Air China

"most value for money"

(Norway)

Not Verified | Oslo to Manila via Beijing. I have used Air China Business Class several times, and have booked again now for Christmas. We travel frequently and have tried several airline's Business Class on long journeys. Air China is the most value for money we can get. I have never experienced delays or lost luggage with them. The lounge in Beijing can be a little below standard with other Business Lounges. The staff have so far been nice, the planes have been clean, the food is good. Film selection could be better (for English readers). So instead of paying 2,500 Euro for a Business ticket, I pay 1,500 Euro. So for my travels, this is the best you can get for a reasonable price.
RouteOslo to Manila via Beijing
Date FlownDecember 2018

"Very inexpensive"

Not Verified | First time to fly with Air China. Our round trip from Munich to Pyongyang and Saigon was perfect. All flights on time, very good service, spacious seats foremost in premium economy. I can recommend Air China. The round trip was only 1100 €. Very inexpensive.
RouteMunich to Pyongyang via Beijing

"I found no baggage"

Trip Verified | Beijing to London. After I got off the plane, I found no baggage, I found that there was no result for about two hours, and there was a suitcase that was exactly the same as my suitcase. Brand, model, color are the same) has been unclaimed. After the airport staff said that let me "contact Air China, Air China has passenger contact information" and gave a baggage agency company list file number, and said it would help find, after the exit my son to China Air China The phone was transferred to the baggage office, and then my son suggested that the airline contact the owner of the unclaimed box. Then the customer service said, "Sorry, our airline does not have the customer's contact information, but we recorded the file." And said it twice. My son contacted GBS baggage agency at 7:30 pm London time on the 29th. During the exchange, the staff called "this passenger took the wrong baggage", but the baggage was not found. After that, I called again at 11.59 in the evening. The customer service still said that if there was any problem, "please contact the London airport", after my repeated questioning, the customer service changed the name and said "Contact China Air China's partner company at the London airport" Third-party outsourcing companies are completely unable to provide effective and reasonable solutions. When it comes to allowing Air China’s partner companies in London to reply to the process of this incident every day, the customer service said that "no permission, no idea, only message", in my After mentioning the compensation, the customer service said that “the baggage will be searched for within 21 days. If the baggage is not found after 21 days, the baggage tag will be lost and the airport will be compensated.” But as far as I know, it is only passive waiting to find the baggage. The person who got the wrong baggage contacted the airport, but until now, Air China did not receive the wrong number of luggage.
RouteBeijing to London
Date FlownAugust 2019

"stay away from this company"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Rome to Bangkok via Beijing. We had 2 problems with this airline, and recommend you to try to fly with another company. Beijing to Bangkok with scheduled departure at 2:15 PM; when we reached the gate, nothing was written about a potential delay; after 1 hour (at 3:20 PM) I went to the desk, and the girl said to me these words: “flight is in delay, no more info available”, so we didn’t know when it was going to depart, and not even the cause. Long story short, after going several times to the gate desk with nothing or poor answers given, the flight departed at 6:50 PM, and landed at 11:50 PM (scheduled at 6:35 PM). Had the most terrible Customer Care Assistance experience: return flight from Bangkok to Rome, we had a transfer of 7,5 hours at Beijing, and reading at the company’s policy we saw that we had the right to have an hotel room. I tried multiple times to book it via web site, but it always crashed (I tried something like 50 times in 2 weeks); called the hotline, and after 6 minutes it always would go down (payed money for every call); at Bangkok, we asked for help (before doing the check in), and they said that they couldn’t do anything, and that at Beijing for sure they would’ve fixed. Landed at Beijing, we went to the Lounge, cause Air China Desks were not present (as in Bangkok), and the only thing that the girl at the desk did was call the hotline (really, I am not joking); at the hotline, they said 3 different things: 1) first, that we needed to book the hotel at least 2 weeks before 2) then, that we had to book the hotel at least 24 hours before 3) in the end, that their policy is to book at least before checking in after a 1,5 hour call, in the end, I even tried to ask if it was at least possible to stay in the lounge, and they said: “sure, but you’ll have to pay”. One last thing, the girl's supervisor at the hotline didn't speak English, only Mandarin. After what I’ve been through, I will stay as much away as possible from this company, and I advise all of you to do the same. Embarrassing company.
RouteRome to Bangkok via Beijing

"worst airline experience"

Not Verified | Vancouver to Islamabad via Beijing. One of the worst airline experience. First delayed or lost luggage for 3 weeks. Then 2 piece completely damaged. They are offering free hotel outside Bejing Airport but it's scam since they know that airport would not let you out at all. We were family of 5 and stuck at airport for 24 hours among lot other families. Transit lounge booking is also pathetic. Bad food seats and customer service. No or very few English - great barrier. They offer cheap rates but worst service.
RouteVancouver to Islamabad via Beijing

"horrible business class"

Not Verified | Los Angeles to Bangkok via Beijing. Absolutely positively worst airline in the business. Horrible service, horrible business class. The lounges are an absolute joke. Never consider them again, no matter how much the cost.
RouteLos Angeles to Bangkok via Beijing
Date FlownJune 2019

"worst business class flight"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Bangkok via Beijing. The worst business class flight of any airline hands down - just cheap. Just attempt to reach them by phone. Well the phrase rings true " You get what you pay for". At any cost of savings absolutely not worth it - save yourself the trouble.
RouteLos Angeles to Bangkok via Beijing
Date FlownJune 2019

"Flight attendants don’t care"

Not Verified | Beijing to San Francisco. Never ever have flown on a worst flight. Flight attendants don’t care. They were constantly just talking and laughing with each other instead of taking care of the passengers. We had constant delays with no explanation of why. I will say that they were very kind and let my friend and I sit together on every flight. But in Beijing, we had a 20-hour layover from Bangkok. Which is fine but they said that our luggage would go straight to San Francisco. And after 3 straight days of traveling we got to SF and it wasn’t there. The guy helping us asked if we had a quick transfer of flights and when we told him we had a 20 hour lay over he was shocked. They had 20-hours to get the bags on the plane. Now I can’t contact anyone because they keep giving me a disconnected number. So I have no idea where our bags are or if they are even coming here.
RouteBeijing to San Francisco
Date FlownJuly 2019

"by far the cheapest option"

Trip Verified | Singapore to New York via Beijing in Economy. Total fare was SGD 847, by far the cheapest option at the time of booking. The SIN-PEK flight I had selected was cancelled more than a month before the trip, with an earlier and later flight offered. All flights departed and arrived on time. The legroom and pitch were acceptable, and the adjustable head and calf-rests were much appreciated. The level of cleanliness was generally good, with cleaning of the lavatories by the cabin crew. A decent selection of English content available in the IFE system, though the touchscreen was insensitive and the audio jacks and headphones had to be cajoled into producing even tinny, monaural sound. My pre-ordered vegetarian meal was not loaded onto the SIN-PEK flight due to the schedule change, but the AVML and VLML meals on the other sectors were satisfactory. Each featured a small and rather underwhelming entrée along with a rotating ensemble of sides, including Häagen-Dazs ice cream and Upstate Farms yogurt on the EWR-PEK sector. A selection of soft drinks and Chinese wine and beer were offered during regular drink runs. The onboard service was polite and efficient. One issue was that the layovers were extremely long. However, Air China offers Economy passengers with long layovers free transit lounge access. Though the contracted BCAT lounge was basic, it proved very useful on the return leg. In summary, Air China offered extremely affordable and reasonably comfortable transportation.
AircraftA330-300 / Boeing 777-300ER
RouteSingapore to New York via Beijing
Date FlownJuly 2019

"not be flying Air China again"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Singapore with a layover in Beijing. Quick & Dirty. Difficult to book flight. Online booking only. No mobile app. Aircraft dirty cloth seats, dirty monitor. Stolen luggage lock. Lost Luggage. Bad communication. This was by far the most nerve wrecking booking experience I've ever had! I travel frequently and decided to fly Air China despite the bad reviews and of course because of the lower price - won't do that again. I literally had to book the flight 3 times online because, for some reason, my transaction didn't go through. I know this because I called customer service (after being on hold for at least 20 minutes) and was informed. You'd think that would be enough to make me do an about-face. The aircraft had cloth seats with touch monitors that did not respond to touch. It wouldn't be so bad if I weren't on a 12 hour flight! The monitors and tray tables were visibly dirty. But I'm not trippin' because most aircraft are (whether visible or invisible) so I brought my handy-dandy antibacterial wipes. We were a lost luggage victim as well. Luggage didn't even leave LAX! Thank God the luggage arrived in Singapore 24 hours later - our luggage lock wasn't on our luggage. We sat on the tarmac for 1.5 hours before take-off (in Beijing). No explanation given until about an hour of sitting and waiting. Needless to say, we will not be flying Air China again.
RouteLos Angeles to Singapore via Beijing