Malindo Air

"The most uncomfortable seat and reduced leg room"

Not Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Perth. Low cost/no frills - that's OK. However: 1) Malindo performed their own carry on security check prior to boarding - did not allow any personal water for the 6 hour flight. Consequently, water would need to be purchased on board at an inflated price. 2) The most uncomfortable seat and reduced leg room of any flight taken anywhere. In retrospect, would have chosen to pay more for a more comfortable flight.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Perth

"most uncomfortable seats"

Not Verified | Denpasar to Perth via Kuala Lumpur. Previous 6-hour flight from Kuala Lumpur to Perth: most uncomfortable seats ever - narrow seats with minimal leg room! No charge for carry-ons. Water confiscated by Malindo security [3rd security check-in airport]. Consequently, water would need to be purchased onboard at an inflated price. A four-hour flight from Denpasar to Kuala Lumpur: charged us $179.00 for two checked bags [for total weight]. The seats, however, were more comfortable than on the 6-hour flight from Kuala Lumpur to Perth!
RouteDenpasar to Perth via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownMarch 2020

"inappropriate and totally unfair"

(Malaysia)

Not Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Langkawi. Today we tried to cancel flights for this weekend to Langkawi due to the latest Movement Restriction Order in Malaysia. We live at Genting Highlands and the Government is telling everyone to remain at home to help stop the spread of Covid-19. Malindo Air only offered to give back approximately 80rm on tickets which were purchased for approximately 1200rm. Given the crisis the world is facing at present I believe this is inappropriate and totally unfair that Malindo Air are not supporting the government’s orders on the current restrictions.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Langkawi

"Pathetic customer service"

Trip Verified | Jakarta to Kochi via Kuala Lumpur. Pathetic customer service. They cancelled our flight from to Kochi and even not ready to tell us other options. Not even helping to get transit visa to board another airline. Pathetic and poor customer service and even flying experience is too bad.
RouteJakarta to Kochi via Kuala Lumpur

"recommend this airline"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | Hong Kong to Kuala Lumpur. I recommend this airline. Spacious seat, clan aircraft, flight was smooth and comfortable. Only one minus - small portion of purchased meal
RouteHong Kong to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"will never fly this airline again"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Bali. I received an email a week before from Malindo airlines, changing my return journey by 3 days. With no alternative but to rearrange my entire holiday. Their customer service was appalling as they had no idea as to what they could offer customers like me in distress. I will never fly with this airline ever again and I still don't know what I'm going to do with my flights.
RouteSydney to Bali
Date FlownMarch 2020

"worse airline I've experienced"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Kota Kinabalu to Kuala Lumpur. This is the worse airline I've experienced. I wanted to change/cancel my flight, called the service centre but it seems she was no help. She made matter more confusing and she gave me the wrong info. But to make matter worse, i got my luggage damage, try to file a complain, but they said i got no insurance so nothing cant be done. I understand that part, but i had to travel far back and forth to the lost and found department, holding my heavy luggage, without any offer to help me carry them.
RouteKota Kinabalu to Kuala Lumpur

"ridiculous luggage policy"

Trip Verified | Kochi to Denpasar via Kuala Lumpur. Absolutely ridiculous luggage policy! Airline wanted to charge us $500 for one bag (30000 Indian rupees / 15 kilo) during the checkin process, even though we had already paid 10 kilos before checking in (6 months prior to travel). Even worse, we tried to purchase the additional luggage the same day through the website and the servers didn’t allow us to complete the purchase. We eventually had to upgrade to business (to Kuala Lumpur) to take the bag at a rate of $260 for the upgrade. In addition to that, the Customer support service over the phone was poor. Many disconnects. Had to wait over 30 minutes and call back at least 5 times when we were purchasing the 10 kilos in advance. I will request a refund for the $260 charge.
RouteKochi to Denpasar via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"empty seats made for a comfortable flight"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Jakarta. The only trouble was at boarding, where despite having checked in online and told to go straight to the gate, I was held up for document check and have a paper boarding pass printed. Plane departed on time and arrived 20 minutes early. Plenty of empty seats made for a comfortable flight, though aircon was a bit too cold.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Jakarta
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"baggage policy is ridiculous"

Trip Verified | Denpasar to Kuala Lumpur. This is the worst airline I have ever seen. Their baggage policy is ridiculous. During their online-check-in, there is no option to add additional checkin luggage. Once you have checked-in then, they only allow you to add luggage at a price that is ludicrous (around 14 AUD per Kilo, which is ~7/8 EUR). Talking to the customer service hotline, there is no way to reverse your check-in or add luggage (even if it’s couple days before departure), so you’re forced to pay their luggage pricing. If you are traveling with Malindo make sure that you add luggage at the time you are booking the tickets (via trip.com this was NOT possible), otherwise I can only urge to avoid.
RouteDenpasar to Kuala Lumpur