Air China

"didnt even try a bit to help"

(Taiwan)

Trip Verified | Taipei to Beijing via Houston, we looked for a ticket not expensive and comfortable as we were traveling as a family with a 3 yrs old kid. I found that Air China was offering cheap ticket and transfer hotel accommodation at Beijing if your transfer time is over 7 hrs. Beijing is really cold in November at night even for adults, imagine the kids. We arrived Beijing at 00:30 for transfer and waited 1 hr in line for security check with a kid sleeping in my arms. Asked officers for priority line but none of them cared about us!! For transfer hotel you have to apply transfer visa which is an easy process i experienced before however this time the lady officer even without checking our passports carelessly and without expressing not even a little responsibility said I will not give you visa! Then i went to Air China desk, but they didnt even try a bit to help, we paid ourselves for hourly hotel to at least let baby sleep in warm. I never ever recommend Air China.
RouteTaipei to Beijing via Houston

"above-average experience"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | Tokyo to Paris via Beijing. There's a possibility that I might have just been lucky, but everything about my two recent flights with them was a boon. Tokyo Haneda to Beijing Business Class was an A321-200. Generously spacious and plush, soft fabric-upholstered seats, in a 2x2 configuration, with a headrest, extending footrest, and lumbar support. Very clean, well-maintained cabin and restrooms. Service was warm and courteous. Beijing to Paris/CDG Business Class an A330-200. 2x2x2 seat configuration. No partition between seats (no privacy), but the seat was spacious and comfortable, extending to a full bed. Bedding was high quality. Fantastic pillows. Food was basic, but warm and carefully presented. Coffee was excellent. In-flight entertainment was decent. Restrooms were kept spotless throughout the flight. Service was one of the best parts: polite crew, proactive, and attentive. The other best part was the price: $2,400 roundtrip while the same flight on other carriers went anywhere between $1,700–2,000 in Economy. Overall, an unexpectedly good, above-average experience.
AircraftA321-200 / A330-200
RouteTokyo to Paris via Beijing

"very bad service"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Moscow via Beijing. I had a connecting flight in Beijing at night 13 hours. My ticket included a free hotel. Representatives of the airline in Beijing refused to provide a free hotel. When I found the ticket information in the web-site and showed them again, they sent me to another terminal. There I was also redirected for a long time. When my nerves exploded, the airline representatives said that the hotel provision was not selected in the booking history. The staff could not provide the hotel. They also offered to spend time in the lounge area for 80 yuan / 3 hours. Good service and food aboard, but I do not recommend this airline because of the blunt Chinese ground staff. Email support answers for a long time or does not respond at all. Their answers are standard and not useful. They also could not help me. The site is constantly experiencing problems. Very uncomfortable, very bad service.
RouteBangkok to Moscow via Beijing
Date FlownNovember 2018

"surprised by this airline"

(Spain)

Not Verified | Madrid to Bangkok via Beijing. Positively surprised by this airline. The food was very good for airline food, and plenty - the movie selection was good (Hollywood and European independent movies in English with various language subtitles) and the aircraft was modern. The flight attendants seemed friendly yet with rather limited English. The only negative aspect was that the online check in did not seem to work on mobile phones and was painfully slow on the computer.
AircraftDreamliner
RouteMadrid to Bangkok via Beijing
Date FlownNovember 2018

"couldn’t check in online"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Xi'an to Beijing. Very nice staff. The airplane was just fine for a flight under two hours. Passangers were being provided with information at all times, but without being annoying. But having one flight attendant speaking to some passengers individually while safety instructions are being passed on should just not happen! Also, the ground service was confusing, not so nice and we couldn’t even check in online (not sure if that is an airline or country imposition).
RouteXi'an to Beijing
Date FlownOctober 2018

"Disgraceful service and attitude"

Trip Verified | New York to Hong Kong via Beijing. Disgraceful service and attitude. Avoid this airline. Flight: 13 Oct 2:30am, JFK-Hong Kong, CA990. Due to unexpected transport problems (incredibly, NY JFK's Airtrain system broke down, leaving us stranded onboard), I arrived at the Air China check-in desk exactly one hour before the flight. However, the staff had already closed the check-in desk (there was literally just one person left, closing down computers etc); and they would not let me check-in. The rules state check-in closes one hour before the flight, but the Air China staff had clearly closed the counter before that cut-off time. There were around 20 passengers left stranded due to being stranded on the airport's airtrain shuttle, but Air China made no attempt to help. In fact, the staff were completely indifferent. Air China refused to refund the money and would only allow us on a later flight if we paid the fare difference in full - which was several thousand dollars. I had to cancel my trip. I advise you never to buy tickets with Air China. If everything goes as planned you might be fine; but if there are any unexpected problems, Air China has no interest in helping and will be completely inflexible. Choose a better airline that Air China, one with reasonable customer service, one that solves problems rather than simply waving away passengers in need.
RouteNew York to Hong Kong via Beijing

"value for the money"

Trip Verified | Beijing to New York. Our flight left Beijing on time after an orderly boarding. The seats seemed wider, which allowed for a few hours' sleep. I ordered oriental vegetarian meals and they were basic but okay. Flight attendants came by often offering water. In-flight entertainment was adequate, with several good movies to watch en route. Overall, a good experience and excellent value for the money.
RouteBeijing to New York
Date FlownOctober 2018

"airline has negative marking"

Trip Verified | New York to Mumbai via Beijing. The food provided on-board is not up to the mark specially for long routes.I had Experienced the worst part from New York when the air China Airport authority is not sure whether we will get our connecting flight and the have to put the baggage destination of the next airport (Beijing) and before we reach the airport the flight attendant informs we are getting our connecting flight and when we get down and ask for our checked in baggage there is no one to respond on the airport when it is their home airport. Then one of the staff tells we would send it to Mumbai airport and when we land at Mumbai airport the Air China Staff tells we will send the baggage at home and the cost required for the material for your upcoming days would be compensated to you once you send us the bills. And when finally our bags come after 3 days we find half of our luggage missing and when we claim the company wont reply. This Airline is pathetic and I would never recommend anybody to travel by this airline. Regarding the staff support, Airline food, customer relation this airline has negative marking and most deteriorated services ever experienced.
RouteNew York to Mumbai via Beijing
Date FlownJuly 2018

"the food not good"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Tokyo to Milan via Beijing. The flight was ok but the entertainment on board was terrible and the food not good. Check-in online is not very clear and assistance is difficult to contact.
RouteTokyo to Milan via Beijing

"Poor customer service"

Trip Verified | Flew Air China from Tokyo to Beijing. Very slow and complicated checkin process. Poor customer service, they did not explain transit process in Beijing nor provide us with necessary transit forms. No customer service persons to help on arrival at Beijing. As a result of their poor service missed connecting flight. Have tried to contact airline numerous times, they refuse to discuss or reply to emails.
RouteTokyo to Beijing