American Eagle

"not respect people’s time"

Trip Verified | Philadelphia to Cincinnati. American Airlines does not respect people’s time! Or I think they don’t know the importance of time. Ok to be on point I know they always do delays but they hide it until last moment! I think AA needs some training. Please AA improve your service and taste of cookies served on plane. Crew members are rude and so is customer assistance.
RoutePhiladelphia to Cincinnati
Date FlownMay 2019

"overbooked that flight"

Trip Verified | I went from Bangor to Philadelphia then to Kansas city. And the same route back. My flight was in time which was a relief because of the buses you have to take in Philly to your connecting flight. However on my way back in Kansas city they had over booked the fought by 4 people! Luckily 4 people offered to stay back because they were given 1,000 vouchers once we got to Philly they had overbooked that flight by 2 people and a seat was broken. For whatever reason, my boarding pass didn't have a seat or boarding number on it. This was extremely stressful due to the fact that there are only 2 flights a day that fly into Bangor. 3 people had to stay behind that day. How they get away with one booking. People pay money for these tickets and expect to get to and from their destination in a safe and timely manner.
RouteBangor to Philadelphia
Date FlownApril 2019

"cancelled the connecting flight"

Trip Verified | Beaumont to Billings via Dallas. The tickets were ridiculously expensive. The same day I booked, I had to change our flights to the next day. Even though the tickets were still same price for the next day as the ones I purchased, I was charged 150 dollars for the change. Then American Airlines pressured me into buying trip insurance, telling me that it would cover any airline changes and cancellations. As I boarded the plane going home, AA cancelled the connecting flight. When I landed in Dallas, I received text that AA re-booked connecting flight for the next day. Now they don't want to pay for the cancelled and re-booked flight (that I was unable to take & I had to rent a car to drive 6 hours home which cost me over 300 dollars). When they were pressuring me to buy the insurance, they NEVER told me the insurance only kicks in after a 12 hr delay. This delay was overnight. Meaning I originally had an evening connecting flight that was cancelled. So, my children & I were supposed to spend the night in DFW airport Isn't that why I bought trip insurance To cover the costs when this happens I know they cannot control the weather, but they could honor the insurance they pressure their customers to buy and not make ridiculous parameters that hinder customers from receiving relief from the insurance. Furthermore, ridiculous fees AA charges for changing flights (after booking the same day within a few hours) is even more reason why I love Southwest. American Airlines need to take lessons from SWA. I was very disappointed that Southwest Airlines do not fly to Billings, MT or I would have definitely flown SWA - No hidden fees, no baggage fees, no fees for changing flights, and amazing customer service!
RouteBeaumont to Billings via Dallas
Date FlownApril 2019

"the worst customer service"

Trip Verified | Absolutely the worst customer service. Nobody is accountable for anything and has no clue of what is happening. I flew from San Jose to Los Angeles on February 11. I accidentally left my wallet on the aircraft. I got a call saying I left it and should collect it from Lost and Found the next day. When I went to LAX nobody had any clue about where it was. The lady at Lost and Found was not helpful and rude. I spent 4 hours at the airport going from counter to counter. I have a voicemail recording saying they found my wallet and then asking me to pick it up. I even spoke to someone over the phone and confirmed the same. However, in less than 12 hours they lost my wallet while getting it from the gate to lost and found. I made several attempts to reach them but nobody answered the phone. When I called the customer service number, they had no clue of how to handle this issue. I filed a report online, but they didn't even respond to that. It shows how careless the employees are with customers' property. They lost something which they themselves found! In less than 12 hours they couldn't even transport it from the gate to the lost and found department. Pathetic.
RouteLos Angeles to San Jose
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"one of the most enjoyable flights"

Trip Verified | My brother and I had flown from Charlotte to Dulles and originally had seats towards the back of the plane. I am 6'6 and my brother is 6'4 with a prosthetic leg. Our flight attendant watched us struggle to get to our seats and cram ourselves in for the flight. He walked back and invited us to come sit in first class in 2 open seats and proceeded to make it one of the most enjoyable flights we had been on with outstanding service. We will be back to American in the future!
AircraftCRJ900
RouteCharlotte to Washington
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"not first class attention at all"

Not Verified | Flew Louisville to Los Angeles via Dallas Fort-Worth with American Eagle. I was in first class and didn't see any difference. It was an early morning flight and it was cold. They didn't have any blankets. The same food was offered as in the other sections. It was not first class attention at all.
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteLouisville to Los Angeles via Dallas Fort-Worth

"caused a 24 hour delay"

Not Verified | Knoxville to North Eleuthera via Miami. One mechanical problem followed by another, compounded by a breakdown in ground equipment caused a 5 hour delay at our origin. As a result, we missed our connection in Miami despite scheduling a 3 hour layover. This caused a 24 hour delay. As a result we miss at least one day of vacation, a day we have to pay for. The information provided while waiting on the tarmac for almost 3 hours was infrequent and unhelpful. "Customer service" was provided only grudgingly with every attempt made to provide minimum assistance.
AircraftEmbraer
RouteKnoxville to North Eleuthera via Miami
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"Service was friendly"

(Qatar)

Trip Verified | Salt Lake City to Los Angeles. The flight got delayed because of a lengthy De-icing process. Service was friendly for a very short flight, just drinks and snacks. Landing in LAX was very smooth and luggage delivered on time but the American Eagle terminal is uncomfortably distant from the main terminal in LAX.
AircraftCRJ700
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteSalt Lake City to Los Angeles

"staff is very bad"

Trip Verified | Charlotte to Toronto. Never travel by this airline. The staff is very bad, rude and not at all friendly. We pay for our flight and in return we at least want a smile or a courtesy but do not expect it from this airline.
RouteCharlotte to Toronto
Date FlownDecember 2018

"the ghetto of airplanes"

Trip Verified | Kansas City via Dallas Ft Worth operated by Mesa Airlines. If you're going to make your passengers slum their ride home, don't upcharge for premium seating. They wont provide even their first names for complaints and when I tried to show my receipt and what my upgrade included, the female flight attendant stormed off. I sat in 4F from MCI to DFW arrived 12/19/18 at 9:04 pm. This is the ghetto of airplanes and service. Bad form, American. I'm seriously thinking of switching to United for my weekly flights.
RouteKansas City via Dallas Ft Worth