Pegasus Airlines

"I did not need a pet passport"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | They told me I cannot enter the plane with my pet even though I confirmed with their airline prior to the flight and with a vet which papers I would need. It even says on their website that I did not need a pet passport, that only flights to the EU require this. They admitted it was wrong, but they didn't do anything about it. No refund or anything. I had to speak to 10 employees and all of them were unprofessional and rude.
RouteIstanbul to Hurghada
Date FlownApril 2021

"tickets are burned and there is no refund"

(Turkey)

Trip Verified | Got to check in when it was still open. Tickets were bought with Turkish Residency card and were not matching with the HED code. For 20 mins staff were rejecting any try to fix the issue as we had a valid HES codes for each passenger. Because the system didn't recognise it they didn't allow us to go on board and I was left with two kids in airport. Immediately checked with management they said your tickets are burned and there is no refund, when the plane still didn't take off. Later the staff advised actually you supposed to link your HES code in a different way, after the flight is gone. This is unacceptable. Rude staff have us so much of stress and caused us money loss.
RouteAntalya to Istanbul
Date FlownMarch 2021

"staff were terribly unprofessional and unhelpful"

Not Verified | Was on my way back from Istanbul to Berlin, only to get denied boarding at the last minute with a group of some other passengers. The reason: you need to present a PCR test to fly to Germany with Pegasus specifically. The test was not required by German officials (we all called and even double checked with the health ministry). We were not even informed about this by the airline when we bought the ticket. We of course got several commercial emails to buy additional services but nothing about a required test. The staff were terribly unprofessional and unhelpful. Some even rude. We were there confused for hours trying to figure out what should we do. They took our passports(!) and disappeared for at least 1 hour leaving us confused in the international area of the airport. First saying we could book another flight, and then after wasting 4 hours of our time arguing with several incompetent employees who barely spoke English, turned out we had to re-enter the country, buy new tickets, do an unnecessary corona test, book a hotel for a night and return to Germany the next day. Terrible experience.
RouteIstanbul Sabiha Gokcen to Berlin
Date FlownOctober 2020

"the young cabin crew started screaming"

Trip Verified | Flight from Istanbul to Amsterdam. Flight number: WZ72JB - PC1253. I was after surgery, I tried to pay for water with my Netherlands card. Of course it is a problem if you don't have a visa. I needed to drink my pills after surgery but I couldn't pay so I didn't get any water. I thought I get could get one cup for free (I saw the cabin crew drinking from big bottles) but no. I felt very bad during the flight but nobody came to me. On landing people started to pick up their stuff, the young cabin crew started screaming that they must sit. It was not professional! Terrible service! I flight all the time and have never met people like on this flight. Also baggage! Before my flight I bought extra baggage - 20 kg - 15e but I didn't get any confirmation to my email or to my electronic ticket. Of course I had paid but there was a problem between the bank and Pegasus so I paid double because I had to buy my 20kg again at the airport.
Routeİstanbul to Amsterdam
Date FlownFebruary 2021

"never informed of the rule by email"

Trip Verified | Worst airline ever, I paid for extra baggage and on the way back the check in service told me that they will charge me extra because they wont count the sum weight of my two baggage which is by the way less than the extra that i paid for. I even called their customer service before my flight and asked them if they will calculate both baggage together and they said YES on the check in they wanted me to pay extra and said a new rule was made one day before my flight date. I was never informed of the rule by email or message or any way. So not reliable at all, even in their own rules.
RouteAmsterdam to Beirut via Istanbul
Date FlownFebruary 2021

"refuses to refund the fee"

(Bosnia and Herzegovina)

Trip Verified | Bought 2 tickets on Pegasus airlines to Istanbul with the special offer: Free changes! This meant that I could change my travels dates without paying the change fee, which was a great deal due to the current global pandemic. However, when I wanted to change my flight the mobile app and web app were both down. I called customer service and was told the system was being restarted and I could only make changes over the phone or wait. Since my flight was that day, and I needed to change it ASAP since Turkey had just announced they would be introducing restrictions and new measures that day. Obviously, I wasn't about to travel and needed to change my ticket. So I asked the customer service representative whether I could change my ticket free of charge over the phone since I had no other option (of no fault of my own). She said she would have to charge me the change fee and I could then ask for a refund which I would get since it wasn't my fault. After sending in 2 complaints and multiple emails, Pegasus airlines still refuses to refund the fee. Not to mention all the money I spent on the customer service call even though THEIR SYSTEM WAS DOWN.
RouteSarajevo to Istanbul
Date FlownNovember 2020

"they are not taking any measures regarding Covid"

(Serbia)

Not Verified | Flight from Antalya was late due to technical error and I asked to get off plane first because of timing for next flight (we were sitting in last rows) - something every decent company does and has understanding for when flight is delayed by the company. We had 30 minutes to get to next flight because of this delay. There was no understanding or help from flight attendants at all. In fact all I got was rude comments from them. Worst client service ever. I will never use this airline again. They act as if passengers are there for them and not the other way round. Planes are packed and no distance is provided, no disinfection on board, they are not taking any measures regarding Covid.
RouteAntalya to Belgrade via Istanbul
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"No social distancing during Covid"

Not Verified | Had a bad experience with customer service, the guy didn’t understand me and I ended up giving up and being charged for seats when I shouldn’t have been charged. Flight from Stansted to Antalya was terrible. No social distancing and flight attendants were not doing anything to help. We had a family all gathering around our chair and I had to complain before anything was done about it. Flight attendants were miserable and the flight was packed. No social distancing during Covid and so many people were not wearing masks and the attendants were not telling people to put them on. However flight on way back was good. Flight attendants were good, encouraged social distancing, told people to wear their masks and were always cleaning.
RouteStansted to Antalya
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"no one has contacted me"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | I bought a ticket from Krasnodar to Istanbul, arrived at the airport, and the flight was not canceled, it simply does not exist! the airline did not warn that the flight would not be. Tickets continue to be bought. I also bought tickets from Istanbul to Dalaman, which I also cannot use because I didn't fly out of Krasnodar. Wrote a complaint to the airline, at the moment no one has contacted me. Spent about $600 on a trip that I could not complete.
RouteKrasnodar to istanbul
Date FlownAugust 2020

"unhelpful customer service"

Not Verified | We booked a ticket to London from Istanbul for a holiday in July in late February. But because of the COVID -19 pandemic all our plans we’re ruined. We called them and they recommended us to turn our ticket into a open ticket as we would not be able to get a full refund. So we went with their word and turned it into an open ticket and every time we tried to reissue one ticket (we had to pay the difference) after the payment the system got crashed. We attempted 3 times to reissue and each time our payment went through without any confirmation.They took almost 3 months to give us those refunds. Very bad customer service and we lost hope and had to cancel our flight and lost £115 at the end. One of the worst and unhelpful customer service.
RouteIstanbul to London