Malindo Air

"unresponsive customer care"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Kota Kinabalu via KUL. Flight got rescheduled to following day. We booked a straight flight to Kota Kinabalu for 3 November 2018. However, to our dismay, the flight was cancelled and our flight got rescheduled to 4 November 2018, just 2 weeks prior to departure. We tried calling the agent and airline several times and our flight was rescheduled on 3 November 2018. The whole process of the rescheduling took all the remaining 2 weeks and the customer service took very long to reply to our email. We had to take the initiative to follow-up on the issue. This is unacceptable and they only confirmed our flight 3 days before our flight. The airline also refused to make any kind of refund. 2. One passenger ticket got void when we check-in When we checked in on the day of our flight, we were informed that one of our friend’s flight was voided due to system error. As a result of it, that friend of mine had to purchase another ticket to Kota Kinabalu. Malindo airline told us that it was the agent’s issue and when we called the agent, the agent told us that it was Malindo who cancelled our flight. Ultimately, we, the consumers are the ones who are suffering the consequences from all the errors. Denied assess to board on 2nd flight As it was a transit flight, we received 2 boarding pass upon check-in. At the check in counter, we were informed that the flight has been delayed to 1.15pm and we asked the customer service officer if we will be able to catch the transit flight as the time frame was only about an hour. The customer service officer told us that we should be able to catch the flight as the KUL - KK flight got delayed too. if we were to miss our transit flight, we will be able to board the next flight available to Kota Kinabalu to Kuala Lumpur Airport. We arrived at Kuala Lumpur Airport at about 2.30pm and we were 30 minutes away from our next flight. We rushed to the transfer gate and the gate to our next flight was not opened. We made it in time. However, to our utter disappointment, we were denied access to the flight as the staff told us that our flight has been rescheduled to a later flight timing (6.45pm). We were not informed on the change to a later flight We spoke to the duty manager and we were told that they rescheduled our flight to a later timing as the transfer of the luggage takes 40 minutes and our sin-kul was delayed. Hence, they shifted our flight to a later flight without informing us. We only found out when our boarding pass was rejected just before boarding the plane. The point being, we booked 6 tickets with free check-in luggage but we had only 2 check-in luggage. When we first checked in in Singapore they should have given us a choice whether we want to check in our luggage as it may delay our transit flight. We asked if we will be able to make it for our transit flight and we were reassured that it was possible to catch the flight. Clearly, it was not. Furthermore, we were asked to wait another 2 hours before we were issued the new boarding pass for an even later 6.45pm flight. Our new seats were not even guaranteed 1 hour before this flight. Another 2 groups on the same flights as we were faced similar issues: unresponsive customer care service, last minute flight changes, uninformed changes to flight etc.
RouteSingapore to Kota Kinabalu via KUL
Date FlownNovember 2018

"This is just unacceptable"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Kathmandu to Kuala Lumpur. We were refused the business lounge due to our ticket purchase being prior to 15 Aug. As told by the staff here at Kathmandu, Malindo had given a standing instruction to the airport staff in Kathmandu that the lounge would not be available for passengers with tickets purchased before 15th August. This was not informed in advance to us. During the booking Malindo's page clearly states that the use of premier lounge is allowed. When last spoken to one of the staffs over the phone regarding flight delay, they assured us that we will be able to use the lounge. Upon arrival at the airport 3 hours prior to our flight at the check in gate, the ground staff refused to allow us the use of lounge due to the date of our ticket purchase. I called up Malindo's customer service, the staff who spoke to me was first unaware that such rule had been issued, however, the ground staff at Kathmandu had an official request from Malindo on the matter. Upon requesting this matter to be solved I was put on hold and the staff who placed me on hold was very argumentative and also rude and had the audacity of hanging up before solving my issue. I had requested to know her name, but she refused to give it to me, arguing over the phone saying that the matter would be resolved. She insisted on speaking to the ground staff and instead of resolving the matter for us she took his name and hung up. This is the worst flight experience I've had, Malindo Air shame on you and your customer service. I did not pay the price of a Business class flight for my family to be treated thus. This is just unacceptable! To future travellers you might want to consider a better airline.
RouteKathmandu to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownOctober 2018

"Thanking Malindo Air staff"

Trip Verified | Chennai to Denpasar via Kuala Lumpur. Excellent staff. Thanking all the Malindo Air staff to get back my lost wallet while travelling from Chennai to Denpasar, Bali. Also ground staff in Denpasar was very cooperative and supportive when I informed them about the lost wallet.
RouteChennai to Denpasar via Kuala Lumpur

"Overall service appalling"

Trip Verified | Bali to Melbourne. Airline cabin is dirty. Headsets TVs very poor quality. Food is poor quality. Most concerning was that items were stolen from our luggage. Overall service appalling. Single worst airline I have ever flown with
RouteBali to Melbourne

"most incomprehensible delay"

Trip Verified | The most incomprehensible delay of more than 2 hours at Changi Airport, under the guise of ‘bad weather’ with no further explanation, when Singapore’s own SilkAir is merrily landing and taking off on the runway. Either the airline has stinged on their airport ‘tax duties’ or Changi has a conspiracy going on with its own national carriers. Considering the seat price difference is not significant, this is completely unacceptable. Needless to say, I know which airline to go with here on out.
RouteSingapore to Kuala Lumpur

"Cabin crew friendly"

Trip Verified | Denpasar to Brisbane. Plane clean. Seating adequate. Food and entertainment good. Cabin crew friendly overall. For a low cost fare I received all inclusions at no extra cost.
RouteDenpasar to Brisbane
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"the legroom is spacious"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Kathmandu to Kuala Lumpur in August 2018. Although their air ticket is more affordable, the customer service of their crew where exceptional. They smile and they look you in the eye when they greet and talk to you. And, they point and show your seat with an extended arm and open palm. I loved the menu choices too, since it includes a vegetarian meal. IFE is very responsive and with good amount of entertainment, and the legroom is spacious for a 5.9 guy like me.
RouteKathmandu to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownAugust 2018

"happy with no hidden fees"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Denpasar. I have flown with many carriers previously and this was the first time flying with Malindo Air. At first I was a bit skeptical having never been with them. I can honestly say that I was surprised, everything about Malindo I was happy with no hidden fees, great service, food was good, entertainment was included in the price unlike some, staff were friendly, both planes were relatively new and very clean. I would not hesitate flying with Malindo Air in the future.
RouteMelbourne to Denpasar
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"The worst airline"

(Sri Lanka)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Colombo. Flight didn’t took off from Airport and we sent back to ground at 1.00am. We slept on ground and staff providing not any information at all. Seems to be they get away about the faulty flight but did a drama to avoid all cost. The worst airline in the world those who do not think about their passengers.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Colombo
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"Worst experience ever"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Colombo to Hong Kong via Kuala Lumpur. Worst experience ever, got notice that flight was delayed to the next morning only after I arrived at the airport. Office staff were not so helpful, while Malindo Air only provides water and a meal box for passengers who have to wait for more than 8 hours more. I asked for a refund however the staff was not able to handle so many passengers requests on that time. I had to book another flight back home and have sent a refund request online and sent out more than 15 emails to ask about the refund progress, it took me three month to finally receive an email stating that the refund is issued to my credit card, unfortunately, the refund amount still hasn’t been put into my account since two months I received the email. I am not sure if Malindo Air is lying just saying it to make my refund a close file. Never fly with them again!
RouteColombo to Hong Kong via Kuala Lumpur