Malindo Air

"Everyone was courteous and pleasant"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Took a flight from Langkawi to Subang, with my 2 kids (2 and 5). I must say, I felt welcomed and they treated me well considering I had to take care of 2 very hyper children. At the boarding area, the staff actually approached me and asked which destination I was heading to and the main reason why I picked Malindo is because of the service of letting family with children be boarded first. That helps alot. Parents, please take note. Everyone was courteous and pleasent. Thank you Malindo! Will definitely fly with Malindo again.
AircraftATR Turboprop
RouteLangkawi to Subang
Date FlownNovember 2018

"Boarding took forever"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Phuket to Kuala Lumpur. One of the worst airlines. Boarding took forever. We waiting in the bus for 30 minutes because we waiting for another passenger to fill the bus. The cabin crew look tired. No more again.
RoutePhuket to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownMarch 2019

"downgraded a lot since 2017"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Denpasar Bali. I flew with it before and never expected a lot of trouble this time. The seat I booked 8A was classed in the website as a window seat. But when I went into the aircraft (a B737-8) it had no window at all. There was a lot of noises from the kids on board but the air crew seemed to give no help on them. On the return flight same noises issue happened and no help. Inside the plane it was particularly hot though we put on aircon to maximum level pointing towards me. Meal is still complimentary however it has been downgraded a lot since 2017 and looks very simple now. They put out the snacks (bread bun, butter, peanuts and water) for the set. Water is free but you have to ask from another stewardess who gives out drink, if you want to choose any other types you have to pay extra. Staff attitude towards me was still okay which is only good thing. They let me have a second meal. I still keep Malindo as one of my choices cuz of its cheaper prices to MH (sometimes). When I only need are a plane to fetch me from A to B, checked bags with no add-on fares, some food on board so I'm not too bored and hungry, and bit of leg room on my seat in a short haul. Never fly on this airline if you expect high standards and want many comforts in your flight. Travelling for leisure, vacations etc. You will be very disappointed.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Denpasar Bali
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"Avoid this airline at all costs"

Not Verified | Melbourne to Denpasar with Malindo Air. Avoid this airline at all costs. Delays are inevitable, but poor communication, staff that don't smile, ground staff that lie to you, bags that go missing, inedible food, uncomfortable seats are all a choice.
RouteMelbourne to Denpasar

Malindo Air customer review

Trip Verified | Delhi to Bali via Kuala Lumpur. The behaviour of staff was not good. They refused to serve refreshments complimentary. For head phones you have to pay or travel without entertainment and refreshments. Overall not recommended to travel by Malindo Air. Better opt for AirAsia for economical flight..
RouteDelhi to Bali via Kuala Lumpur

"AirAsia is better"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Kolkata to Kuala Lumpur. Flight was on Time, Food tasty but less quantity. Spacious leg space.In Flight Entertainment good but Headphone not provided. The behavior of Cabin crew lead was very bad. For me AirAsia is better than this flight.
RouteKolkata to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"they cannot help at all"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Jakarta to Yangon via Kuala Lumpur. I was flying to Yangon transit in Kuala Lumpur for my best friend wedding and they leave my luggage in Kuala Lumpur, and the staff don't want to help. What kind of airline who does that! They even said that they cannot help at all.
RouteJakarta to Yangon via Kuala Lumpur

"Horrible is the word!"

Trip Verified | Malindo first of all cancel flights without informing any of us! We arrive at the airport and we are told sorry your flight is not 8:30 as scheduled but at 02:30 in the evening. This was a flight from KL to Phuket on 15th January. Trying to find out why there was no communication, the customer service crew are too ignorant and unwilling to help with an attitude. Anyway we got no choice but to wait for over 8 hours. We then ask the Malindo customer service crew to check for us if the other flights have been changed and they think we are a bother and replies yes no other changes. Next we go to the airport on 19th in Phuket ready for our flights to Bangkok via KL and the same thing happens, flight has been changed without prior communication. Unfortunately they change the Phuket to KL flight in a way that it won’t correspond to the KL Bangkok one, like seriously? We ask for Phuket staff to help us try and get another flight from KL to Bangkok the same day and they state that we have to go to KL and talk ourself and if they called the KL staffs don’t pick their phone calls. They tell us the only option is to wait in KL overnight and we might probably be given accommodation if we ask KL staff (not certain). We were heading to Bangkok for a very i’m occasion so we inform them that we will have to get another flight to Bangkok even if it meant another airline. We ask them if they would refund us, they state that we can’t refund and if we want more information we contact the agency we booked with. Unfortunately the agency no longer exists and we had no prior knowledge regarding this. We booked innocently in September for this trip but for some reasons we don’t understand why the agency stopped existing. So we are told no refund. Is this fair? Really? Anyway we manage to book AirAsia and arrive in Bangkok well. Note that that AirAsia flight was very comfortable and very friendly crew. To cut the story short, Malindo are not professional cancelling flights as you wish. Horrible is the word!
RoutePerth to Phuket via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"would never use them again"

Trip Verified | Jakarta to Kathmandu via Kuala Lumpur. Repeated flight cancellations and delays without explanation. What should have have been a 9 hour trip became a 21 hour ordeal. That's still not over. The plane itself was newer, seats were comfortable and clean. Just spoiled by the fact that I missed all my connecting flights and sat around the airport waiting for the next delayed flight. And a customer service desk that made a small effort but offered no apologies or explanations. I would never use them again.
RouteJakarta to Kathmandu via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"not possible to cancel"

Trip Verified | Brisbane to Bali. Booked flight months in advance, after 4 months from the reservation the flight company advises that the return flight can't be respected, proposing a couple of other flights to come back on different days that obviously don't suit my need. Proposing also maybe an accommodation if I'm forced to stay overnight, this thing is still unsure and I don't know when I can come back. They can book the accommodation only 1 week before the travel, in the meantime it's not possible to cancel the flight with this ridiculous company and book the flight with another one or I just lose my money.
RouteBrisbane to Bali