Pegasus Airlines

"haven’t been issued refunds"

Trip Verified | On the 17th March I purchased a ticket to fly to Istanbul, Turkey from their website. There was no indication Turkey would close its border on the website, google etc due to COVID as it’s a very fluid situation. On the 18th when I arrived at the desk to check-in my bags I was informed that Turkey had now closed its borders due to COVID. I spoke to the manager and he told me I was due a full refund and to call the customer service hotline to instigate this. This was a major inconvenience as I was hoping for an instant refund and I ended up paying 1700 to fly to Dublin a few hours later. I was assured by their customer service a full refund would be issued and then heard nothing for a few weeks. They tried to claim I didn’t show up for the flight/I cancelled it myself and didn’t want to fly etc which wasn’t the case. Online there is dozens of complaints from other dissatisfied customers who haven’t been issued refunds and it seems this is the route the company is taking. They issued me with a refund of 23.56 euro which also doesn’t make sense? They didn't provide the service which I was entitled to and have absolutely no reason to be holding onto my money. I presented myself at the airport.
RouteDoha to Istanbul
Date FlownMarch 2020

"still nothing refunded"

Not Verified | Due to coronavirus flight got cancelled. Understandable. Flight tickets would be reimbursed. Understandable. Two months further still nothing refunded, chased them for weeks now: they responded; when the travel ban is lifted 2 months after you will receive the refund.
RouteAmsterdam to Istanbul
Date FlownApril 2020

"no online check-in in English"

(Kazakhstan)

Trip Verified | There is no online check-in website in English. Mobile application won't download. Once completed they do not issue or send you the boarding pass automatically but you need to do several other further steps to have it forwarded to your e-mail or phone all in Turkish. That's incomprehensible. Flight crew was courteous on the flight to Bishkek and the flight was nice.
RouteIstanbul to Bishkek

"Worst airline website"

Trip Verified | Sharjah to Beirut via Istanbul booked for later in March 2020. Worst airline website ever. Trying to contact Pegasus Airlines the whole day with more than one hour waiting time and no response. Waste of money and time Not recommended at all
RouteSharjah to Beirut via Istanbul
Date FlownMarch 2020

"my Bag has been damaged twice"

Not Verified | Doha to Berlin via Istanbul. I have flown with Pegasus airlines 3 times and out of the 3 times my Bag has been damaged twice and I have a strong bag, the bag was damaged in the corner which keep in mind is the strongest part of the bag. I have tried following up with them on this case however they have taken forever to reply and have not taken any care or shown me support they are nice to you however as the call is being recorded so they will be nice but show no effort in support towards me. I have been told that I was on the top of the list (they always say that to keep you pleased) however it has nearly been a week since they have replied with me being on "the top of the list" I am very unsatisfied with the treatment. I have also been sent or rather passed around in the airport as no one helped me, I was very tired from my flight so I headed home and continued via email which was my mistake. My father worked hard for the money he has earned and It has gona to waste as the bag has lost wheels and been cut open which resulted in some damage on the inside as well. I do not hope to see anyone get the same treatment as I did and wish you all the best. Thank you
RouteDoha to Berlin via Istanbul
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"situation was unacceptable"

(Greece)

Not Verified | Due to bad weather the plane could not land in Krasnodar airport, so the plane rerouted to Trabzon. The problem was that we stayed inside the Trabzon airport for 16 hours with minimum food and water. The situation was unacceptable, Pegasus Airlines did not allow us to leave the airport neither gave us any information about the issue.
RouteAthens to Krasnodar
Date FlownDecember 2019

"sleep on the airport chairs"

Trip Verified | They cancelled the flight on us during return back to Istanbul due to Sabiha airport problems leaving our flight with another airline to catch at extreme jeopardy. I realize that airport issues are beyond their control. However, what I was very disappointed at is that their rep was not forthcoming with information, he played with words giving us false hope that the flight was just delayed (even displayed as such on the airport departure board) while in fact the flight was cancelled. His job was just to give passengers false hope. Only when I persisted on him that I had another flight to catch when he said, buy with another airline. The next flight was half a day away, Pegasus did not offer any accommodation or food to any passenger. My kids and I had to sleep on the airport chairs for the night until the next day afternoon. Was horrible experience. I came to learn days after that Pegasus was supposed to provide us with accommodation and meals .. too late. Let me recommend this, make this airline you absolute last resort .. and it is not family friendly. There were only two families with kids in the flight we used. They won't even give the kids a sip of water unless you pay ridiculous price. The seats do not recline and do not have charging ports. On the bright side, they were flexible with weight (on our outbound flight) and they refunded me the unused portion of the flight.
AircraftAC320
RouteIstanbul to Doha

"Very incompetent staff"

(Antigua and Barbuda)

Trip Verified | Very incompetent staff. My flight was from Antalya to Amsterdam connecting to Reykjavik with Icelandair. The check oin officer was supposed to check my bags from Antalya to Amsterdam as my arrival time to Istanbul was 9 am and my flight to Amsterdam was at 1030. By the time I collected my bags the counter was closed. I tried to get help but was asked to talk to many incompetent people including the manager and sales office with no benefit. I had to buy new tickets through Turkish airlines. Avoid Pegasus airlines at all costs.
RouteAntalya to Istanbul
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"lady at the desk said we were late"

Trip Verified | Istanbul to Stansted. I wouldn't fly with Pegasus Airlines ever again. £200 less than BA but I was made to book another flight because we were 4 mins late before the gate closed. We had our daughter with us who is 17 months. We had already done online checkin! All we had to do was drop our bags off. The lady at the desk said we were late. I asked to speak to the Manager. No one came and at this point I knew i had to pay for another flight so I said just get me on another flight as we were only away for 4 days. i had to pay £379.20 on the spot. Didn't accept Credit card. Customer service was shocking!
RouteIstanbul to Stansted

"Worst travel experience"

(Kuwait)

Trip Verified | Istanbul to Kuwait. I had arrived the airport 2 hours and half before the flight and though we could not make it to the plane. I was surprised when first arrived pegasus counters to discover the all flights are served together, no matter when and where the flights go. No employee to arrange the crowd, everybody was just waiting his turn. Finally we got our boarding pass and to find out 45 minutes left to fly . Even the direction signs were not clear to differentiate domestic from international passport control. Few minutes later I found myself standing in another long row. I had finished that stage and got the departure stamp on our passports to catch up the gate after 5 minutes behind schedule, but the plane and the shuttle bus were still avail. I could not get in. then I went to Pegasus office and they let me and my family go into Turkey again to stay for any upcoming flight and stay in any hotel on my charge. Worst travel experience for a family ever. Never try this low cost company.
RouteIstanbul to Kuwait