Olympic Air

"Great service and great people"

Trip Verified | The self check in was extremely busy especially because of the congestion at the Athens Airport. However, Aegean/Olympic agents were helpful and move me fast. Flight was on time and the ATR was clean, comfortable; food service and beverages was very generous. I found out that the Athens-Malta leg is run under the Olympic brand and they feed you well. Indeed, they announced Olympic when they went on air, but I was holding a Aegean Ticket. This is when I found out that its a double brand. We arrive on time in Malta. It was an ATR aircraft so I was not expecting any sort of in-flight entertainment and WiFi. Its was a short leg. I would love to fly Aegean/Olympic again. Great service and great people, distinctively Greek.
AircraftATR
RouteAthens to Malta
Date FlownAugust 2019

"charge of 70 euros for luggage"

Trip Verified | Heraklion to Athens. My husband and I were very disappointed with the unexpected charge of 70 euros (35 each) for our luggage. We were on our way back to Athens from Heraklion after almost 2 weeks of travelling to different islands with our 2 luggage (where are you supposed to leave them?). Finally, we were returning to Athens to catch our flight home and the attendant at the desk told us we had to pay for the luggage. After trying to explain to her, unsuccessfully, the situation, she kept going in circles. Where’s the courtesy to tourists who are coming to the country to spend their money, sounds like abuse to me. Well, I know I sound bitter, and I am. I don’t think is fair.
RouteHeraklion to Athens

"last minute delays"

(Lebanon)

Trip Verified | Chania to Athens. Be aware of this airline delays. I lost 1 day of my 4 days vacation due to their last minute delays. It's sad that during summer morning flights should be delayed.
RouteChania to Athens
Date FlownAugust 2019

"other flight wouldn’t wait"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Santorini to Istanbul via Athens. Santorini flight to Athens delayed 2 hrs. The other flight in transit from Athens to Istanbul same airline (Olympic / aegean) wouldn’t wait although only around 30 mins behind schedule. In result, they gave us another flight 9 hrs later from Athens to Istanbul. And as a result, we couldn’t able to catch our third flight from Istanbul to ASR. We had to deal with the flight to ASR ourselves with Turkish airline. They cannot able to help although they are partners. We had to get the flight on the next day to ASR from Istanbul. All the things planned and hotel are ruined.
RouteSantorini to Istanbul via Athens

"Worst check-in experience"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Athens to Sitia. Passengers are forced by ground staff at ATH to use the self-tagging system of luggage without any efficient help or guidance. Response of indifferent handling agents: “It is the company’s policy”. Worst check-in experience ever. Cabin crew should better get rid of haughty attitude towards passengers and shape up with some professionalism…
AircraftDash 8 Q400
RouteAthens to Sitia
Date FlownJuly 2019

Olympic Air customer review

Not Verified | Athens to Chios. The staff was very nice and polite. How short the flight may be, 45 min. including take off and landing, they were still serving snacks and refreshments. I am a tall person, 1,85, so the seats were a bit small, but that was no problem at all. Because it is a small airplane. When our baggage was delayed last year, it was handled very well, they flew it in the same day on the next flight. Over all it isn't for nothing that it is the best domestic airline!
AircraftDash 8 Q400
RouteAthens to Chios
Date FlownJuly 2019

"flight itself was fine"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Rhodes to Athens with Olympic Air. The flight itself was fine. The A320 was clean, with those typical hard-cushioned thinner type seats albeit with good legroom. You also get a free sugar kick via a paper cup of coke, a cookie and a candy in a swift non-dentist-friendly service which is not much, yet already 3x more than what you get on an LCC. Engaged FAs with a certain flair also add to the appeal. The problem was that the flight was delayed for over an hour yet no one considered it a good idea to inform people already queing up at the gate. It was only 5 mins after the original departure time (still on the gate screen) that a ground handling lady showed up to inform passengers that the plane hadn't taken off yet from Athens, so she couldn't really say when we would fly. Why on earth would A3 just let people go airside at what is easily one of the busiest airports per square ft, just to try to find a spot to seat for hours with no info? And even if the airport staff at Rhodes is overwhelmed, why don't you use the app to inform passengers? As I type this, I see that the Sunday flight was also an hour and 15 mins late. Is that a pattern? Bottom line, if you are booking your flights independently, allow plenty of slack for your connecting flights as high season ramps up.
RouteRhodes to Athens
Date FlownJune 2019

10th July 2019 : Olympic Air response

Dear Passenger, we were sorry when we read your less than favorable review. We assure you that our aim is to always depart on time, however, there are occasions when flights may be delayed for reasons which rest well beyond the operating carrier’s control. In any case, we have already shared your comments regarding the handling procedure to our colleagues at Ground operations team for further evaluation. Nonetheless, your feedback is much appreciated and we do hope to host you on board soon. Thank you.

"Seat space was so limited"

Trip Verified | Olympic Air flight from Athens to Rhodes was operated by Aegean. The flight departed on time and reached destination on time. No food or beverages served on 1 hour flight. Seat space was so limited. Very disappointing.
RouteAthens to Rhodes
Date FlownJuly 2018

15th March 2019 : Olympic Air response

Dear Mr. Papalamprou, we are sorry we did not meet your expectations. In domestic flights, only snacks and refreshments are served due to limited duration of flight. Moreover, for your next travel with us, we would like to inform you that you may select a seat which meets your preferences [https://bit.ly/2qVpG4l]. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you soon on board.

"better service, lower price"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Direct flight a new service from Athens to Catania and return. It was full of Italian tourists returning home. I asked them why they do not travel with Alitalia. They replied that they got better service, lower price and they do not have to go via fiumicino.
RouteAthens to Catania
Date FlownJune 2018

6th December 2018 : Olympic Air response

Dear Mr. Koumiotis, Thank you so much for sharing this feedback with us. We hope that you also enjoyed your journey with us and it will be our pleasure to welcome you on board any time you wish!

"there are always problems"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Kefalonia to Athens. I fly Olympic regularly between Athens and Kefalonia and there are always problems. This trip, the online check in failed. At the airport I had to pay 5 euro for extra leg room and it took them an hour to process the payment. Then I was told the plane was so full my hand baggage had to go in the hold. The plane was not full and there was plenty of space in the overhead storage. Needless to say, the flight was late and on arrival in Athens the baggage took a long time to arrive. Avoid if possible.
RouteKefalonia to Athens
Date FlownSeptember 2018

27th September 2018 : Olympic Air response

Dear Mr. Barritt, we are sorry to read your less than favorable review regarding your recent trip with us. Indeed, if your carry-on baggage is within the allowable limits but there is not sufficient space in the cabin, you will be asked to check it for free carriage in the hold. Additionally, we would like to assure you that we do our best, in order for our flights to depart as scheduled. However there are several factors such as weather conditions, which may lead to delays/cancellations. If you need us to check something specific we advise you to contact our Customer Relations via the form under the following link: https://en.aegeanair.com/contact/. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.