Level

"Great budget airline"

Trip Verified |  Lisbon to Amsterdam. The Space plus seat is a good affordable seat. I've paid 7,- more for this upgrade, and it's worth it. I'm a camera operator (with a think thank airport international v3) and a manfrotto tripod. They din't make a point about anything. Seat was good, nice crew. Great budget airline. Value for money is good. That's the reason i'll give it a 7/10
AircraftA321-200
RouteLisbon to Amsterdam
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"2 luggages were missing"

Trip Verified | San Francisco to Barcelona to find out that my 2 luggages were missing. I filled a claim and gave them my address and phone number and they never got back to me. I called Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and could not reach anyone, and no one also tried to contact me. I took a taxi and went to the airport, after almost 2 hours in the line I was able to talk to the customer service personnel, although they had no clue of the where about of my luggage.
RouteSan Francisco to Los Angeles
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"We started video recording"

Trip Verified | This morning (Xmas eve) my family and I were traveling from Rome to Amsterdam on Level. When checking in and receiving our boarding passes, we inquired whether our carry on bag size were acceptable and they said yes all is fine. When boarding, the gate agent took issue with the size of our bags and said that we needed to pay $400 to him. We explained that the airline told us they were fine and inquired why he did not think so. He refused to listen and we felt the best action was to pay and also ask for his name so we could report the incident and request refund given our bags were acceptable. When we asked his name, he refused to tell us and become agitated, saying that he would call the police, not let us board, and tell the captain of the airline that we were uncooperative. We started video recording which further angered him. He then asked for my brother’s passport and walked away with it to find a credit card machine, leaving for 5 minutes. After about 20 minutes of waiting one agent finally spoke to him and seemed to reverse his position. He gave us back our boarding passes and placed tags on our bags. We were glad to be able to make the flight but shaken by the incident. We boarded the plane and found the overhead bins to be very large and more than accommodating of our luggage, so we are unable to understand why this agent created such an incident.
RouteRome to Amsterdam
Date FlownDecember 2019

"In short look elsewhere"

Not Verified | San Francisco to Barcelona. Booked premium class travel in September 2019 for departure in December. A week before departure they call me to tell me the reservation actually did not book, even though they charge my credit card. Offered two alternative flights that would both delay our arrival to Barcelona by more than 12 hours and require at least 3 stopovers. 12 hours later they have yet to confirm the charged schedule. In short look elsewhere. No need to risk your travel plans with his airline as all they will do is take your money and ignore the reservation.
RouteSan Francisco to Barcelona
Date FlownDecember 2019

"utter lack of customer service"

Trip Verified | Boston to Barcelona. Because Level is a subsidiary company, if an issue arises that needs an immediate resolution for the customer, it will go unresolved because Level customer support is nonexistent and communication with Iberia has to go through the customer him/herself, and across separate computer systems (critical information is lost in translation). I was prevented from boarding due to an issue of dates in the passport before expiry (on the same flight, another family was sent home without help for the same reason, and a solo passenger was left un-helped due to a 1 letter-mismatch between the name he entered online when reserving his ticket and the name in his ID; no ground staff was able to help him!). The Level manager on shift was verbally hostile and offered no resolution, no way of communicating with Iberia to look into flight change or other solutions, and no alternative options. Only the window clerk offered sheepishly a personal suggestion and gave me a phone number to contact Iberia. When my cell phone had connectivity issues in that particular part of the airport, I was informed that Level had no phone line I could use instead to speak with Iberia. I had to borrow a cell phone from another passenger to call Iberia! Then, I was told the only option was to change my flight, which the Level staff could not do with their laptops, so for that, the Level manager had to enter a note in the system confirming I had shown up for check-in. By that time, the manager had left for the gate (before even all passengers had checked in; in other words, check-in and boarding functions overlap in time and only 1 manager covers both). The check-in clerk tried to enter a note in the computer system (despite not having the credentials for that type of annotation in the system), but that did not get registered on the Iberia end. As a consequence, Iberia was unable to change my flight, despite having telephone record of me having shown up for check-in, and I lost the ticket. This illustrates that despite the convenience of pricing, there is a risk of lost fights should any issue arise, due to the utter lack of customer service.
RouteBoston to Barcelona
Date FlownDecember 2019

"I would fly Level again"

Trip Verified | Luton to Amsterdam in economy. Overall I had a great experience, the flight was slightly delayed due to a late arrival of the aircraft in bound. The check in and service prior to boarding was great, we were kept informed and when we did board, it was done quickly and efficiently. The aircraft are quite modern, clean and have decent legroom (I'm 202cm so I can tell every inch). The cabin staff were friendly and provided a in flight service. We made up time in the air and landed only 20 minutes late. Overall for the price I paid for the ticket and the generous cabin luggage allowed, I would fly Level again.
RouteLuton to Amsterdam
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"will never fly them again"

Not Verified | Boston to Barcelona. Never have I experienced such poor communication and service from an airline. I expected bad and it just got so much worse. The flight ended up being canceled after making us wait for several hours and the crew handled everything horribly. There was no one to contact on the phone because Level customer service is nonexistent and Iberia doesn’t want to take responsibility for their budget airlines’ failures. Now 300 people are stranded for hours with no alternatives until 2 days away. Horrific- I don’t care how affordable the tickets are- they’re cheap for a reason and I will never fly them again.
RouteBoston to Barcelona
Date FlownDecember 2019

"asked where my meal and drinks were"

Trip Verified | Newark to Paris on December 3rd. Everything went smoothly until I boarded the plane. I booked the Level Flex Bundle which allowed me to have 2 checked bags, free choice of seat, plus meal onboard along with modifications to flight and name change. When it came to dinner, only a couple of people who prepaid were given food. I asked where my meal and drinks were since I paid in advance. The stewardess told me that I was part of economy and that no free meal is provided. I proceeded to speak to her colleague, and showed him my reservation to prove that I had paid. They did not want to serve more than one drink to each passenger. When I attempted to use the front bathroom the flight manager stated that I had no right to use those toilets as it’s reserved for premium passengers.
RouteNewark to Paris
Date FlownDecember 2019

"value for money is incredible"

(Georgia)

Trip Verified | I bought a return ticket from Barcelona to Buenos Aires for 550$. Boarding was on time, stuff was polite and we had free food and snacks while on board. Chairs could have been better but there's nothing to complain about. The value for money is incredible. Thank you Level airlines.
RouteBarcelona to Buenos Aires
Date FlownNovember 2019

"slightly superior to Norwegian"

Trip Verified | Newark to Paris Orly. I usually travel Norwegian to Europe so I'll use them as a reference. Overall, I thought the experience was slightly superior to Norwegian - check-in was quick and easy and they didn't seem quite so restrictive with baggage allowances (Norwegian adds up the total of all your carry-on to calculate if you are over the 10 kilo maximum, whereas Level didn't seem so concerned outside of your main carry-on bag). I was able to sit next to my girlfriend with no extra charge. We brought food on-board so didn't purchase anything, but the menu seemed reasonable. The seats were comfortable, the flight stress-free and flying into Orly was a plus: smaller and closer to downtown than DeGaulle. I would probably use them again based on where I'm flying to and the price.
RouteNewark to Paris Orly