

“customer service is deplorable”

Not Verified | I had booked a flight from Frankfurt to Baltimore, there was a stopover at Rejkyavik. Play delayed the first flight so we missed our connection, they sent us emails to book out stay and also gave us budget for food, it's been more than a month that I have claimed this (pre-approved claim), nobody from their team is even acknowledging my email. The customer service is deplorable. Not only are they not responding to my claim, they never have any staff at Rejkyavik airport when a flight is delayed, we were helped by security to track a guy and drag him out of whatever hole he was hiding in to come and give us some guidance when our flight was delayed, we were helped by other airline staff also but play was completely missing from the picture.
RouteFrankfurt to Baltimore via Rejkyavik

13th February 2024 : PLAY response

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. Our claims team has been having its hands extra full during these past few weeks so unfortunately our customers are facing some extra waiting time for the claims. I have forwarded your case to my colleagues who review all claims in the hope of speeding up the process. We really do appreciate your patience!

"What a horrible experience"

(Iceland)

Trip Verified | Great airline to fly with until a problem arises. I flew with PLAY 5 times in 2023 and the last time, back in July 2023, they lost my suitcase. It's now January 2024, I have still not been compensated for it and they have stopped all communication with me since November, when I provided the receipts for all my items. My travel insurance got fed up of waiting on documents from them and closed my claim. What a horrible experience.
RouteBaltimore to Reykjavik
Date FlownJuly 2023

13th February 2024 : PLAY response

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We're sorry to hear about your lost baggage and the lengthy time it has taken for your claim to be finalized. We see in our system that the claim was paid out 22 days ago. If you need any further help, please reply directly to your claim. Again, thank you for your feedback.

“Deeply regret booking a flight with them”

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Do not fly this airline. Deeply regret booking a flight with them which has ruined a fantastic holiday in Iceland. Absolute nightmare dealing with them. You get what you pay for. No customer service. Just sat at the airport in Iceland with many people in tears after they cancelled the flight because of no air crew, Cost me more than $1500 to get home. Claiming back from them is upto three months. Worst experience ever after travelling for over 40 years. Owned by an investment fund out to make money only and dont have about customers.
RouteKeflavik, Iceland to London
Date FlownJanuary 2024

9th January 2024 : PLAY response

Thank you for your review. We’re sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied regarding your experience with PLAY. We are always interested in hearing how our passengers experience our services and take everything stated into careful consideration. Again, thank you for your feedback!

"Will never fly with Play again"

(Iceland)

Not Verified | No customer service at all. If something goes wrong then screw you I guess. Charge for everything they can hook you for Avoid at all cost. Will never fly with Play again.
RouteKeflavik to Tenerife

9th January 2024 : PLAY response

"$36 for 1 overweight kilo"

Not Verified | $36 for 1 overweight kilo (kg) is something I have never came across in my whole life. We better take another airline with screens and dinner during the flight…
RouteBoston to Paris via Reykjavik

9th January 2024 : PLAY response

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We always appreciate hearing from our passengers, whether it is negative or positive. This is how we can improve on what is needed and keep doing what is good.

"pleased with the overall experience"

Trip Verified | Flew from Baltimore to Paris via Reykjavík. one leg on a A320 the remaining three legs on an A321. The final leg of the trip was on a newer A321, only this leg has USB chargers. There were two USB-A and two USB-C charging ports that were shared for all three seats on one side of the row. The newer A321 also had slightly more padding on the seat though, all legs of the flight the seats were pretty uncomfortable and cramped (I 'm 6'2" / 188cm). As expected, there is no real inflight entertainment - the newer A321 did have an option to connect to Wi-Fi and a webpage that provided an online menu, a few games, and a moving map Boarding was easy and timely, though one leg we did delay departing while waiting on a passengers from a connecting flight. Staff were courteous and efficient. For a low cost carrier, I was pleased with the overall experience.
AircraftA320 / A321
RouteBaltimore to Paris via Keflavik

14th December 2023 : PLAY response

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We're happy to hear you had an overall good journey with us and hope to welcome you on board again in the future.

“Not impressed at all”

Trip Verified | Not impressed with their policy at all! I usually don’t get the cancellation policy but life taught me that for longer flights or more expensive trips it might be a good idea so imagine my disappointment when it turns out it doesn’t matter in the end as apparently earthquakes and an erupting volcano isn’t a good enough reason to cancel my flights to Iceland. Only a doctor's note, covid or death is included in their policy. So now I’m down 400 euro plus extra money for a cancellation insurance that is genuinely useless!
RouteIreland to Iceland via Copenhagen
Date FlownNovember 2023

14th December 2023 : PLAY response

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We certainly strive to deliver the best service possible and we are very sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied with our service on your recent travels with us. We appreciate your feedback and really hope you will give us another chance in the future.

"system was not working"

Trip Verified | Disappointed because I tried several times to check in and pay for my baggage online before going to the airport the morning of flight, but I was not able because their system was not working, they double the price of the bags if you pay in the airport, and they were not able to make an accommodation for me, despite the fact that it was the fault of their website, they forced me to pay the double fee. Be careful!
RouteAmsterdam to Washington via Keflavik
Date FlownNovember 2023

14th December 2023 : PLAY response

“Always friendly flight crews”

Trip Verified | Always on time. For us budget travelers who need them to get from point A to point B, efficiently! Stay away you snobby travelers. Yes, with them everything is charged extra. Who cares. Bring you own food and a backpack only and realize you can get a flight to europe for $300 bucks or there about if you like. Think of it as a bus ticket in the sky. I love them. Don’t change. If you want extra comfort take your snob and fly Delta. Other notes: impeccably quick boarding, always seem to be on time. Weather in Iceland though can affect things, that’s the biggest potential mess. Not their fault though. Always friendly flight crews.
RouteWashington DC to Barcelona via Keflavik
Date FlownOctober 2023

14th December 2023 : PLAY response

Thank you so much for choosing to fly with PLAY! Our aim is to provide great customer service so we truly appreciate feedback like this - looking forward to welcoming you on board again in the future!