Malindo Air

"cheated by the expensive fare"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Perth. I am very unhappy with the unavailability of the inflight entertainment system on business class. Totally unacceptable to have it not working on both going and returning flights to/from Perth. I was traveling with wife and 2 kids and was relying on availability pf entertainment system to keep our trip enjoyable. I feel cheated by the expensive fare.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Perth
Date FlownAugust 2019

"our baggage were missing"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Jakarta to Penang via Kuala Lumpur. A very bad experience flying with malindo, firstly during my connection flight we having delays more then 1 hours. It become worst when we arrived at Penang we found our baggage were missing. Until now from Malindo only email us that they cannot found our baggage.
RouteJakarta to Penang via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"an aircraft without IFE"

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Perth. Boeing 737s are not, perhaps, everyone's choice for a flight of over five hours though this was comfortable enough, the leg room markedly superior to that offered in wide-bodied jets operated by gulf-based airlines. Fortunately I was pre-warned to allow a minimum of two hours for check-in, and I needed every minute. Malindo use a generic facility at KUL that can best be described as pedestrian. Worse still, immigration. The big let down, however, was the rostering of an aircraft from the Batik Air pool without IFE. Not the first time this has happened when flying with this airline. Remember to take a book.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Perth
Date FlownAugust 2019

"never again Malindo Air"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Bali via Kuala Lumpur. Very bad customer service! Lady at the airport behind the customer helpdesk looked like she was mad at me for not understanding her bad English. Added luggage through their website, but the ticket number was wrong and they would not allow me to check in my bags under my name unless I pay 4 times the normal amount! I refused and had to take stuff out of my bag to get under 7.5 kg and leave it on the airport! Thank you but never again Malindo Air!
RouteBangkok to Bali via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownAugust 2019

"This is the worst airline"

(Pakistan)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Lahore. This is the worst airline I have ever encountered. They cancelled my flight without any notice and it's been more than 1 month, they still won't refund my money. Contacting customer care is useless because they never give a reply other than "your issue has been forwarded to the relevant departments" more than MYR 1000 and they have eaten all my money. I have no idea why such a fraudulent airline is still allowed to operate. I searched on Google for a feedback number since they are extremely efficient on email and I found more customers whose flights had been cancelled by Malindo and the airline has not reimbursed them and some flights had been cancelled 3 months ago and efficient* and concerned Malindo won't give the money back.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Lahore
Date FlownAugust 2019

"almost $800 for 28 kilos"

Trip Verified | Bengaluru to Denpasar via Kuala Lumpur. Such an awful operation., they never tell you what kind of baggage allowance you have during online reservation, let alone the amount of money they want to charge you at the counter for each kg of "excess baggage" which turned out to be almost $800 for 28 kilos combined between 2 travelers, even though we had attempted to pay the much smaller amount at web check-in 12 hours earlier when their own website's technical issues would not let it go through. And then they tell you to speak with a reservations person when there is clearly no one available in person or over the phone at the time of the flight.
RouteBengaluru to Denpasar via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownAugust 2019

"Malindo is the worst airline"

Trip Verified | Denpasar to Kuala Lumpur. Malindo is the worst airline I’ve ever had to deal with! Our flight was supposed to be at 12:25. Got there early, waited in a very long line for an hour only for them to tell us there’s no more seats because the checking attendant wasted another hour on her phone to check about my passport. They put us on another flight leaving at 15:25 that was supposed to leave from gate 2. We get there to board and they have no clue where are real gate is supposed to be. We figure out that now it has been changed to gate 6A when in fact the flight from there is leaving for another destination. Here we are 30 mins past our second flight time and still no idea what time our plane is going to start boarding!
RouteDenpasar to Kuala Lumpur

"warm hearted service"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Melaka to Langkawi. It was my first ride with Malindo, I was carrying my 4 years old youngest niece, at the same time I'm also taking care of my mum upon reaching the destination, one of the flight attendants who saw me taking care of both the youngest and the eldest at the same time, immediately he send me the baby stroller that I've already checked into the cabin (before luggage picking up), the little action helped to ease my burden at the point of time. My immediate response, Wow. The excellent and warm hearted service. Thumbs up to the flight attendant's Wow and warmth service, that wins the customer's heart.
RouteMelaka to Langkawi
Date FlownAugust 2019

"2 months and still no refund"

(Pakistan)

Trip Verified | Last minute Malindo Cancelled Flight from Lahore to Kuala Lumpur without giving any proper explanation. No local customer service phone number in Pakistan, so I called international phone number in Malaysia to reschedule but I was told that all Malindo flights from Lahore were cancelled for the whole month of July. I could not wait that long and due to last minute re-purchase ticket, I had to buy very expensive ticket for almost double price with another airline. I requested refund for the tickets with Malindo on June 30th, 2019 (had to do online, no phone request accepted). Since then I have been chasing via email and phone, till today (August 14, 2019) no refund issued despite several emails and phone calls. I again called today to Malaysia office and I was told it is still being processed and will take 2 more weeks. Initially I was told and it is also listed on website that refund processed within 30 days. It is going to be 2 months and still no refund. When I asked the amount, they told me only basic ticket price is being refund and not the additional payment I made for seats. What is rip off! I am very frustrated and the worse experience ever I had. I will never ever travel Malindo Airline again.
RouteLahore to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJuly 2019

"The service was fantastic"

Trip Verified | I was a bit concerned about terrible reviews I had been reading, so didn't know what to expect. Had just flown the first leg to Bali yesterday and was surprisingly impressed! The service was fantastic from the minute we arrived at the airport. There was quite a long line at the check in counter, however 2 minutes later anyone with carry on only luggage were invited to an express counter and we were checked in about 5 minutes later! No flight delays. Aircraft was bit dated and there was no IFE on this aircraft which was disappointing. However if it hadn't have been complimentary I wouldn't have opted for it anyway so not a problem. Seats were a little uncomfortable but again not a problem. In flight service was fantastic by the cabin crew. Drinks ordered were delivered immediately and reasonably priced. A complimentary noodle or rice dish was supplied which came at a surprise as I was quite sure a meal wasn't included. For a budget option and based on this experience, Malindo Air will be my first preference when flying to Bali from Melbourne if they are offering a fantastic fare as we got on this occasion. My overall rating is 9/10, and haven't given 10 due to the lack of IFE. Not that it didn't have it, but only because the ticket was sold as having the IFE complimentary included although I'm sure there was also a fine print somewhere! Am now holidaying and I look forward to the return flight home next week and will write another review only if it is any different to this first experience.
RouteMelbourne to Denpasar