Level

"showcased a lack of ethics"

Trip Verified | I purchased a return ticket Newark to Paris Orly with paid 1 check-in luggage on each sector. I had successfully pre-checked in 24 hours prior to departure & printed my boarding pass at home. When I arrived at the airline counter at EWR 3 hours before my flight departure, the ticketing agent received an error message on her computer resulting to her not being able to print my luggage tag & an actual boarding pass. The check-in agent then proceeded to verify that my passport is still valid, that my tickets were valid, that I was cleared to fly by the border control & airport security both in USA and France and I was not in the no-fly-list. The check-in agent then referred the matter to her supervisor, and even the supervisor was unable to resolve the matter. The supervisor then confirmed that it was negligence on the airline's part and that Level has a bug in their check-in system and all this is not my fault at all. At that time, we had already passed the closing time for check-in and there was no way that I, nor my check-in luggage could make the flight in time. The supervisor then took screen shots of the system error on her computer & emailed the Level Airline Manager in Paris. Due to time zone difference, the Manager was not able to reply her promptly, so she told me to go home and wait for a reply from the Manager. The next day I was told that the Manager could not guarantee that they can fix the bug in their system in time for me to board onto their next flight which was the next day, and also my flight back from ORY to EWR. I was advised to purchase a new return flight ticket to Paris with a different airline and claim a full refund of my Level ticket and my airport transportation costs. I then successfully purchased and traveled to Paris with a different low cost airline, and now back to NYC without any problems. Level have replied my emails, but unfortunately they are telling me that they take no responsibility that I wasn't able to make their flight and that my claims cannot be honored. This was their reply "For future reference, we would like to remind you that you have the option of checking in online and printing out your boarding pass in advance. You can do this by following the steps on the page “Check-in Online” of our website. In light of all of the above, and having complied with European regulation 261/2004, we regret informing you that your request can unfortunately not be honored." Seriously what kind of response is that? Does not makes sense at all, I was at the check-in counter 3 hours before departure and even if I have my boarding pass with me, they could not even print out my check-in luggage tag which I paid for? And all this is my fault? I emailed them again saying that they must have not understood my case and that they should investigate my case properly, to please clarify all proof and reports by the EWR supervisor and Level Manager before claiming that this incident is entirely my fault, as if to escape their responsibilities as the airline contracted to take me to Paris at the agreed time. Their reply: "Following our resolution to your case in our previous e-mail, we proceeded to revise this case and have verified that our company has complied at all times with our Conditions of Carriage and the current European air travel regulation. Once again, we regret not being able to honor your request: Seriously, this airline has showcased a lack of ethics, empathy, and integrity at a stunning level!
RouteNewark to Paris Orly
Date FlownOctober 2018

"carry-on allowance of 12 kg"

Trip Verified | Paris Orly to Montréal. Check in staff was rude. Nowhere on the Level website does it say that there is a carry-on baggage weight allowance of 12 kg, which the Swissport staff apply strictly. Not even showing them the website, checking the terms and conditions - nowhere written. Good points : great staff, great entertainment, plane brand new.
AircraftA330-200
RouteParis Orly to Montréal
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"we asked for ticket refund"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Milan to Vienna. We Made an error with a passenger birth date within 24 hours! And I know that is possible change the details within in the next 24 h. But Level and the agency kiwi.com forced us to buy a new ticket because they told us that it was not possible change the birth date! we did not want to have problems so we took another ticket and we later discover that the flight was empty! So we understand the fraud and we asked for ticket refund! No one helped us, They don’t want to refund us and they don’t even want to refund taxes! Moreover it was not possible to do the check in online, the system said that seat for free check-in were finished! Once we were on board we discovered the plane was empty! Another way to force you to select and buy a seat for doing the check in at home!
RouteMilan to Vienna

"Would not recommend"

Trip Verified | Barcelona to Los Angeles. The first time I was ignored the entire flight. They will not serve you a glass of water unless you buy it. Every item you wanted or needed had to be bought at outrages prices including blankets, headsets, water, coffee and so on. They used Iberia airplane with minimal leg room. The crew service was terrible. The cost of each baggage checked in $50. To get to the airplane in Barcelona we had to ride a very crowded bus, and boarding process was very unorganized. Would not recommend this airline.
RouteBarcelona to Los Angeles
Date FlownOctober 2018

"cabin crew very helpful"

(Slovakia)

Trip Verified | Vienna to Milan. Best low cost airline. The plane was very clean, cabin crew very helpful. Plane has nice interior, the flight was almost empty (about 40-60 passengers). Friendly cheap fares and good legroom and USB port for mobile charging.
RouteVienna to Milan

"forget complaining"

Trip Verified | Montréal to Paris, a Level flight operated by Openskies. I contacted them before flying to check-in one luggage. They told me I could only do it at the airport (which was wrong) and then they gave me a wrong price. At the airport I was asked double the price. I called them back, they told me that I was right to fill in a complaint (because their agent made a mistake and they recorded it) but I had to do it through their website. The website wasn't working well, after spending an hour I finally managed to fill in my complaint. A month and a half later I had no answer. I tried to access my complaint online, it didn't work. I called them : no agent can check the status of my complaint, or even take my name or complaint number. the complaint department doesn't talk to customers. They tell me that if I didn't have an answer it is because my complaint was rejected. What kind of company doesn't even reply to its customer when themselves do a mistake? Since there are no ways to contact the complaint service, they tell me to write a new complaint, what a joke! I would have to write a new one on their non-working website and get no answer again if they decide it doesn't apply to their criteria. And nobody in person would never get to check my complaint status anyways. So if you get any trouble with Iberia, forget complaining.
RouteMontréal to Paris

"delayed on our flights"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Barcelona to Oakland. I originally booked with this airline because of the good prices for the flights. But I now regret this decision after being delayed on our outward and return flights. After reviewing this airline on the internet I have come to realize that this seems to be a regular occurrence with this airline. In the future I will definitely avoid this airline.
AircraftA330-200
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteBarcelona to Oakland

"Level is the stingiest"

Trip Verified | Barcelona to Boston. Of all the cheap airlines I've flown, Level is the stingiest - you don't even get a cup of water to drink, let alone meals or snacks. Be sure to bring anything you want to eat or drink on a long flight, or be prepared to pay airport prices for food that's nearly indigestible. The dish called "chicken curry with rice" tasted like recycled paper. Cabin staff ignore you. We writhed in our seats trying to get comfortable but no luck sleeping on this long flight. On the positive side, our trans-Atlantic flight arrived half an hour early.
AircraftAirbus
RouteBarcelona to Boston
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"late 2 hours 55 minutes"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Vienna to Milan. They play with the delay, on both my routes they were late. VIE to MXP was late 2 hours 55 minutes, not surprisingly as EU rules say over 3 hours the company has to reimburse and compensate customers.
RouteVienna to Milan

Level customer review

Trip Verified | This was my first experience with Level / Iberia and it was the worst flying experience. The flight to Barcelona, unlike our return flight, was not completely terrible. Pros: we departed and arrived on time, our bags arrived intact, and the entertainment options onboard were great. The WiFi was mediocre, but that’s pretty common on most international flights. Cons: the flight attendants were hands down the rudest I have ever encountered. This is the only airline I have encountered that does not provide you with one glass of water on a 12 hour flight unless you request it and pay $5 for it. The return flight was a disaster. We arrived at the airport in Barcelona almost three hours before our departure time. We were unable to complete our check in online due to a computer error. We had a bag to check anyway, so we figured we’d just do it at the airport. However, when we arrived, the check in line was incredibly long and just got longer after our arrival. The line moved unbelievably slow. No one knew why. There were 5 attendants checking people in - all of them for our flight. They were each taking an average of 10 minutes to check in each party. After an hour of this and having hardly moved in the line, I went to front to find out what was going on and if we were going to make the flight. Found out that the computer error was universal and that no one could check in online. But the fact that this was not communicated to any of us in line made for a very tense situation. I was later told by another passenger in line that an attendant had told her they would hold the flight until everyone had checked in and gotten on board. But they never changed the flight departure time, and as it got increasingly closer to departure time, we all grew more and more worried. Add to this that the airport had poor air conditioning. After over 2.5 hours in line, we finally got checked in. The attendant told us that she hoped we made the flight, but to run, because it was departing in 10 minutes. And we still needed to get through security. So we ran. At the gate? “We are trying to hold the flight for you. Please hurry.” Once through, then wait in an shuttle bus with 40 sweating passengers to take you to another terminal to the plane. Rushed and pushed by employees and still left an hour late. Once on board, rude attendants unwilling to help with finding carryon space. Onboard no WiFi, completely broken. Freezing cold airplane, even with two sweatshirts on, but you could buy a $15 blanket if you wanted. Broken food ordering system. No one to collect trash. Then yelled at for leaving it on the floor. And they lost our luggage.
RouteBarcelona to Los Angeles