Top 100 Airports

Paris CDG Airport

"will go out of my way to avoid it"

I entered a men's room and there was no toilet paper. At the security checkpont coming from the connecting flight (there were several flights arriving at about the same time), they had only one screening crew creating a huge line of people, many of whom were on the tight schedule and I'm not even sure if they made their connections. At the security checkpoint they opened my perfectly sealed duty free shop bag and then didn't reseal it properly causing me to give up a couple of bottles in Montreal, my next connecting point. Overall my experience at the CDG airport was by far the worst. This was my very first time going through Paris and I will go out of my way in the future to avoid it. Completely useless.
Date VisitJuly 2016

"clean, fast and efficient"

(New Caledonia)

Paris CDG airport is clean, fast and efficient. I have a EU passport, so going through immigration was smooth and super fast with the PARAFE automatised system. Even at the security check, plenty of checkpoints open which means no line up and no waiting time there. After customs, plenty of shops, great.
Date VisitJuly 2016

"arrogance and tangible indifference to travellers"

We allowed 4 hours from Paris central for our international departure to Singapore from Paris CDG. Took 1.5hrs to reach the airport and once checked-in with the efficient and courteous Singapore Airlines, we found ourselves confronted by arrogance and tangible indifference to international travellers to get to our departure gate. EU passport holders had a dream run through the French customs gates with no waiting. Other international travellers were treated with utter contempt. Extremely long lines with only 4 customs gates open to process these passengers (of the up to 12 gates available for processing). After waiting for well over an hour with little progress in the long queues, we and other people were becoming extremely concerned that we would miss our flight (appeals to officials to open more gates fell on deaf ears). Finally after over 1.5 hours amongst very agitated and desperate people trying to jump the long queues to catch their flights we cleared customs and got to our gate 10mins before our flight. We were later told that despite Singapore Airlines delaying our flight by over 20mins to help their passengers stuck in the customs queues, over 20 people still missed the flight. This was not a security issue, but simply arrogance and indifference to international tourists. Sadly we had a very similar experience when we arrived here 5 weeks ago.
Date VisitJune 2016

"good seating, food and shopping"

(China)

Just had an unsatisfactory experience on arrival at Paris CDG T1, but this departure at CDG T2E was good. Note that CDG T1 and CDG T2 are entirely different, like two different airports with more than 10 years time between construction. CDG T2 is huge like JFK and laid out in more traditional manner than T1 and is very convenient. Waiting halls are great not only with good seating but also food and shopping. There is even electronic game booths to enjoy free while waiting. Security line was fast too, a good departure, but note that when you depart you must know whether you fly from 2A or 2F - they are a kilometre apart.

"today it is outdated"

(China)

Note that Paris CDG is a large airport that different terminals offer different services. Paris CDG T1, the oldest was the dream airport when it opened 30+ years ago (and I was a passenger at the time when the other terminals were not yet built). Yet today it is outdated. The route to immigration and luggage was strangely designed: you walk a considerable distance up, then down, and on arrival at the Immigration check point there was a long queue but served by only one immigration office (perhaps it was too early, 7am on 14 June. Luggage delivery was also slow even though my bag was priority tagged. Needs improvement: If nothing can be done on the hardware there is no reason that only one staff was on duty at immigration.
Date VisitJune 2016

"signage in the airport isn't great"

On arrival at CDG, we waited over an hour to clear immigration, it was a joke. There was a lady asking if we were EU passengers, which we were so we thought we would be in a shorter line but we were mixed with a flight from the US, which was confusing. People were trying to push past us just to try and get closer to the front of the queue, which really wound myself and my friend up as we believe in first come first served and waiting your turn. Once through, our luggage was already on the belt, so at least we didn't have to wait I for that too. Our taxi driver actually advised us to travel with Easyjet if we go again because they use a smaller, quieter terminal. We flew Air France. When departing from CDG a few days later, I noticed there didn't seem to be any visible security. With everything that has happened in Paris and recently in Brussels, I was expecting to have our luggage and bodies scanned before even entering the terminal but I didn't even see a Security Guard. I checked in online and checking our luggage in was self service. It was straight forward and there were staff there to assist. Signage in the airport isn't great. We were in Terminal 2E. It was very busy and huge, which doesn't help when you don't know where you are going. Once at the departure area L, it was quite nice as the gate was easy to fine and there were some designer shops and a cafe. It would have been nice if there was a Costa or Starbucks. One thing our kids like was the PS4's which they could play on free of charge to pass the time away whilst waiting for the flight.

"terrible lines"

Terrible lines to get through customs arriving on an AM flight. No jetway to exit plane with my toddler. The wait for the portable stairs was a bit of a wait as well. Had to take a bus to terminal 2, hopefully my experience in Paris will be better
Date VisitMay 2016

"don't think I will bother next time"

(New Zealand)

What a great airport. The layout, signs, structure, toilets and shopping were superb. The staff at the shops were great. The airline staff were ignorant and rude. They insisted on putting us in the wrong queue when we had Premium Economy tickets which told us which queue to take. The queue at the customs was way far long for getting your GST returned. I don't think I will bother next time.
Date VisitJune 2015

"one of the worst airports to have a layover"

This airport is by far one of the worst airports to have a layover. I had flown through CDG from SFO to PRG. Transferring to the EU terminals wasn't as difficult as my return flight. The trains are speedy, but there is never a clear sign about where the gates are and in which terminal. Going through customs was a nightmare. There were only 3 officers and there were 3 international flights that arrived at the same time as my flight. Not only were the lines long, but the area where we were standing had a glass ceiling and there was no AC, so it was hot. On our return flight, we had to take a bus to our terminal. The bus was late and the woman monitoring the door was not helpful and rude when passengers asked questions. Finally, while we were waiting for the buses, we witnessed a trolly for the baggage have a bag fall off the back of the cart. The woman at the door noticed it and didn't report it to anyone. Finally, after 5 minutes, a truck, full of other luggage, came by and picked up the bag. Basically, do not come to this airport unless you want to get lost, be late for your flight, or lose your baggage.
Date VisitJune 2015

"still room for improvement"

(Israel)

A long queue to check-in at Paris CDG, however I managed to make the most out of the wait by utilising the free WiFi. Duty free shops come at a variety in terminal 2D, though the numerous options were not enjoyable as a result of the extremely high prices - everything was expensive from swiss chocolates to cheese to clothes, which was disappointing. Seating areas were available in high numbers, the seats where comfortable and suitable for long waits, also power outlets were available to charge electronic devices. All in all the experience was pleasant, the airport filled my needs in every way, however there is still room for improvement.
Date VisitMay 2016