Pegasus Airlines

"a great flight"

Trip Verified | On October 6th I flew from Beirut to Marseille via Istanbul on Pegasus Airlines. On my transit stop I was able to visit a business lounge in Istanbul airport(SAW). Was able to relax and wait for my next flight in comfort. Overall a great flight. I will always fly Pegasus given a chance.
RouteBeirut to Marseille via Sabiha Gökçen
Date FlownOctober 2018

"we missed our flight"

(Lebanon)

Trip Verified | I flew Pegasus from Beirut to Istanbul last week - rude flight attendants. It was a dirty aircraft with dirty bathrooms. People kept on trying to open the air vents above their heads, but no air come through. Everything on this airplane was for money. No screen, maps or No food. Moreover, on our day back to Beirut, they have changed the flight time an hour and didnt inform us about that - we missed our flight because of them and they have cancelled our ticket to Beirut and made us pay another one way ticket. However, we were not that stupid to use that plane again, we booked on Middle East Airlines. I would pay a few more dollars to avoid the worst airline conditions I've experienced.
RouteBeirut to Istanbul
Date FlownOctober 2018

"seemed to be very few cabin staff"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Dalaman. I booked a flight months before as was travelling independently to Turkey. Pegasus was the best price for the flight times. Unfortunately as the Pegasus site seemed to run slow and never complete the booking, I booked via Olympic Holidays. The disadvantage of this was that you could not pre book seats/meals with either as Pegasus could not clearly use an Olympic reference and Olympic could not book any extras. At Gatwick airport check in was far too slow and it took 1 hour and 20 minutes. I asked politely for a window seat and was allocated. The flight was not announced until 19:40 for a scheduled departure at 20:10. Clearly we were not going to leave on time. The flight was fine but there seemed to be very few cabin staff so it took a long time for each sequence of drinks and food to occur. It is difficult for the staff & passengers as all the prices were in Euros despite being a Turkish Airline but they do have a lot of routed in the Euro Zone. The crew ran out of change for sterling and this again occurred on the return flight. Passengers assisted and I gather from one crew member this is not uncommon. What happens if they simply cannot obtain change? This took up a considerable amount of time. Pegasus support your crew with sufficient float! On the return journey, check in seemed late opening, I requested a window seat, the man dismissed the request saying seats already allocated. It was a rather bumpy landing at Gatwick but all was well. I decided to book for the same journey for September 2019 as the Facebook page was offering Summer 2019 flights. However none are available, other airlines have started booking
RouteGatwick to Dalaman
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"something was lost in translation"

Not Verified | I recently flew with Pegasus to North Cyprus via Turkey. Taking advantage of their pre flight menu I ordered Mushroom Risotto and my wife ordered Chicken Schnitzel. It would appear that something was lost in translation. My Risotto manifested itself into Ravioli and my wife's choice was like the sacrificial lamb. Never again. On the return journey we hoped to choose from the on board flight menu, but sitting in row 20 we where served last and consequently by the time they got to us most of the available food had been sold or not even loaded. We were later offered the duty free drinks menu and decided to purchase two bottles of gin. Again none available. If this airline wants to compete in international air travel then they need to buck up and get their act together. Next time I travel to North Cyprus it will be by the Short Route through South Cyprus and not endure the 10 hours flight via Turkey.
RouteStansted to Ercan via Istanbul
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"the crew seemed very tired"

Trip Verified | SAW-SXF: Boarding was a huge mess. They first announced people of zone "A" would first board. I was zone B, so I waited but they actually never called zone B, so I was one of the last pax to board which meant there was almost no overhead space left. Plane was packed. Aircraft was a 2-year-old A320neo (TC-NBE). The seat was alright, it didn't recline and they weren't really comfortable but that's what you get when you fly low-cost. No IFE, no overhead screens to see flight stats. Took off and landed on time. SXF-SAW: Boarding was a little better as they didn't mention any zones. Had seat 3C, 3A and 3B were empty. Aircraft was a 6-year-old B738 (TC-CPE), though the seats were the same as the newer A320neo, so they didn't recline either. Plane was dirty as the crew only had like 5 minutes to clean the aircraft. I flew with Pegasus B738 plenty of times before and they had overhead screens for flight stats, but Pegasus either had them removed or they don't use them anymore. Took off on time, landed early but landing was very rough. On both flights the crew seemed very tired and like they didn't really care about their job. They weren't really good in English. Also one thing I noticed on both flights was how they just put a plastic soap bottle bought off a dollar store in the lavatories.
AircraftA320neo
RouteIstanbul to Berlin

"very, very disappointed"

Trip Verified | Istanbul to London. It was a terrible experience. I was waiting in the queue to check in, the queue was very long and I had to wait more than an hour, when I finally reached the desk, the member of staff told me that I can't do a check in because it's less than 60 min left to my flight (it was 58 min) and he advised me to speak with supervisor. I went to speak with supervisor who was dealing with other unhappy customers (many of them). At first she didn't even pay attention when I came to talk to her, after waiting around 15 min she told me that she can't do anything about it and told me to go to Pegasus ticket desk, when I went there the member of staff told me that they can't do anything about that as well, as I had to arrive earlier to the airport (not sure how early that should be). She said that there is another flight to London however the plane is full and she advised me to check with other airlines. Thank you Pegasus for such a "great service". I had to buy 2 more flight tickets which were not cheap. I'm very, very disappointed, I wanted to save money, but finally I just spent way more. I asked for a refund but all I've been told was that I wasn't present at check in desk 60 min before flight so there is nothing what they can do. I will never fly with Pegasus again and I will advise others of the same.
RouteIstanbul to London
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"I will avoid if possible"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Brussels to Beirut via Istanbul. I will avoid if possible. 40 min delay and broken seat, customers that use this are also terrible, caused extra delays. I bought last minute (expensive) tickets so value for money not good
RouteBrussels to Beirut via Istanbul

"get what you pay for"

Trip Verified | Dubai to Stansted via Istanbul. Budget airline, cramped and uncomfortable, no in flight entertainment (ok with one of those neck pillows you can buy) but less than half the price of the likes of Emirates / Etihad. However they should accept all types of credit card (my UAE one wouldn’t work but luckily I had cash for water!) They get you on and off the plane speedily. Not sure why people are complaining, you get what you pay for. Very friendly staff too working with what they are given to provide a great service on a not so great plane.
RouteDubai to Stansted via Istanbul
Date FlownAugust 2018

"tables covered with filth"

Trip Verified | London to Izmir. You usually know what to expect with a low company but this one beats them all. Took back and forth and exactly the same issues - flight is late and no information communicated. Most disgusting planes ever with all tables covered with filth probably never washed, seat pockets are the same with food pieces and drink smears everywhere. Most seats are broken and I flew almost with my front neighbours seat in my face. Toilets smell - a bonus. Basic safety rules disregarded on both flights - hostesses are not checking if passengers have seat belt a on etc - people were jumping out of their chairs as soon as we were on cruising speed on land which is strictly forbidden - we did not even have an English presentation of the safety rules - only Turkish. The food is close to vile and prices are ridiculous - 14 euros! Captain did not say anything during our flight. Most seats were broken and arm rests taped! 1st flight our plane still smelt of cigarette - looked like a plane from the 80s. Funny thing tickets were not that cheap either! Just thankful I got where I needed in one piece but will never use them again even at the price of not flying direct.
RouteLondon to Izmir

"a terrible experience"

(Jordan)

Trip Verified | Amman to Antalya. It was a terrible experience, they broke my check in bag, it’s expensive and good quality bag. And, their employees don’t aware about company rules, I resrved a business flex, so, I have 20 kg check in and 12 kg carry on, but the employee at the check in counter asked me to remove a 3 kg from 11 kg carry on bag! Honestly they are terrible.
RouteAmman to Antalya