American Eagle

(Belgium)

ORD-YYZ and YUL-ORD. Comfortable flights free drinks (non-alcoholic). YUL-ORD delayed to oil problem with one of the engines but were kept regularly informed by flight crew.

American Eagle customer review

Flew from Chicago-Columbus Ohio. Flight delayed by 10 hrs. We were told only in 30-60 min. intervals and other airlines which left on time were flying half empty. Similar problem 2 days later going back to Chicago. Will avoid AE in future if at all possible.

American Eagle customer review

San Diego - Los Angeles - Fresno. All the flights on Embraer 140 which I found roomy and comfortable. Leaving San Diego it was foggy and the gate agent was concerned and put us and other passenger on an earlier flight (the flight we were supposed to be on ended up cancelled). On a short 28 minute flight the flight attendant managed to serve beverages to a full aircraft. Our next flight to Fresno boarded early and left early with only around 10 people on board. Basic flight with a drink service and an early arrival into Fresno. American Eagle crews showed they care about passengers helped us avoid a potentially bad situation.

American Eagle customer review

LGA-ATL on one of American Eagle's CRJ 700. In addition to a great flight and service what impressed me the most was to be on an American Eagle airplane that had been cleaned prior to departure. Attentive crew members and this service and experience is usually not the norm - but this was a great flight.

American Eagle customer review

Absolutely appalling. Sat on tarmac for 2hrs 50 mins told staff that I would miss my 1:30am flight to HKG totally indifferent. Wouldn't let us off plane although obvious that we would miss connection. 10 minutes before arriving at Toronto pilot made announcement that Cathay were holding the flight for us - we shot off plane into an empty closed down airport. Cathay had left ages ago and we found out later they will not hold a plane for passengers unless baggage is loaded. Crew lied to us so they wouldn't have to help. We wandered around the closed airport all night and when found AA airline staff were told that we would have to fly back to NY to catch a flight in the afternoon - no compensation whatsoever and arrived in HKG totally exhausted. AA should have met us at gate - we were told later by an AA staff who confided that in her 25 years of work in the airline she had never seen such a decline in customer service. Flight back was also delayed deadheading a pilot - so we waited 3 hours.

American Eagle customer review

Gainesville to Miami non-stop. Gainesville airport is only serviced by three airlines so my choices were limited. Flight was OK a 64 seat ATR-72 showing its age but in decent shape. The flight was 1hr 20mins but we were still served drinks. American Eagle is good in that you can pick your seat when you book the ticket online unlike some airlines which charge you. A warning though the ATR-72 has overhead bins but they are too small for regular carry-on bags. Things like backpacks and purses will fit but that's about it. If you do have a standard luggage carry on you will check it in right before you get to the plane and once you get off the plane it'll be there waiting for you. The ATR-72 boards from the back of the plane so pick seats in the back and you'll be off the plane first.

American Eagle customer review

LAX-DEN. Very lucky to make my connection off a QANTAS flight from Australia due to delays in LAX security (even though 2 hours between flights). I made it to the gate but then told that I had to get a bus which wasn't arriving for another 10 minutes. This should be advised somewhere because I was not made aware of this fact. The Eagle terminal is ok but nothing to eat other than vending machines. ERJ140 flight across to Denver was very good - I have flown the ERJ a few times on AE recently and it is very comfortable for a regional jet. Had the single seat on the left hand side next to the aisle - fine for a 2 hour flight. Overall I don't mind flying on the ERJ - it beats a turboprop anyday!

American Eagle customer review

Chicago ORD to YYC on a small CR7 jet. Overhead compartments won't take rollerbags so they have to be gate checked. Seats are small & uncomfortable. Fortunately the flight was less than half full so I sprawled out in the 2 economy seats in my row. The CR7 is too small of a plane to fly 3-4 hrs in. FAs pleasant and attentive enough.

American Eagle customer review

DCA-JFK as part of international trip. Check in staff extremely rude and abrasive. Wanted to charge for bag even though I was clearly on an international ticket. Problem solved by Admirals Club staff member who was superb and redeemed the flight. Was not warned that small Embraer cannot accommodate carry-ons which lead to delays and confusion during boarding. FA was unfriendly and seemed utterly disinterested in safety demo.

American Eagle customer review

DCA-JFK-DCA ERJ 140. Outbound flight was very good with on-time service an efficient and pleasant flight attendant plus informative crew. The inbound flight left the gate on time at JFK but didn't take off for another hour. Flight attendant provided minimal service. The outbound aircraft was newer but both were clean though the ERJ 140 is not comfortable due to the curvature of the fuselage at floor level. Checked baggage and valet cabin bags were delivered promptly. Overall this regional connector was acceptable for a flight of less than an hour not counting the pre-takeoff delay at JFK. Ticket price was higher than justifiable for this short flight.