Air France

"An excellent journey"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | An excellent journey with a hard working and attentive crew. Food was superb and as if out of a kitchen rather than the standard aircraft pre heated meals. Very well prepared with a great selection of drinks. Worth every cent spent. Nice film and music selection. It was a nice trip throughout to destination. My thanks to the crew for their hard work and bringing fun back to flying.
RouteBangkok, to Milan via via Paris
Date FlownApril 2021

"The crew is very nice"

Not Verified | Everything is good, not excellent but not bad. The crew is very nice, but the food could be better. The comfort is ok, the movies are good but they are a lot of French ones so if your not speaking French, your choice will be limited.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteParis CDG to Los Angeles
Date FlownMarch 2021

"waiting for the refund"

(Georgia)

Trip Verified | The worst customer service, waiting for the refund after the cancelation of a refundable ticket, it's been more than 7 months. Every time I call they keep repeating to wait for the email with the issued refund, I am so disappointed with their service.
RouteTbilisi to Paris
Date FlownAugust 2020

"Excellent way to fly between Europe and Brazil"

(Brazil)

Trip Verified | Excellent way to fly between Europe and Brazil. The aircraft is now firmly my favourite, the route between Europe and Sao Paulo is always bumpy, but the A350 seems to be the best at ironing out as much of the turbulence as possible, the previous "best" was the 777-300 but the A350 seems substantially more comfortable in bad weather. Air France uses this aircraft on this route, the cabin appears to be brand new, the screens are really nice. The economy seat is a little hard but no more so than any other economy seat. As Platinum flying blue I am able to choose for free my seat so I was able to peg a seat at the front of economy so I had a) extra legroom and b) I was able to disembark earlier than most which is huge when queues for immigration control are already long enough. Dinner was poor last night, chicken with mash and a mushroom sauce, generally its better, breakfast looked nice, but I do not like eggs (not their fault). Staff on the flight were really good, very supportive to a passenger next to me who was very nervous, came and thanked me as a Platinum member for my custom, its not necessary but still a nice touch. Flight was on time leaving and early arriving, was a really good price with a no catches refund policy which is really great in this pandemic situation. Other than the Chicken and Mash they didn't put a foot wrong.
RouteParis to Sao Paulo
Date FlownMarch 2021

"the worst customer service I have received"

(Spain)

Not Verified | We had four tickets to New York to fly September 2020, it was June and we didn't even know if would fly or not so we decided to cancel it in advance thinking they would return the money as they said they would only charge us with a small amount. Our surprise was when they took 75% of the total amount! They only return 25% of the ticket and didn't even provide a voucher. This was the worst customer service I have received.
RouteMadrid to New York
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"I really suggest you avoid Air France"

Trip Verified | This is the worst company ever! I really suggest you avoid Air France. I booked a ticket for a trip in March 2020 which was canceled due to covid. We are in February 2021 and I still have not got my refund! They are just so rude and arrogant! If you don't want to waste your money, you better chose another company.
RouteBasel to Ho Chi Minh via Amsterdam and Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownMarch 2020

"refused to let my mother board a flight"

Trip Verified | On 10/03 Air France employees refused to let my mother board a flight from Nairobi to Atlanta via Paris. She requested that the employees at the airport to cancel and reimburse the full ticket fee and I also called customer care to help resolve this issue. However, we have not gotten a full refund of my cancel ticket. This airline allowed passengers to purchase airfare tickets three days to travel day with a layover in Paris, France without warning that passengers travelling to America will not be allowed in Europe. Upon arrival at the airport, they refused we board the flight to Atlanta, GA. Customer service was extremely rude, I was on hold for at least 2 hours trying to reschedule my flight or get a refund - none of which happened. If laying over in Pairs, France they will require you to get a mandatory visitor visa.
AircraftMBM4YR
RouteNairobi to Atlanta via Paris

"I was very impressed"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | I was very impressed with the way the Air France staff handled everything, from my departure in Barcelona to landing in Mumbai. We experienced bad luck with the weather, we were going to land in Mumbai before time but there was a storm and we had to divert to Bangalore and refuel before we could head to Mumbai when the weather got better. Overall the experience was so bad, but you could not get frustrated at the airline because they were so understanding and reassuring. While we had an additional 5 hours of just sitting around and waiting, they had to do extra hours of very hard work dealing with frustrated passengers! Just wanted to leave a positive review for how polite the flight attendants were, how much they smiled and looked after me!
RouteBarcelona to Mumbai via Paris

"not allowed on board"

Trip Verified | When buying tickets Istanbul to Cancun via Paris there was a warning about the documents to enter Mexico. In fact, they were not allowed on board, because there was no transit visa. How was I supposed to find out about this? in the end, the money was not returned, no other options were offered, I had to fly with another airline. I understand that this is a problem of the government, and not the airline, but why did I find out about this only when checking in?!
RouteIstanbul to Cancun via Paris
Date FlownOctober 2020

"never fly with Air France again"

Trip Verified | I purchased a ticket from Los Angeles to Tunis with a connecting flight in Paris. The security that allows people to board did not allow me to fly. I presented her with all the documentation needed to fly to enter Tunis. They claimed that I they would not let me fly because I’m American, and these are circumstances of covid 19, and I had to purchase a ticket. I wound up flying to Turkey where I had no problem flying to Tunis. Air France allowed me to fly from Los Angeles to Paris and then did not allow me to fly to Tunis? My ticket to Tunis also had a returning flight back to the US which they canceled. I spoke with the manager in the Paris airport and she told me to figure out how I’m going to get home. Air France also managed to lose my luggage. Up until now I have only gotten one of the two luggage. The entire experience was a complete nightmare I will never fly with Air France again.
RouteLos Angeles to Tunis via Paris