Air France

"no longer giving miles with Economy class"

Trip Verified | Paris CDG to Warsaw , August 16th 2021 Economy class. As Air France is no longer giving miles to it's Skyteam Partners Travelers (I'm Frequent flyer Gold with Aeroflot) with Economy class tickets, but only with Economy Premium tickets - from now on I'll fly Easy Jet within the Schengen area, and other SkyTeam airlines except Air France outside the Schengen area.
RouteParis CDG to Warsaw
Date FlownAugust 2021

"Easyjet's a way better option for intra European travel"

Trip Verified | Still the worst among major European airlines. CDG still cramped and overcrowded despite Covid. Disorganised boarding process with no respect of zones or announcements. Old and tired medium haul cabin. Flight delayed with no explanation. Easyjet's a way better option for intra European travel.
RouteParis to Venice
Date FlownAugust 2021

"forgot a part of the luggage in Paris"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Our flight was delayed for 2 hours, wish I could cope with thought. But after that it went from bad to worse. They firstly announced that they forgot a part of the luggage in Paris, so we had to wait till the next flight to receive them. Every day we hoped for some good news, but we ended up spending our 3 week trip without our cloths and presents we got for our family over there. When the flight back also got delayed 35 mins I was disappointed. Luckily the air attendants were kind during the flight, otherwise it would have been a total nightmare. I really hope they will get our luggage back to us and refund all the clothes and stuff we had to buy, otherwise it will be our last time flying with them.
RouteParis to Yaounde
Date FlownJuly 2021

"the worst travel experience"

Not Verified | This was the worst trip experience I ever had. I first of all kept getting pushed back because my covid result never came on time then, advised me to get a rapid test. My final destination was Douala and they didn't let me get on because, I had a rapid test. They took us to go get the test but, had us wait for an hour just to tell us, it was closed. Since, I had no more boarding pass, I couldn't go upstairs and was with my daughter .. no food and no change in currency. They wanted my daughter and I to sleep there, they didn't even have plugs for our phones. I didn't have food or anything and my daughter was tired and hungry. I became irritated and wanted to call the U.S embassy since I am in the military. The lady then negotiated for me and I got a choice, to take the ticket back to the US. I finally flew back home, lost my voucher, spent money for nothing and they lost two of my luggage. This was the worst travel experience I ever had, including customer service for the most part.
RouteWashington to Douala via Paris
Date FlownJune 2021

"not to trust Travel Docs"

Not Verified | I am writing to warn not to trust Air France's information system called "Travel Docs," which is their version of TIMATIC for checking document requirements. Everything I looked up is wrong. I checked TWOV in AMS, entry into DE & RO and each response was that entry is forbidden. That is simply incorrect. I checked the gold standard TIMATIC and learned that their information is the same that I got from each of those three countries' consulates. It is just shocking that a long-established airline company cannot be trusted to provide accurate information to its passengers. Very discourteous ground staff at LAX - they should hire staff who know how to treat the public with courtesy. Food's not what it used to be, but nothing really is.
RouteLos Angeles to Paris

"every shop was closed\3

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | The worst experience I have had during my international trips. First they canceled my flight and changed it with the flight that departed 10 hours later then initial flight. They did warn me 20 days before the date but what am I supposed to do with my planned vacation? The thing is, that I arrived at 22:40, at the terminal where everything, every shop was closed. So luckily I had snacks and water with me otherwise I don’t know what would I do.
RouteMoscow to Paris
Date FlownJune 2021

"We can't eat vegetarian food"

Trip Verified | My wife and our son had a terrible experience on this flight. Our Screen flight map wasn't working while other seats next to us were working. We were offered only a vegetarian meal while everyone else was offered 2 options: chicken and vegetarian. We can't eat vegetarian food and hence we didn't eat. I escalated this to the manager of the flight attendants and he was rude and condescending. We had over an hour delay in getting our bags because they did not offer the passengers the declaration form for entering Cairo in advance. It was offered by your office at Cairo airport when the flight arrived in Cairo. This caused a huge delay because the passengers had to sit in the airplane to fill those forms. Which caused the bags to be sitting on the belt for pick up and all passengers spent over an hour to get their bags.
RouteChicago to Cairo via Paris
Date FlownMay 2021

"Never had a pleasant flight"

Trip Verified | Been sitting in the aircraft from the moment of boarding. 30 minute delay. Felt like they didn’t have the AC on the whole time. Keep in mind the Dubai weather in May. Upwards of 44 degrees. Very unpleasant. Flew with them before. Never had a pleasant flight. Highly not recommend this airline.
RouteDubai to Paris
Date FlownMay 2021

"very unpleasant experience"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | The COVID measures taken by Air France are unsatisfactory. Ok this was an early morning flight (6am), still at the boarding there is no whatsoever priority or attention given to avoid jamming and crowding of passengers. At the gate all passengers are let into the plane regardless of row number, in one long queue. This had lead to huge jams, waiting and crowding in the plane when people were stowing their luggage into the compartments above the seats. I was sitting at an aisle seat when an elderly couple wanted to sit at a close by row. some other passenger had by mistake taken one of their seat. Then they started to unload their luggage when changing seat, the couple had a large suitcase which did not fit, two fellow passangers stood up to help them - suddenly a huge crowd of people everyone talking and shuffling around for 10-15 minutes until everyone got their seat. During all onboarding process there was no staff to be seen to help in any way, no announcements given that could have instructed passengers. The staff could have spotted the big suitcases and helped to stow them away in the front of the plane. A very unpleasant experience during COVID times, I will avoid this airline going forward.
RouteLondon to Malaga via Paris
Date FlownApril 2021

"rude, unhelpful and arrogant personnel"

Not Verified | Horrible experience. I misconnected at CDG and consequently had to stay in Paris for two days. Air France has not offered me any sort of assistance, no meal vouchers, no courtesy call, no hotel accommodation, no transfer voucher or any compensation whatsoever. When I arrived at my final destination (more than two days later) I found out that my suitcase was also lost by the airline. No compensation for that either, no apologies from the airline. Just saying nothing is their fault. Why did I misconnect? After arriving on stand, the Captain told us that there was no ground staff available to operate the jetbridge. So we had to wait. Only one dispatcher for so many flights - the Captain’s words. We were seated on the aircraft for about 45 minutes. Naturally a lot of people started to panic and complain while still on board, heavy arguments started between crew and passengers regarding who should be re-seated, with swear words flying around. After disembarkation a long run started. Be aware, if you are planning to connect at CDG. Most of the airport is closed/unused. Transfer signs are covered with A4 sheets with handwritten “closed” notes and arrows on them. Staff are blocking routes and re-directing passengers. Only two immigration officers at transfer area, processing several hundred passengers. Only a few security lines open at transfer area, for a huge crowd of people. Buses between terminals run every half an hour and I am not exaggerating. Air France knows you can’t connect in such a short time, because it’s simply impossible. They will still sell you a ticket. Because they don’t care if you misconnect. Please only try to connect at CDG if you have at least 3 hrs to connect! And the worst of all, after misconnecting, together with approximately 40 other passengers, we went back to the ticket desk to seek assistance. We were immediately told there was no compensation, no assistance and no rebooking. Without even checking our tickets. Several passengers were immediately reduced to tears. I have never in my life encountered such rude, unhelpful and arrogant personnel. If you are unfortunate enough and must travel at these uncertain times due to an emergency, please please avoid Air France and CDG airport, or if you can’t, make sure you have at least an extra EUR 500 in your pocket to cover hotel expenses for yourself. And please check what alternatives you have in case you misconnect. Also, having a through ticket, purchased directly from Air France doesn’t really help either if you misconnect, they will tell you it’s not their fault you misconnected, so they are not obligated to look after you. I hope this review is useful to someone out there.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Paris CDG