Iberia Express

"unsatisfied and disappointed"

(Lebanon)

Trip Verified | Beirut to Tenerife via Madrid. Yesterday (November the 16th), I took a flight from Beirut to Tenerife with a stop in Madrid to my surprise once I reached my final destination my luggage never arrived. (and I still haven't received it). After 40 minutes of waiting for it at the luggage conveyor belt, I realized it wasn’t there. I tried asking around and found an Iberia desk with an agent who reassured me by telling me that the luggage had arrived and that it was located in the floor downstairs, so naturally, I went to that floor and searched for around 15 minutes but it wasn't there. So, I went back to the agent to let him know that I still did not find my luggage and he told me that he would check again by himself. After having disappeared for over 20 minutes, he informed me that it was still in Madrid. So I had just lost 1 hour searching for something that wasn’t even there (after having flown for over 6 hours, with an 8-hour layover so you can imagine how tired I was) I started wondering: Why did he tell me before to search for it elsewhere? Did he even check and track my luggage when I first mentioned it wasn't there? Anyway, the agent took some information in order to send me luggage on the next day (today, November the 17th) and guaranteed that it will definitely arrive on a plane coming from Madrid to Tenerife. I got reassured as I saw a flyer mentioning an award Iberia (the airline I had just taken) received for its lost baggage's management. However, no one contacted me and I didn’t get any information on my missing luggage! Therefore, I called Iberia's office located at Tenerife’s Airport through several numbers and no one ever answered (one phone number wasn’t even working). I even called Iberia's headquarters office in England and was given another number to call. I had again wasted 1 hour between unanswered calls and automated answering machines for this same matter. Until I finally got my answer and to my surprise, my luggage was still in Madrid even though the airport agent assured me I was going to get it by today! I realize now how inconsistent this airport agent is, and how unprofessional and terrible Iberia's lost and found service is. The worst part is that Iberia is supposedly awarded for lost luggage management? All full of lies!! We live in a century where time is money. I already wasted a considerable amount of time on this matter and I can’t afford wasting more of it to get respected and have my luggage back! I am a very unsatisfied and disappointed customer, especially that it’s my first day at work tomorrow and don’t have a decent piece of clothes! I will make sure to never take this airline again if given the choice and would certainly never recommend it.
RouteBeirut to Tenerife via Madrid
Date FlownNovember 2019

"service is extremely limited"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Tenerife to Madrid. The plane was not cleaned very well, the service is extremely limited a small hot dish with some rice and pork and a miniscule cake. A small glass of orange juice as welcome, only one service of drinks FA were closing the curtain very often. Long waiting in Madrid before the gate was open.
Date FlownNovember 2019

"it was a decent flight"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | Tenerife to Madrid and it was a decent flight, actually the ground staff was very polite because they also changed my seat as I asked for it. I was feeling a bit sick and very weak during the flight so before taking off I´ve asked for a blanket and a pillow and the lady brought it to me. The seats are not too bad if you are in not seating in the middle, where I was located, although the airplane was not clean, which I think it´s a shame.
AircraftA320-200
Date FlownJuly 2019

"doesn't offer a little snack"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | Madrid to Tenerife. I was booked on this flight as connecting from Venice, and this was operated by Iberia Express. I went to the counter as I wanted to change seat, if possible, as my friends had another seat assigned. When I went to the counter there were two people sitting there, one lady which was the first one I went to, which asked me to wait, as she was on her phone, I was upset so I just went to the other hostess which was very kind and bit sarcastic, and he helped me out with the tickets. Once at the gate my friends which were coming from another connecting flight, had a big delay which was almost overlapping with our next flight to Tenerife. I was afraid that they would have missed their flight. When I talked to the hostess, she was looking like she was not caring. When they started to understand what the issue was, they tried to make sure that they could make it, as it was just a little overlapping delay than. Luckily, we made it to the flight and before taking off the flight attendant came to all the passengers to offer some water. Iberia doesn´t offer a little snack, which I could almost understand on a 45 minutes flight, but that flight was 2/2.5h long. The flight was basically a night flight, so everything went smooth until we reached the destination.
AircraftA319-100
RouteMadrid to Tenerife
Date FlownAugust 2019

"refund of the airport taxes"

Trip Verified | Berlin to Madrid. For personal reasons I couldn't travel. The website is not accessible for complaints or doubts. After looking in Intenet, I found a telephone where you can call them and ask. Once I got in touch I asked for a refund of the airport taxes. It is true that they return them, but they charge a management fee higher than the fees, so they do not return anything. From the consumer's point of view, we are unprotected.
RouteBerlin to Madrid
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"they refused to return it"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | I had a flight Tenerife - Madrid - Paris on 7th on June. Customer service told me I can buy additional baggage during online check-in. I did it once which cost me 40 euro. But baggage wasn't added. Okay, I called customer service again and asked why. They advised me to try again, 40 euros were withdrawn from my bank account. After that there were still no baggage in my order. I had to drive to the airport the day before my flight to buy baggage manually from the Iberia desk. Everything went good, and I finally got my baggage. But they still couldn't see two of my other attempts to buy it. So I tried to return money with the help of bank. After two months they refused to return it as they see the service as it was provided.
Date FlownJune 2019

"I had been placed on standby"

Trip Verified | Madrid to Fuerteventura. I tried before I departed to check in but the site kept crashing so had no choice to wait till Madrid. Got to the check in counter to find that I had been placed on standby as they claimed to the flight was over booked. Went to the gate as instructed, the attendant there was very unhelpful and said wait till everyone has boarded to see if there is a seat available. So I waited with 10 others in the same situation. Lucky was able to get a seat, in fact all waiting people got a seat. Boarded the plane and found someone in my allocated seat. Asked them about it and she said the stewardess said she could sit there as it was a spare seat. Ok if it was a known spare seat why was I waitlisted? In fact after all the 10 of us who were standby boarded tgete were a couple of empty seats left. Also the ticket clearly said snack included in the flight but you had to pay for them. Arrived at the destination and went to collect bags. After all the bags had been off loaded almost half of the planes passengers bags had not arrived. Mine was still in Madrid with the rest of the passengers bags. How can an Airline forget half of the bags?
RouteMadrid to Fuerteventura
Date FlownAugust 2019

"did not receive a refund"

Trip Verified | I booked a flight to Madrid from Dusseldorf for 09.07.2019. The flight was cancelled last minute after midnight and we were just informed via email about an alternative flight which includes a stopover London and which required 3 times more time to reach. And even we didn't approve this change they don't refund the ticket's cost or any other action. We did not get on the alternative flight we did not opt for. After attempting to reach customer services via telephone they wanted us to open a ticket because they cannot see the incident in their system. And after opening a ticket and waiting for 5 more days we did not receive a refund but a joke: Dear Customer, we apologize for the inconvenience caused by the incident on your flight I23137 dated 9/07/2019. In order to carry out our daily operation, we depend on external factors that are beyond our scope of control and before which we have no possibility of action. Our main objective is to offer a better service to our customers every day and reduce the impact of these factors on their experience. Unfortunately, and despite our efforts, in this case, we were not been able to prevent our customers from being affected. We thank you for your understanding and reiterate our apologies for not having fulfilled your expectations. We hope your next flights are satisfactory. Thank you for continuing trust in Iberia. Kind regards, Iberia Express Customer Services
RouteDusseldorf to Madrid
Date FlownJuly 2019

"unpleasant and unfriendly staff"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | Madrid to Santa Cruz de La Palma with Iberia Express. Too small space for legs if you are over 180 cm, quite unpleasant and unfriendly staff (like most Iberia staff) with very limited knowledge of English.
RouteMadrid to Santa Cruz de La Palma
Date FlownApril 2019

"Horrible customer support"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Porto via Madrid. My experience with Iberia is quite upsetting, it pretty much started even before I got into the plane. I ordered my ticket a while before the flight was supposed to happen and 2 days before takeoff I went over to the website to select my seats and do my online check-in, however, when I tried to do so I was met with a fee for each seat. Due to the fact that I went from the Netherlands to Portugal via Spain, I had to pay for 4 seats, each seat was at least €8 and at most €14, which came down to an additional €32 at the very least just to be able to sit. This was the first time ever I ordered tickets with Iberia as normally I fly via other companies and I was never asked to pay for my seats before unless they provided me with extra space for my legs or other luxury benefits. I called Iberia and was met with an extremely rude customer service person who barely spoke any English. I told him that I couldn't pay for the seats as the only payment method they offered was via credit card, which I don't have; He said: "If you don't want to pay you can just go and pay at the airport" to which I replied: Well, I am currently in the payment screen for a reason, it's just impossible to pay like this. His response remained the same, giving me a feeling like I was being cheap. Once I finally boarded the first plane everything was alright, of course, food and drinks were overpriced by a lot but I was actually quite thirsty and bought myself a coke, then some turbulence happened, the plane started to shake and a moment later I found myself, my seat and the ground below me covered in coke, the flight attendants looked at me with a rather unamused face and threw me some wipes to clean myself and my seat while speaking to me in Spanish, when I said I don't speak nor understand Spanish she shrugged and walked off. Horrible customer support, flight attendants don't care and aren't helpful, due to not being able to choose my own seats I had some horrible experiences with other customers on the plane which I didn't describe.
RouteAmsterdam to Porto via Madrid