Egyptair

"Limited seat reclining"

(Saudi Arabia)

Trip Verified | Easy online booking. Cheaper than competitors. Swift check in. Acceptable lounge service. Aircraft seems very old. Limited seat reclining. Very small screen. Limited entertainment channels. Audio system is very bad. Meals was OK but not tasty. No choices of juices. Foot rest is very primitive and far from seat. Toilet amenities are poor. Staff tries to help.
RouteJeddah to Hbe via Alexandria
Date FlownNovember 2021

"very disappointed"

Trip Verified | My review is about the food and beverage, and service. Very bad quality food and we were given juices for Juniors like kids. The crew disappeared after serving food and not presenting themselves but at food time. My family chose Egypt Air for convenience and it being a direct flight to Cairo but unfortunately all were very disappointed.
RouteCairo to Washington
Date FlownOctober 2021

"couldn’t find the payment for the extra luggage"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | My flight was in the early morning from Addis Ababa to Copenhagen. I went to the airport 2hrs prior to my flight as the airport is not busy at all. I bought an extra luggage through the travel agency I booked my ticket, however when I was trying to check in, I was told they couldn’t find the payment for the extra luggage I added in their system, though I showed them the confirmation email I got from the travel agency. But still I was asked to pay for the extra luggage, otherwise I won’t check in. So I was like okay it’s fine, I will ask for a refund when I go back to Copenhagen. So the total amount was almost 300 dollars, and I took my credit card from my pocket and I was told they don’t accept credit card, but only cash. I was like how am I supposed to have that amount of money in cash when I’m leaving the country I had been staying for 3 months. There were no ATM around so I couldn’t check in and missed my flight, tho I had money in my credit card. That made me book another flight with Ethiopian Airlines and I payed for the extra luggage by credit card . I was so disappointed, but I also learned my lesson on the hard way that to never ever fly with Egypt Air.
RouteAddis Ababa to Copenhagen via Cairo
Date FlownJune 2021

"crew served a nice snack box"

Trip Verified | Fantastic. A short flight of an hour and the crew served a nice snack box with juice and water (Egyptair is a dry airline, no alcohol). No lounge in Sharm El Sheikh. The lounge in Cairo was well stocked with individually packaged food items (eg. sandwiches, deserts, fruits, etc). The ground experience could use a little more attention with regard to priority boarding for business class.
AircraftA220-300
RouteSharm El Sheikh to Luxor via Cairo
Date FlownJuly 2021

"Terrible experience"

(Egypt)

Trip Verified | An absolutely disgusting airline! I booked a flight with them and they cancelled it for absolutely no reason at all. They emailed me that it was cancelled and that I could reschedule my flight using their customer support service or a nearby Egyptair office. The customer support service never answered and left me hanging for so long that my call credits ran out and there is no Egyptair office close to where I live. Terrible experience and a terrible company.
RouteCairo to Calgary
Date FlownJune 2021

"just waiting like everyone else"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | The most useless business class I have seen on the regional routes. Gold track doesn't work at all in the airport, seats are the same (not even like in euro business class when the one in the middle is not occupied), I had to queue four lines on my way to the plane, and not even once I could skip any of it, I was just waiting like everyone else. No welcome drinks on the board, poor lounge in the Cairo Domestic terminal.
AircraftA220-300
RouteCairo to Hurghada
Date FlownMay 2021

"told that my tickets been cancelled"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | I booked with Egypt air through their own website on the 1st of May my business tickets for me and my family, total of 4 business tickets, one way route from Johannesburg to Dubai. On the 6th of May, only 24 hours before departure, I received email from Egypt air cancelling all my tickets. I called the Head office in Johannesburg where they told me that flight is still on, but my tickets is been cancelled without them knowing whats going on. I called the head office where I was told that my tickets been cancelled because its coming from South Africa and we are not allowed into Dubai. But I told them that I'm Emirati citizen and its stating in Egyptair website that Emirati are excluded and we can enter UAE without any problems. They agreed on that and told me my business tickets were taken by someone else and only economy seats are available for the 7th May. Or I can reschedule my flight for the 14th after Eid. I told them that I booked and fully paid my 4 business tickets for the 7th as its even more expensive than the 14th because of Eid season and I would like my business tickets back as I didn't cancel or request cancelling and I still wants my tickets. Long story short, I wasn't given my business tickets and I had to fly economy class despite paying full amount a week before for business seats. This was my first booking with Egyptair and I'm totally disappointed on how this turned out.
RouteJohannesburg to Dubai via Cairo
Date FlownMay 2021

"As of today the situation is still not resolved"

Not Verified | On March 30, 2021, I arrived at Washington Dulles airport to catch flight MS932 to Cairo Egypt. When I arrived I observed a chaotic situation without any social distancing and barely any resemblance to crowd control or customer service. There were many passengers that did not have their Covid-19 negative verification certificate printed out. Because we are in the digital age I can understand why passengers would assume that they would be able to just show an agent digital results on a mobile device. The agents were requiring passengers with their results on digital devices to print them there at the counter, Egyptair had a single laptop with a malfunctioning printer at a counter that all of the passengers had to share. Again, there was not any social distancing, no hand sanitizer, no assistance for passengers who were not computer literate and the male ticket agents had extremely bad attitudes. This created a situation of chaos. As a result of all of the chaos, some passengers missed the closing of the boarding gate including myself. I was told that I would not be able to board the flight and I was offered to have the flight rebooked for free. The gentleman at the counter told me that I would not have to pay a change fee. When I got to the counter to arrange for a new flight the attendant who was making arrangements for other passengers was charging what he called an upgrade fee. I watched him as he did this to three different passengers, with each of the fees being different for each passenger sitting in the same section. It was now my turn. He told me that I had to pay a fee. I asked, "What is the fee for". He said that it was upgrading the service. I then asked him what are the upgrades and what do I get. He looked surprised that I asked that question and had no explanation for it. I then asked him will I be getting something extra and will I be able to pick my seat as I did on my original booking. He said no. He seemed to be angry and told me if I did not want to do that then I should call customer service in New York. I left the airport and called New York customer service and I was on the phone stuck on hold for approximately two hours before I was disconnected by their telephone system. I had no better luck with their customer service. Today March 31, 2021, I once again tried to contact the ticket agent and customer service by phone with the exact same results. I now have a return flight two weeks from now which I will not be in Cairo to fly on. This has been the worst customer service experience I have ever had. I am so grateful that this was not an emergency travel situation. As of today the situation is still not resolved.
RouteWashington Dulles to Cairo
Date FlownMarch 2021

"I'm disappointed, I will never use their service again"

(Russian Federation)

Not Verified | This is the worst experience ever! I bought my tickets, and the day before my flight I got a covid positive test. What should I do? I had to apply for a refund. Later they said I can rebook my tickets, I agreed to that, but in 2 weeks I got a refund 95$ out of 250$!It's less than 50%! Seriously? Are Egyptair trying to take advantage of this whole covid situation? It's unpredictable, I didn't cancel it with my will, I had shown them my results even, they just said sorry, we can't refund more! I'm disappointed, I will never use their service again, and wouldn't recommend anyone!
RouteNairobi to Cairo

"Absolute disaster"

Not Verified | Absolute disaster. I have never seen the kind of chaos at boarding for MS777 to London than I saw today. I am genuinely concerned. This is a nightmare. Good luck to anyone flying this route.
RouteCairo to London Heathrow