Malindo Air

"they have many hidden costs"

Trip Verified | Bali to Kuala Lumpur. This company is an absolute trap, they have many hidden costs and have zero flexibility or compassion for their customers. They may seem like the cheapest option however I have flown with them twice and both time with their costs they have turned out to be the most expensive option by far charging $24 per kilo if you want to check in additional baggage even online. I urge you to avoid this company at all costs, the worst company I have ever had the unfortunate experience of transacting with ever.
RouteBali to Kuala Lumpur

"Worst experience ever"

Trip Verified | I booked tickets for my family to travel from Melbourne to Delhi for which I paid extra money for food and baggage In the flight, they didn’t offer any food and on asking them, they refuse and said that you will get food only in connecting flight. We paid extra $51 for food there and get only half dish of pasta for that. Worst experience ever. I recommend to not travel with Malindo Air.
RouteMelbourne to Delhi

"Don’t fly this airline"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Hong Kong to Jakarta via Kuala Lumpur. This is the worst experience I’ve had on an airline. They decided to switch me to a cheaper flight a week before departure at first stating “bad weather” with a good forecast, then suddenly “operational reasons”. They just wanted to squeeze money out of my. Nothing is paid, including baggage, pillows, blankets, food, water. You aren’t allowed to bring liquids on the plane and yet they don’t even provide water. The staff is unhappy, condescending, and rude. Their explanation for everything weird that the airline does, like spraying some aerosol mid-flight, is that it’s “always required”. Don’t fly this airline.
RouteHong Kong to Jakarta via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownDecember 2019

"never fly with them again"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Mumbai on 1st December 2019, flight OD215. Once again Malindo disappointed me. Once again I flew with them and flight delayed. The only thing consistent with this terrible airline is that you will get delayted. Will never fly with them again.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Mumbai

"most inconsistent airline"

Trip Verified | Colombo to Sydney via Bali. The most inconsistent airline I have ever travelled with the the poorest comfort by far. food for purchase with correct money currency only and no credit facility for electronic payment! Every flight I took from Sydney to Bali to kL through to Colombo was tough to purchase was only able to purchase on location of currency for food beverage purchases you better be on. The flights were either delayed and cause a scramble for the connection flights. The staff are surprisingly ok because they are not overworked. The seats in economy are so uncomfortable. Malindo also misplaced my luggage on a 8hr layover in DPS, and I was left stranded until my luggage arrived for connecting flight 4 hrs later. I strongly advise anyone thinking of flying with Malindo to definitely take a more reputable airline carrier as you may not want this sort of experience like I had.
RouteColombo to Sydney via Bali

"800$ extra for 2 bags"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | Bali to Trivandrum via Kuala Lumpur. At the check in they ask us to pay 800$ extra for 2 bags. We lose a tickets, with no compensation, still looks like a trick, we don't know. But it was a last time we bought Malindo Air tickets for sure.
RouteBali to Trivandrum via Kuala Lumpur

"absolutely absurd airline"

Not Verified | Delhi to Kuala Lumpur. The airline refused our multiple requests to have our baggage in the cabin for our connecting flight. Promised our bags would come out first and it didn't. The flight was delayed which caused us to miss our connection. Made us pay for new tickets for the connection, absolutely absurd airline. Never again flying with this joke of an airline
RouteDelhi to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownNovember 2019

"so we miss our transfer"

Trip Verified | Colombo to Kathmandu via Kuala Lumpur. Our flight was 4 hours late, so we miss our transfer at Kuala Lumpur. The company never apologize, they lied to us, they said they inform Kuala Lumpur airport and promise the plane will wait but nobody never called.
RouteColombo to Kathmandu via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownNovember 2019

"hand carry baggage broken badly"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Delhi. I'm disappointed to say this. One of my hand carry baggage was broken badly due to negligence of the workers. I brought up this issue once i back from Delhi, but they refused as there is no report. I noted this to one of staff at Delhi airport but they asked us to inform this issue at KLIA. And now they asking for tags and report at KLIA1.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Dehli
Date FlownNovember 2019

"choose a different airline"

Mumbai to Bali via Kuala Lumpur. This is by far the worst airlines I’ve witnessed. The worst. I reconnect every one travelling on this airline to reconsider their travel and maybe choose a different airline. Malindo has no regard for their customers time and money. Their hidden costs are double the air ticket. You’ll have to pay a lot to finally get your boarding pass. The flight is uncomfortable and the only thing they want is money by fooling others.
RouteMumbai to Bali via Kuala Lumpur