Malindo Air

"They replied back and said no money will be refunded"

Trip Verified | I booked flights for myself and my wife in 6th Jan 2020 with Malindo Air to take us from India to Perth via Malaysia on 23 April 2020 but due to covid the flights were cancelled. I filled out the Refund request form straight away but it kept crashing, eventually after a week it went through. I hadn't heard anything back so I emailed customer services on 22nd April and heard nothing so I emailed again on 4th May and again 14th May and still had no reply. I then found they had a Facebook page so I messaged the page on 18th May and they replied to say they had passed the message onto the relevant department. Having heard nothing back I messaged them again on 31st May, they replied on 1st June and said my refund was being processed and I just needed to wait. I waited until 17th June and messaged again, this time they replied and said they were going to escalate it. Finally 23rd June they messaged back to say they were doing my refund via a voucher to be used on flights and valid for 12 months. I replied straight back and explained that I do not intend to fly in the next 12 month or even longer and that I wanted my money returned, not a voucher. They replied back and said no money will be refunded. As you can imagine with covid 19 I'm not in a hurry to go abroad and I need the money refunded as I'm currently unable to work.
RouteKerala to Kuala Lumpur via Perth
Date FlownApril 2020

"Malindo Air has turned into an absolute nightmare"

(Malaysia)

Not Verified | Malindo Air has turned into an absolute nightmare of an airline due to my experience today. I was supposed to be on a flight today on Malindo Air, but unfortunately without even an email, phone call or any sort of alert, my flight was cancelled. We spent so much time and effort packing the whole day and driving to the airport which felt like hours to have found out my flight had been cancelled. Lets not forget I had to do a Covid Test which was expensive as heck and now I'll have to do it again. Just never fly from here if you don't want disappointment and problems in your life.
RouteMalaysia to Bangladesh
Date FlownNovember 2020

"Still have not heard back"

Trip Verified | Malindo Air cancelled our flights due to COVID-19 requested a refund or vouchers in April. Still have not heard back. Have sent multiple emails to customer service and they keep saying that they have forwarded them on to the correct department. Then nothing. Just want email back confirming they are processing them. Not sure how you can rate them if they didn’t fly you anywhere.
Date FlownMay 2020

"hire to create the problem"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Today I just received an email about my flight cancel and without given you option then direct replace to another fight which almost 3 hours later from the original schedule. So I sure I can’t accept as I am going to miss an important meeting if I accept the new schedule flight. So I call to customer care to make complaint and hope can solve the problem. But one girl try to challenge me said that when you booked the flight you must to accept our flight cancellation policy. Customer care is to solve customer problem but she seem like is hire to create the problem and challenge the customer.
RoutePenang to Subang
Date FlownJuly 2020

"never fly by this airline again"

Not Verified | We had booked 2 tickets for Perth to Kolkata & return from Kolkata to Perth. Malindo cancelled the Perth to Kolkata flight & offered another one after 2 days which we did not take as we had booked for a short stay in India & did not want to waste our days. So we went by Thai Airways instead. But while coming back we kept the ticket & came back to Perth with Malindo. They have issued us travel vouchers for the unutilized part of our ticket which do not cover the price we paid for our ticket. Also I paid more for my ticket(25 KG baggage charge) than my husbands (20KG baggage charge). But I have got less refund amount on my voucher than my husbands. I complained to them several times by sending detailed emails & calling multiple times but after 3 months my problem is still not solved. Every time a new person answers the phone or a new person deals with the email & they do not bother to go deep in the matter & give stupid replies which is very frustrating. They do not even have a toll free no. One of the customer representative emailed me that the refund amount should be $355.99 which pertained to my husband's ticket. But the actual travel voucher amounts are $340.89 & for my voucher it is $$338.39 which does not make any sense. We will never fly by this airline again.
RouteKolkata to Perth via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownMarch 2020

"This is disgusting"

Trip Verified | We paid $842 for 2 return flights from Brisbane to Bali for my birthday in July. After Covid-19 hit and travel was restricted, we applied for a refund as my husband has a lung condition so is at high risk if he catches the infection. We explained we would be unable to travel until a vaccine was available and that travel vouchers would be of no use to us. After waiting 2 months, we tried to call the Australian office but it had been closed. We emailed customer care and 2 hours later we received an email reply containing 2 travel vouchers for $152.72 each which need to be re booked by May 2021. We are told these were sale priced tickets which are non refundable and that we can only get back the Australian taxes we would have paid for this flight. This is disgusting, it was not our fault that the pandemic had forced these restrictions! For a company to take our hard earned money, be unable to provide a service and only offer such a pitiful amount on useless travel vouchers we will be unable to redeem in time, is shameful and theft. Travel insurance wont cover this and we are forced to to complain to the Malaysian consumer complaints commission in an attempt to recoup our loss. They should not be allowed to get away with taking peoples money for nothing.
Date FlownJuly 2020

"my emails have been ignored"

Not Verified | My ticket was cancelled due to the Covid-19 outbreak and I was asked to submit a refund application. It has now been 4 months all of my emails have been ignored and I am not receiving any response or status as to what is happening. At this point I have accepted the fact that I have been cheated and scammed.
RouteSydney to Denpasar
Date FlownJune 2020

"Poor in every possible aspect"

Not Verified | April flight from Brisbane to Denpasar cancelled by airline in March. Full refund requested upon notice of cancellation, however got absolutely nowhere after several emails. Currently I have been palmed off to the 'AU Team' who have failed to respond to several emails for nearly 2 weeks now. Not holding my breath for a refund but will never do business with the airline again. Poor in every possible aspect.
Date FlownApril 2020

"good value for money"

Not Verified | Malacca to Penang. Nice little airline from Malaysia. The short flight on this ATR 72-600 wasn´t bad. No wifi or any entertainment. Very nice food served there. Overall good value for money!
AircraftATR 72-600
RouteMalacca to Penang
Date FlownJuly 2019

"Disgusting experience"

Not Verified | Disgusting experience - do not book a flight with this airline. Prior to the Covid-19 being declared a pandemic, Malindo decided they were no longer going to fly this route so cancelled the flight. I requested a refund and was told we needed to wait 30 days for this to clear. After numerous phone calls, emails and a wait of approx. 50 days we were issued with a credit note - to be used within 6 months. They cancelled, not us - therefore we are entitled to a full refund. Their 'customer care line' (the joke is in the title as there is zero care!) hung up when I called chasing my refund. I was told for 5 weeks I would be receiving a refund to my credit card but they then issued a credit note to be used during a pandemic! Do yourself a huge favour and book elsewhere.
RoutePerth to Colombo via Kuala Lumpur