Malindo Air

"Recommend using another airline"

Not Verified | Perth to Kuala Lumpur. Malindo cancelled our return flight KL to Perth at short notice causing us 4 days additional hotel, food and extra leave from unhappy employers, who served verbal notice. Malindo's response they don’t care, no compensation for our losses. Recommend using another airline
RoutePerth to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownApril 2022

"Refund requests submitted but ignored"

Not Verified | Purchased $2200 of fares to Bali before Malindo ceased Australian operations. Refund requests submitted but ignored. When pushed, they will promise to process but they then go to ground and ignore you.
RouteMelbourne to Bali
Date FlownJuly 2021

"Only advice is don't book any flights with this company!"

Not Verified | Because of the pandemic, our trip/flights to Bali was cancelled by the company. They dont give any money back but give travel vouchers. Anyway, we are now in a position to rebook our trips. The voucher says we have till the 20th May to rebook. I tried to rebook on the 12 May and entered the Travel voucher number only to be told that these vouchers had been used already! I have emailed Malindo in the past and it usually takes them a month to reply so it looks like we have lost our money! Over $1000 lost! No point trying to ring them as others say they cant get through! Only advice is don't book any flights with this company!
RouteBrisbane to Bali
Date FlownJune 2021

"not fly this airline again"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | I was supposed to board a 3.50pm flight today and it was delayed until 8.50pm. Sms told covid restriction by MKN. Really mad. How come you delay a flight to such a long period and it is only fly locally. Keep your promise. Very bad service. Not even a complimentary voucher meal given to your passenger. Will not fly this airline again.
AircraftATR
RouteSubang to Langkawi
Date FlownNovember 2021

"regret not sticking to the competitor"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | flown many times with Malindo. Generally not great and not terrible. This trip im extremely disappointed with Malindo. Our mid morning flight was cancelled and changed to 8:30 am. Then 3 days before flight, it was changed to 7 pm. Basically our whole day has been destroyed. I thought I’d help Malindo by flying them but now regret not sticking to the competitor.
RoutePenang to Subang
Date FlownNovember 2021

"Is this legal to hold our money"

Trip Verified | I had booked my air ticket with Malindo Air and my journey date was 03 May 2020. The flight was cancelled from Malindo side stating the reason for covid. it has been more than 1-1/2 years now and when contacted to Malindo air in October 2021, they replied to my email that the Malindo flights are not operational from Kuala Lumpur to any part of India. Is this legal to hold our money and be in mercy of Malindo. There are bubble flights operational with other flights (Air Asia etc) and I need to travel urgently to India. I have asked for refund via email communication but the email reply / process from Malindo side is very slow.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Kolkata
Date FlownNovember 2020

"I would not trust them not to cancel again"

Trip Verified | This airline should be thoroughly ashamed of its policies and customer service. I went direct to the airline at much more expense thinking booking direct would be a safer option. Within a day of receiving my booking and money they sent me an email bringing the flight forward by 2 hours. The next day they sent me an email cancelling the flight altogether and offering me a flight the next day due to operational reasons. When I contacted them, they informed me that they would only issue a voucher not a refund. I cannot use this voucher and had to book another airline to get to my connecting flight. This is totally outrageous as they cancelled the flight and cannot provide the service that was paid for. So they just keep everyone’s money and hope that you can’t use the voucher. The voucher is totally useless to me and in light of their behavior with this last flight even if I could use the voucher I would not trust them not to cancel again. Travel is stressful enough as it is in the pandemic, but to refuse to give a refund when the cancellation is totally the fault of the airline is just plain wrong.
RouteJakarta to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownAugust 2021

"over a year later - no refund"

Trip Verified | My flight was cancelled. I was offered a voucher but declined - they don't fly enough routes I'd want to use. Eventually they agreed to a refund (after many emails). Since then I've chased every month. I keep being told it's being passed to another department for payment but over a year later - no refund.
RouteSydney to Denpasar
Date FlownAugust 2020

"the worst airline ever"

(Nepal)

Not Verified | The travel voucher refund is very long to receive. Only received a year after I requested it. If not because of the travel voucher, I wont use this airline anymore. Not worth your money at all. Customer service also very bad. Didn't reply to customer's email, if you didn't call to ask about the email, they won't reply to it and respond to it. Too many times the flight was cancelled but they didn't help at all to assist to get the new flight date. Customer call centre also very hard to reach. I called hundred times but too hard to answer. You cannot call using your mobile phone because cannot press "1" or "2" to choose English or Bahasa. Email didnt respond, call cannot reached - the worst airline ever!
RouteKuala Lumpur to Kathmandu
Date FlownJuly 2020

"Consistent lying and unforeseen delays"

Not Verified | Worst experience I have ever had with an airline. Flight cancelled in early March 2020. Cannot seem to get a refund after months of emails and phone calls. Consistent lying and unforeseen delays, I believed this excuse at the beginning but it has been over a year now and really don't believe this is a legitimate airline.
RouteSydney to Bali