Iberia Express

"staff were very cautious about mask wearing"

Trip Verified | No frills flight in a high density A321, mainly used between continental Spain and islands. Boarding was well organized to maintain social distancing and staff were very cautious about mask wearing. Luggage was delivered immediately.
AircraftA321 NEO
RouteMadrid to Palma
Date FlownAugust 2021

"did not let us board the flight"

Trip Verified | While boarding a plane to Santorini and despite of having all required covid related documents, Iberia Express did not let us board the flight. Further, they did not take our bags off the airplane. Since we did not make the flight to Greece, we stayed in Spain without our luggage and had to buy the essentials to last few days. We are back in USA now and still don't have our bags and it's been 5 days. Iberia customer service is terrible, their luggage tracing system is a complete mess, rude uncaring staff on the phone and in airport unwilling to help.
RouteMadrid to Santorini
Date FlownAugust 2021

"a nice experience"

Not Verified | Stuttgart to Las Palmas via Madrid. Before the flight, I needed to contact their hotline. The German hotline is a total disaster. Even after having tries it for more than 20 times it was impossible to reach someone. You are redirected from one announcement to another and at the end you get kicked out. Unacceptable and unprofessional. Finally I called Iberia in Spain and - to my surprise - not only did I reach someone just after three attempts. My problem was solve immediately by a friendly and competent employee. Due to the bad experience with the German hotline, we had very limited expectations regarding the flights. But - to our surprise again - all flights were quite enjoyable. Nice staff, good food, decent space. And all flights were on time. It is not a real business class but very good value for money. Overall, a nice experience and nothing to complain about. But Iberia badly needs to improve their German service hotline.
AircraftA320/321
RouteStuttgart to Las Palmas via Madrid
Date FlownJuly 2021

"your staff were simply disgusting in their attitude"

Not Verified | I have just missed a flight with your airline through no fault of my own. I arrived at Palma, Mallorca airport with more than enough time to board the domestic flight I was meant to board. Having talked with a few others who were in line with me, we were becoming worried we’d miss the flight. Someone went to check and was told the check in gate was opened now, there were absolutely no over head speaker announcements for passengers for flight IB3923 at 11.20 Palma to Madrid on 25/7/21 to come forward ahead of the line to board immediately. We all missed our flight. To my amazement your staff were simply disgusting in their attitude towards what had gone on, there was absolutely no remorse from either of them and I was simply told to book another flight as if it was just another normal thing and we’ve all got the financial capacity to afford it. This is the worst experience I’ve had with a company in my life let alone an airline company and you should be appalled and ashamed of your staff member attitudes and inadequacy in processing a larger number of passengers wanting to check into there respective flights. I can safely say having had the worst customer service I’ve ever received I will never recommend you to anyone.
RoutePalma, Mallorca to Athens via Madrid
Date FlownJuly 2021

"No refund given from Iberia"

Not Verified | No refund given from Iberia, after 20 emails and several phone call attempts to recover my fee, still no refund issued to me after they cancelled the flight due to covid. They refuse to give me back my money without supplying any flight, unprofessional and terrible customer service. I will never use Iberia again.
RouteLondon Gatwick to Madrid
Date FlownJune 2020

"Two weeks later I'm still waiting"

Trip Verified | They cancelled 2 of my flights due to the coronavirus. For the first flight, I stupidly accepted a voucher, only to find out that they've trebled the prices of flights next year. I decided to ask for a refund for my second flight. Their cancellation form only gives options for voucher, rebooking and 'other'. Their facebook people told me to select 'other'. I did this and got an email a day later telling me that their customer services would be in touch in 'a few days'. Two weeks later I'm still waiting. I don't mind waiting for a refund, but waiting just to apply for a refund is disgraceful.
RouteGatwick to Madrid
Date FlownJuly 2020

"Great job for a low-cost"

Trip Verified | Gran Canaria to Madrid. Great job for a low-cost airline. Punctual, and excellent onboard entertainment system. Maybe the seats are a little bit cramped, but it is low cost.
RouteGran Canaria to Madrid
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"Iberia's low cost subsidiary"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | Madrid to Copenhagen. While the flight was on time I find both the quality of the plane and the service at the airport under standard of what to be expected from a flag carrier. Even though it this is Iberia's low cost subsidiary this plane was about 20 years old and it showed. Their on demand service with movies worked so slowly that it close to pointless. I generally had the feeling that I had payed a heavy overprise so I expected much and got a service like a low cost airline. The only choice from Copenhagen to Madrid is Iberia Express if not wanting to support Ryanair.
RouteMadrid to Copenhagen
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"unsatisfied and disappointed"

(Lebanon)

Trip Verified | Beirut to Tenerife via Madrid. Yesterday (November the 16th), I took a flight from Beirut to Tenerife with a stop in Madrid to my surprise once I reached my final destination my luggage never arrived. (and I still haven't received it). After 40 minutes of waiting for it at the luggage conveyor belt, I realized it wasn’t there. I tried asking around and found an Iberia desk with an agent who reassured me by telling me that the luggage had arrived and that it was located in the floor downstairs, so naturally, I went to that floor and searched for around 15 minutes but it wasn't there. So, I went back to the agent to let him know that I still did not find my luggage and he told me that he would check again by himself. After having disappeared for over 20 minutes, he informed me that it was still in Madrid. So I had just lost 1 hour searching for something that wasn’t even there (after having flown for over 6 hours, with an 8-hour layover so you can imagine how tired I was) I started wondering: Why did he tell me before to search for it elsewhere? Did he even check and track my luggage when I first mentioned it wasn't there? Anyway, the agent took some information in order to send me luggage on the next day (today, November the 17th) and guaranteed that it will definitely arrive on a plane coming from Madrid to Tenerife. I got reassured as I saw a flyer mentioning an award Iberia (the airline I had just taken) received for its lost baggage's management. However, no one contacted me and I didn’t get any information on my missing luggage! Therefore, I called Iberia's office located at Tenerife’s Airport through several numbers and no one ever answered (one phone number wasn’t even working). I even called Iberia's headquarters office in England and was given another number to call. I had again wasted 1 hour between unanswered calls and automated answering machines for this same matter. Until I finally got my answer and to my surprise, my luggage was still in Madrid even though the airport agent assured me I was going to get it by today! I realize now how inconsistent this airport agent is, and how unprofessional and terrible Iberia's lost and found service is. The worst part is that Iberia is supposedly awarded for lost luggage management? All full of lies!! We live in a century where time is money. I already wasted a considerable amount of time on this matter and I can’t afford wasting more of it to get respected and have my luggage back! I am a very unsatisfied and disappointed customer, especially that it’s my first day at work tomorrow and don’t have a decent piece of clothes! I will make sure to never take this airline again if given the choice and would certainly never recommend it.
RouteBeirut to Tenerife via Madrid
Date FlownNovember 2019

"service is extremely limited"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Tenerife to Madrid. The plane was not cleaned very well, the service is extremely limited a small hot dish with some rice and pork and a miniscule cake. A small glass of orange juice as welcome, only one service of drinks FA were closing the curtain very often. Long waiting in Madrid before the gate was open.
RouteTenerife to Madrid