Malindo Air

"totally contradicting services"

(Nepal)

Trip Verified | Kathmandu to Singapore via Kuala Lumpur. I had a wonderful experience as the crew were friendly. They offered passengers blankets and ear phones. But today (January 13th, January 14th) as I returned from Singapore, I found totally contradicting services when I came from my transit ie. Kuala Lumpur to Kathmandu. - Neither they offered us earphones, nor any blankets. When I asked for a can of beer, the air hostess asked me to pay. And me and few of the passengers did pay for that. I did not find any smiling faces unlike what I experienced in my prior flight. As several of us were in queue for wash room, the crew member so rudely asked us to give her full extra space even though we were giving us enough space to pass.
RouteSingapore to Kathmandu via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"$4XX one way ticket gone"

Trip Verified | Perth to Kuala Lumpur. This is the first time ever that the Airline would weigh my laptop and handbag. I understand the rule of max. 2 handcarry luggages but never ever have any airline count my lap top and hand bag. On that night, I line up for an hour, then the check in counter told me, my hand carry luggage was over weight, OK fine. I moved my stuff to the check- in luggage. After that, the check-in counter staff said only 2 hand-carry are allowed with max 7kg. I need a hand bag to put my document and my laptop is already 3 kg. I told the counter, I am happy to pay for the excess kg even it is at a ridiculous price. She said "I don't have time for this, look at the line behind you!" and she has this attitude problem throughout the process. I asked for her name, she refused to answer and called the manager out. I could not throw any hand-carry away as my little hand-carry luggage was already full. The manager said, you will need to throw one of this away for the flight. At the end, I said ok. I am not flying anymore, $4XX one way ticket gone. The woman staff needs training. Sent them a complaint and never reply.
RoutePerth to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"really bad experience"

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Perth. It is was really bad experience this time, as I flew last month and everything was fine, but yesterday I had been surprised by Malindo new policy with asking money for headphones, blanket, and Pepsi without any announcement. It is considered cheating as there is no warning message or email alerts to customers and no one was prepared for such situation.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Perth
Date FlownDecember 2018

"budget airline in every sense"

Trip Verified | Brisbane to Denpasar. Certainly not a glowing review from us in relation to this flight. So many things made my first Malindo experience a poor one, which I don't intend to repeat. Here goes: 1. Trying to check the status of our flight the night before, Malindo's website system said the flight didn't exist. I double checked and triple checked the details I was entering, making sure I did so as the webpage instructed. Fail. 2. Even after checking in online, the "bag drop" process at the airport was ridiculously inefficient, the queue took so long to get through and the time taken was as if we hadn't already checked in. I noted to the check-in lady the time, she noted that Malindo's check-in system is antiquated and takes far longer to use than every other airline's system. Fail. 3. No entertainment system on a flight over 6 hours. Old aircraft that just doesn't have it fitted. The airline obviously knows that particular aircraft doesn't have entertainment fitted, so an automated courtesy email to passengers would be considered good customer service, so that your customers don't turn up unprepared without a book or magazines or own device with pre-loaded media. Fail. 4. Throughout the flights, the toilets were disgusting. Toilet paper ran out. One of the toilets' soap dispenser was broken - the hostesses response was to wait for the other toilet to wash my hands. Really?! It's obviously been broken for ages, and the airline can't even put a temporary soap dispenser in that toilet? Fail. 5. Onboard catering. No menus, but obviously selling stuff because we saw a couple of people eating something. Once during the >6hr flight, a hostess walked by showing a bottle of water as if to offer it, but walked past so quickly we didn't even have time to stop her! Then I asked to buy something. The only payment method was Aussie cash. Won't take cash of the destination and won't take card payment. Seriously? Fail. Overall, everything about the experience proved this to be a budget airline in every sense. I'll make the effort to just fly Virgin Australia again in future (as I thankfully am for a flight back home).
RouteBrisbane to Denpasar
Date FlownDecember 2018

"the seat was comfortable!"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Penang. It was a 50 minutes flight, so no food was served on board. Surprisingly the seat was comfortable. Entertainment system was available on board, but headphone was not provided, so it's quite worthless because I couldn't watch the movies.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Penang
Date FlownDecember 2018

"didn't get a single answer"

(New Caledonia)

Trip Verified | Kathmandu to Kuala Lumpur. I was in the flight OD183 5th December on my way back from Nepal to New Caledonia where I live. The flight from Kathmandu reached Kuala Lumpur with 1h 45 delay. To catch my connecting to Sydney leaving at 23:20 local time I had no choice than running. I was supposed to get my bag and recheck it as I was changing airline. But I had clearly no time and decided to get next flight instead, which I managed by chance. However I took a minute to go to baggage counter and they gave me a mail address and a phone number to contact later on. To this day I sent 10 mails and called every day and didn't get a single answer. Phone is always busy and nobody can help except telling you to call the number that never answers. One more thing, it is said on the website that check-in close 45 minutes before departures for international. This is wrong! It is one hour before, and this is how I missed a previous flight with the same company. I hate them now.
RouteKathmandu to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownDecember 2018

"seats not all comfortable"

Trip Verified | Perth to Bangkok via Kuala Lumpur. Malindo minimizes expenditure in areas such as check-in desks. For check-in to take over an hour is, however, excessive the three staff struggling with what appeared to be several large family groups travelling with excess luggage, Other airports / airlines apply triage the queue to ensure those who can be quickly processed are prioritized, something that makes life so much easier. The aircraft for the leg from Perth to Kuala Lumpur, though only a year or so old, was for reasons not explained supplied by Batik Air - part of the Lion group - and configured for short-haul routes. Amongst other things, there was no IFE and the seats were not all comfortable for a flight of nearly six hours. The aircraft for the flight from Kuala Lumpur to Don Mueng was similarly in Batik Air colors but was provided with IFE etc. No issues with the connection, including bag transfer, with arrival in Bangkok a few minutes ahead of schedule - the bus used to transfer to the terminal not overly full and likely as not as quick if not quicker than walking from a distant airbridge to the baggage collection hall and immigration
RoutePerth to Bangkok via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownNovember 2018

"I had the worst seating option"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Jakarta. I had the worst seating option ever. 8A doesn't have a window! I felt that the safety demonstrations were not performed professionally and the plane had all in-flight entertainments removed. Food was okay - cheese chicken pizza, but I wished they could have served better. Flight attendants did their job well. I wished that they have a seat map of their planes and improve their food service.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Jakarta
Date FlownDecember 2018

"food was tasty and well presented"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | I flew in on MH and arrived in Suvarnabhumi Airport but I booked a one way return on Malindo from DMK to KUL. Firstly, DMK is such a terrible airport that I can’t recommend it. It is filthy and worn out. Otherwise, the Malindo flight home was unremarkable. The service, boarding etc were all good. The food was tasty and well presented. However, the seats were creaking and showed their age. It was a 1hr 50min flight so that wasn’t a problem. Baggage arrived super fast which is a plus!
RouteBangkok Don Muang to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownNovember 2018

"experience the worst service"

Trip Verified | Perth to Kochi via Kuala Lumpur. Poor service, inadequate facilities, no actions customer service; even refused to give some hot water for a little baby to make feed. They are charging now like other major airlines and no longer economical, less luggage, and you can experience the worst service.
RoutePerth to Kochi via Kuala Lumpur