Paris CDG Airport

Paris CDG Airport customer review

The most challenging part of this airport are the shuttles from the hotels in the area. They are overcrowded and are very slow. Leave over 1hr for this. Then the airport lines are inefficient and the terminals are confusing. A hard airport to navigate and leave 3 hrs for international flights.

Paris CDG Airport customer review

Although some parts of Terminal 2 look fairly new some areas (toilets) are shamefully dirty and/or broken. Moreover the staff in most food shops are incredibly slow and rude. Public transport by train (RER) is too often running late or not running at all dirty and inconvenient for travellers with big bags. This airport is a shame for France.

Paris CDG Airport customer review

GVA-CDG-JFK return. My experience in this airport was just awesome: everything worked just smoothly. On the way to New York I had 2.5 hrs connection time (as based on previous reviews I was expecting the worst). That allowed me exploring the terminals 2F ad 2E and I could discover magnificent architecture excellent service nice ground staff and a wide variety of shops. On the way back the flight from JFK was delayed of 2 hrs: because of this fact I just had 50 mins connection time to get from the satellite of terminal 2E to 2F. And I had no problem at all: no queues at immigration fast security control and they managed to efficiently transfer my baggage to the flight to Geneva. For sure I will choose again CDG for my transfer flights to Northern America!

Paris CDG Airport customer review

Relatively pleasant and well maintained buildings in the main especially the newer T2 buildings - one issue with it being so spread out is the huge distances you will have to walk to get anywhere. This makes navigating through the airport very tedious and in general there are few "good" places such as bars/restaurants to spend time in mainly just cafes or food courts. But there's plenty of space for sure. The main issue though is the total incompetence of their security set up. It seems that being officious is more important than employing common sense in their checks and for my line of only 10-15 people it took over 30 mins to process - yes 30 mins. Any bag checking resulted in the whole scanning operation stopping whilst they checked the one bag and pointed animatedly at the screen until they uncovered yes a Razor. This happened twice. I travel through many airports and had I not nearly missed my flight because of their ridiculous working methods it would have been laughable how inefficient they were. My usual airport is LHR so you can understand I'm used to queuing etc but personally I would never use CDG if possible - it's simply too maddening.

(Japan)

Departure from Terminal 2B on Air France. Relative few people in the terminal. Distance from train station is relatively long which is a well-known problem at CDG. Terminal was generally cleaner than what I saw during multiple previous experience at CDG. Signage extremely confusing - worst experience of any airport; as a result of poor signage walked additional 150-200 metres and back to my gate area. Staff at checkin generally friendly. Arrival to Terminal 2B on Austrian 2 days later: morning arrival at peak hour. The layout with same-floor arrival/departure is fine when there are no or few passengers; it becomes a disaster during an mix of arriving/departing flights. Arriving passengers had to fight his way through departing ones in the hall and vice versa. Poor signage makes things worse. Huge queuing at the train station to buy tickets with several machines out of order and nobody to help those who are not familiar with the system. Overall I would prefer not to use CDG if possible.

Paris CDG Airport customer review

Travelling to Hong Kong via this airport was disappointing. With three hours between flights we looked forward to having dinner in Paris albeit the airport only to be disappointed at the lack of places to eat in Terminal 2. No French restaurant just one eating place where you had to microwave your own food!

Paris CDG Airport customer review

Paris CDG Terminal 1 must be one of the most depressing airports I have been in. Grey concrete no ceilings dirty and scruffy. The shopping is poor limited choice and expensive very few outlets for eating/drinking and not cheap! You almost need a GPS to navigate your way around the signs are very confusing. Unfortunately as I live in France I have to use this airport and I feel ashamed that it is one of the first experiences tourists have of the beautiful country!

(Brazil)

I had quite a decent experience flying out of T1. Smooth arrival by RER and transfer by shuttle train to T1. Check-in was quick security even quicker (and I've experienced otherwise in CDG!) The only downside was the lack of food options which is limited before security and severely limited after.

Paris CDG Airport customer review

Arrived on BA fron LHR at Terminal 2A. Despite numerous air bridges being available we were parked in a remote stand and bussed to terminal. Swiftly through immigration though. On the return long chaotic walk from the RER station to Terminal 2A. Security was quite chaotic as you enter it just as you leave immigration and it gets very busy. Not a great deal of room to move around once airside and when it is sunny it can be very unpleasant.

Paris CDG Airport customer review

I often waited quite long for my luggage but cleanliness queuing times were than fair. I found the people who work there if not very friendly very polite. My connection between my flights from Berlin to Bangkok was smooth no waiting and terminal F an architectural beauty.