Aeromexico

"Unnecessarily stressful"

(Mexico)

Trip Verified | Chaotic and inefficient check in and boarding. Plane overbooked and they put us on standby but we did make in on the plane after insisting we had to make the flight. Unnecessarily stressful.
RouteMexico City to New York JFK
Date FlownJune 2021

"Aeromexico security said my test was no good"

Not Verified | We were returning from Cancun with a 2 stop flight to Fresno, CA. 1 stop MEX, 2nd in GDL. When we boarded in Cancun Aeromexico security checked my negative covid test that was taken at the hotel and said everything was good. In Mexico City the same answer. But at GDL I was stopped by Aeromexico security who said my test was no good, that I had to go across the street at the parking lot they had a lab. This was no lab. The lab at the hotel is much better and more professional. I stayed at a nice hotel and I just had a family return the day before with the same test and they made it back with no problems. I overheard them saying that they had oversold tickets and we were kicked off. The test was performed by a licensed doctor at the hotel and signed. They made us wait till the next day to board plane and retake the covid test. Everything was fine with customer service up until that point. Airline shouldn't be kicking people off plane cause they over sell, especially when you have all required documents.
RouteGuadalajara to Fresno
Date FlownJune 2021

"Very bad customer service"

(Mexico)

Trip Verified | I have tried to communicate with you very actively and it has not been possible. Very bad customer service! They misled me in a bad way, over selling my seat, they sat me further back and they did not refund my money. In addition, they charged me for my luggage as if I had only had the ticket where you sat me. Traveling alone with a 2-month-old baby I was forced to pay for everything they said and thinking that they would call me to pay for the error, wherever and whenever as your staff at SDQ instructed me. Not only have they not called me, but they don't even answer any of my attempts at communication. I would never recommend your services, I am going to be in charge of telling and making public with evidence this outrage to a client of your "premier club". ES: He intentado comunicarme con ustedes de forma muy activa y no ha sido posible... Muy mal servicio al cliente! Me engañaron de mala manera, sobre vendiendo mi asiento, me sentaron más atrás y no me devolvieron el dinero. A parte me cobraron el equipaje como si hubiera tenido solo el boleto donde ustedes me sentaron... Viajando sola con una bebé de 2 meses me vi obligada a pagar todo lo que decían y pensando que me llamarían a retribuir por el error aborde donde y como su personal en SDQ me ordenó. No sólo que no me han llamado, sino que ni siquiera contestan a ninguno de mis intentos de comunicación. Jamás recomendaría sus servicios, me voy a encargar de contar y hacer público con evidencias este atropello a una cliente de su "club premier"
RouteSanto Domingo to Mexico City
Date FlownJune 2021

"nothing has been done to fix this mistake"

Not Verified | I had booked a flight with Aeromexico back in December and I wanted to leave my tickets open and was told to just make sure I booked my flight by the end of the year 2021. I had called in multiple times to book my flight since we had decided on a date and was denied this request. They stated to me I had to wait 10 days for a response from their customer service to be able to change the tickets. I waited the 10 days like I was told I even gave it an extra 2 days to wait. Called again like I was told to do and was told it would take 20 days now to get this resolved. I was told by 4 different representatives it would take 10 then all of the sudden by one it change to 20 days. This is ridiculous and still nothing has been done to fix this mistake.
RouteDetroit to Queretaro
Date FlownDecember 2020

"First and last time I fly with them"

Not Verified | I purchased several airline tickets to fly with the family for vacation. I needed to make a change. And no it wasn't a last minute thing. I did with 2 months prior to departure. They have the worst customer service. First to get someone to answer your call as I tried several days and no one answers the phone good luck. Its like playing the lottery with them. And then after the 4th day ( my lucky day because they answered) after one hour of waiting. They can't make my change they said. And if I choose for them to make the change then I would incur additional fees of $900. Are you kidding me. They are obviously not making the money because of all the upset customers they have. That they are trying to make money with any fees they can implement. terrible. First and last time I fly with them.
RouteCiudad Juarez to Mexico City
Date FlownJune 2021

"tells me my reservations don’t exist"

Trip Verified | I purchased a round trip, needed to come back sooner then anticipated they for some reason couldn’t switch the dates so I lost that money. Fine so then I booked a flight for three to come back home they took my money it went through it was taken out of my bank acct up until today which is May 22 and I still haven’t received it back. When I get to the airport with two minors Aeromexico tells me my reservations don’t exist, yet they grabbed my money and I got stuck in Guadalajara with two kids. I will never fly with Aeromexico again. Nor will I recommend anyone to that airline. I’ve had problems with them since the flights were booked. I spent over $3500 dollars this April just with this airline. I was able to fly back after purchasing $1600 worth in tickets with another airline.
RouteFresno to Guadalajara
Date FlownApril 2021

"won’t give any credits or refund"

Not Verified | I called Customer Service to cancel My flight that was departing to Mexico City early next day. I explained that I won't be able to make the flight since that day at my office one of the employees was tested positive and I was in close contact with him. The agent had 0 customer service he was helpless and told me that I won’t get any refund or future credit and told me go write an email and explain them they will answer you in few days but I won’t help you. After I wrote the email explaining everything I received a Standard email response that I think it’s an Automatic response that they just to everyone without even bothering to read the circumstances stating that they won’t give any credits or refund and they hope to see me travel with them again.
RouteHouston to Mexico City
Date FlownMay 2021

"Please do yourself a favor and choose another airline!"

Trip Verified | This is by far the worst airline I have ever flown on. Horrible customer service. I do not know how this airline is in business. Just try and call them, even their phones contacts can't help you and have hang up on you no matter how nice you are trying to be. Try sending them an email using the email on their website - it doesn't work! Warning - do not miss your connecting flight! Had to re-purchase my connecting flight from Mexico City to Mazatan which cancelled all my tickets for my return flight home 2 days later. Please read all the other reviews before using this airline. Please do yourself a favor and choose another airline!
RouteLos Angeles to Matzalan
Date FlownMay 2021

"worst airline I've ever had to deal with"

Not Verified | There was one flight out of Utila on CMAirlines and one flight out of Honduras on Aeromexico. I had an hour before my flight and they refused to board me. They wasted an hour when they could have just put me through security and gotten me to the gate on time. The woman at the Aeromexico desk said "I'm sorry this desk is closed" and walked away without even trying to book me onto the next flight. I ended up booking a flight on United and lost the $1000 I spent on my Aeromexico flight. Aeromexico is the worst airline I've ever had to deal with and I will never fly with them again. I've tried calling their customer service lines and I have never once reached a human. Don't ever fly on Aeromexico.
RouteSan Pedro Sula to Los Angeles via Mexico City
Date FlownMay 2021

"phone number that no one answers"

(Mexico)

Trip Verified | Just to start off, they're customer service is you calling a phone number that no one answers. Now to the actual flight, they made me miss my layover they basically told me to buy a ticket for twice as much or to not take my luggage. The supervisor wouldn't even listen, and told me to go straight to buy another ticket. Another couple had the same issue, but they booked through another airline, and were able to not only get not only a reschedule but also their hotel room for the night. I went to another airline, and they gave me better options and very quick help, and it only took them 5 minutes. My only regret is having to wait for more than two hours for Aeromexico's customer service and not getting a flight the same day with the other airline.
RouteLos Cabos to Cancun