Olympic Air

"flight itself was fine"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Rhodes to Athens with Olympic Air. The flight itself was fine. The A320 was clean, with those typical hard-cushioned thinner type seats albeit with good legroom. You also get a free sugar kick via a paper cup of coke, a cookie and a candy in a swift non-dentist-friendly service which is not much, yet already 3x more than what you get on an LCC. Engaged FAs with a certain flair also add to the appeal. The problem was that the flight was delayed for over an hour yet no one considered it a good idea to inform people already queing up at the gate. It was only 5 mins after the original departure time (still on the gate screen) that a ground handling lady showed up to inform passengers that the plane hadn't taken off yet from Athens, so she couldn't really say when we would fly. Why on earth would A3 just let people go airside at what is easily one of the busiest airports per square ft, just to try to find a spot to seat for hours with no info? And even if the airport staff at Rhodes is overwhelmed, why don't you use the app to inform passengers? As I type this, I see that the Sunday flight was also an hour and 15 mins late. Is that a pattern? Bottom line, if you are booking your flights independently, allow plenty of slack for your connecting flights as high season ramps up.
RouteRhodes to Athens
Date FlownJune 2019

10th July 2019 : Olympic Air response

Dear Passenger, we were sorry when we read your less than favorable review. We assure you that our aim is to always depart on time, however, there are occasions when flights may be delayed for reasons which rest well beyond the operating carrier’s control. In any case, we have already shared your comments regarding the handling procedure to our colleagues at Ground operations team for further evaluation. Nonetheless, your feedback is much appreciated and we do hope to host you on board soon. Thank you.

"Seat space was so limited"

Trip Verified | Olympic Air flight from Athens to Rhodes was operated by Aegean. The flight departed on time and reached destination on time. No food or beverages served on 1 hour flight. Seat space was so limited. Very disappointing.
RouteAthens to Rhodes
Date FlownJuly 2018

15th March 2019 : Olympic Air response

Dear Mr. Papalamprou, we are sorry we did not meet your expectations. In domestic flights, only snacks and refreshments are served due to limited duration of flight. Moreover, for your next travel with us, we would like to inform you that you may select a seat which meets your preferences [https://bit.ly/2qVpG4l]. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you soon on board.

"better service, lower price"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Direct flight a new service from Athens to Catania and return. It was full of Italian tourists returning home. I asked them why they do not travel with Alitalia. They replied that they got better service, lower price and they do not have to go via fiumicino.
RouteAthens to Catania
Date FlownJune 2018

6th December 2018 : Olympic Air response

Dear Mr. Koumiotis, Thank you so much for sharing this feedback with us. We hope that you also enjoyed your journey with us and it will be our pleasure to welcome you on board any time you wish!

"there are always problems"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Kefalonia to Athens. I fly Olympic regularly between Athens and Kefalonia and there are always problems. This trip, the online check in failed. At the airport I had to pay 5 euro for extra leg room and it took them an hour to process the payment. Then I was told the plane was so full my hand baggage had to go in the hold. The plane was not full and there was plenty of space in the overhead storage. Needless to say, the flight was late and on arrival in Athens the baggage took a long time to arrive. Avoid if possible.
RouteKefalonia to Athens
Date FlownSeptember 2018

27th September 2018 : Olympic Air response

Dear Mr. Barritt, we are sorry to read your less than favorable review regarding your recent trip with us. Indeed, if your carry-on baggage is within the allowable limits but there is not sufficient space in the cabin, you will be asked to check it for free carriage in the hold. Additionally, we would like to assure you that we do our best, in order for our flights to depart as scheduled. However there are several factors such as weather conditions, which may lead to delays/cancellations. If you need us to check something specific we advise you to contact our Customer Relations via the form under the following link: https://en.aegeanair.com/contact/. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.

"the worst airline"

Trip Verified | Myself and my girlfriend had a flight from Milos to Athens today 27/08/2018 arriving at 2pm to catch another 2 connection flights to Slovenia from Athens. For some reason the aircraft was small for the number of passengers booked in that flight, so they decided to leave us out together with some other passengers, giving 250 euros to compensate this mistake. The problem is we had to buy new flights for tomorrow morning which cost 700 dollars plus the accomodation and transport in Athens, plus I've been trying to contact their customer service for over 3 hours and no one picks the phone. It was definitely the worst airline I have dealt with.
RouteMilos to Athens
Date FlownAugust 2018

5th September 2018 : Olympic Air response

Dear Mr. Badia, we are sorry to read your less than favorable review regarding your recent trip with us. Kindly note that in case of a flight irregularity, we always follow the European Regulation 261/2004 in regards to our passengers compensations and reprotections. For further information regarding the specific case you may contact us via the form under the following link: https://www.olympicair.com/en/OlympicAir/ContactForm . Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.

"not recommend this airline"

Trip Verified | I had my flight booked in the evening at 23:00 from Chania to Athens. Due to unforseen circumstances my partner had to leave earlier in the morning to a different destination. I was at Chania airport from 11am for that reason and I asked at the Olympic Air desk about availability of earlier flights instead of waiting alone till 11pm at the airport. I found the staff very unhelpful reporting that there are seats left at the 18:00 flight but I have to pay 60 euros extra fee for the change of flight. I was expecting a little bit more understanding, especially since they saw me standing there all day in front of them until 5pm. I value kindness and morality above money, but clearly this is not the case for this company. I would not recommend this airline for that reason.
RouteChania to Athens
Date FlownAugust 2018

16th August 2018 : Olympic Air response

Dear Mr. Karagoumis, We are sorry to hear that you feel this way regarding the information provided. As explained in detail in our webpage, we confirm that booking modifications can be completed according to the fare rules of each ticket and therefore our colleagues informed you accordingly. Please, also note that you are able to modify your ticket or receive any type of information by contacting our Call Center, on a 24 hour basis (+302106261000). We thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and have shared your comments with the involved departments for their further knowledge.

"I would fly again"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Athens to Catania. Direct excellent flight, everything was on schedule, departure, flight time and arrival at Catania Airport. Service was excellent though not enough space in the aircraft. This is why the airplane was fully booked from Italian tourists. I would fly again. I saved valuable time instead of flying via Rome.
RouteAthens to Catania
Date FlownJune 2018

2nd July 2018 : Olympic Air response

Dear Mr. Leventis, we thank you for your feedback as well as for your notes on our seating plans. We would like to ensure you that our seating charts are carefully planned to ensure comfort throughout your trip. Once again, we thank you for your kind words and would be very glad to welcome you on board again soon!

"Cabin crew were friendly"

(Czech Republic)

Verified Review | Athens to Tirana. After 4 hour waiting in Athens the smooth boarding process started. Bus transfer to the propeller aircraft. The flight was full and just took 1 hour 20 minutes. Usually on such short intra european flights there is no inclusive meal service. To my surprise, direct after take-off a sandwich was served with free beverages, beer or wine. Thereafter coffee or tea with a small cookie. Like european flights 20 years ago. Cabin crew were friendly and we landed on time in Tirana.
AircraftDHC-8 400
RouteAthens to Tirana

4th October 2017 : Olympic Air response

Dear Mr. Bolander, thank you for your kind words regarding our crew and services on board. The best reward for us, is to receive positive feedback from our customers indicating that our constant efforts for providing best quality services are on the right path. We are looking forward to welcome you on board in the near future!

"it was a pity that the flight was so short"

Verified Review | Flew Milos to Athens. I always like to fly Olympic Air (and Aegean) because I love the product these airlines offer, and this flight fulfilled my expectations. First of all the flight time is not even 25 minutes. The cabin was very clean and fresh, we had a great flight attendant who was a shining example for the industry: professional, friendly and caring. She handled (alone!) the fourty-seater, fully booked plane effortlessly. It is amazing that on such a short hop you get a choice of beverages and a snack. Great Job Olympic, it was a pity that the flight was so short.
AircraftATR 42-600
RouteMilos to Athens

2nd October 2017 : Olympic Air response

Dear Mr. Doukas, , we are certainly thankful for sharing your positive review, as we are really happy to know that you’ve enjoyed your recent trip with us. We would love to always offer you pleasant travels that shall meet your expectations while we do look forward to welcoming you on board very soon again! Thank you so much!

"Highly recommended"

(Qatar)

Verified Review | Kavala to Athens. Flight departed on time. Smooth boarding. Crew were extremely professional and polite. Snacks and beverages were served. Smooth arrival at Athens International Airport. Baggage delivery was fast. Highly recommended.
AircraftDH8D
RouteKavala to Athens

8th September 2017 : Olympic Air response

Mr. Konstantinidis, thank you for your kind words regarding our crew and services on board, as well as for your generous review! We deeply appreciate your warm comments. We will be pleased to host you again on our future flights! Thank you!