Discover Airlines

“Cabin attendants friendly and professional”

Trip Verified | This is a charter airline and part of Lufthansa group. They use the same seats as Austrian Airlines but in different colors. Seat comfort isn't very high but luckily the flight was short. They've a nice wifi cloud system with movies, music, TV shows etc. Food is buy on board, not even water is given for free. Cabin attendants were friendly and professional. The captain kept us well informed about the flight. Recommend.
RouteFrankfurt to Bari
Date FlownMarch 2024

Discover Airlines customer review

(Romania)

Trip Verified | My flight with Discover airlines was schedule for Feb 24, 2024 at 6:25pm from Tampa-Frankfurt. Exactly 5 hours before the flight I was sent an email with the message: Cancellation of your flight 4Y65 on 24 February from Tampa to Frankfurt. I wasn't given any notice and automatically booked on a United flight that I never requested and didn't fit my schedule. Not to mention I lost my connection from Germany to Romania. I called Discover Airlines multiple times and they just hang upon you, they don't care. I was nice on the phone just looking for help from them and they are the worst customer service. I will be filing a claim with them.
RouteTampa to Frankfurt
Date FlownDecember 2023

"flight attendants were amazing"

Trip Verified | I am very satisfied with the whole journey, and that comes from a person who has extreme fear of flying. Yes, the food is not something special and the seats are not so big, but it is not like I will live there. It is a good company to fly for a vacation and the best part is staff, the flight attendants were amazing, there was one that came the whole time from business class just to make sure that I'm feeling okay, I traveled with my kid and there was enough food and water and everything. Before take off in Punta Cana there was a small problem with toilets and we needed to wait inside the plane and the stuff brought us water and everything that we needed. In the future I will fly again with them. The only thing that I didn't like was not enough ground stuff at the airport.
RouteFrankfurt to Punta Cana
Date FlownFebruary 2024

"Worst flying experience ever"

(Slovenia)

Trip Verified | Worst flying experience ever. The first flight was 5 hours and we didn’t get a glass of water. The plane had a delay, but I had connection flight that they are responsible to adjust even if this situation and the connection flight was supposed to be 6h and 55 m. Well after 21 h hours I finally got to my final destination and in the next flight there was not space for everyone so some of the passengers got home even later next day. In the plane I asked if I can have a glass of water, and I was told I have to pay it.
RouteLanzarote to Frankfurt
Date FlownFebruary 2024

"waiting weeks with no reply"

Not Verified | The flights were fine and no delays. The problem is my baggage was missing for two months and when it finally arrived it was broken into and multiple items was stolen. I made a claim with the airline and have been waiting weeks with no reply they do a great job at hiding phone numbers to not be able to call them and chase it absolutely ridiculous. I will never fly again.
RouteLondon to Dominica via Frankfurt

“Horrible customer service”

Trip Verified | Horrible customer service. I asked to upgrade my ticket to the business class, the lady said there is not enough meals. 30 minutes later she booked 2 seats to someone else. Will never fly with them again.
RouteFrankfurt to Tampa
Date FlownFebruary 2024

"customer service was disappointing"

Trip Verified |  The customer service was disappointing, with extended queues due to understaffing and strict regulations regarding luggage size and weight. Despite the evident frustration, two men at separate counters stood out for their politeness. Flight delays were significant, and passengers were required to stand in line for an hour without boarding the aircraft. I plan to steer clear of this airline in the future.
RouteCalgary to Frankfurt
Date FlownJanuary 2024

"Food was dreadful"

Trip Verified | Not nearly Premium Economy. Boarding was a mad scrum where we were supposed to have priority. The lady on the microphone at the boarding gate was totally intelligible with her mumbling. The PE cabin was not independent, just an extension of Economy. The seat was a standard Premium Economy seat, nothing special. The IFE was poor with a very small selection to choose from - I watched my own Netflix the whole journey. Food was dreadful and I barely touched it. Nobody asked me why. Was this the same awful food that was served in Economy? Surely not as you have paid for elevated dining. I was served 2 small plastic glasses of wine, under 100ml in each! I was not offered any other alcoholic drink. I flew a sister airline (Swiss) in business recently - Zurich to Mauritius - and it too had dreadful, uneaten food. I flew BA in Premium Economy recently and what a total difference. Really very enjoyable and a whole different story. Never again Swiss or Discover. You have an awful lot to learn as to how to treat your business and Premium Economy passengers.
AircraftA330-300
RouteFrankfurt to Mauritius
Date FlownDecember 2023

"thought we were booking a Lufthansa flight"

Trip Verified | Run from this airline. We thought we were booking a Lufthansa flight only to discover that we were flying on Lufthansa's down market, no frills vacation carrier' that is only half a step above a charter flight. Pathetic food, little service, poorly maintained aircraft, and the worst possible gates (set at the far end of both FRA and MCO with the other low cost airlines). The only thing worse than the flight is a tie between trying to get a straight answer from customer service and the surliest check-in agent, we are certain, in the industry.
RouteFrankfurt to Orlando
Date FlownDecember 2023

"a huge thank you to Dylan"

Not Verified | I just wanted to say a huge thank you to Dylan (from US customer service), who helped me to rebook the flight for my mom from Frankfurt to Tampa on 12/04/2023. Not only he is very helpful and professional but also a kind person.
RouteBelgrade to Tampa via Frankfurt