Pegasus Airlines

"worst experience I have had"

(Cyprus)

Trip Verified | We arrived at the airport 1.5 hours before check in with my husband and 2 kids, age 3 and 6. We queued for 20 minutes at a very slow check in where they informed us that out PCR tests should be in printed form and not on our phones. I said that we were not informed about that and that were on a holiday for 2 nights without printers. The lady with her little English was rude telling us that everyone else knew about this except us. She told is to go at a shop 10 meters away were we could print our tests and so we did. We got back 5 minutes after only to tell is that check in is closed and we should buy new tickets for the next flight, while she was walking away with her back on us. And so we bought new tickets for the flight 4 hours later. When checkin was open for the next flight we waited for 20 mins where they informed us that our PCR tests do not have a QR code on them and they will not accept us on the flight. We paid a private clinic to come to the hotel and do the tests and due to lack of information from both the company this happened. We managed to find our QR codes and go print them AGAIN . Communicating in English was very hard , and everyone was rude and did not seem to want to help or be u understanding. This is the worst experience I have had and I will never be back.
RouteIstanbul to Lefkosa
Date FlownOctober 2021

"accept the fact that you get what you pay for"

(Turkey)

Trip Verified | Take-off and landing was right on-time, which usually is an issue for European low budget airlines. Service is good, prices are cheap for in-flight catering. Seats might surely be more comfortable but you shall accept the fact that you get what you pay for. Pegasus eventually became my go-to airline for short haul domestic Turkish flights with its high price-quality ratio.
RouteBodrum to Ankara
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"I highly do not recommend Pegasus Airlines"

(Lebanon)

Not Verified | I highly do not recommend Pegasus Airlines. As I was flying back to Beirut from Istanbul, a women from the airlines stopped me at the gate to check the weight of my carry on (that was already approved at the check-in) and obliged me to pay 100$ for the extra 2kg! She was very mean, impolite, unprofessional and unethical. She was talking to me in an unacceptable way, saying unacceptable words and repeatedly told me that she won't let me get on board without paying or she will throw away my baggage. On the website of the airline there is no mention of 100$ for 2 extra kg, they don't answer nor reply. No wonder Pegasus Airlines seems to be the 'cheapest' airline, they know other ways in stealing the clients money. Surely, no one I know will ever use Pegasus.
RouteIstanbul to Beirut
Date FlownJuly 2021

"Pretty good overall"

(Turkey)

Trip Verified | Smooth check-in, punctual take-off and landing, smiling crew. Booked the first row, adequate leg space. Middle seat is a bit cramped though, better choose window or aisle seats. No problem at all for a short haul flight. Pretty good overall. Highly satisfactory for a budget airline.
RouteAnkara to Bodrum
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"I didn't have a medical insurance"

Trip Verified | My flight got cancelled from Istanbul to Amman due to the lack of information for the documents that needed to enter to Amman .. you need a negative PCR test, payment for the PCR test at Amman airport and a Medical Insurance. No staff mentioned "the medical insurance" until I got to the boarding, the staff told me I cant travel because I didn't have a medical insurance. If they told me while I was checking in, I would have time to make it and I will travel that day. They canceled my flight at the door and I didn't get any money back .
RouteIstanbul to Amman
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"do not ever fly Pegasus"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | Avoid flying Pegasus Airlines. Flight was delayed on the departure by 30 minutes due to late arrival, after take off pilot announced there are some technical troubles and we need to return to Prague, saying it will take around 30 minutes to fix. It was 1 hour and 45 minutes before we were in the air again. Service on board very terrible. "Due to Covid", as the flight attendant said, they do not provide any onboard food apart of basic snacks. Seat comfortable. Flight was diverted due to not clear reasons to another airport where no one was able to say what is going on. Crew disappeared and no information was shared. I was able to get what is going on only because my seat was in second row. No communication what so ever through speaker, after some time passengers who transfer could get out. It took almost 4 hours before they let anyone out and plane departed to original destination. Only 0.2 liter bottle of water was provided to us, terrible service from the crew and weak communication. I understand the reasons behind diverting flight to different airport were not caused by airline but the initial delay and lack of any communication after landing was the worse. For your own safety and piece of mind, do not ever fly Pegasus.
RoutePrague to Istanbul
Date FlownAugust 2021

"Worst ground staff service"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Ground staff comprehension skills are so low. I had an approval from my destination country that mentions “exempted from quarantine”, the ground staff were insisting for me to have hotel quarantine and held me for more than 30mins! They tried calling for other colleagues and was unsure of what they are doing. I ended up going back on the line without even a proper explanation. Worst ground staff service ever.
RouteTbilisi to Doha via Istanbul
Date FlownAugust 2021

"three days for delivery of my luggage"

Trip Verified | Preflight and during were fine, average what you expect from a budget airline. Upon arriving in Istanbul, I found out my luggage wasn't there. Because another flight came in in 2 days, I had to wait three days for delivery of my luggage. Customer service and communication were okay. Contact couldn't be done through email though. Pegasus Airlines' desk at the airport told me it was the mistake of the luggage handling company at the airport I was flying from. However, the luggage handling company told me it was the other way around. To save time I didn't take it to 'court'.
RouteAmsterdam to Istanbul
Date FlownMarch 2021

"the poorest communication management system"

(Qatar)

Trip Verified | Such a disastrous airline with the poorest communication management system. I was supposed to fly from Doha to Tiblisi via Istanbul this morning but they did not allow me to check in as I didn’t carry a PCR test which was earlier informed as not required as I am fully vaccinated. There was no communication from the airlines about the latest requirement set by them and they surprised me at the counter and behaved so rudely towards me. Their website wasn’t updated and moreover their customer service rep confirmed that PCR is not required if your final destination is Georgia as I’m vaccinated. They made a huge chaos in my life and were not even ready to accept their fault. When I raised it as a concern they blamed me for not calling them or checking with them about the requirements whereas their website has outdated information and their so called customer service representative also provided false information. Who will compensate me for the time and money I spent during the whole chaos? Such a useless airlines and customer support.
RouteDoha to Tiblisi via Turkey
Date FlownJuly 2021

" I was not permitted to board"

(Ukraine)

Trip Verified | Using the services of Pegasus Airlines - you do it at your own risk. I was able to make sure of this a few days ago, when from Istanbul, where I was in transit, I was not permitted to board on the flight to Manchester. According to UK regulations, the arriving in the country must fill out a form and pay for a COVID home test kit, for self-control after arrival. However, for some categories there is a formal exception to the rule. When boarding the flight, I presented all the necessary documents confirming that an exception to the general rule applies to me. However, the airline employees refused to let me on the flight due to the lack of the mentioned COVID home test kit. When the situation cleared up, my plane had already departed. I was not offered any compensation or a replacement ticket, the manager behaved rudely. I do not recommend using the services of this airline.
RouteLviv to Manchester via Istanbul