Malindo Air

"will never fly again"

Trip Verified | They took our water off us at the gate so I kept my bottle thinking I could fill it on the plane... wrong. Forced everyone to buy tiny bottles of water but the real kicker was they were cash only. No one was told this of course and anyone who didn't happen to have cash was screwed and could eat or drink. So to stop the outrage they offered "free" water which turns out wasn't filtered. They damaged my luggage. Oh, and to add insult to injury they wake you up to try and sell you stuff that you can't buy if you wanted to because they don't take card! Horrible airline and will never fly again.
RouteDenpasar to Sydney
Date FlownOctober 2019

"did not provide any answers when questioned"

Trip Verified | Flew Singapore to Kuala Lumpur with Malindo Air. I flew both ways on the same day and the cabin on both occasions was at least 30 degrees! This is inhumane and they did not provide any answers when questioned. All they did was to ask us to be patient. Throughout the flight, everyone was fanning themselves but why didn’t they bother to maintain their plane?
RouteSingapore to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownOctober 2019

"delayed for few hours"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Ipoh to Johor Bahru. Flight departure time at 3.40pm from Ipoh was delayed for few hours - even by 6.00pm they unable to provide the reason for delay and expecting time for the flight. Almost 2 hours and they just provide a bottle of water for the passenger.
RouteIpoh to Johor Bahru
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"definitely never use again"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Bali. Worst experience ever. I had a very unpleasant situation with Malindo Air. I bought tickets to Bali, however about a 6 weeks before my travel I found out that I may not be able to travel these dates so I contacted the customer service to find out if it’s possible to return those tickets and how much I could get back. They told me to fill the request form and wait for the answer. That’s what I did. I was waiting patiently and as I was not receiving any answer in the meantime I was doing my best to be able to travel on the planned days. Then just a week before my travel, when I was ready to go I received a refund which was $150 out of $600 I paid. No e-mail, no message, just a bank transfer. I contacted them again saying I’d like to get either my tickets or the money back as it is all some kind of misunderstanding. Malindo replied that my tickets were bought “under promotional offer” and they are unreturnable so all I can get back is tax thad I had paid. Well, the point is that my tickets weren’t “super saver” but “value”. I had bought them through official website plus I had purchased extra luggage so I don’t understand how come my tickets became promotional and nonrefundable. At some point, they just started ignoring my e-mails. How professional is that? I am not happy the way they dealt with this situation. I’m truly offended by the way the company treated me. All customers should matter, not only those who don’t have any complications. That’s the first time that a professional company made me feel offended. I’ll definitely never use Malindo Air again and none of the people I know will either.
RouteSydney to Bali

"diabolically bad"

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Melbourne via Bali. I have flown with Malindo several times in the past and always thought of them as a good intermediate airline that represented value for the money. Not as cheap as Air Asia and not as expensive as Malaysia Airlines. Their food was OK, there was a free baggage allowance and the seating and legroom are slightly more generous than some. My recent experience, however, was diabolically bad. It started at the check-in where I was told that I would have to pay over AUD $300 if I wanted to take my suitcase because I had not booked it online. So I was forced to leave it behind at the train station in a locker. Then there was the meal which had suffered a huge quality drop off. The transit at Bali required 2 bus trips from the plane to the terminal and back not to mention a massive walk from one end of the complex to the other and back. Regrettably, they now go the bottom of my list and are the airline of last resort.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Melbourne via Bali
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"cheap and well serviced"

(Malaysia)

Not Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Kota Kinabalu. It was quite an enjoyable flight. Cabin crew and ground service were very friendly. After takeoff, there were served a welcome drink. The food was just normal. It was a cake or something. The seat was quite comfortable too as the aircraft is just 1 year old. I’ve been on Malindo Air two times, once was Kuala Lumpur to Singapore. Overall, I still recommend this airline. It’s cheap and well serviced.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Kota Kinabalu
Date FlownDecember 2018

"cheated by the expensive fare"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Perth. I am very unhappy with the unavailability of the inflight entertainment system on business class. Totally unacceptable to have it not working on both going and returning flights to/from Perth. I was traveling with wife and 2 kids and was relying on availability pf entertainment system to keep our trip enjoyable. I feel cheated by the expensive fare.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Perth
Date FlownAugust 2019

"our baggage were missing"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Jakarta to Penang via Kuala Lumpur. A very bad experience flying with malindo, firstly during my connection flight we having delays more then 1 hours. It become worst when we arrived at Penang we found our baggage were missing. Until now from Malindo only email us that they cannot found our baggage.
RouteJakarta to Penang via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"an aircraft without IFE"

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Perth. Boeing 737s are not, perhaps, everyone's choice for a flight of over five hours though this was comfortable enough, the leg room markedly superior to that offered in wide-bodied jets operated by gulf-based airlines. Fortunately I was pre-warned to allow a minimum of two hours for check-in, and I needed every minute. Malindo use a generic facility at KUL that can best be described as pedestrian. Worse still, immigration. The big let down, however, was the rostering of an aircraft from the Batik Air pool without IFE. Not the first time this has happened when flying with this airline. Remember to take a book.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Perth
Date FlownAugust 2019

"never again Malindo Air"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Bali via Kuala Lumpur. Very bad customer service! Lady at the airport behind the customer helpdesk looked like she was mad at me for not understanding her bad English. Added luggage through their website, but the ticket number was wrong and they would not allow me to check in my bags under my name unless I pay 4 times the normal amount! I refused and had to take stuff out of my bag to get under 7.5 kg and leave it on the airport! Thank you but never again Malindo Air!
RouteBangkok to Bali via Kuala Lumpur