Malindo Air

"cheap staff manners"

(Sri Lanka)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Brisbane via Denpasar. I didnt had change money only i had 100 USD dollars with me to buy a water bottle, i was really thirsty by that time as i was on a 10 hours long transit. When i was asking for a water bottle using that 100 USD , one staff member told me "miss, i dont have change'. I admit the fact that i should have bring change money but i was only asking for water not food or beverage. After 4 or 5 hours i again asked for a cup of water and this this lady told me that it is 3/4 malaysian rupees even knowing that i dont have change and specially she was in the kitchen and pouring some water on a small cup was not that hard. Very inhuman and cheap staff manners. I was shocked after experiencing this and i decided not to travel anymore on this airline.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Brisbane via Denpasar
Date FlownJanuary 2020

" Worst customer service ever"

Trip Verified | Jakarta to Hong Kong via Kuala Lumpur. Flight to Kuala Lumpur was 2.5 hours delayed, missed my connection to Hong Kong on December 29, 2019. They put me on the next flight which was the day after. They destroyed my luggage by leaving it soaking wet in the rain on the tarmac. I complained to their costumer service afterwards, after hundreds of emails still no explanation was given on why the flights were delayed or even acknowledgement that they have made a mistake on handling my luggage. Worst customer service ever.
RouteJakarta to Hong Kong via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownDecember 2019

"disappointed with refund issues"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Kuching to Kuala Lumpur. I am disappointed with the management of refund issues. I booked twice the tickets due to first time screen shown that my booking was not successful and so I rebook though the price was slightly different. Later, email came with two bookings and was charged to my credit card. Immediately on the same day I reported duplicate of bookings. I was advised by the customer service that they can only refund the lower fare and so I checked in the higher rate 2 days early before my flight. To date the issue still under investigation! The counter found that I've two bookings on the system so they called up the office. The office told the staff to checked in the lower fare and cancelled my higher fare. Told me that the other ticket will be refund in 30 days time. To date they had been giving excuses that I've utilised the lower fare and so they can only refund the higher fare tax only. This is absurd! By right I am entitled to the refund. It is the incompetence of the counter staff fault that caused this problem. How can an investigation took so long?
RouteKuching to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownNovember 2019

"experience was shocking"

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Da Nang. My experience was shocking from start to finish .. booking our flights online and then not having the option to add luggage we was flying the next day so we decided to do it inside the airport. We queue for 1 hour to check in to then be told we have to pay £352 for two bags weighing 22kg each for each kg was £8 for me - shocking behaviour. We then had to go queue to pay for baggage the lady wasn’t any help and just wanted us to pay. We had no choice but to pay. Tried to explain that there was no option online for baggage but the lady was rude and didn’t respond after we payed. £352 pound for a 2 hour flight for baggage is an absolute joke.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Da Nang

"very uncomfortable flight"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Langkawi. I like Malindo's Boeing planes, but the turboprop was awful. Starting from the airport in Kuala Lumpur Subang, check-in and boarding process and the flight itself. Seats are super tiny in those planes. It was short, but very uncomfortable flight. I gave it a try, but don't want to do it again. I'd rather go to KLIA and fly on a normal plane.
AircraftATR 72-600
RouteKuala Lumpur to Langkawi
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"One of the worst flights"

Trip Verified | Delhi to Bali via Kuala Lumpur. One of the worst flights i have ever been to. Upgraded to a business class with an amount of Rs 27,000 for two people. The seats were not reclining, the tv screen was not working. And to top it all no food was served even in business class. We were rather uncomfortable even after upgrading it to business. While coming back from bali to delhi, we took the economy seats only, n to my surprise i found out even the water is chargeable, forget the food. And seats were dirty, one of the two seats which we took, the screen was not working again. The economy class recliner was also not working. Worst experience. Would never recommend anyone to fly from malindo air.
RouteDelhi to Bali via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"decided to request for full refund"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | I got a call from Malindo Air customer service, was informed the scheduled flight dated 5 Dec is cancelled. So I decided to request for full refund On Dec 1, 2019 I made a refund request via Malindo Air site. The notes on refunds clearly stated refunds will be completed within 30 days. Today, Dec 30, I called the customer service and was passed to the refund department. I spent more than 10 minutes waiting and waiting. I decided to hang up and call again. I called for the second time and the same person answered. I asked her how long it normally takes to get a respond for checking the refund status. She kept telling me she had to pass the call to the refund department. I asked her on their 30 days refund policy, but she twisted it saying refund will be completed within 30 working days. However, she promised me to arrange a personal call on updates of the refund. We'll see.
RouteSandakan to Kota Kinabalu
Date FlownOctober 2019

"a waste of time and money"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | I paid a higher fare from Ho Chi Minh City to Bengaluru via Kuala Lumpur. OD 562 was delayed during departure and was further delayed e route due to traffic congestion over KL. Missed my connecting Malindo flight OD 241 to Bengaluru. The company asked me to stay at a hotel in the terminal for two days cause the next departure to Bengaluru was after two days. Ended up buying a full fare ticket to Bengaluru without any refund from Malindo. All in all what a waste of time and money.
RouteHo Chi Minh City to Bengaluru via Kuala Lumpur

"Zero customer service"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Hi Chi Minh City via Selangor. Has to be the worst airline ever. Zero customer service, expensive rates, one person at the check-in counter for the entire airline's baggage drop lane. Policy and privileges changed without informing customers. Don't bother flying with Malindo. You see all the negative comments and you should know why
RouteKuala Lumpur to Hi Chi Minh City via Selangor
Date FlownDecember 2019

"did not apologise for the inconvenience"

Not Verified | The flight was ok. Ran on time and was reasonably comfortable (we had purchased extra leg room). On the flight to Bali they did not give us the meals we had ordered and paid for with our tickets and argued until I pointed my name on the list that was not ticked, but this took persistent nagging of staff who did not care at all. They did not apologise for the inconvenience just eye rolled. On the way home we had gone through customs with empty water bottles and then filled them up at the airport water station. Then by the boarding gate they were taking away water from everybody. We were pretty happy to tip our water out. On the plane we asked for a cup of water and were told we had to pay. I understand paying for any other snack or beverage but a cup of water after they’ve confiscated everyone’s water? That’s just disgusting. We got a good price for tickets but would think again before flying with them again.
RouteSydney to Bali