Paris CDG Airport

"Overall, an awful airport"

Not Verified | This airport is possibly the worst I have ever travelled through. Rude staff, 1.5 hour check-in queues (even if it was Good Friday, they could have opened more counters!). They didn’t open more until 15 minutes before check-in was meant to close. When we finally did get through, we had to take a transit to our gate area, then walk for a long time to our gate. However, as soon as we arrived at our gate, they changed the gate to the other side of the gate area! When we arrived at the other end, they’d lost our bags! Overall, an awful airport.

"nice, clean, friendly"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Nice, clean, friendly. However: The security guy at the Air France baggage control not good. He asked me to control the size of my hand bag while the others have bigger but he didn't stop them. In the toilet, there is a machine selling a toothbrush but when I put the money in, nothing came out for me. I had to call the service and waited for nearly 30 minutes. Besides these uncomfortable things, I very appreciate the airport staff, especially the receptionist at the Air France desk.
Date VisitApril 2018

"efficient airport experience"

Trip Verified | Arrived Paris/CDG terminal 2E on 28th March, departed same terminal 3rd April. This was my first trip to Paris in 18 years and I was fully prepared for a horror show, having read the reviews here - but the actual trip turned out quite differently. Bag drop was quick, security took only about 3min, plenty of seating was available, and the terminal was quite clean (including the rest rooms); passport control had a moderate queue but it moved quickly. Only real criticism I could make is that the place really could use some more places to eat and drink post-security. It's not perfect (what airport is?) but on these showings CDG provided an efficient airport experience.
Date VisitApril 2018

"airport is a disgrace"

(Russian Federation)

Not Verified | Needed 3 hrs and 45 minutes at CDG and at a normal Wednesday plus out of peak season to change the aircrafts arriving from Sao Paulo Brazil and departing to St. Petersburg Russia. I do have a problem with walking and standing at my age, I'm 68. None of the staff cares or offers help for the disabled, pregnant, or children respectively. Because I am fluent in French but disguised it I could understand the staff hanging around there making jokes about the poor passengers queueing up endlessly. That French main airport is a disgrace for the civilized world I must say. Besides the queues, the food offered is an overprized and lousy trash, the beer is warm, the service is not interested in you at all. Avoid that airport in all circumstances.
Date VisitMarch 2018

"never seen anything worse than CDG"

(Lebanon)

Trip Verified | As usual CDG ruins our lives, hundreds of people waiting in line at terminal 2E gate M for the security check yet only 1 out of 7 doors are working for no reason whatsoever. The staff are not even aware that people are missing their flights by the second. I have never lived a positive experience in this failed airport. I’m booked on an Air France transit so they should know that it’s impossible for me to make it on time without begging people to let me pass through, that and I’m lucky because my first flight from BES to CDG actually landed 20 minutes earlier, if not I would have lost my job in BEY. 1 staff member serving hundreds of angry passengers, 8 doors available. That’s CDG every time and I travel like twice a month at least due to my job. I’ve never seen anything worse than CDG.
Date VisitMarch 2018

"amazed at how poor the security appears"

Not Verified | I have been in Paris this week on business and my husband joined me for a couple of days. At the moment I am a weekly visitor to the airport and always amazed at how poor the security appears to be compared to Manchester, England. Yesterday my husband went to travel home and between the two of us we got our passports mixed up. Our fault of course and as soon as I notice this I immediately phoned my husband to let him know there was a problem. He was unaware and was sat at the gate happy the experience at the airport had been so easy. So in simple terms he had managed to get through two tiers of security, one being passport control, with the passport of his wife. Shocking how could that happen. He ended up flanked by two policemen demanding how it had happened. Think they were asking the wrong person. Disgraceful CDG - sort yourself out.
Date VisitMarch 2018

" most unnavigable airport"

(Falkland Islands)

Not Verified | The most unnavigable airport, we followed signs that led to a closed shutter. We then asked the most unfriendly person (aka airport employee 1) for directions, no answer was received apart from a wave of the hand to shoo us away. Finally we found the way only to travel once around the entirety of the airport back to where we started (or 50 m from there). The fun continued when greeted by the ticket checking monkeys (aka airport employees 2 and 3) at terminal 2G who were routinely harrassing all women and rude to them going through. Finally after being called some very rude names in french we were let through.
Date VisitJanuary 2018

"Signage a little confusing"

Not Verified | Signage a little confusing but eventually we found the right gate. Security wait time in the priority queue was longer than I would have expected but there were a lot of people who appeared clueless with regards getting ready for the security screening - you can't blame the airport for passengers.
Date VisitFebruary 2018

"very impressed"

(Denmark)

Not Verified | I was very impressed with Paris Charles de Gaulle airport, mostly because they really helped me through my journey. I had a very stressful experience in the previous stopover in CPH (Denmark). Had problems with my suitcase and my flight ticket. I was 16 of age, when I made this trip headed towards Vietnam. People at the help desks in most airports don't take the time or have the respect to actually help and it felt like nobody had the interest in helping me. Charles de Gaulle's information services helped me through the process of getting all my details clear about my journey. They drew a map over the different terminals and gates and directed me to my next gate. I was so happy with their service and I am planning to have a transit stop there again. I would definitely recommend using Charles de Gaulle as a priority airport and will definitely rather travel through CDG airport than any other.
Date VisitJuly 2017

"disappointed by staff"

Not Verified | Absolutely disappointed by the staff. Terrible customer service. Staff is rude and talking in a very disrespectful and agressive manner. Not able to answer questions and when asked if he speaks English starting to have rude manners and keep talking aggressively saying that he doesn't speak English but than when asked the 3 time was able to answer in English. Terribly rude.