Bangkok Airways

"truly get a feeling of luxury onboard"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | Da Nang – Bangkok 11 Sept. on an A319. Flight on time. No luggage problem, had paid a hefty 40 $ tag for extra 5 kilos as I know they can be strict. Rigid luggage allowance of 20 kg. If additional kgs are purchase beforehand it is 80 USD/20 kg, which is almost the value of an additional ticket. Wonder the price if purchased at check-in? Must be a fortune despite the flown is of short duration, an only 90 min. flight, Check-in online is impossible and depraving a lot of time for nothing as it is impossible for any international flight. Why is this no announced instead of wasting peoples time with dozens of information boxes to be filled on approximately 15 screen windows? Shame on the airline, this misleading scam has going on for at least 10 years. FFP useless. Partnership with Qatar Airways (my connecting flight) did not even allow for luggage transfer in Bangkok. Very annoying, meaning wasting 2 hours passing immigration, check-in with QR and back to airside through immigration and security. Very disappointing, exhausting, tedious, and inconvenient like on a LCC like their competitor on this route: VietjetAir. Lounge access not granted and all frills from me being QR gold FFP were ignored (lounge, luggage, etc.). So, the partnership is a joke, cant even work with luggage. Onboard, I immediately felt the good atmosphere. FAs were in a splendid mood, well rested and service minded throughout. Special Sea Food meal ordered delivered to perfection (red snapper). Ordinary hot meals were also good, given out as courtesy to those wanting. I tried a chicken pasta which was truly delicious. Plenty of food onboard, despite small portions. Plenty of drinks offered frequently with a good flow and usually given more than one unit of each. Wines were unusually good quality and I managed to get quite tipsy, which was appreciated. Coffee and tea undrinkable and subpar. Cheap fares, truly get a feeling of luxury onboard. Paid 114 USD for a 1-way ticket was a find!
RouteDa Nang to Bangkok
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"Asia's favourite boutique airline"

Trip Verified | They deserve to be called Asia's favourite boutique airline. Everything about flying Bangkok Airways was a pleasure. From efficient check-in to friendly staff on the ground and in the air. But, most importantly the comfort of the business class seats. They are from an era in aviation when comfort was king. Okay, so there was no in-seat entertainment screen - but who still needs those anyway?
RouteKo Samui to Bangkok
Date FlownAugust 2022

"luggage nowhere to be found on arrival in Phnon Penh"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | All of my and my daughter's checked in luggage (3 pieces) are missing. We traveled from Brussels to Phnom Penh 24 June. Our Turkish Airlines flights to Bangkok were delayed, and we arrived in BKK at 4:12 pm and boarding for the codeshare flight via Bangkok Airways was at 4:30 pm 25 June. We made it to our flight by running and asking favours from fellow passengers to let us go first in the queue in disembarking and in the security check. However, our luggage were nowhere to be found upon our arrival in Phnon Penh 25 June around 6:35pm. I wrote to Turkish Airlines and they said this was the responsibility of Bangkok Airways. I emailed Bangkok Airways and they said they never received our luggage. Afternoon of 26 June, I received an email from the Bangkok Airways tracing team that they have located our luggage in Bangkok and that they will send it via the flight that will arrive in Phnom Penh at around 6:35 pm and that the Bangkok Airways Representative in Phnom Penh will get in touch with me. Anxiously awaiting, I tracked the flight and noted that it landed in Phnom Penh 6:32 pm. I have not heard from the representative at all. I wrote another inquiry to the tracing team at 8:30 pm and they said they have forwarded my email to their Phnom Penh Team. It is now 27 June, 9:09 am and I haven't heard from them yet. Neither have I been advised regarding what to do, in terms of securing clothing and toiletries, in the interim that our luggage have not yet been brought back to us.
RouteBangkok to Phnom Penh
Date FlownJune 2022

"Always on time, crew are always perfect"

Trip Verified | I do like flying internally with Bangkok Airways. You pay just a small amount more, but get a more better product and service. Always on time, crew are always perfect. The on board snack was given as you left the aircraft, which was great to get a bottle of water in the red hot heat of Krabi.
RouteBangkok to Krabi
Date FlownMarch 2022

"What was their standard and procedure?"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | The flight to Bangkok was delayed around 2 hours. Then there was a new flight to Bangkok, but the ground staff rejected us to move to the new flight while other customers could get in. This was unfair. Even though we informed them that we had an important meeting and got affected from the flight delay, they insisted not to let us in. What was their standard and procedure?
RouteKo Samui to Bangkok
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"want to thank Bangkok Airways for their time"

Not Verified | I just want to thank Bangkok Airways for their time and accommodations with my flight (which was booked by agent without understanding of the specific requirements for the flights in Thailand during the pandemic) especially the manager on arrival who helped me a lot to change my flight (unfortunately I didn’t ask his name). I didn’t get the same service from Aeroflot and particularly from Finnair. The manager went toward me and helped me to change my flight for the right one, if all airlines will be working like that it will be easier to fly, specially at present time during pandemic (which already makes tourism very difficult for passengers). Besides that, everything in airport was very good organized and done for the people on arrival not like in Europe.
RouteBangkok to Ko Samui
Date FlownNovember 2021

"the stewardess had acted properly"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | I checked the price of flights from Bangkok to Koh Samui - crazy expensive, but as I got a deal on my accommodation I decided to proceed. I signed up for the frequent flier program, but after that I was unable to see the price in Thai Baht, all it would show me was US$ and much more expensive than the Baht price. I pressed on only to find that a bunch of extra costs had been added, not just the usual fees. I checked to the final figure in $US and clicked pay. My Thai bank was not charged in US$ but but Thai Baht at a ridiculous exchange rate. The aircraft from Bangkok to Koh Samui is a a propeller aircraft definitely the worst I have ever travelled in. A very uncomfortable flight. Landing in Koh Samui there was an announcement in Thai and one in English saying the usual "please remain seated with seatbelt fastened until the seatbelt sign is switched off" When the seatbelt sign was switched off I stood to get my bag from the overhead locker. That is when a stewardess screamed at me from the back of the plane to sit down. The plane was very small and everyone stared at me. I pointed at the seatbelt sign above me and she shouted wait to be called to leave. I made a formal complaint to Bangkok Airways about how I had been treated. I eventually received a reply saying that the case had been investigated and that the stewardess had acted properly.
RouteBangkok to Koh Samui
Date FlownOctober 2020

"friendly yet hard-working people"

(Thailand)

Not Verified | I was booked on a flight from Trat to Bangkok during October 2020. A tropical storm was passing through Trat and meant that there was severe rain and low visibility throughout the day. Unsurprisingly, the captain of the inbound from Bangkok decided to go around and after holding for a bit flew back to Bangkok. Initially I did not ask the ground crew for any information as I was tracking the flight and storm online. They initially announced the delay as "we will inform you the new time later" and it became obvious after a while that the delay would be quite a while. They seemed to have multiple contingencies in place even with the COVID situation, and another plane with another set of crew was sent to Trat, as the previous crew and aircraft exceeded their legal allowed flying time. During the wait, the ground staff were on hand to help passengers and in general handled the situation like it was an everyday thing to them. It really helped the passengers feel relaxed and not stressed. They even offered to try to rebook passengers who were connecting on other airlines, which is clearly going above and beyond their responsibilities. I had a guide to what delayed passengers were entitled to, and a 2 hour plus delay meant a meal would be provided. They did get us a hot lunch box delivered as there isn't a restaurant on site. In the end, the weather cleared up, and the replacement aircraft landed and the ground crews worked to turn around the aircraft and literally as the last passenger boarded the doors closed and we were off, pushing back 3 hours and 10 minutes later than our scheduled departure time. Service onboard was done as a snack box, which contained packet nuts, a savoury chicken pastry and a bottle of water. It wasn't too much to write home about but it sets Bangkok Airways apart from their low-cost competition. The crew were very hard-working although I think they seemed a bit robotic today, but in general Bangkok Airways crew and staff are very casual and friendly yet hard-working people. Baggage arrived very quickly in Suvarnabhumi airport, which seems to become more consistent as they have upgraded their systems. I think that the way an airline is appropriately judged is how they handle a crisis, and in this case they put the safety of passengers first and foremost, yet still handled the situation extremely well. I think this is a textbook example of how to handle a flight delay and I applaud Bangkok Airways for making our day as stress-free as it could've possibly been. If only other airlines handled delays this well.
AircraftATR72-600
RouteTrat to Bangkok
Date FlownOctober 2020

"Friendly staff, good service"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Yangon. Be on time! They fly on schedule, clocklike! Good app for online check-in. Prompt and speed baggage drop. Very clean airplane. Friendly staff, good service. Hot meal on this one hour flight.
AircraftA320-200
RouteBangkok to Yangon
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"a true dedicated employee"

Not Verified | I especially want to thank Khun Guy at Krabi Airport Ticketing Office for her perseverance and commitment as a ground handling Staff with Bangkok Airways where she gave me extreme assistance. She's a true dedicated employee. I was booked from Krabi to Bkk & connecting SQ979 to S'pore on April 5th, I realized on the day before my departure, Bangkok Airways was grounded and not taking off to Bkk and I went directly to KBV Airport on April 5th early morning hoping to book a ThaiSmile flight to BKK which was departing at 4pm that same April 5th. Somehow, with sheer luck I managed to get a seat with the kind help of Guy knowing that ThaiSmile was also fully booked and that I'm on their 1st priority list. At the same time, Guy also made sure that I'm checked in with ThaiSmile as I need to be in Bangkok to connect my SQ flight back home to S'pore. Simultaneously she also made arrangements for Bangkok Airways Staff at Suvarnabhumi Airport to assist me for check-in with SIA knowing that it was a time-factor that I needed to check-in ASAP as my SQ Departure time was 6.30pm & ThaiSmile arrival Bkk at 5.30pm as I had to clear Customs & Immigration that will consume some time. Overall I made it for my SQ-979 check-in on time with the help of Bangkok Airways Staff at Suvarnabhumi Airport.
RouteKrabi to Bangkok