Paris CDG Airport

"2.5 hours to get to the gate"

(Denmark)

Not Verified | Arrived from HCMC for a transit towards Copenhagen (CPH). We couldn't check in and got boarding passes for our flight to CPH online and we didn't come by any counter in the airport on our way to the departure gate. We asked information personnel on how to get our boarding passes and they had no clue. Their advice was that we should go to the gate and try our luck there, thus passing security (who allowed us to pass without boarding passes) for the 2nd time only to be advised by another staff member to exit the airport to get the boarding passes. All in all it took us 2.5 hours to get to the gate with boarding passes from our arrival flight and we passed security 3 times. Worst experience. Ridiculous procedures and infrastructure combined with incompetent personnel beyond imagination. Make sure you have enough time to connect your flights if you travel through CDG!
Date VisitJanuary 2018

"interactions with airport staff were terrible"

(Argentina)

Not Verified | Absolutely all my interactions with airport staff were terrible. The woman on security was asking me things in French, I told her I didn't understand and she kept talking in French to me the whole time. Since it was my first time at that airport I needed help to find my gate, the lady at the counter was really rude, didn't even look at me. I went to three different shops and to Starbucks, where a store clerk even mocked me, and again no one talked to me in any other language that wasn't French. Usually this wouldn't bother me at all as I am the foreigner but that is an airport, everyone speaks more than one language. I'm not the kind of person that takes the time to write a bad review but my time there was honestly awful. Overall service at CDG felt disrespectful. I won't travel through this airport again.
Date VisitOctober 2017

"staff were as unhelpful as you can imagine"

Not Verified | We were flying to visit my partners relatives in Spain for Christmas and made the mistake of taking the option to transit through CDG Paris on the way to Madrid from Australia. Not only were our bags lost in CDG on both the 1st and return legs of our flights but the whole experience of trying to navigate the confusing mess that is CDG, is one of the worst airport transit experiences I have ever had, and I used to live in the Philippines in the late 90s when Ninoy Aquino airport was at its worst. The airport may have good shopping and food, but unless you have more than 3-4 hours to transit this is something that you will not get to experience. We had 2 hours to transit between flights, and both times we were left sprinting between the airport and only just made the plane as the gates were closing. The staff were as unhelpful as you can imagine, we asked for some sort of assistance to try make our flight and the only person who was willing to even point us in the right direction was a member of the duty free shopping team who was selling perfume. I will make sure that I avoid this airport at all cost in the future, the extreme stress it places on your travel is just not worth it!
Date VisitJanuary 2018

"no disabled assistance on disembarking"

Trip Verified | I am a disabled passenger requiring assistance, this was requested at booking and verified 48 hours before travel. The plane landed on the apron and all passengers were directed to busses to take us to the terminal, no disabled assistance on disembarking or at the terminal was available. This resulted in missing my onward flight and a 10 hour delay on reaching my destination. No customer service existed either during this ordeal or afterward. When I contacted the airport they just claimed the assistance was there (must have been invisible). This experience caused pain and stress to myself and other disabled passengers on the flight. I would strongly advise anyone, not just disabled people, to avoid this airport as much as possible.
Date VisitJune 2017

"the directions are not so clear"

(Spain)

Not Verified | I departed at 2F terminal of CDG airport. The airport itself is quite big but the directions are not so clear that it took us some time to find the way. The interior of the terminal is quite nice and the shopping/restaurant options are good as well. I would like to try its non-schengen terminals in the future!
Date VisitJanuary 2018

"becomes more and more disappointing"

Trip Verified | Every year CDG becomes more and more disappointing. Extremely rude and unelpful staff, if you need help you'll have to wait for them to stop gossiping between each other or to stop being on their cellphone. Once they acknowledge your presence, please be ready for their inefficacy, the fact that most don't or won't speak english (and most likely will make fun of you not understanding French). If you need assistance such as accessibly for your wheelchair, beware most of their elevators are out of service. If you're thirsty because your flight is delayed and you want to buy yourself a bottle of water at a vending machine, don't bother trying. You're going to spend a few euros and the drink will never comes because their machines don't work properly. And if you dare asking an employee about it, they will tell you that they know and that's the reason they never buy anything from the vending machine. And will tell you to quick the machine couple of times and if it doesn't work just to try again spending more money. I think what makes CDG one of the worst airport is mostly their rude, unhelpful employees.
Date VisitDecember 2017

"can't say enough terrible things"

Trip Verified | I can't say enough terrible things about this awful place. We landed here with 2 hrs 45 mins until our next flight. More than enough, right? Guess again. We landed in a field in the middle of nowhere, and were put on a bus. Apparently there were only a few buses, so all 350+ people on our massive aircraft for an intercontinental flight were offloaded ~20 at a time. It took over 30 minutes just to get on a bus. Next, we drive for 6 minutes only to merge in a traffic jam inside the airport. I could've walked to the terminal from there in 15 minutes, but we were forced to sit inside the bus for the next hour moving a few meters every minute until we were finally at the terminal entrance. There, we saw that we had to go through customs again, and the line was literally snaked around the terminal building. There wasn't an airport person in sight to manage anything, so there were plenty of rude/stupid people who cut in line. What are you going to do? Scream at them and be removed from the airport? Over 3 hours later, we were finally at our departure gate. Thank god our plane was delayed or we would've missed our second intercontinental flight. Our way back was no better. Our incoming flight was delayed, and while we didn't have to offload into a bus in a field somewhere this time, we did have to go through customs again. At the place where you put your stuff into a bin onto the belt, there was an extremely rude guy barking at people. When I told him I didn't appreciate being barked at, he purposely moved my wife's bin into the "extra check required" lane and we ended up waiting 30 minutes for her bag to be checked. The people at the end of that lane were equally as bad, with the bags just sitting there (!) while they nothing. One lady was about to miss her flight and was pleading with them to just grab her bag and check it, but they ignored her and just laughed. On to the shops. You know how in the US, if you're standing in a shop, someone will smile at you and welcome you? How if you are standing in front of something that someone needs, they will smile and say "sorry, could you please move just a bit for me" or something like that? Well, not here. Shop personnel will ignore you. They will literally invade your personal space to place an item on a shelf behind you. I guess asking "excuse me please" is too much to ask, eh? Do not fly through this third world dump. There's nothing here but arrogant staff, who somehow think their incompetent and pathetic airport is world-class and gives them the power to belittle you.
Date VisitDecember 2017

"Too crowded, not enough staff"

Trip Verified | Too crowded, not enough staff to manage the number of travelers, only 2 immigration officers manning the long line of Air France Elite, it took 75 minutes from arrival to gate, despite that we had access to the Preferred Elite lines. Another bad experience at CDG was taking the bus at 0 degrees to board a 777, bus kept stopping and going very rough.
Date VisitDecember 2017

"chaos is beyond description"

Trip Verified | CDG is definitely the worst major European airport. Departures is done using self check in. The chaos is beyond description. This amid, the "who cares" attitude of the Air France ground staff. Lucky we transited via AMS so immigration queue. The choicee of food afterwards is ridiculous. Nothing to eat and overpriced! The terminal is mostly occupied by luxury goods stores or shops selling macaroons, come on! Upon return, insane queue at the immigration. Nothing changes at all at CDG. Nothing is being done to adress any issue, this is the same mess as ever. Avoid any transit at CDG and prefer Schipol!
Date VisitNovember 2017

"Avoid at all costs"

Trip Verified | This airport remains the worst in the civilized world. I have flown thru here countless times since 1999. I travel often between the US and Europe, and for years was a loyal Delta frequent flier, achieving their highest medallion status multiple years. I have that up and started over with United, primarily because most of DL's flights route thru CDG. The designer, Paul Andreu, could not design his way out of a small cardboard box. You need a minimum of 1 hr to connect between terminals. I've missed flights even with that margin. Avoid at all costs.