Air Namibia

Air Namibia customer review

Cape Town to Walvis Bay [Namibia] return in business class B737-500. This was flying as it used to be good service hot meal on a 2 hour flight and large comfortable seats. Admittedly the outbound trip was 2 hours delayed and communication was poor but this is Africa and they did their utmost to turn it around when it did arrive. No doubt my holiday spirit affected my reaction to this if you had commitments it would have been a problem. I would use them again and would do the LGW to Namibia route with them. Safe professional and customer focussed.

Air Namibia customer review

LGW-WDH return Business Class. Small busy lounge at Gatwick (multi-airline) much smaller and even busier lounge Windhoek (multi-airline). Seating 2x2x2 with PTV monitors but with which two attendants seemed unfamiliar - so wasted time fiddling and missed the beginning of the set. Food so/so both flights with alcohol ceasing to be served immediately after main food service. Economy passengers repeatedly used Business Class lavatories and attendants were unconcerned that we were waiting in line something I pay an extra amount to avoid! E- mailed Air Namibia upon my return. It took three months to respond despite my repeated reminders. Received seven paragraphs about the horrors of blood alcohol content and unruly drunk passengers. Such a patronising attitude towards experienced worldwide travellers will achieve no awards. I think Air Namibia is just plain mean with every aspect of its service.

Air Namibia customer review

LHR - WDH and back during Nov 2008. Much better than expected. The food was very good and cabin crew were friendly & attentive. Plenty of water offered. My only gripe was the seat was very uncomfortable - OK once I fixed up extra cushioning for my lower back.

Air Namibia customer review

WDH-CPT in Economy. B737-500 of unknown provenance but inside OK. The crew were pleasant and efficient the captain informative and a hot meal which was edible and fine. Timekeeping spot on too so a high mark. I have not experienced their single long-haul A-340 and its service but short-haul perfectly OK.

Air Namibia customer review

Air Namibia Jo-burg to Windhoek return. Both were excellent flights on time and with service from very good cabin crew - including meals that we used to expect but now no longer receive from major airlines including BA and Iberia. No hesitation in thanking Air Namibia commending them for the flights or recommending them to others.

Air Namibia customer review

LGW to Windhoek return. Flight on time outbound and return with efficient boarding at LGW although free for all at Windhoek; however crew curt to the point of being rude except for one female cabin attendant on return leg. Food barely edible especially going out. Seats have plenty of leg room but are uncomfortable as the lumber bars do not work. Some problems with the heating - cold going out and excessively hot on return. IFE very basic largely with third rate films. Business lounge in Windhoek too small as a number of largish flights to CPT and JNB all going at at same time as LGW flight. I appreciate that Air Namibia is a cheap option and a direct route from London but would think twice before using them again.

Air Namibia customer review

Frankfurt to Windhoek return Economy. Check in no problem. Flights on time. Seats ok. Food reasonable. Outward leg was the first time I have ever been cold at the back of an Airbus. In flight service disappointing. Crew did the minimum they could get away with. On occasions were actually rude. Uncaring and ignored requests for assistance. Main screen entertainment only with non functioning headphones. I do not recommend air Namibia but they have little competition to push standards up. German 'um pah' music during boarding and disembarking amused the Germans as well as the Brits!

Air Namibia customer review

Just got back from a fantastic trip to Namibia but Air Namibia provided a disappointing end to the trip. They cunningly changed the time of the flight bringing it forward by an hour and a half so instead of getting to the airport almost 3 hours before departure it turned out to be leaving in an hour! Clearly no-one else had been told either as the queue was out the door - and to cap it all they only had one check-in desk open - I couldn't believe it! We eventually checked in about 2 minutes before it was due to take off and eventually left almost an hour late. A real shambles and what annoys me is that they clearly have all my contact details and could have contacted me via email or mobile to inform of the changes - I guess that would be too much to ask. I have traveled around the world and never re-confirmed a flight but would strongly recommend that you do with Air Namibia - it seems that the airline can't match the service and customer experience that the rest of Namibia offers.

Air Namibia customer review

WDH-CPT. The plane seemed to be an old Air France 737 as I noticed "Air France" on the seat belts and "Sortie" for exit. Although an old aircraft it was clean and the crew were professional. I also quite enjoyed the hot meal that was served. Much better than I expected!