Egyptair

"altogether a good experience"

(Kuwait)

Trip Verified | Kuwait to New York via Cairo. I recently flew the EgyptAir route from Kuwait to JFK through Cairo and it was altogether a good experience. From the online check-in to baggage claim, things were fine, quick and efficient, though I must note that on one or two of my flights, I wasn't given the seat I choose during online checkin for no explained reason. Planes were on time (fairly) and we got to each destination in time. I flew economy regular and it was more than acceptable with good legroom, good amenities like blankets, pillows, and we even got a little duffle bag with earplugs, eye cover and other things in it which was a nice touch. The inflight entertainment, though not to the level of Emirates or Qatar airways, was acceptable, though screens were low res and the selection was kind of limited. Bad things noteworthy are that staff may blatantly ignore you and delay requests and sometimes me and my American seat neighbour were pure skipped while handing out food and refreshments. Cairo airport is very acceptable, with a decent duty free section but has less than par bathrooms sadly and the constant begging for tips by porters got aggravating real fast. The food was very decent to be honest, can't fault them on that.
RouteKuwait to New York via Cairo
Date FlownMay 2019

"not fly this airline again"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Amman to Aswan via Cairo. Extremely disappointing. My first flight was delayed and upon arrival at Cairo for the connecting flight, I was met by an Egyptair employee (as we needed to rush) who asked me to get a visa, which I paid him 25USD (and another 25USD for my wife). Immigration then informed me that I did not need a visa - and the employee just shrugged at me without even offering to give me a refund. Next, our baggage missed our flight and we were given a compensation of 200EGP (10 USD) only as both pieces of baggage were booked in my wife's name. We had to pick up the luggage ourselves the next day as we came from an international flight, and the taxi ride cost us 30 USD return from our hotel - which was not covered. Not sure how you can just give 10 USD compensation when the taxi ride return from the city is 30 USD. Flight itself was not too bad, but after the above scenario, I will not fly this airline again.
RouteAmman to Aswan via Cairo
Date FlownApril 2019

"Very nice airline"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Istanbul via Cairo. Very nice airline. My flight was 9:30 hours from Bangkok to Cairo. The seat was great for me there are PTV, usb port, headphone, blanket. The plane arrived early than the scheduled time. Very Well groomed flight attendants. The check in gate is friendly and quick, always watch when the check in give your baggage tag, all your baggage should get the tag. I arrived Cairo safe and transit for a flight to Istanbul. This Cairo to Istanbul flight is nice plane too. Small but okay because it take only 2 hours to fly. The meal on both flight is very nice. Eggs, sausage, bread, chicken, rice. Easy for all nationalities to eat. I got all my baggage on time and all my baggage is well taken. Great airline. Keep improving.
RouteBangkok to Istanbul via Cairo
Date FlownMay 2019

"$30 for scuba equipment bag"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Hurghada to Cairo. We need to pay $30 for scuba equipment bag, so do not expect free baggage allowance for scuba equipment for this airline. Food on flight is just few butter cookie. I would expect more for full service airline.
RouteHurghada to Cairo
Date FlownApril 2019

"service and hospitality commendable"

Trip Verified | Mumbai to Toronto via Cairo. My experience with Egypt Air is simply exceptional. The service and hospitality provided by the crew are commendable and worth appreciating.
RouteMumbai to Toronto via Cairo
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"a fantastic trip"

Trip Verified | Barcelona to Cairo. I was concerned about traveling on Egyptair but there was no real alternative. Check in and the flight were just fine: no problems at all. Egyptair was as good as any US domestic flight. The problem began when I forgot my small backpack under the seat. I didn’t realize this until we were all the way out to the taxi. The true colors of an airline show when they handle a problem. Starting with the taxi guide, everyone at the airport and the airline was wonderful. The taxi guide whisked me back through security, handed me off to a security agent and they quickly got me to Egyptair lost and found. There was my backpack with $2500 worth of electronics untouched. I was thrilled. Everyone was so nice. This was the beginning of a fantastic trip. Amazing country, astonishing archeology and wonderful people.
RouteBarcelona to Cairo
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"subsequently lost my luggage"

Trip Verified | Abu Dhabi to Cairo. Would never ever fly with this airline again. Although I checked in through Etihad my flight was with EgyptAir. Had issues when transfering within the airport and the staff were incredibly rude and refused to listen to anything I was saying. They subsequently lost my luggage and have refused to acknowledge this. I have not once had a reply to any email, calls or tweets that I have sent. All of the numbers come up as invalid. I did receive a reply for a facebook message which was a copy and pasted version of their website instructions. I am disgusted with the whole experience.
RouteAbu Dhabi to Cairo
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"cabin crew were friendly"

(Egypt)

Not Verified | Cairo to Bangkok. Its a good airline according to its price. It was a comfortable flight, cabin crew were friendly and always wanted to help, food was amazing with many choices of drinks (all alcohol free) and also they had a great choices of movies. Coffee was really good, also they had an internet connection but it was a bit expensive.
AircraftA330-300
RouteCairo to Bangkok
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"was no accommodation booked"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Johannesburg to Medina via Cairo. In January this year we embarked on a pilgrimage to the Holy Cities of Makkah and Medina. Our flights had been booked on Egypt Air. The agent who’d arranged the logistics of our journey assured us that Egypt Air was a decent airline and that our journey would be pleasant. We trusted him, since the journey to Medina, via Cairo, had been pleasant enough. We weren’t overly concerned about the 23 hour layover in Cairo that loomed ahead of us on the return leg. He guaranteed us that EgyptAir would arrange accommodation for our group and that we’d be issued transit visas which would allow us to do a bit of sightseeing before setting off for home. The children were especially excited about this. A chance to see the pyramids! When we stood in the queue at their passport control, never had I encountered an immigration official this rude! He demanded that transit passengers sit down! So we sat. We were a fairly large group, it turned out. Twenty five South Africans and a smattering of Nigerians. Anticipating a long-ish wait, we got comfortable. Greeted our fellow wayfarers, shared what food we had among us and waited. It was two hours before a bus was sent to collect us. We were then driven to the main airport building where we were just told to go upstairs. Here we found an Egypt Air Customer Services desk where a handful of agents were dozing on desks. When someone finally rose to come and see to us, we were told that since we’d arrived early in Cairo, there was nothing he could do for us. There was no accommodation booked. We should go and sleep in the mosque. We were stunned. Egypt Air Customer services aren’t big on responding to the same question twice, clearly. The agent became rude and surly at this point. Seeing that we would make no progress with this particularly unhelpful help desk at near 3AM, we sought out the prayer room. The ladies’ section was just about empty. The ladies and children huddled in groups on the stone-hard floor and tried to sleep. It was freezing! For the men, the night would turn out being much more uncomfortable. The men’s section of the prayer room was full of men who had hours to wait before their connecting flights.
RouteJohannesburg to Medina via Cairo
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"very charming flight attendants"

Trip Verified | Berlin to Cairo and back excellent airline, fast check-in, smooth boarding, very charming flight attendants, good food in quality and quantity, three choices, chicken, beef and fish IFE is overhead screens and some music channels, which is good enough for a four hours flight.
RouteBerlin to Cairo