Paris CDG Airport

Review by (United Kingdom) 5th July 2015

Badly signposted, long transit connection times, lack of information points and disinterested unhelpful staff and officials. My suggestion would be to avoid at all cost if possible. Due to a cancelled flight I had the misfortune to connect through CDG after years of avoiding the place. Nothing has changed. In fact I was in Terminal 1 looking for the Priority Pass lounge and the same dusty glass and bouncing walkways were unchanged as I remember on a school trip once.
Date Visit05-06-2015

Review by (Switzerland) 17th June 2015

Travelled from Luxembourg to Toronto via Paris CDG. First Leg was with Luxair on AF Codeshare (arriving in Terminal 2G), second leg with Air France, departing from Terminal 2E, Gates M. From the Luxair Embraer to the 2G Terminal is a 50 m walk, neither bus nor gangway, so very fast. Inside the Terminal less than 100 meters to a small Transfer area, that is unambiguously labelled. It pays to check the gate for the next flight in terminal 2E right here. Passport control is in this room with four counters open and no queue, so 5 minutes after leaving the plane we were in the bus waiting area. A person was loudly calling for anyone for 2E gates M, so we passed the short queue and were immediately on the bus. Gates M are the closest, so the bus transfer takes under ten minutes. No further checks in terminal 2E, especially no security. The 1h45 minutes for transfer proved ample, so that we could visit the nice lounge in 2E M. We were worried based on the many negative reviews here, but our experience was close to perfect.
Date Visit17-06-2015
Facilities N/A

Review by (Ireland) 31st May 2015

Transited through terminal 2E between Tokyo and Dublin on 29th May 2015. Landed at 4pm. I went to flight connections along with a number of passengers from same flight. Terminal was in lockdown due to security alert. Other passengers who were transferring to other terminals were allowed to go. I was left alone with airport staff security and soldiers waiting for alert to end. They were all very polite but there was a lot of confusion. Once security alert was over I was allowed to proceed. Had to go through security scanning where an unopened bottle of water I had got on my flight from Tokyo was confiscated. This seemed ridiculous as I had clearly come through flight connections and got the water on my flight. There was a good selection of restaurants but very expensive. I went to the food court. The service was poor staff were awol and unfriendly. Restaurant wasn't very clean either. Toilets were also not very clean. Was in noticeable contrast to Tokyo. Building is a lovely design to look at though. My flight out was delayed with no explanation or announcement made about it. Even at the gate Air France staff gave no information about the delay. A disappointing experience at CDG.

Review by (South Africa) 11th May 2015

We regularly transit through CDG airport. Yesterday 9 May we land on an international flight at terminal 2D with the Air France ticket. The international transfer passage is locked. There are no ground staff at all. The only people are the passport control officials. No one would help us. The person who eventually could speak English turned out to be extremely rude and insulting. Luckily we had Schengen visas so that we exited and re-entered at the terminal 2E.
Queuing Times N/A

Review by (United States) 6th May 2015

Transited airport twice on trip from IAD to Rabat and from Casablanca. Signage excellent cleanliness excellent really fast through security checks. Business lounge on 2E "M" gates was one of the best lounges I have ever seen. Huge many seating options OK bathrooms better food offerings than most. I would put the M gates up against anything I have seen recently including many of the modern Asian airports. I was very apprehensive about transiting CDG but my experience both ways was most positive.

Review by (Germany) 30th April 2015

Security check took my souvenir for my son and defined it as a weapon: Was a dummy of a Mapuche-Bow which I checked in in Chile twice at different airports and which was deconstructed (so actually it was a bamboo-stick). The argument of the "friendly" French woman was "this is my gate and at my gate I decide what is a weapon and what is not". No chance to get access to the superior no chance to get the souvenir collected by a Paris friend of mine. Coupled with the 1) very long times needed to pass from one terminal to the other (nearly missed our connecting flight) and 2) the very unfriendly people at various information desks (despite I speak some French! - I'm sure situation is even worse if you speak only English). I cannot recommend this airport - especially not for transfer from international to inner-European flights.

Review by (Canada) 27th April 2015

Travelling with my 95 year old mother. We had requested wheelchair assist as transit passengers flying from Budapest to Toronto. Met by wheelchair and via a bus taken to the basement of the international terminal. Waited there 20 minutes with four other passengers. 13 staff were present 12 wheelchairs present. No one would take us to the lounge nor would they give us a wheelchair so I could do the pushing. Finally one of them took us to the lounge. Come departure time no one came to take us to the gate. Finally being furiously paged Air France personnel came and carried our cabin baggage while I slowly walked my mother. The Air France staff were very apologetic and kind.
Queuing Times N/A

Review by (France) 22nd April 2015

The immigration controls can be very long due to refusal of the police officers to adapt their presence to flight arrivals and delays. The food and shopping proposals are very low quality and overpriced. The connections with public transport quite poor. But the worst in this airport is the staff. Most of them hate travelers and show it in their attitude and answers (or lack of answers).

Review by (Czech Republic) 19th April 2015

Flight delayed we were told staff on ground working already on next possible connection after our scheduled was missed for sure. But nothing much happened. Computer search found next available cheap flight only next day while there were another two available the same day. This took us an hour to get at the Air France desk changed in- between one of the available flights was gone. Airport has a lot of electricity plugs to charge your phone but they do not work. None of the terminals. Strange way how to manage cost reduction. Avoid travelling with Air France or through CDG.

Review by (United States) 20th March 2015

Travel through France with an elderly parent in a wheelchair is bad enough but transiting through CDG with someone in a wheelchair was a nightmare. Never again. Our wheelchair pusher never showed up and I wasn't allowed to push the wheelchair by myself. It was "against regulations" although I was perfectly capable of the job. Despite seeing all these wheelchair pushers wandering around aimlessly I was told we had to wait for "our" guy who was AWOL not responding to his cell or pager. Finally some Air France personnel took pity on us and whisked us to the plane just as they were closing the doors. I go to great lengths to avoid CDG and when traveling to France generally fly into Geneva instead.