Pegasus Airlines

"buggy outdated payment system"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | Pegasus has buggy outdated payment system. We had to register and to pay for our pet (small dog). The only way to register is to call them and then to pay via phone. Pegasus rep will ask you for a first 8 digits of your credit card and will transfer you to the automatic dial system to complete the details via phone. And then your nightmare will come true. The phone system will return an random error during typing your credit card. Pegasus reps are aware of this bug and then advise your to continue typing again and again. However, it doesn't work - after 8 expensive phone calls and 24 tries to type the credit card details it failed. We typed carefully and tried 2 working cards - it was definitely the bug in the system. There was no alternative way of payment! Another Pegasus rep advised me to arrive earlier and tried to pay at the counter (praying no other pets will be at the flight because the limit is 3!). There was no senior supervisor to resolve this issue. A bonus line - people got stuck at the airport with their luggage because they accepted only credit card, no cash option. I helped other travelers paying with my credit card for their extra luggage. Each time we called we got different price for the pet ! 70 or 140 USD. During the final call a rep said it is 70 USD for sure, but in the airport they said 140! But during the payment their system changed it back to 70. Resume: if you flight with no luggage, pets etc it should be OK. Otherwise - stay away from this company.
RouteTel Aviv to Moscow via Istanbul
Date FlownMay 2022

"my card is unavailable for refund"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | I bought tickets of Pegasus Airlines in the early March 2022 because Russian airlines stopped flying abroad. In 10 days after that Pegasus announced that flight was cancelled. I chose the refund option and Pegasus sent me an email that my card is unavailable for refund. I replied providing my account details and asking about further steps. But after that Pegasus never replied. I tried to remind them several times, but they still keep silence
RouteMineralnye Vody to Istanbul
Date FlownMarch 2022

"they have been pretending to send money"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | I strongly advise against buying anything from this airline! Initially, they offered a voucher with an open date or money after covid. In 2021 I applied for tickets, since covid does not end, but they said that they would transfer the money and for 11 months as of now they have been pretending to send money. They lie about technical problems, but they don’t provide proof of translation attempts, that they claim they sent, even though I asked for 8 times!
RouteMoscow to Sharm el-Sheikh via Istanbul

"A disgrace"

Trip Verified | London to Istanbul. The most horrible and disgusting service I’ve received from anywhere. The staff are extremely unprofessional. He told me to go and contact my agent about the flight when I showed proof that my agent is FLYPGS (Pegasus airlines) then he told me he can’t help me. I ask to be put through to a manager and he also refused and told me he cannot help me. Our flight was cancelled twice by Pegasus, had I known what a disgusting and horrible airline they are I would’ve never booked with them. The plane itself is so tight and cramped you feel claustrophobic for the entire flight. The staff are extremely rude on the phone line as well as on the plane and airport. All they care about is keeping your money. I have now waited a whole week for a refund to only realise I’ve been refunded £30 instead of the whole ticket amount which was over £100. Avoid at all costs! Most disgusting airline and people. If I could give minus 10 stars I would. I will definitely be informing all my family and friends who travel to turkey to avoid this airline at all costs. A disgrace.
RouteLondon to Istanbul
Date FlownMarch 2022

"Charging a woman $100 for her purse"

(Lebanon)

Trip Verified | I had a bag and a purse with me at the gate, and they told me that I could only have one on the plane. Furthermore, they stated in a very disrespectful and mean manner that I either pay or do not board the flight. I didn't have euros, and after several attempts to explain that a purse is not luggage, they said I had to pay. I only had dollars, so they made me pay $100 USD and refused to exchange (they were charging 70 EUR) claiming they couldn't do it. I'm a frequent traveler, and I've been on all kinds of planes, but I've never seen anything like this before; it's a robbery. Charging a woman $100 for her purse. It is worth noting that I had the same luggage with me on my way to Barcelona and this did not occur.
RouteBarcelona to Beirut via Istanbul

"I missed my connection"

Trip Verified | The departure time was 5am, the flight was on time but the plane decided to wait for latecomers. We waited 2 hour in the departure lounge and then another 30 minutes in the plane. The captain tried to reassure everyone that we would make up the time. I missed my connection. Many people were ushered to hotel which took 1 hour before we got there. the reception at Miracle hotel was passable but the restaurant staff were arrogant to the point where they refused access to the Pegasus travellers. We were made to sit and wait.
RouteKarachi to Dalaman via Istanbul
Date FlownMarch 2022

"Would never recommend it"

Trip Verified | Would never recommend it. No service no management just catastrophic from Sabiha Goecken Airport Istanbul. Very long queues no one supporting, very rude staff. No one knows where to go, what to do. Worst service ever.
RouteStuttgart to Istanbul
Date FlownFebruary 2022

" will still recommend this airline given the price!"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Check-in is seamless using one of the kiosk. The baggage tag was also printed by the kiosk. Then head to the baggage drop area. The flight itself was okay. Have to pay extra for everything - pretty much like Ryanair in Europe or AirAsia in South East Asia. Inattentive flight attendants, they look unhappy to do their work. It gets you from point A to B. Period. I will still recommend this airline given the price!
RouteIstanbul to Dubai
Date FlownFebruary 2022

"Had two nice flights today"

Trip Verified | Had two nice flights today. Needed to get from Bucharest to Stansted. Was much cheaper to do this trip via Istanbul than any direct flight. I also has 5 hours to see Istanbul. So seemed to be nice aircraft. Modern trim. Comfortable seats. I had 3 seats to myself on both flights. Nice friendly staff with a smile. Nice food at reasonable prices. All on time except we had to hold for 15 minutes at Stansted. Don't normally review anything but thought this airline had some bad reviews so maybe they have improved.
AircraftBoeing 737-800 / A320
RouteBucharest to Stansted via Istanbul
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"Avoid at all costs!"

Trip Verified | Avoid at all costs! Flight cancelled. No SMS or email sent to inform us. No reason given by counter staff. All customers helplines telephone numbers either do not answer or speak in Turkish only. Staff extremely unhelpful. Missed flight connection to London and incurred additional hotel night in Istanbul. No hotel/food voucher given. They are cheap for a reason! You have been warned.
RouteKaysari to London via Istanbul