FlySafair

"not respectful to senior passengers"

(Zambia)

Not Verified | Staff were semi friendly but not respectful to senior passengers, our luggage was man handled, one suitcase was damaged on the corner. My husband and I will never ever use local airlines again, you guys can actually go and learn from other countries about customer service and respect for the elderly, Zambian airlines crew have very friendly cabin crew and service.
RouteFrom King Shaka to O.R Tambo via Limpopo

"I felt robbed"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Johannesburg to Cape Town. The worst customer service ever, I was made to pay for a 7kg hand bag. This is the hand bag that I always travel with and no one bothered to explain how on earth my bag was charged without measuring it. I felt robbed and still want my refund.
RouteJohannesburg to Cape Town
Date FlownDecember 2020

"I won’t fly with them again"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | I checked in 24hours before my flight so that I could sit at the front window seat but when I went to board, they made me move to the back aisle seat because the plane wasn’t full and they needed me to balance the plane. After they forced me to move, they failed to clear an error with my boarding and decided to offload my bag from the plane instead of checking whether I was onboard or not. I landed at 4pm, it’s now after 11am the next day, I still don’t have my bag and no one is answering my calls. I won’t fly with them again.

"I'm so disappointed"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Our flight got delayed from 20:45 to 23:00,traveling with my 6 year old son. Worst experience for his first flight, he fell asleep on the benches while waiting for our flight that kept getting delayed until 23:00. We missed our transport in Johannesburg, just imagine. What a hell of a day! I regret booking a late flight and this is my first experience with FlySafair. I'm so disappointed, if I had know I would have booked another time or used another airline. No explanation, just that there was a delay with another inbound flight.
RouteDurban to Johannesburg
Date FlownDecember 2020

"no agents to answer any calls"

(South Africa)

Not Verified | This airline is pathetic and are impossible to get hold of. Their whatsapp doesn't exist and they have no agents to answer any calls. I booked a ticket with them and i said the payment didnt go through so i then used a different card incase it was an issue with my card and it still did not go through. The next day I tried again and it worked. The following day I checked my credit card statement and saw that all three payments had gone through! There is no-one at Flysafair to answer and help sort out my situation.
Date FlownNovember 2020

"Our seats were cancelled"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Fly Safair - Running the monopoly in SA. Walking towards the counter, already checked in an hour before the flight, I have a medical condition meaning I cannot stand for very long periods of time and stayed seated while the able passengers stood in the queue for over 20 min to board. Not wanting to be the one that holds up the flight and only with a a handbag, I walked toward the counter as I could not run because of AS. The Safair staff member then promptly closed the door, to tell me I'm late his face implying that I should have run, we explained that I have a medical condition and therefore could not run. The 20 m gap, People were still boarding the plane, we begged him to allow us que, his comment to me was, mam you don't look sick. Our seats were cancelled. They said Good luck to you, come back in the morning. With no place to stay in Durban and no transport, I walked a few more meters and my back was in so much pain, that I asked for a wheelchair, do I have any rights?
Date FlownNovember 2020

"shouted at me in front of other people"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | I had a problem when i was doing the last check in before i board, i was only holding my phone which had my boarding pass on. The lady who was checking me in shouted at me in front of other people checking in asking me if it was my first time to fly as i didnt know that i have to present my id. It was so embarrassing and she went on and on. I did email flysafair with the complaint and noone got back to me. The way she shouted at me was like I'm a small kid.
Date FlownNovember 2020

"Will not use them again"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Johannesburg to George. 2 hour delay, old planes would not recommend. Poor communication from the airline. Will not use them again. Cheap in this case means cheap planes.
Date FlownMarch 2020

"toilet was disgusting"

Trip Verified | My flight FA295 on 19th February 2020 from Cape Town to Johannesburg on FlySafair was good until I had the misfortune to use the toilet. It was disgusting, dirty grimy and appeared as if it had not been cleaned for weeks.
RouteCape Town to Johannesburg
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"the plane was delayed"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | I booked my daughter on the FlySafair flight, SA161 Durban to Cape Town. When she checked in this morning, she received an sms to tell her the plane was delayed. The flight was due to depart at 09:30, the revised departure time was 15:30. She was advised that she could book another flight with another airline and FlySafair would refund us within 14 to 21 working days. The knock on effect is that we have to try and arrange new lifts and her meeting at the university would be postponed. How is FlySafair rated the most on time airline in South Africa? From now on I will book my daughter on British Airways as I travel almost weekly for business and the longest delay has been 15 mins.
Date FlownJanuary 2020