Air Namibia

"never fly again with Air Namibia"

Trip Verified | We were traveling from Frankfurt to Windhoek in the business class. A night flight. Several screens were not working in the business class. Others could not been switched off. 4 air hostesses, 3 woman (the oldest one was friendly I have to say) and 1 man. Unbelievable behavior of the crew (never seen in any other company) in some way imperious, telling clients to do things, without any courtesy and politeness. No friendly responses to questions either. My daughter politely asked for a second bread roll and there were a prompt and harsh answer without any smile: "no you have to wait that I have given one to everybody!" It was embarrassing. I had the impression that she was angry about her work and everybody in business class. Not willing to do her job and not willing to make people feel comfortable. The man was also very unpolite, he stood in front of passengers with a plastic bag open (to collect blankets), just waiting that you put your blanket by yourself in this collecting bag which is not a problem, but no word, no "please could you" no "thank you" or something polite. It was highly unprofessional. They were all ungracious except the older lady. We arrived at around 7h00 at Windhoek. At around 12h00 we realized that we have had forgotten our computer in the overhead compartment. Aircraft was still in the airport. I called lost and found and a very bored lady said, the cleaner have given nothing to me and I cannot do anything. Later at the airport, ground staff also told me how can you proof that you have forgotten the computer there! Cleaner from the aircraft said that he had found nothing and that maybe the crew took the computer because they do first check to collect forgotten items. At the day of arrival, Air Namibia ground staff was not willing to do any effort or investigation to get the item back. The day after customer care contact told me maybe passengers took it. Just to make things clear: In the business class, the overhead compartment is quite personal. Two seats have their own large overhead compartement. We were sitting completely in front of the aircraft. While leaving the aircraft, no passenger were passing after us and even the computer could not have been seen by other passengers. The overhead compartments are placed very high in the Air Namibia aircraft, computer was not in a bag. Our overhead compartment looked empty, thats why we forgot the computer. We will never fly again with Air Namibia.
Date FlownOctober 2018

"entertainment not working"

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Windhoek. Unfriendly crew and more than 50% of the entertainment systems not working. Air Namibia knows about the problem because there are reviews from moths ago describing the same problem. Obviously they do nothing against it.
Date FlownJuly 2018

"certainly a step above SAA"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Windhoek to Jahannesburg. Excellent service, food excellent, great crew, comfortable seats and certainly a step above SAA. I travel 10 times a year to Namibia, and unfortunately I’m driven by frequent flyer programme loyalty, but as the said carrier continues to shrink its network, it’s going to be air Namibia for my future trips
RouteWindhoek to Jahannesburg
Date FlownMay 2018

"customer service is non-existent"

(Namibia)

Trip Verified | Paris to Windhoek via Frankfurt. We have flown Air Namibia a few times. Their inflight service and on-time arrivals were quite good. The way they handled connecting flights for us however was incompetent and the general customer service which was needed as a result, was incredibly poor. We booked our 13 year old son to Paris on Air Namibia. While the connection via Frankfurt (connection flight on Lufthansa) was o.k. on the way back Air Namibia booked him on an Air France flight from Paris to Frankfurt, with onward connection to Windhoek on Air Namibia. In Paris he was denied boarding on the grounds that Air France – unlike Lufthansa - has a minimum age requirement for alone travelling juniors of 14 years. (Lufthansa's minimum age is 12). Air France check-in staff said that he should have never been booked that way by Air Namibia as the age of the traveler is obviously known when the booking is made. When he was denied boarding we rushed to the Windhoek Airport asking Air Namibia staff for help and to re-book our son on LH connecting flight for the next day. We were surprised that while admitting their mistake they charged us for the re-booking (LH instead of AF) and said we should contact Customer Service for a refund. Apart from a holding reply after 2 days we have not heard back from them in more than 3 months. Reminders were ignored. Not only a very incompetent booking system but also a customer service which is non-existent. Sad for an airline which otherwise tries hard to compete. We might fly them again for any easy non-stop flights, but certainly not for any trip that requires a connecting flight.
RouteParis to Windhoek via Frankfurt
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"never fly Air Namibia again"

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Windhoek. I try to keep it short, to summarize our experience with Air Namibia, based on a booked holiday, originally starting 24th of October. Original Flight Frankfurt to Windhoek on 24th of October cancelled with short notice we had to rebook to fly a day earlier, leading to additional costs for room and expense - Taxi etc. Confirmed booking for seats was lost Asian Vegetarian food booking not fulfilled - 1 poor spare replacements for 2 guests evening food, Breakfast cancelled totally, as no vegetarian food available Flight Windhoek - Victoria Falls confirmed booking for seats was lost Flight Victoria Falls - Windhoek Plane broken - announcement of 2 hour delay Plane left Victoria Falls late by 4 hours late. Plane was not going back to Windhoek directly, as redirected to Harare to pick up waiting passenger and save flight costs from there, additional 2 hours flight time we had to leave the plane in Harare to redo the emigration and security process from scratch, nor did your crew have a clue that this will happen - additional 45 minutes of chaos and confusion. Crew had no clue what about the overall situation of passengers, neither their arrangements to be hit. Arrival Time Windhoek 23:30 - approx 6 hours late - Luckily we did not have a flight booked back to Frankfurt as 6 passengers this night, as that flight was missed. No possibility to pick up booked rental car, as all companies closed already. Additional costs for Taxi and delivery by rentals company next morning to hotel. Flight Windhoek- Frankfurt Confirmed booking for seats gone - new seats arranged by friendly ground crew, just to find out that the entertainment program for these seats were broken, as it was for other passengers on the flight 2 weeks before, so no wonder that theses seats were free. Poor quality control. As a summary, the ground staff and flight crews were friendly and helpful (mostly), the decisions made by called management are not just questionable, they will lead to damage for the name of the company. We will never fly Air Namibia again, better booking via South African Airways. 2 Stars for parts of the crews and groundstaff only. Not to mention, customer service post flight seems to ignore direct communication.
AircraftA330-200
Date FlownOctober 2017

"First leg was cancelled"

(Norway)

Verified Review | I have 3 flights with Air Namibia in December. First Johannesburg to Walvis Bay, via Windhoek : First leg was cancelled. A few days later I get noticed that my sons ticket from Walvis Bay to Cape Town also was cancelled. Now I worry for my last Air Namibia ticket from Walvis Bay to Windhoek. Is something up or are they just cancelling 2 of 3 flights to and From Walvis Bay?
RouteWindhoek to Walvis Bay
Date FlownNovember 2017

"what a pleasant surprise"

Verified Review | First time with Air Namibia flying from Johannesburg to Windhoek. What a pleasant surprise. Excellent cabin crew, a complete meal served on a 1hr40 min flight, and on time. Henceforth I'll make Air Namibia my carrier of choice whenever I travel to Windhoek. Keep up the good work.
RouteJohannesburg to Windhoek
Date FlownMay 2017

"attendants were friendly "

(South Africa)

Verified Review | Windhoek to Cape Town. The food was plenty, attendants were friendly and firm in their instruction. A delay in boarding at Windhoek and no announcement that that was what was happening. Jerking and shaking as the aircraft took off, when I asked one of the staff he said "it was the wind, strong wind."
RouteWindhoek to Cape Town
Date FlownApril 2017

"plenty of food and drinks"

Verified Review | I was happy with the four Air Namibia flights of this trip (Frankfurt-Windhoek, Windhoek-Cape Town and back). Plenty of food and drinks, only one minor delay, everyone was nice and the price was great. However, at Cape Town Airport the check-in for the flight back opened way too late. There wasn't enough time to pass all the necessary security check and passport control queues. When we had to ask for airport employee help at the passport control queue, they were rude and said it wasn't their problem, but the airline's. This caused delays at both Cape Town and Windhoek and we almost missed the connection. Frequent travellers said this was a common problem on Fridays, should have been addressed by now. Also, the website doesn't have a filter for visas required to enter the destination.
RouteFrankfurt to Cape Town via Windhoek
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"various bad experiences"

(Namibia)

Verified Review | Durban to Windhoek via Gabarone. Various bad experiences on Air Namibia starting from purchasing the tickets. Such a rude agent in the office in Windhoek assisted me. After much unnecessary attitude and lack of willingness to help I got to purchase my tickets. The trip from Windhoek to Durban was absolutely fine, plane was late, but the trip was fine, however the trip back was a nightmare. We did a little holiday shopping and we knew one of our bags was going to be overweight, we asked to be checked in together, they said no, my bag was 20kgs, boyfriends bag was 28kgs. We said its fine we will pay the excess, they refused and said we had to take items out of our bags. We took our toiletries out, some boots and a heavy wrapped gift we received from the family we visited. Thereafter I had to wait until they could confirm if there was still a seat available for me on the plane. I finally got checked into the flight after almost 3 hours, we got to security and turns out heavy gift was a vintage bottle of alcohol in a vintage case, so we could not take it through. We had to then go buy a bag to place all items back in, and try to get the bag checked into luggage again. Back at check in counter we get informed that we now have to pay excess for this bag if we are to check it in. So suddenly they can allow excess payments but earlier in the morning when we originally wanted to pay the overweight charges we were refused. By some small miracle a lady at the counter assisted us and we could check the bag in at the 'Large parcels' desk. The flight was also about 30mins late, after which we all boarded but could not take off because there were 4 infants on the plane but the incompetent persons at check in did not check the passengers with infants into the correct seats, (seats with 3 oxygen masks) it was then another 20mins of begging people to switch seats with these mommies and babies. Be warned fellow frequent flyers, if you wish to ever reach your destinations on time Air Namibia is not the airline to fly with.
RouteDurban to Windhoek via Gabarone