American Eagle

"Absolute garbage"

Trip Verified | Absolute garbage. Boarded the plane only to be told to get off, Cancelled our flight and didn’t even inform us, refused to talk to customers at the kiosk, then informs us that they can’t get us to our final destination of San Francisco (one of the larges cities on the West Coast) until 36hrs after we are supposed to arrive. Lost AB&B, lost car reservation with car seat (that they aren’t going refund us for), and now we’re have to make up 2 days of travel hurrying to a wedding in Oregon, losing the time we were gonna spend driving the PCH (which is half of our trip). Please for the love of God choose a different airline.
RouteKnoxville to Charlotte
Date FlownMay 2022

"unfortunately not wonderful"

Not Verified | Our American Eagle Flight from SRQ to Charlotte (flt. 5521 departing SRQ at 1:30 pm on April 13) was unfortunately not wonderful. The flight attendant for business was curt, draconian in approach, and very stingy with snacks. I have flown this route numerous times and when I have asked for more than one item it was gladly given - .not the case until the entire cabin was served per the statement of this attendant, and even then, when she returned and I watched her stow the leftover snacks and I asked it was given to me with a bit of a frustrated attitude on her part. The other issue is that in prior flights on CRJ 900s, I have always been able to stow a rollaboard, which can be easily stowed above the seats the right side of this aircraft. When I asked this attendant why the policy had changed, she was rather impertinent stating that this had always been the policy by law (i.e. the need to check rollaboards). You can check your records to see how often I have flown this route from either SRQ to Charlotte or DCA and I was always allowed to bring a bag on board. I sense that my question, which was very diplomatically phrased, was not appreciated and led to the rest of our less than satisfactory interaction. I have flown American for years and prior to the pandemic was in Executive Platinum status for many of them. It is discouraging to have had a rude attendant, particularly when we paid to be in business class. It was also interesting to her how soft and welcoming her demeanor became when advertising the credit card and is associated amenities. Please understand that I don't like giving negative information nor do I wish to complain. These are challenging times for the airlines as well as passengers who fly them. But my attitude is always positive and welcoming and I expect no less than those whose service I have procured - and this was clearly substandard.
AircraftCRJ900
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteSarasota to Charlotte
Date FlownApril 2022

"last time I fly this airline"

Trip Verified | Do not fly American Eagle. I flew on flight 6002 March 11,2022 from Montgomery to Charlotte. This was the worst flight ever. Their customer service is ridiculous. We landed in Spartanburg NC for a reason that no one knew. We were held on the plane for 4 hours waiting plus the 5:30am flight which was 50 minutes. The entire flight lost their connection flights and had to suffer the long day at the air port because no one knew how to connect a flight to another flight. We weren’t given any options. Nothing to help us get through. Some customers had medical Conditions that required eating before medication and nothing. As we were waiting the toilets got stuffed up and couldn’t flush any more. The seats we sat in basically had no support in the middle and sagged down the center. It was painful sitting and waiting. All in all this will be the last time I fly this airline.
RouteCharlotte to Cincinatti
Date FlownMarch 2022

"try to avoid American in the future"

Trip Verified | Booked this round trip around 3 weeks in advance. Was rather expensive and I felt tricked into paying to reserve my seat at the time of booking. I found out subsequently that reserving was free within 24hrs of the flight. I felt it was mean of the airline to charge for 1 checked bag. I have flown many times with various European, Asian and US airlines in the past 40 years and this is the first time I have incurred these charges on top of what I believe to have been an expensive flight in the first place. The staff encountered as well as the flights themselves were no better or worse than the competition. I will try to avoid American in the future!
RoutePhiladelphia to Roanoke
Date FlownFebruary 2022

"that’s not the way you speak to a customer"

Not Verified | I’m on the plane as we speak making a review because the flight attendant is very rude. I’m on flight 5216 to RDU from Philly. First off let me start off with my families original flight was canceled and we had to wait 14hrs in the airport for another flight. We should of been given more than $12 food vouchers for 14 hrs. Then for us to get on a plane where the attendant has an attitude for what reason we don’t know. He asked me was I willing to help with an emergency because I have an end seat. I shook my head yes and aggressively he says you need to say yes or no. Excuse me! He could have said that a little better. Then I was looking at him and he asked me did I have a problem? Really? I have a problem because I looked at him? I just laughed and my husband said something to him and he walked away. Better customer service training needed because that’s not the way you speak to a customer.
RouteLas Vegas to Raleigh
Date FlownNovember 2021

"The flight attendants were the worst!"

Trip Verified | Absolutely horrible! The flight attendants were the worst! They made me wear a different mask because apparently there was something wrong with my mask, even though I passed through security and had just got off a previous plane without anybody making me switch masks! As soon as I sat down, she told the other attendant to make sure I was wearing the new mask. Then they continued to target me on the plane by telling me my pillow needs to be stored under the seat, which is a lie! No airplane carrier makes you do that. Then the older lady told me to put my phone on airplane mode as I was finishing a text. I told her to give me one second and I will put it on there, but then she yelled at me saying, “Now! Put it on airplane mode now!” So I did. Then the same lady came back a minute later to harass me again and said “I need your phone on airplane mode.” I told her that I did the first time she asked and showed her the airplane symbol on my phone. Then she got an attitude and left. I will never fly with this airline again.
AircraftE170/175
RouteDallas Fort-Worth to Shreveport
Date FlownOctober 2021

"American Airlines. It's a clown show!"

Trip Verified | Jay L. Schottenstein makes $14.7 million/yr then pays his top 5 another $21million to pick you up 6 hrs late in an outdated plane that offers no snacks, drinks, ice and only enough warm water for 1/2 the passengers, oh and no wifi. Only to leave you stranded for 17 + hrs and offer no hotel room or meal vouchers. Then pays nice people poor wages to say sorry through a smile. Tells you it's due to weather only to find out from the pilot it's mechanical. American Airlines. It's a clown show!
RouteChicago to Milwaukee
Date FlownAugust 2021

"The cabins are so small and they are filling every seat"

Not Verified | I would not recommend ever flying this airline. The cabins are so small and they are filling every seat. The flight is packed. It seems their response to our safety during COVID is to pack the small planes where everyone but do not provide any inflight food or beverage service. I flew Delta 2 days ago, what a difference. Every other seat was open. I felt very safe from others who may have the virus and they were great at providing safe food and beverage service. I can't believe the difference in these two airlines. Especially when the price of the flights were exactly the same. I would never choose to fly American Eagle again.
Date FlownMay 2021

"Sensitivity training. Invest in it"

Trip Verified | I am usually not one to take the time to complete reviews or even the one to care about leaving a review. However this time I felt compelled. I was recently a passenger on a flight from Charlotte to New Bern, North Carolina. It had been a weekend. I was boarding the plane. With two bags strategically positioned but still somewhat awkwardly, on my person making my way to my seat. I was wearing new platform sneakers I treated myself to. It had been a year. I think we can all relate. The person in front of me stopped in his tracks to snatch up a spot to place his item in the “overhead bin”. So I had to stop mid step and took a step back. Of course, this happened to be right in front of someone of your staff sitting in one of the rows. He looked at me and said “too much to drink?” I felt instantly embarrassed. Because he wasn’t quiet and discreet. “No sir” I said. but thank you. What I wanted to say was, I did have a glass of wine prior to boarding. But thank you for assuming that I was drunk. Not that I’ve spent a last minute whirlwind weekend with my family in Massachusetts, after 14 months of not seeing them due to Covid. Not seeing my father with kidney failure for fear of bringing the pandemic to his door step, as I am a primary care nurse practitioner. It wasn’t the weight of a weekend spent desperately making up for lost time and salvaging moments. Not being exhausted staying up with him because he was too afraid to asleep. You don’t know me. I don’t know you. In a world that is already struggling. Be kind. Do not assume the worst. As much as anyone, I know the importance of safety. Ask if I am ok. Or say nothing at all. When I really wanted to answer with, if only it was that simple. I am not sure what your company has identified as core values, but where I work, these interactions would be unacceptable. Sensitivity training. Invest in it.
RouteChartlotte to New Bern
Date FlownMarch 2021

"not concerned with even trying to be on time"

Not Verified | Flight departed twenty minutes late. Waited forty five minutes to park after landing because we had to wait for the one of nine gates that was occupied to depart. Ground personnel only handle one plane at a time. Obviously this airline is not concerned with even trying to be on time. First class cabin very cold. Cabin crew said they could not help because of a design flaw.
AircraftCanadair Reginal