Level

"don't have to offer me a refund"

Trip Verified | Level refuses to offer refund for cancelled Gatwick to Vienna flight booked for December 2019. My flight was cancelled ("not operating" according to them) and I was re-routed onto two new flights via Barcelona. According to EU Regulation No 261/2004 as well as Vueling's Passengers' rights document (which is what is linked to from Level's website), I "shall be offered the choice between" reimbursement or re-routing. It is not a schedule change, as I've been re-routed onto two different flights with different flight numbers than my original flight. Level is insisting that it is instead a schedule change and claiming that they don't have to offer me a refund.
RouteGatwick to Vienna
Date FlownOctober 2019

"Only food for purchase was available"

Trip Verified | Barcelona to San Francisco. This was our first flight with Iberia. First of all, our bookings were with Iberia. Imagine our surprise when we approached the Iberia desk for our boarding passes and discover that we were not flying Iberia, but another airline: Level. We were given no notification of the change beforehand even though Iberia had our contact information. We had never heard of Level Airlines, but then again, we had never been to Spain before. Our biggest complaint was that we were passed by during food service and we had no idea why. After serving other passengers, we were able to discover the problem. We had not pre-ordered food when we booked our flight. Only food for purchase was available to us. When we took advantage of this “perk”, only one selection was available. Add to this, old airplane, dirty bathrooms with sinks that didn’t drain, and attendants that were marginally interested in their jobs (except for one dear heart), it was not a top flight. Since we booked with Iberia and were not informed of the airline change, it was impossible to pre-order food on an airline we had no idea we would travel. We did not book last minute, but four months prior to our trip. Iberia had plenty of time to notify us of the change. There was no indication that food would not be served unless pre-ordered or paid when we booked the flight. A big oversight on the part of Iberia.
RouteBarcelona to San Francisco
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"Excellent all round"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Paris to Newark. Excellent all round. Having seen some really negative comments I was concerned but on this occasion no need to be. Easy to check in on line, deposit bag and collect boarding pass. Boarding straightforward, comfortable seat and attentive cabin crew. Flight left on time and arrived early. Couldn't have been better and at a very reasonable cost too!
RouteParis to Newark
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"I would recommend this airline"

Not Verified | Vienna to Amsterdam. The ticket price was really cheap so i was very glad that the airplane was very modern. The staff seemed very young but they were helpful and friendly. I had an empty seat next to me but the rest of the plane was more or less full so I was lucky. The seats were comfortable and the flight was on time. The food was good. I would recommend this airline.
RouteVienna to Amsterdam
Date FlownJune 2019

"had a really good experience"

Not Verified | Vienna to Gatwick. I just had a really good experience with Level airline via Vueling. My EasyJet late night flight was cancelled due to problems in Gatwick and they booked us the next day for the same late night flight, where all other companies were booking for first flight. So I purchased an earlier flight via Vueling for Level. Only after did I see the reviews and freaked out! Thankfully, I had the complete opposite experience.! Staff were super polite and helpful, I called customer service who were super efficient, courteous and helped with my queries. Gatwick again cancelled the flights, but Level immediately allocated all passengers to the first flight in the morning. Again, the service was great, flight was seamless and no luggage was lost.
RouteVienna to Gatwick
Date FlownJuly 2019

"This airline is terrible"

Not Verified | Paris Orly to Newark. This airline is terrible. Like many other reviews noted, we did not book with Level but with Iberia. Level has stranded us in Paris with no communication about next arrangements despite numerous calls to their customer service. We have booked a flight home at our expense. Iberia should reconsider their affiliation with this incompetent organization.
RouteParis Orly to Newark
Date FlownJuly 2019

"They lost my luggage"

Trip Verified | Paris Orly to Newark. They lost my luggage, no gate agent to report it to. Finally after an hour got a bag employee to take report. Impossible to speak to a human, only take email and unresponsive. Luggage still lost and no sign of compensation. I would pay more to fly with a airline that you can speak to someone. Lesson learned!
RouteParis Orly to Newark
Date FlownMay 2019

"they lost my baggage"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | Copenhagen to Vienna. I would encourage you to try to avoid this airline as much as possible because : I traveled from Copenhagen to Vienna (VK1021 : 2nd June 2019 ) and they lost my baggage. I tried to call them several times a day for 13 days and they had no information whatsoever so I believed them and didn't try to do anything else. On 14th day by complete co-incidence I called baggage lost counter at Vienna airport to ask them about my luggage, they gave the location of my baggage and tried to solve the problem. In any case I called LEVEL again just to confirm and they said 'sorry we forgot to tell you your baggage was found in Prague'. They didn't reply nor had any more information, so I hung up the phone I knew it was a waste of time ! I am still trying to locate my baggage. I have lost a baggage before and received it with respect and compensation. I am not against airline losing stuff but in this case I want to emphasize how terrible the services are. If the customer knows more about his lost baggage than the customer care, then company is already going downhill.
RouteCopenhagen to Vienna
Date FlownJune 2019

"experience was a nightmare"

Trip Verified | Newark to Paris. My experience was a nightmare. This was primarily due to the very rude and rough behavior of the Level Airlines Team, on board, towards me and other passengers. They were extremely rude, would not stop to ask passengers such as me if I wanted to buy something to eat or drink, would not reply when talked to. One of the hostesses ran her trolley into my foot and did not apologise until I insisted ; another Airhostess was putting her elbow almost into my face while I was asleep in order to serve a passenger their pre-booked meal behind me, this woke me up and she refused to answer when I asked her politely if she could move the trolley up a little, finally after I asked 4 times in 2 different languages, she said no, she would not move the trolley and told me "there is no need to be unpleasant." Seats are poor quality with thin cushioning, very little leg space, they provide no headphones, and bundles it into a 16 USD package, same with blankets etc. The airline accepts payment in EUR or Credit card, does not accept USD.
RouteNewark to Paris
Date FlownJune 2019

"it was one of the worst flights"

Not Verified | Barcelona to San Francisco. We were originally supposed to fly on Iberia and were put on a Level flight, it was one of the worst flights ever. Attendants were rude, they didn't have much food on board, you had to literally grab an attendant to get anything, their credit card machine worked about half of the time, when asked for water they told my daughter to go to the back of the plane and get it herself. The attendants did not speak English, and on and on. All the announcements were in Spanish so you did not know what was going on.
RouteBarcelona to San Francisco