Paris CDG Airport

Terminal Seating N/A
Terminal Cleanliness N/A
Queuing Times N/A

"There seems to be little organization"

Unverified | This was my 4th time transiting this airport for a connection to Istanbul from ATL. I have experienced enough of CDG to begin actively seeking other airports to connect through on future trips. There seems to be little organization to the campus, signs are so simple they provide little information. I needed a boarding pass for AtlasGlobal flight due to being unable to check in online, the airport staff sent me outside to catch a bus to a completely incorrect terminal and spent an hour finding my way back to where I needed to go. AMS was a much better experience than every trip through CDG.

"Horrible experience"

Verified Review | Horrible experience. 2 agents to verify the passports of 200+ people leaving terminal 1. Passengers in the queue for 1.5 hours. This lack of respect of the official was completed by the staff that did not had any idea of how to deal with the situation.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"a very bitter experience"

Verified Review | Worst airport I have ever been to. Only 1 person working at passport control. Took 1 hour to cross passport control while the supervisor was just sitting and surfing on his phone. He appeared extremely unbothered. This has left me with a very bitter experience. It seems he French are not bothered to improve their services
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"never actually had a positive experience at CDG"

Unverified | I've never actually had a positive experience at CDG - my first experience was last year, and due to a "suspicious package" they closed down customs for about 1.5 hours. This caused absolute chaos and about 4.5 hours of waiting and being crushed to get out. I figured this would be isolated - it was a specific security issue, right? Nope. We had a red eye to Paris and then about 2 hours to connect to our next flight, which I thought would be plenty. Nope nope. We arrived in Terminal 2 (I believe 2E), but our flight was in Terminal 3. We asked 10 employees how to get to Terminal 3. Some said to go downstairs, the ones downstairs said go upstairs. Some said we needed to get through customs, some said we needed to take a bus right off Terminal 2. As the time ate away, we started panicking. The non-EU customs line is bedlam, and they make no attempt to organize or facilitate. I've put directions below to Terminal 3, in the hopes that it will help some poor soul. Long story short for us, we missed our connection. Directions to Terminal 3 from Terminal 2: Go through customs. If you don´t have an EU passport, go into that line anyway as it will save over an hour and no one polices the line. Facing away from customs in the baggage claim, go all the way to the right out of a hallway. There will be a series of doors you need to go through and it will be a packed hallway with railings. Look for the sign at the left that says 'Terminal 3'. Go towards those, following down several hallways until you get to a train. It goes past some parking stops, but will then reach Terminal 3. It looks like a train station, but just keep going through. You have to exit this building, walk past a bus depot, across the street and through a tunnel. It's a good 15 minute walk - I hope you packed light! Reach Terminal 3, where there is another security checkpoint. If your connection was less than 4 hours, you've probably missed your flight. If you're stuck here like we were, there is only one restaurant in that terminal. Save your sanity, go to the Hilton and rent a room for the 12 hours you need to wait until your connection - it'll be another 80EUR onto your budget. Had we gotten the correct instructions from a competent employee at the beginning, we probably could've made it. We were met with stereotypical French indifference at each turn - I feel so bad if this is someone's first interaction outside their country. This airport is not what I would expect from any first world country. If the comparative ticket is within $150, we've decided to never set foot on French soil again. If I could rate this a 0 I would.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"this is totally unacceptable"

Unverified | Terminal 2D. When passing through baggage check and you are assigned to departure gates D62-D69 they tell you to go straight to security and don't stop at the shops in between. "There are shops the other side of security". What they don't tell you is that these shops are absolutely useless. My wife is Coeliac and cannot eat gluten. None of the shops in this area sold any gluten free food - in this day and age this is totally unacceptable. Sort it out!
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"staff were not even ready to listen"

Verified Review | It takes such a long time for the immigration in this airport. Even though there are several counters available for immigration, only half remain operational putting the travelers under huge inconvenience and stress. It took almost 2 hours in the queue for immigration. Some of the people even missed their flight but the staff were not even ready to listen. There is also no separate queue for aged. So, if a person is disabled, then only he will be able to get some support. For senior citizens above 65, no support available when such long queues emerge, which I believe is a regular matter.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"You need to walk for hours"

(Sweden)

Verified Review | This airport is in general quite old, and the 60ies architecture does not help to make it nicer. The signage is strange, the noise level is high, shopping not so good and people working there really rude. You need to walk for hours, and in general this is a problem of how the airport was designed. Also the different terminals are quite far from each other, and it is confusing from which terminal (or sub-terminal), you are leaving from. Not a nice place to use for a transit in general.
Date VisitAugust 2017

"time-consuming, unpleasant and stressful"

Unverified | Without a doubt, the worst experience I have ever had in any airport was at Charles de Gaulle on 4 September. It took my husband and me 1.5 hours to fly from Scotland to Charles de Gaulle, and 2 hours to get out of the airport. We waited almost 45 minutes to get through passport control. A digital system for EU passports worked only for passports issued in France. (In contrast to a similar system in Glasgow that accepts all passports from the EU, EEA and Switzerland.) At Charles de Gaulle it seems that all EU passports are equal; but some are more equal than others. Baggage collection was disorganised. From arrivals, a large hall divided in two, leading to about ten different carrousels, with no obvious indication of the one used for each flight. We walked up and down the hall until we found our carousel at the very end of one half of the hall. Worst of all, was the effort required to buy a ticket for a train to the centre of Paris: The hall were tickets were sold was like a vision of hell, with huge queues stretching in every direction. The ticket machines were complicated and temperamental, meaning that each person spent about ten minutes trying to get them to discharge a ticket. For some perverse reason, they do not accept banknotes (although similar machines in Paris do). There is no indication when you join the long queue that they will only take certain bank card and small change. My own experience was that I had joined the queue with only cash. When I finally reached the machine, I realised that I had to ask the person behind me to buy my ticket for me (in exchange for money). The machine refused her Visa card (telling us it only accepted cards including Visa), and both of us had to rely on the next person in the queue to buy tickets for all of us. All the stress caused to so many passengers could have been avoided with, preferably ticket machine that accept banknotes, or signage advising passengers that they do not, before people spend half an hour queuing; and some members of staff to assist travellers in the use of these unnecessarily complicated machines. Our experience of Paris Charles de Gaulle was a time-consuming, unpleasant and stressful introduction to Paris. I will do all I can to avoid using the airport in the future.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"Security staff are clearly zealous"

Unverified | Security staff are clearly zealous. Traveling with Air France. Had my check in luggage weighed, which was obviously not an issue. 3kg, lost 10min. Had a mini bike pump. Was judged as a potential weapon. In the last 3 days, went through London Heathrow, Munich and Manchester. (Was checked twice but no issue to carry on). Staff are zealous for no good reason, except that they have the power to make your trip annoying, and they use it.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"Understaffed passport control booths"

Verified Review | Same experience again at Paris CDG: 90 minutes to transfer from Terminal 2F to Terminal 2C, instead of the average 35 minutes publicized. Understaffed passport control booths, e-gates not working, complete disorganization of queues and a bumpy 20 minutes bus ride that takes you all around the airport. We reached our plane, after a lot of stress, just before the doors were ready to close. And cherry on the cake, after running and stressing, we had to sit in the plane for an extra hour, because of the congestion of the airport, before being cleared for take off. Will definitely avoid CDG in the future whenever possible for sure. Each time I use this airport, and see all these tourists queuing and going through this chaos, I feel ashamed to be French.