Paris CDG Airport

"it’s just too much for many"

Trip Verified | I’ve travelled through CDG 3 times that I can remember in the past couple of years. Each has been totally awful from queues, lost baggage, lack of facilities, dirty toilets. I truly do not understand how a major airport can be so badly operated. Most recently I’ve just used the airport for a family trip to Disneyland Paris. Printing checkin and boarding passes at the airport is a nightmare - the machines are slow and the queue is very awkward - you’re in everyone’s way whilst you wait then can’t move out of the way once you’re done. Then you go through another queue to drop your bags. Then about 1hr queue for passport control. Then about 20min for bag scanning. There were people fainting in the queue from exhaustion we were there so long. I’m glad our kids were reasonably well behaved but it’s just too much for many. Then in terminal 2E the floor with all the bars and restaurants is actually just one small Starbucks. Asking an official I was told there is also Pret downstairs. Great, two places. On my previous trip the gate was changed last minute - to the opposite side of the trerminal. This happened to 3 other unlucky planes whilst we waited at our gate (about 15-20min) alone! The organisation of the place is terrible - the signage is awful and there’s hardly any lifts (and when you get one they’re tiny). Do what you can to avoid - it won’t be a pleasant experience.
Date VisitFebruary 2018

"I am still waiting on my bags"

Trip Verified | Its been 11 days now and I am still waiting on my bags - 11 days of bags sitting in CDG. What is even crazier to me is that CDG located my bags 5 days ago and can't seem to get them placed on a flight. What is worse is that Air France wants to route them to my original destination when I already informed Air France a week ago that I am no longer in NIM and would like these bags forwarded to EBB. Both of these bags have highly visible CREW TAGS attached. Its unbelievable that in this day that Air France still does not have bag tag scanners so you can determine where your bags are at any particular time. Instead, Air France wants customers to call the 1-800 "help" number and wait 30 minutes on hold just to get an update on their baggage.
Date VisitFebruary 2018

"They lack customer service"

Not Verified | Very rude, inefficent and ineffective. I would attach my e-ticket, except after flying for 8 hours, my transfer from ATL to CDG to BLQ can't be found in the system, so I have to wait in line to speak with a rep for almost 3 hours! Long line and no one cones out to explain what's going on, offer water, nothing. 4 kiosks available at line, and none of them work. They tell you to go stand in line, this would be funny if it wasn't true! They lack customer service, but certainly live up to reputation!
Date VisitFebruary 2018

"Long waiting for hand baggage clearance"

Not Verified | Long waiting for hand baggage clearance. I have to use 3 bus transfers for one single transit. Staff are very rude. I couldn't catch the next flight on time due to slow clearance. If you want to use transit it needs a minimum of 5 hours, otherwise you will definitely miss the flight. First of all avoid this airport. For older people don't book, they said no wheelchair availability.
Date VisitJanuary 2018

"2.5 hours to get to the gate"

(Denmark)

Not Verified | Arrived from HCMC for a transit towards Copenhagen (CPH). We couldn't check in and got boarding passes for our flight to CPH online and we didn't come by any counter in the airport on our way to the departure gate. We asked information personnel on how to get our boarding passes and they had no clue. Their advice was that we should go to the gate and try our luck there, thus passing security (who allowed us to pass without boarding passes) for the 2nd time only to be advised by another staff member to exit the airport to get the boarding passes. All in all it took us 2.5 hours to get to the gate with boarding passes from our arrival flight and we passed security 3 times. Worst experience. Ridiculous procedures and infrastructure combined with incompetent personnel beyond imagination. Make sure you have enough time to connect your flights if you travel through CDG!
Date VisitJanuary 2018

"interactions with airport staff were terrible"

(Argentina)

Not Verified | Absolutely all my interactions with airport staff were terrible. The woman on security was asking me things in French, I told her I didn't understand and she kept talking in French to me the whole time. Since it was my first time at that airport I needed help to find my gate, the lady at the counter was really rude, didn't even look at me. I went to three different shops and to Starbucks, where a store clerk even mocked me, and again no one talked to me in any other language that wasn't French. Usually this wouldn't bother me at all as I am the foreigner but that is an airport, everyone speaks more than one language. I'm not the kind of person that takes the time to write a bad review but my time there was honestly awful. Overall service at CDG felt disrespectful. I won't travel through this airport again.
Date VisitOctober 2017

"staff were as unhelpful as you can imagine"

Not Verified | We were flying to visit my partners relatives in Spain for Christmas and made the mistake of taking the option to transit through CDG Paris on the way to Madrid from Australia. Not only were our bags lost in CDG on both the 1st and return legs of our flights but the whole experience of trying to navigate the confusing mess that is CDG, is one of the worst airport transit experiences I have ever had, and I used to live in the Philippines in the late 90s when Ninoy Aquino airport was at its worst. The airport may have good shopping and food, but unless you have more than 3-4 hours to transit this is something that you will not get to experience. We had 2 hours to transit between flights, and both times we were left sprinting between the airport and only just made the plane as the gates were closing. The staff were as unhelpful as you can imagine, we asked for some sort of assistance to try make our flight and the only person who was willing to even point us in the right direction was a member of the duty free shopping team who was selling perfume. I will make sure that I avoid this airport at all cost in the future, the extreme stress it places on your travel is just not worth it!
Date VisitJanuary 2018

"no disabled assistance on disembarking"

Trip Verified | I am a disabled passenger requiring assistance, this was requested at booking and verified 48 hours before travel. The plane landed on the apron and all passengers were directed to busses to take us to the terminal, no disabled assistance on disembarking or at the terminal was available. This resulted in missing my onward flight and a 10 hour delay on reaching my destination. No customer service existed either during this ordeal or afterward. When I contacted the airport they just claimed the assistance was there (must have been invisible). This experience caused pain and stress to myself and other disabled passengers on the flight. I would strongly advise anyone, not just disabled people, to avoid this airport as much as possible.
Date VisitJune 2017

"the directions are not so clear"

(Spain)

Not Verified | I departed at 2F terminal of CDG airport. The airport itself is quite big but the directions are not so clear that it took us some time to find the way. The interior of the terminal is quite nice and the shopping/restaurant options are good as well. I would like to try its non-schengen terminals in the future!
Date VisitJanuary 2018

"becomes more and more disappointing"

Trip Verified | Every year CDG becomes more and more disappointing. Extremely rude and unelpful staff, if you need help you'll have to wait for them to stop gossiping between each other or to stop being on their cellphone. Once they acknowledge your presence, please be ready for their inefficacy, the fact that most don't or won't speak english (and most likely will make fun of you not understanding French). If you need assistance such as accessibly for your wheelchair, beware most of their elevators are out of service. If you're thirsty because your flight is delayed and you want to buy yourself a bottle of water at a vending machine, don't bother trying. You're going to spend a few euros and the drink will never comes because their machines don't work properly. And if you dare asking an employee about it, they will tell you that they know and that's the reason they never buy anything from the vending machine. And will tell you to quick the machine couple of times and if it doesn't work just to try again spending more money. I think what makes CDG one of the worst airport is mostly their rude, unhelpful employees.
Date VisitDecember 2017