Paris CDG Airport

"no longer had wheelchair assistance"

Not Verified | I was transported by wheelchair to Gate M44 for flight AF688 on June 19, 2018. I was left in a regular seat and the wheelchair was taken away by the man that had taken me to Gate M44. Flight #AF688 was delayed 2 hours and at one point I had to go to the bathroom. I no longer had wheelchair assistance at that point. A wheelchair attendant with an empty wheelchair was passing me and I asked for his assistance to get to and from the bathroom, which was about 45 meters away from where I was sitting. He refused, saying I was not on his little hand held computer screen and that he was looking for a different passenger (he was still wandering around with an empty wheelchair for at least 30 minutes after his and my confrontation). I told him that I was close to having to urinate right there in the passenger waiting area and his response was "it is not my problem". When asked, he also refused my request to call a supervisor. Providing wheelchairs to handicapped people is a form of customer service, but if you are more worried about people stealing your wheelchairs or if you don't have enough of them, then discontinue that service altogether at Charles de Gaulle and send all the extra wheelchairs to the Orly airport so that they can properly serve the needs of handicapped travelers.

"a dismal experience"

Trip Verified | Once again, a dismal experience at CDG. Terrible self check in with several broken down machines and no help to be seen. It was lucky I know this dreadful airport so well and had planned to arrive at least 3 hours before the flight. Long queue for immigration. The security scan was efficient, for once. Past the scan, extremely poor choice of food, well only one choice indeed; a sandwich and water. No other food court. Terminal F is airy and well lit and quite quiet, so the wait for the plane was peaceful.
Date VisitJune 2018

"they managed to lose my luggage"

Trip Verified | Passed through twice in the past week, both times they managed to lose my luggage. Today, I even saw my bag (it had a named strap) next to the baggage loader next to the aircraft, after having flown in from NBO. Got to MAM, the luggage never made it. This is not the first time this has occurred at CDG. This is not a nice airport and I will try and avoid in future. There are too many strikes also. AMS is much better.
Date VisitJune 2018

"They’re all over priced"

Not Verified | Here as a lay over after an 11 hour flight from Japan. There are no toilets at arrivals and you have to go through security again connecting gates before you get to the toilets. The first ones you come across in terminal 2 have only 4 cubicles and they’re horrid. We have a 5 hour lay over so naturally we want a few options of places to have dinner or a nice snack - there is Yo Sushi, Starbucks, Pret a mange and some sort of bar. They’re all over priced and Starbucks had run out of bread?! So I couldn’t even get a toasty.
Date VisitJune 2018

"sloppy inspection of our carry on luggage"

Trip Verified | Departing to SFO on flight 84, June 14, 2018. Security, of course, is a valid concern on departing flights, however I must describe how my wife and I were treated by “security” at CDG. I am 78, my wife, 62. We were arbitrarily selected, so we were told, for the thorough shake down, pat down, sloppy inspection of our carry on luggage. The ferrat-like woman security agent seemed to take special pleasure in ferrating through my wife’s back pack, even demanding that my wife open a small, gift-wrapped box of chocolate. She, the agent, asked me if their procedure was similar to that of the security personnel in the US. I replied, in French, “it depends on the person” wondering to myself if she had been trained by some of the grotesques in our vulgar system. I repeat, while security on flights is a legitimate concern, the manner in which it is done is another question. To treat anyone, including elderly folks, like criminals is shameful.

"Signage is appalling"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Signage is appalling, and very confusing with terminals not only being annotated by numbers but letters too. I travel regularly, in excess of 80 flights a year so not new to the travel game but twice ended up going in the wrong direction. It's not often I find cause to compliment the British, but I must say Terminal 2 at Heathrow is a pleasure to spend time in, with a huge variety of shops and restaurants. CDG is the complete opposite.
Date VisitJune 2018

"the most user unfriendly airport"

Trip Verified | CDG is the most user unfriendly airport I have encountered during 40 years of worldwide travel. Accessing the airport by car is absolutely mind boggling - the roads could only have been designed by French bureaucrats with no concept of logic or order. Just try to get from Roissy en France to Terminal 1 by car. The entire airport is designed for travelers with backpacks or one small roll-aboard. If you are traveling with a family and have lots of luggage (like for a two month stay) it is simply not possible to go anywhere - the escalators and stairs block luggage trolleys as does the CDG Val. This simply defies all logic and common sense. In order to safely arrive for your flight you really need to target being at the airport at least 3 hours ahead of flight time - no telling who will be on strike or what the traffic will be like. Once you arrive you are not allowed to check-in and drop your bags more than two hours before flight time - which then means you will be stuck in a Customs Queue for up to 1.5 hours and have zero time to use Airport lounges (especially since you may still be in another line for security at the actual Gate). Others have already duly noted the incredible lack and disdain for customer service - seems like all the employees are just state public workers who can't ever be fired. Just my two cents.
Date VisitJune 2018

"nightmare of an airport"

Trip Verified | Absolute nightmare of an airport. We used it as a transit to Orly on our way from the UK to Guadeloupe. We flew from Birmingham leaving 0640 scheduled arrival 0900 (local). Departure from Orly scheduled 1205 boarding 1105. We had hold baggage. This took over one hour to appear on the carousel! The exit from CDG is like spaghetti. The navette arrived at Orly around 1100. Thus, we missed the flight. AF transferred us to another the same day. The return from Guadeloupe was overnight and we had very little sleep. Transit from Orly to CDG was straightforward save that the bus kept passing our departure terminal. However, we had plenty of time. The information on check-in led us to "Check in C" which was boarded up. Conflicting directions from staff made a very tired couple even more fractious. The check-in when we found it had us travelling from agent to agent. The passport automated check in worked for neither of us. Even the departure gate was poorly signed. Then we had a sight seeing tour by bus to find the aircraft. By contrast, the arrival at Birmingham was slick, the automated passport check worked and our baggage arrived on the carousel to meet us. Whoever designed an airport so badly conceived? They are still adding to it!

"absolute worst airport"

Not Verified | The absolute worst airport I've ever been in. The food choice in terminal 2E is Starbucks and some overpriced sandwich place. If you need to find 2F there is absolutely no signage to it. When you need help there's seemingly no one around. The bathrooms are dirty, no soap in the dispensers. The one star is for having water fountains. But half don't work.

"experience was upsetting"

Trip Verified | I flew from SA to Birmingham and was in transit on this airport. I was never treated in such a rude way by any employee at an airport in 45 years. I had a hip replacement, so the alarm went off, totally understandable. I also suffer from Alopecia Totalis, and always wear a scarf. It was like I was put in a category of 'this woman must be watched and treated like a bad person". I do not have a problem with the procedure, but really I didn't deserve this bossy, unfriendly face 'barking' at me with instructions. The previous experience on this airport was also upsetting. On top of everything this was in transit, so I already went through this procedure at Johannesburg. If I can help it I will never transit in this airport again.