Paris CDG Airport

"immigration police a nightmare"

(New Zealand)

Verified Review | I thought I had the worst arrival experience ever but reading other reviews it appears I was treated relatively well. Massively long walk from M gates of Terminal 2E. Signage was adequate. Immigration police were a nightmare. Lines were 100m+. I joined the 1 access line. This was moving even more slowly than the regular line. 2 booths for EU were completely empty. By chance I was directed there. The staff working there did not even acknowledge my existence, in fact she did not even break off from the fatuous conversation with her mate. Signs to baggage were, at best, confusing. After my bag arrived, moving through the final check, some people were randomly stopped - fortunately I wasn't. Trek to TGV station was long. Signage started well, but petered out and then it was "folliow-your-nose". I am not looking forward to my departure. I think I might try arriving at AMS in future. Total time from gate to TGV - 100 minutes when it should take about 20. Shameful!
Date VisitOctober 2017

"signage was poor overall"

Unverified | CDG is just too big for the average traveler using it to connect to another flight. We arrived in the American Airlines terminal and were shocked to see it was a 35 minute walk to our connecting flight on Air France. The signage was poor overall, and the scarce number of bathrooms made for a bad experience. We literally walked 15 minutes through the terminal before catching a bus with another 10 minute ride barely making our flight back home. I can't understand how Air France domestic and international terminals can be on the opposite side, as far as possible from each other. We drew more bad luck arriving and departing from the furthest gates in both terminals. The CDG authorities need to demolish the old and used terminals and consolidate remote operations closer together. I will not be back, it was much to stressful rushing like a maniac through this huge airport.
Date VisitAugust 2017

"horrible transit experience"

(China)

Unverified | Horrible transit experience - I arrived at 9:15am in the morning from Belgrade in transit to Beijing. The shuttle bus was confusing and the staff weren't helpful as they barely spoke any English. After I got to Terminal 1, there were nobody at the transit counter. I asked 3 people where I can print my boarding pass as Air Serbia weren't able to print an Air China boarding pass at Belgrade. Nobody was able to answer my question nor were they able to tell me where to find the airline's counter or staff. So I proceeded to the gate, and found Air China's counter. It was 11:50am. I asked the staff about my boarding pass, and they told me to come back in an hour as they were staff for another flight. I came back at 12:50 and asked about my boarding pass again, only to find that the flight was oversold and I couldn't get a seat because I hadn't checked in yet. Thus I were not able to get on a 2:10pm flight to Beijing. I got in CDG at 9:15am, and had all the time to check in for a 2:10pm flight - unfortunately Paris CDG was such a transit unfriendly airport and the staff were helpful at all. I travel quite often and never had such an unpleasant transit experience. Very disappointing!
Date VisitOctober 2017

"2 hours to get thru customs"

Unverified | Got off the plane (Air France) from Atlanta Georgia on a 7.5 hr flight, only took a bit over 2 hours to get thru customs! Seriously? The airport cannot handle the tourism entering France? Embarrassing for France to say the least! The lines behind us were just getting longer as the time went by. Now I know what cattle go thru!
Date VisitOctober 2017

"This can be better and needs to be fixed"

Unverified | I have never experienced such inefficiencies as I recently experienced at Paris airport. I arrived at 8am from a flight from Dusseldorf and was in line for my flight to Chicago at 8.15am. I was first told I needed to leave the 30 min line I had already stood in and come back in 40 min. I explained I would like to do some shopping and get food so would like to go in early. The attendant begrudgingly allowed me and my family to proceed. After 3 hours of waiting in line and talking to multiple attendants it was 11.10am and I still had not dropped off my bags and my flight boarded at 11.20. After running to the fifth line of the day for a third passport check I was assured that because of the inefficiencies of the airport my flight would be delayed because several other passengers were in the same position as myself. I was repeatedly denied using the express lane though I was 30 min from departure at this point. I then proceeded to security where my antique paintings were opened only to be swabbed with a small cloth and tested. This could easily have been done with a small hole. I then ran through the airport, multiple antique paintings in hand, to be one of the last people on my flight. I have extensively traveled and traveled through Paris airport before and have never experienced this. This can be better and needs to be fixed. My family are now refusing to go through Paris airport at all. I love the city dearly but this is ridiculous.
Date VisitOctober 2017

"customs process was excruciating"

Verified Review | The customs process was excruciating. Lines were very long with little guidance to help travelers find the right line. We had access 1 but it took 10 minutes to find the access 1 line and another 70 minutes to clear customs. Under 20% of the customs booths were open. I suspect the regular line for non French, non EU residents approached three hours. If tourism matters, that is a good way to make a lousy first impression.

"unacceptable situation"

Verified Review | Have been traveling yearly to Paris for the past decade have never experienced the unacceptable situation I found clearing customs this year. The unorganized and chaotic process took over 3 hours with no information for the first two hours only then to be greeted by a sign saying the wait would be 60 minutes. This is not acceptable and not good for visitors to this beautiful and does not bode well for the Olympics down the road.

"modern, spacious, clean"

Unverified | It was just a transit for us through the international zone so we didn't have to go through the passport control, but the transit experience was very positive, everything was smooth and easy. The incoming flight arrived on time, the connecting flight was delayed a bit but arrived at the destination airport on time. There were no lineups at the security checks, the boarding process was very efficient, the gate had automatic boarding pass readers. There was some renovation going on at the terminal (2E) but in general it felt like a modern, spacious, clean terminal with great shopping!
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"Today it is just one big disappointment"

(Austria)

Unverified | Long line at border crossing, no priority treatment for EU citizens (there is a line for EU but was merged with others prior to passport verification). Limited choice of restaurants. Repeated checks which made roaming around terminals to look for alternatives at other terminals hard/impossible. Long lines at bus to bring you to other terminals. I have frequently been going through CDG for 15 years and used to enjoy it. Today it is just one big disappointment.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"the worst of the worst"

Verified Review | To say going through passport control was one of the worst experiences of my life was an understatement. It was like being in a crowd waiting to get into a football match and the crowd was moving at a snails pace. It took 2.5 hours to get through passport control because of a lack of organisation on the part of the French and a lack of immigration officers. Old people, disabled people and young children were all made to wait in the queue with no one to help or advise on progress. One man who said he had visited nearly all major airports in the world said of Paris CDG that it is the 'worst of the worst' and I agree with him. When I eventually got through passport control my train had left and I had to buy another ticket. I asked Paris CDG what I could do about this loss of money and their reply was nothing it is just the way it is here. What an attitude, I will avoid Paris CDG like the plague in future and tell everyone I know to do the same.