Level

"I would recommend this airline"

Not Verified | Vienna to Amsterdam. The ticket price was really cheap so i was very glad that the airplane was very modern. The staff seemed very young but they were helpful and friendly. I had an empty seat next to me but the rest of the plane was more or less full so I was lucky. The seats were comfortable and the flight was on time. The food was good. I would recommend this airline.
RouteVienna to Amsterdam
Date FlownJune 2019

"had a really good experience"

Not Verified | Vienna to Gatwick. I just had a really good experience with Level airline via Vueling. My EasyJet late night flight was cancelled due to problems in Gatwick and they booked us the next day for the same late night flight, where all other companies were booking for first flight. So I purchased an earlier flight via Vueling for Level. Only after did I see the reviews and freaked out! Thankfully, I had the complete opposite experience.! Staff were super polite and helpful, I called customer service who were super efficient, courteous and helped with my queries. Gatwick again cancelled the flights, but Level immediately allocated all passengers to the first flight in the morning. Again, the service was great, flight was seamless and no luggage was lost.
RouteVienna to Gatwick
Date FlownJuly 2019

"This airline is terrible"

Not Verified | Paris Orly to Newark. This airline is terrible. Like many other reviews noted, we did not book with Level but with Iberia. Level has stranded us in Paris with no communication about next arrangements despite numerous calls to their customer service. We have booked a flight home at our expense. Iberia should reconsider their affiliation with this incompetent organization.
RouteParis Orly to Newark
Date FlownJuly 2019

"They lost my luggage"

Trip Verified | Paris Orly to Newark. They lost my luggage, no gate agent to report it to. Finally after an hour got a bag employee to take report. Impossible to speak to a human, only take email and unresponsive. Luggage still lost and no sign of compensation. I would pay more to fly with a airline that you can speak to someone. Lesson learned!
RouteParis Orly to Newark
Date FlownMay 2019

"they lost my baggage"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | Copenhagen to Vienna. I would encourage you to try to avoid this airline as much as possible because : I traveled from Copenhagen to Vienna (VK1021 : 2nd June 2019 ) and they lost my baggage. I tried to call them several times a day for 13 days and they had no information whatsoever so I believed them and didn't try to do anything else. On 14th day by complete co-incidence I called baggage lost counter at Vienna airport to ask them about my luggage, they gave the location of my baggage and tried to solve the problem. In any case I called LEVEL again just to confirm and they said 'sorry we forgot to tell you your baggage was found in Prague'. They didn't reply nor had any more information, so I hung up the phone I knew it was a waste of time ! I am still trying to locate my baggage. I have lost a baggage before and received it with respect and compensation. I am not against airline losing stuff but in this case I want to emphasize how terrible the services are. If the customer knows more about his lost baggage than the customer care, then company is already going downhill.
RouteCopenhagen to Vienna
Date FlownJune 2019

"experience was a nightmare"

Trip Verified | Newark to Paris. My experience was a nightmare. This was primarily due to the very rude and rough behavior of the Level Airlines Team, on board, towards me and other passengers. They were extremely rude, would not stop to ask passengers such as me if I wanted to buy something to eat or drink, would not reply when talked to. One of the hostesses ran her trolley into my foot and did not apologise until I insisted ; another Airhostess was putting her elbow almost into my face while I was asleep in order to serve a passenger their pre-booked meal behind me, this woke me up and she refused to answer when I asked her politely if she could move the trolley up a little, finally after I asked 4 times in 2 different languages, she said no, she would not move the trolley and told me "there is no need to be unpleasant." Seats are poor quality with thin cushioning, very little leg space, they provide no headphones, and bundles it into a 16 USD package, same with blankets etc. The airline accepts payment in EUR or Credit card, does not accept USD.
RouteNewark to Paris
Date FlownJune 2019

"it was one of the worst flights"

Not Verified | Barcelona to San Francisco. We were originally supposed to fly on Iberia and were put on a Level flight, it was one of the worst flights ever. Attendants were rude, they didn't have much food on board, you had to literally grab an attendant to get anything, their credit card machine worked about half of the time, when asked for water they told my daughter to go to the back of the plane and get it herself. The attendants did not speak English, and on and on. All the announcements were in Spanish so you did not know what was going on.
RouteBarcelona to San Francisco
Date FlownJune 2019

"recommend highly this airline"

Not Verified | Paris to Montreal. Excellent. Brand new aircrafts. Very happy. One of the best airlines I have seen. Even their safety movie is different, fun and modern. I recommend highly this airline.
RouteParis to Montreal
Date FlownMay 2019

"customer service was unacceptable"

Trip Verified | Newark to Paris. Do not fly with Level. The airline canceled our flight and the customer service following the cancellation and trying to get a resolution to all of the problems it has caused to our travel plans has been deplorable. The soonest Level would rebook us on an outbound flight was four days later, and then Level canceled that flight too, meaning the soonest they could accommodate us was five days after we were originally supposed to fly. They ruined our vacation and we weren't able to travel at all. Level's customer service was unacceptable during the entire process. The night of the cancellation, clueless airport staff kept people standing around for hours trying to figure out what to do. All they kept saying was we had to call the customer service phone number, which was closed. It's ridiculous that customer service phone lines are not staffed at the times flights are operating to handle these issues. It took more than two hours before staff was even able to start providing hotel rooms, and then even then, there were not enough hotel rooms for all of the impacted passengers. Level airport staff were terrible at communicating information during the whole process. Level airport staff told passengers who weren't able to get a hotel room to find their own way to their accommodation and then the airline would reimburse them for any costs. Nope. Contacted Level after the fact and they continue to give us the runaround and try to weasel out of providing the reimbursement (which is required by EU regulations when the airline cancels a flight). More than a month later and they have still not done anything to resolve the issue. Then when we submitted a claim for the cancellation compensation we were entitled to under the EU 261 air passenger rights regulations, Level fabricated some story about the cancellation being due to "extraordinary circumstances" to weasel out of providing the compensation as required by the law, yet they have ignored multiple requests to provide documentation/substantiation of their claim of "extraordinary circumstances", as required by the European regulations. Every time you try to contact Level "customer service" they just copy and paste some irrelevant form reply and don't actually read or do anything about the issue you e-mailed them about. Avoid Level at all costs. It is not worth the risk and frustration to get burnt by their terrible customer service. Just think, if they stranded you in your destination city away from home for five days or more, not lifting a finger to help you during the process. It's worth the extra money to fly with a real airline instead.
RouteNewark to Paris
Date FlownApril 2019

"had 3 seats all to myself"

Trip Verified | Vienna to Gatwick. The plane was new, and very comfortable inside. I was very pleased to see that changing my seat at the last minute had worked, as I now had 3 seats all to myself. Once onboard, we were told that due to fog at Gatwick, there will be a 2 hour slot delay. To their credit, the cabin crew came around handing out glasses of water, and started a round with the trolleys, coming round and offering us things to Purchase. I bought a packet of crisps and a glass of wine, and was very impressed with the relatively low price. Once we finally got airborne, they did another round of service. The crew were kind and professional. Another benefit is that they have USB charge points at every seat on the A321s. We landed at Gatwick just under 2 hours late, but that was not the fault of the airline. Many flights on Level are very cheap, and if the price is right, I would not hesitate to use them again.
RouteVienna to Gatwick