Pegasus Airlines

"had a fare for under £100"

Trip Verified | Stansted to Athens via Istanbul. Decided to give this airline a go because they had a fare for under £100 as a last-minute booking, with a 2 hour connection, compared to other airlines wanting double that. You can get the mobile boarding pass but there are issues with their app if you always dont have access to the internet. The boarding pass did not save down without you having to put in the booking reference each time and searching for it again which needs an internet connection. When i got to Istanbul i had no internet for my boarding pass but fortunately there was transfer desk who printed out a manual boarding card without a ounce of grief. I would recommend emailing your boarding passes until they sort this issue. Its very tight seating and the flight was full and the service was basic but i couldn't care less on a flight less than 4 hours. We got there and that's the main thing. Really overpriced food cart so make sure you stock up on your basic snacks. I thought that Istanbul Gokcen was a great airport to transit in great food court facilities and a cheeky way to stock up on cheap tobacco in transit back to Europe. The only thing i didn't care for was Stansted - worst airport that surrounds the London area. Hopefully they expand to Gatwick someday we need airline like this to keep the fares low.
RouteStansted to Athens via Istanbul
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"Terrible customer service"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Beirut via Istanbul. Terrible customer service experience. I had a flight with a transfer. My bag was a few kilos overweight so I paid the additional 75 euros before my first flight. At this point I was given a receipt and a bag sticker and was told to present this at the next airport if necessary. While boarding the second flight from Istanbul, I was stopped where they informed me that my cabin bag was overweight. I showed the staff members the receipt and bag sticker and yet insisted I pay an additional 45 euros (reduced from 90) and in her very limited English implied that I should hurry up because the flight was leaving and that I would not be allowed to board without paying. I have flown several budget airlines without trouble, but this one was by far the most incompetent.
RouteAmsterdam to Beirut via Istanbul
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"Absolutely not recommended"

Trip Verified | Istanbul to Stansted. Worst customer service ever. Flight delayed by 1.5 hrs and no proper explanation given why, aircraft not cleaned from previous flight, crew don't speak english, not greeted when entering aircraft, took nearly 2 hours to be served for a drinks and snacks and at the end didn't have what asked for as ran out of menu items on a row 19. Very incompetent staff. Will never ever fly with them again. Absolutely not recommended
RouteIstanbul to Stansted
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"worst airline I have used"

(Poland)

Not Verified | Muscat to Vienna via Istanbul. This is the worst airline I have used! The flight was delayed and I missed my connection but nobody cared about it! The delay was only 10 minutes and they didn’t wait however they can see in the system the I am checked in and their plane is late. At the airport office I was waiting 1 hour so that anybody talks to me and Change my flight. They poorly speak English so it took me a while to explain what happened and finally get help.
RouteMuscat to Vienna via Istanbul

"Not comfortable at all"

Not Verified | Dubai to Istanbul. Awful seats. Not comfortable at all for a 5 hours trip from Dubai to Istanbul. No entertainment and even the chairs are not going back so you can sleep like on any other airlines due to the very small spaces between the chairs. Horrible trip. Not recommended at all.
RouteDubai to Istanbul
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"Excellent staff and service"

(Israel)

Not Verified | Tel Aviv to Budapest via Istanbul. Excellent staff and service. Our flight got delayed due technical issues and we had to stay overnight in Istanbul. I just would like to express my gratitude to the handling staff, air and ground. Everything ran smoothly and very efficiant. We knew what was going on during the whole time, the staff was taking care of all quickly and with a smile. Technical issues are part of life but what was excellent is the way the company handles these situations. We got compensated for the delay on time and without issues. Thank you Pegasus. Definitely my choice for next flight!
RouteTel Aviv to Budapest via Istanbul
Date FlownDecember 2018

"a great flight"

Trip Verified | On October 6th I flew from Beirut to Marseille via Istanbul on Pegasus Airlines. On my transit stop I was able to visit a business lounge in Istanbul airport(SAW). Was able to relax and wait for my next flight in comfort. Overall a great flight. I will always fly Pegasus given a chance.
RouteBeirut to Marseille via Sabiha Gökçen
Date FlownOctober 2018

"we missed our flight"

(Lebanon)

Trip Verified | I flew Pegasus from Beirut to Istanbul last week - rude flight attendants. It was a dirty aircraft with dirty bathrooms. People kept on trying to open the air vents above their heads, but no air come through. Everything on this airplane was for money. No screen, maps or No food. Moreover, on our day back to Beirut, they have changed the flight time an hour and didnt inform us about that - we missed our flight because of them and they have cancelled our ticket to Beirut and made us pay another one way ticket. However, we were not that stupid to use that plane again, we booked on Middle East Airlines. I would pay a few more dollars to avoid the worst airline conditions I've experienced.
RouteBeirut to Istanbul
Date FlownOctober 2018

"seemed to be very few cabin staff"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Dalaman. I booked a flight months before as was travelling independently to Turkey. Pegasus was the best price for the flight times. Unfortunately as the Pegasus site seemed to run slow and never complete the booking, I booked via Olympic Holidays. The disadvantage of this was that you could not pre book seats/meals with either as Pegasus could not clearly use an Olympic reference and Olympic could not book any extras. At Gatwick airport check in was far too slow and it took 1 hour and 20 minutes. I asked politely for a window seat and was allocated. The flight was not announced until 19:40 for a scheduled departure at 20:10. Clearly we were not going to leave on time. The flight was fine but there seemed to be very few cabin staff so it took a long time for each sequence of drinks and food to occur. It is difficult for the staff & passengers as all the prices were in Euros despite being a Turkish Airline but they do have a lot of routed in the Euro Zone. The crew ran out of change for sterling and this again occurred on the return flight. Passengers assisted and I gather from one crew member this is not uncommon. What happens if they simply cannot obtain change? This took up a considerable amount of time. Pegasus support your crew with sufficient float! On the return journey, check in seemed late opening, I requested a window seat, the man dismissed the request saying seats already allocated. It was a rather bumpy landing at Gatwick but all was well. I decided to book for the same journey for September 2019 as the Facebook page was offering Summer 2019 flights. However none are available, other airlines have started booking
RouteGatwick to Dalaman
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"something was lost in translation"

Not Verified | I recently flew with Pegasus to North Cyprus via Turkey. Taking advantage of their pre flight menu I ordered Mushroom Risotto and my wife ordered Chicken Schnitzel. It would appear that something was lost in translation. My Risotto manifested itself into Ravioli and my wife's choice was like the sacrificial lamb. Never again. On the return journey we hoped to choose from the on board flight menu, but sitting in row 20 we where served last and consequently by the time they got to us most of the available food had been sold or not even loaded. We were later offered the duty free drinks menu and decided to purchase two bottles of gin. Again none available. If this airline wants to compete in international air travel then they need to buck up and get their act together. Next time I travel to North Cyprus it will be by the Short Route through South Cyprus and not endure the 10 hours flight via Turkey.
RouteStansted to Ercan via Istanbul