Bangkok Airways

"friendly yet hard-working people"

(Thailand)

Not Verified | I was booked on a flight from Trat to Bangkok during October 2020. A tropical storm was passing through Trat and meant that there was severe rain and low visibility throughout the day. Unsurprisingly, the captain of the inbound from Bangkok decided to go around and after holding for a bit flew back to Bangkok. Initially I did not ask the ground crew for any information as I was tracking the flight and storm online. They initially announced the delay as "we will inform you the new time later" and it became obvious after a while that the delay would be quite a while. They seemed to have multiple contingencies in place even with the COVID situation, and another plane with another set of crew was sent to Trat, as the previous crew and aircraft exceeded their legal allowed flying time. During the wait, the ground staff were on hand to help passengers and in general handled the situation like it was an everyday thing to them. It really helped the passengers feel relaxed and not stressed. They even offered to try to rebook passengers who were connecting on other airlines, which is clearly going above and beyond their responsibilities. I had a guide to what delayed passengers were entitled to, and a 2 hour plus delay meant a meal would be provided. They did get us a hot lunch box delivered as there isn't a restaurant on site. In the end, the weather cleared up, and the replacement aircraft landed and the ground crews worked to turn around the aircraft and literally as the last passenger boarded the doors closed and we were off, pushing back 3 hours and 10 minutes later than our scheduled departure time. Service onboard was done as a snack box, which contained packet nuts, a savoury chicken pastry and a bottle of water. It wasn't too much to write home about but it sets Bangkok Airways apart from their low-cost competition. The crew were very hard-working although I think they seemed a bit robotic today, but in general Bangkok Airways crew and staff are very casual and friendly yet hard-working people. Baggage arrived very quickly in Suvarnabhumi airport, which seems to become more consistent as they have upgraded their systems. I think that the way an airline is appropriately judged is how they handle a crisis, and in this case they put the safety of passengers first and foremost, yet still handled the situation extremely well. I think this is a textbook example of how to handle a flight delay and I applaud Bangkok Airways for making our day as stress-free as it could've possibly been. If only other airlines handled delays this well.
AircraftATR72-600
RouteTrat to Bangkok
Date FlownOctober 2020

"Friendly staff, good service"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Yangon. Be on time! They fly on schedule, clocklike! Good app for online check-in. Prompt and speed baggage drop. Very clean airplane. Friendly staff, good service. Hot meal on this one hour flight.
AircraftA320-200
RouteBangkok to Yangon
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"a true dedicated employee"

Not Verified | I especially want to thank Khun Guy at Krabi Airport Ticketing Office for her perseverance and commitment as a ground handling Staff with Bangkok Airways where she gave me extreme assistance. She's a true dedicated employee. I was booked from Krabi to Bkk & connecting SQ979 to S'pore on April 5th, I realized on the day before my departure, Bangkok Airways was grounded and not taking off to Bkk and I went directly to KBV Airport on April 5th early morning hoping to book a ThaiSmile flight to BKK which was departing at 4pm that same April 5th. Somehow, with sheer luck I managed to get a seat with the kind help of Guy knowing that ThaiSmile was also fully booked and that I'm on their 1st priority list. At the same time, Guy also made sure that I'm checked in with ThaiSmile as I need to be in Bangkok to connect my SQ flight back home to S'pore. Simultaneously she also made arrangements for Bangkok Airways Staff at Suvarnabhumi Airport to assist me for check-in with SIA knowing that it was a time-factor that I needed to check-in ASAP as my SQ Departure time was 6.30pm & ThaiSmile arrival Bkk at 5.30pm as I had to clear Customs & Immigration that will consume some time. Overall I made it for my SQ-979 check-in on time with the help of Bangkok Airways Staff at Suvarnabhumi Airport.
Date FlownApril 2020

"Excellent experience on Bangkok Airways"

Trip Verified | Excellent first experience flying within Thailand on Bangkok Airways, Krabi to Bangkok. The flight left on time from Krabi, the legroom was extremely generous, comfortable seat, the food was some of the best I've had (I have flown business several times and it beat most of these!) and the staff were efficient and friendly. Would recommend and book again in future for definite.
Date FlownMarch 2020

"very pleased and impressed"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Krabi. I had to cancel my flight because of the Coronavirus. The airline was very difficult to get in touch with by phone, so I tried the PG Live Chat. It took 2 days to be able to speak to someone, so I was imagining by the time I did speak to someone the quality of the service would be low and I would have to argue my way to a refund. But, the service was quick and accommodating. The representative spoke perfect English. She asked why I was getting in touch, asked for my flight information, and confirmed that she had cancelled my flight for a full refund, just moments later. She also found in my record that I had purchased travel insurance along with the tickets, and told me hold I could get that refunded too. Now, the refund will take 30 days because of the high volume of refund requests, so we'll see if I do in fact get my refund. But in terms of quality of customer service, I'm very pleased and impressed.
RouteBangkok to Krabi
Date FlownMarch 2020

"they are changing flight"

(Thailand)

Not Verified | I've booked tickets to my wife and myself from Myanmar to Bangkok - decided to pay more (compare to low-cost airlines that operate the same route) for better service and to avoid any hassle. As dates are public holidays, I booked tickets in advance to ensure normal prices. Month later Bangkok airways sending me a mail saying that they are changing flight to have it 6 hours earlier. So it's destroying my travel plan and putting overall travel schedule under risk. After I got notification about flight change I've sent back request for refund. After 1 week of silence and several mails from my side I've called to their call center and requested refund. They confirmed that they got it and will send me a confirmation letter. 3 days after - still silence but they refunded.
RouteMandalay to Bangkok
Date FlownMarch 2020

"wait at the airport for 4 hours"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Mandalay to Chiang Mai. I am now at Mandalay airport, waiting for my flight which is supposed to take off at 18.00 local time. The fact is that I could only learn about my flight delay when I arrive at the airport. Now I will have to wait at the airport for 4 hours instead of two. Plus, I can find no one to talk to about this issue because the counters will be open according to the new time of the flight. I wonder how I will be compensated now. It would be nice at least to have a meal ticket to use at the airport. My flight from Chiang Mai was also delayed but then I was sent an email.
RouteMandalay to Chiang Mai
Date FlownMarch 2020

"nick name instead of passport name"

Trip Verified | Phu Quoc to Bangkok. I had the nick name (Last name and initial were right) of my wife instead of her passport name on the ticket, and but they forced me to buy a new ticket for a much higher price before checking in. Besides this they lost my bookings from May 2019 since their whole system was migrated in June. It took us some Long calls to get this fixed too!
RoutePhu Quoc to Bangkok

"best in class airline"

Trip Verified | Krabi to Bangkok. The best in class airline. As it was a 1 hour flight, we were provided with a proper meal. The leg space in economy seats was quite good. The crew was very pleasant and quick in providing a full service carrier experience in short duration of time.
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"one of the best regional airlines"

Not Verified | Phuket to Bangkok. This airline is one of the best regional airlines I have ever traveled on. The flights were on time, the crew is very friendly, you get a warm meal that tastes good, lounge access with food, drinks and wifi free of charge. I have just been blown away by how much better they are than any of the US based airlines that I typically fly on that I felt I have to share this experience. Kuddos to the staff in this airline. I hope more airlines would take note and copy them!
RoutePhuket to Bangkok