Bangkok Airways

"flight was delayed by 2 hours"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Ko Samui. Staff service and quality of food have never been an issue for me so this review doesn't reflect those. My main grumble is the fact that the flight was delayed by 2 hours. So this experience Bangkok Air is a negative one. Weather is not an issue according to the forecast so what excuse will you give us this time. As a resident of Samui, I expect better.Time to reflect on what you are charging and providing for the ticket price.
RouteSingapore to Koh Samui
Date FlownAugust 2019

"I wasn't disappointed"

Trip Verified | BKK-HKT-BKK. Booked my ticket because price was cheap and Bangkok Air has a good reputation. I wasn't disappointed. When I arrived early at Bangkok airport, the friendly check-in staff offered me to take an earlier flight. I happily agreed and arrived at my final destination Phuket 1.5 hours earlier than expected but missed the opportunity to use the Bangkok Airways lounge in BKK. Yes, they offer every passenger to enter their lounge for free! On board service was also very good on this one hour flight: a hot meal (chicken with rice) was offered together with drinks (water, juice, coffee / tea) and some songkran candy. FAs were super friendly and flights were on time or even ahead of schedule. Only the cabin outfit was a bit dated and seemed to be rather old. Same good experience on the return flight to Bangkok. Economy lounge at Phuket was okay, they offered free drinks (water / coffee / juice) and some snacks. I would definitly choose Bangkok Air again!
RouteBangkok to Phuket
Date FlownApril 2019

"cant see how economy class can get any better"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Travelled BKK to DAD 15th June 2019 on an A320. On time as usual. Changed initial ticket and preponed departure due to earlier international arrival. This proved to be easy without any hassle apart from some emails and a modest addition of 50 USD. If I change online the cost is horrendous. However, their helpdesk is fairly smooth and I could leave on an earlier flight for 49 USD which was OK. Got my BP in transit in BKK without any hassle. Free access to their (dry) lounge. Service on board is top notch for economy. Special meal provided, it was very delicious. Steel cutlery and wet towel. 2 drink rounds. Neat plane, fresh FA staff. I cant see how economy class can get any better apart from tedious bus-gating in Bangkok
RouteBangkok to Da Nang
Date FlownJune 2019

"There is nothing not to like"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Koh Samui. Easy Check-In, The Bangkok Lounge (available to everyone) was crowded but still comfortable and the food and refreshments options plus WiFi are a bonus. Boarded on time via a bus, but was organized and efficient. Plane left bang on time and flight was 50 mins, in this time 4 crew still managed to serve a small hot lunch with hot beverages. Aircraft was clean comfortable but quite old. There is nothing not to like about Bangkok Airways, arriving in Koh Samui bags were out in 5 mins.
RouteBangkok to Koh Samui
Date FlownJune 2019

"No faults whatsoever"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Flew Danang to Bangkok 15/5-2019 on an A320. Excellent trip. Early check-in, peaceful airport, they call you and want to carry you onboard fro your airport hidings even 50 Minutes prier to kick. No faults whatsoever. Cheap as hell (202 usd return, inc. full service and luggage). Why struggle with LCCs which costs almost the same and always conflicts on luggage? Must admit the price of PG has gone down 30-50% after Vietjetair opened the same route for basically half the price. Good luck for them – I have had enough and costs always end up high anyway. Whenever I fly economy in this region I find that Bangkok Airways, when available on the route, are the obvious choice. Well, except for maybe Myanmar, Japan, Hanoi, where they tend to be expensive due to lack of competitors.
RouteDanang to Bangkok
Date FlownMay 2019

"Staff very attentive"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Koh Samui. They call themselves a Boutique Airline and they certainly are. Staff very attentive, flight was on time. On a 50 mins flight they managed to serve a delicious Phad Tai followed by Coffee. Like the good old days, Bangkok Air treated us like appreciated customers.
RouteBangkok to Koh Samui
Date FlownMay 2019

"great airline to fly with"

Not Verified | Phnom Penh to Yangon via Bangkok. The check-in was easy with friendly staff. The cabin crew was very friendly and efficient. Passengers were offered proper warm meals during the both (short) segments of the journey. The aircraft cabins were well maintained. A great airline to fly with.
AircraftA320 / A319
RoutePhnom Penh to Yangon via Bangkok
Date FlownMarch 2019

"okay on medium haul"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Male in august 2018. As a regular user and premier member for Bangkok Air, I was curious to see try their business class. I had accumulated an excessive amount of miles which I used for this flight. They charged about $200 in tax, which is reasonable, some airlines charge more or less tax for award tickets like these. The flight was 3/4 full on the way to the Maldives, and completely empty on the way back. At check in, it was a strange feeling when I walked up to the usual business class counter to check in for my first international flight with them. The premier lounge was quite empty when we were there first, and then gradually filled up to capacity. There is hot food table service, but recently this has been discontinued. There is only self serve but there are still made-to-order items available. Instead of doing a boarding announcement, a gate agent walked around the boarding area with a sign up saying “business class/Premier members” which is actually a much better idea than making an announcement. I was first onboard, and was asked what I would like to drink. I settled with orange juice. For a half past nine departure, lunch was served, and the quality and quantity was more than adequate. They understand that you will definitely eat in the lounge, and not feel that hungry once on board. I felt that the clear plastic bowl of salad (with “royal project” branding, they’re a subsidised group of high-quality farmers) was a bit odd, but then the salad definitely felt fresh. The hot meal was also good, and there were 3 choices. We were also served macadamia nuts in a bowl before meal service. I asked if there was any snack before landing, and they only had more nuts. Drinks were plenty and me and my dad didn’t realise we finished an entire bottle of champagne as they just kept refilling! The seat is more than comfortable, like a big lazy-boy. The crew seemed odd. The usual interactive ness and down-to-earth feeling wasn’t there, it felt as if asking for something in the galley (something I’d always do) was met with a weird look. The flight attendant asked me to press the call button, but I personally like going to the galley and asking for something, as it’s better for both. Entertainment is provided in the form of an iPad, and is adequate for the flight duration. Arrival in Maldives, I wish I could say that our bags were first off the belt, but no. It was quick, though. The return journey, felt literally like a private jet. We walked straight up to the counter, and we were given fast track immigration. Turns out, the regular line had no queue at all, so we just went to the regular line! Boarding was called for 40 minutes before departure, and we were still in the lounge when not 5 minutes later “final call for flight PG712 to Bangkok.” So we ran down to the gate. There was No line. Turns out, the load factor on this flight was 21 in total. Including economy passengers, that’s a 4:1 ratio of passengers to cabin crew. Leaving 30 minutes early, then arriving 45 minutes early. When we got to the gate (which was a domestic gate, the flight continues on to Samui) the crew shut the curtain between economy and made sure it stayed shut, and we were whisked off to a private minivan. The minivan took a shortcut to international arrivals, and we were literally out without any other passengers in sight, with our baggage in tow. That is the best Bangkok to Male in August 2018.arrival experience ever. Overall, I am used to flying Bangkok air on short routes, and they perform okay on medium haul.
RouteBangkok to Male
Date FlownAugust 2018

"staff is really nice"

(Mexico)

Trip Verified | Great attention to detail, the staff is really nice and the service is very comfortable, bigger leg room in comparison of other similar airlines like Thai Lion and the catering service was really good for a regional airline, although there were not many choices but a hot meal on a relatively short flight with tea and coffee is an attention that makes it a very pleasant experience
RouteKrabi toBangkok

Bangkok Airways customer review

(Mexico)

Not Verified | Krabi to Bangkok. Excellent service in the full extent of the word, from the help via email, the counters and the attention of all its employees is excellent, in addition to the services both on board and in its facilities in the pre-boarding area, very good service , Congratulations. ES: Excelente servicio en toda la extensión de la palabra, desde la ayuda vía correo electrónico, los mostradores y la atención de todos sus empleados es excelente, además de los servicios tanto a bordo como en sus instalaciones en el salís de pre abordaje, muy buen servicio, felicidades.
AircraftA 320