Austrian Airlines

"Do not fall for the 45 minute layover"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | Do not fall for the 45 minute layover in Vienna. We travelled within the EU, and still had to run from the gate to passport control then a km to the surprise additional security check, back to the same airplane to catch the connecting flight. With a baby. Not to mention this was a different experience during the departure trip (to the same country but different airport - had to change terminals, despite the same airline, and go through passport control but no additional security check). Friendly staff onboard though.
RouteVarna to Copenhagen via Vienna
Date FlownAugust 2022

"very poor at customer service"

Trip Verified | Austrian Airlines put me and my partner on standby status. Thankfully we managed to fly out on the allocated flight. However, we did not get seats on the inbound flight and returned to Manchester via Zurich on a much later flight. Secondly, Austrian Airlines said I had not paid to carry luggage in the hold. I clearly had paid the additional fee in advance and had to provide a copy of my invoice to substantiate the fact. Austrian Airlines lost our luggage. We were not reunited with the luggage throughout the entirety of our four days in Vienna. It was only when physically searching a lost luggage warehouse at Vienna Airport that we found our luggage. This was on the morning of our departure. It was impossible to get in touch with the airline while we were in Vienna, either by allocated phone number of e mail. A complaint made to the airline on 13/07/22 requesting repayment for clothing and toiletries that had to be bought while in Vienna, has not been responded to. It is approaching three weeks without response from Austrian Airlines. I am very disappointed with Austrian Airlines. It is as if the airline do not acknowledge our existence. It is my experience that Austrian Airlines are very poor at customer service.
RouteManchester to Vienna
Date FlownJuly 2022

"The worst I have ever tried"

(Palestinian Territories)

Trip Verified | The worst I have ever tried. The food was very cold, airplane was not clean, they lost my luggage, when they found it they did not offer any delivery, instead asking me to come back to the airport in Amman while I live in Palestine. You will not be able to talk to any human being their chat system is useless they do not answer any call.
RouteVienna to Amman
Date FlownJuly 2022

"Austrian Airlines lost me as a customer"

Trip Verified | I booked Amsterdam to Ho Chi Minh City via Vienna and Bangkok at Austrian Airlines. The first two flights were operated by Austrian Airlines and the last part was code-shared with Thai Smile Airways. Once we arrived at SGN we discovered damage on one of the bags. We went to the baggage desk and filled in a form. Photos of the damage were taken. We went on holiday and after returning home I send in a form to Austrian Airlines. I got a case number and then for 6 weeks did not hear a thing. When I emailed for a reminder I got a short email back saying I have to go to Thai Smiles since they caused the damaged, also saying Austrian is not responsible and Austrian refers to their own rules. I asked again by email for a proper argument (I explained the damage could have occurred at Amsterdam, Vienna or Bangkok and that I have a booking with Austrian Airlines and not Thai Smile). Then I got an email saying that they refer to their first answer and that this will be their last communication with me. What a rude way to take care of your customers. So here I am with a bag (€160) which can't be used anymore. Austrian Airlines lost me as a customer
RouteAmsterdam to Ho Chi Minh City via Vienna / Bangkok
Date FlownJune 2022

"one of my best flights in recent years"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | My flight was good, both were. Cabin crew was nice and helpful. Even the food was ok, I ordered special gluten free meal and my travel partner had pasta. Leg room in the first, small plane (Embraer) was like really good. In the Boeing 777 it was comparable with the other air lines. Flights left on time. Overall that was one of my best flights in recent years. One thing to flag is that there was no WIFI though it should have been. And the second meal was only a sandwich and little desert, could be more.
RouteKrakow to Newark via Vienna
Date FlownJuly 2022

"the cheapest and poorest service we have ever had"

Not Verified | This was the cheapest and poorest service we have ever had in our life, no simple services like beverages, and cold water was with a purchase option only, otherwise you get the warm water with no ice. The crew did not care if we had small ones that needed more water, you have to always ask again and again and you get that half plastic cup. For someone who travels often, this was a really bad experience and one of the worst services I have had, travelling in a bus or a train would've been a better experience.
RouteParis CDG to Vienna
Date FlownJuly 2022

"the most disrespectful attitude"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Austrian Airlines cancelled my connecting flight from Vienna to Brussels and refused to give me a hotel voucher or a free meal. I wasn't informed of this cancelation until I was ready to board the plane to Austria. The staff was extremely rude and dismissive and the lady at the counter started yelling at me when I asked for more information on my connecting flight. I was obliged to go back to departures where I found out that there are no representatives of Austrian Airlines working at Oslo airport. The information desk gave me a German number and asked me to call and solve the problem myself. After waiting for a long time on the phone, I was told that my flight to Brussels would take place, four days later. No other solutions were offered by Austrian Airlines. It was the most disrespectful attitude I've ever witnessed at an airport. I eventually paid for a new flight with Norwegian Airlines and I flew to my destination the next morning. I highly recommend that you choose another company for your travels as Austrian Airlines is extremely unreliable.
RouteOslo to Brussels via Vienna
Date FlownJune 2022

"Worst customer service ever"

(Croatia)

Trip Verified | Worst customer service ever! After receiving an email that my return flight was cancelled, it was absolutely impossible to get in touch with Customer Service. I tried calling the numbers listed online several days in a row, however, to no avail, as I was kept on hold for over an hour each time, after which I hung up. They do not respond to emails, and take over a week to respond to messages sent via the online form on their website (which is unacceptable, considering the time-sensitive nature of rebooking flights for business trips). Would not recommend or travel with them again.
RouteZagreb to Berlin via Vienna

"No communication whatsoever"

Trip Verified | We landed 3 weeks ago in Amsterdam and are still waiting for our luggage. Impossible to reach customer service. No communication whatsoever. Come on Austrian Airlines! Take your responsibility.
RouteDubrovnik to Amsterdam via Vienna
Date FlownJune 2022

"worst airline experience I have had"

Trip Verified | It's 8th days since I hand my family 6 baggages to Austrian Airlines and missing since then. I have been calling every day but they are not willing to provide update. This is the worst airline experience I have had. Austrian Airlines where's our baggage? We have the right to know.
RouteVienna to Chicago