Paris CDG Airport

"will never depart from CDG again"

Not Verified | At Air France K39A I stood in line for over 2 hours! They only had one staff memeber working. Each guest took 30 mins to move 1 person. The staff did not try to call for help or ask for a manager. Having to wait over 2 hours is unacceptable. I will never depart from CDG again. If you want to wait and wait and wait, CDG is right for you! What a shame.

"This place is a maze"

(Bulgaria)

Not Verified | Lost my luggage and parents luggage traveling on 2 different dates. They know this is an everyday occurance and aren’t doing anything about it. This place is a maze, there are 2 terminal 2E good luck finding your gate as a first time visitor. The staff don’t care about you but run outside when it’s time to smoke a cigarette ie coffee shop workers at gate the 69 to Bulgaria. Avoid this airport, never again. Also they requested a boarding pass for buying water like I’m there by accident.

"It's very cold inside"

Not Verified | I'm currently sitting in terminal 2E waiting for my departure. 1) It's very cold inside. If you are staying waiting for the next flight long time, make sure you have clothes to change (from shorts to thick pants and some sweater on top). 2) The only place to stay overnight without leaving the airport is the 2E terminal. But! It will be cold at night as well. Bring by all means possible - a decent blanket! You will absolutely need it! Take earplugs as well - people do not respect calm and privacy even past midnight: especially of this football-soccer these days - everybody seems to be unaware of dozens of people sleeping here and there. 3) Very poor choice of food counters - McDonalds and some fancy snack bars. For comparison: I pay let's say 3 cad for coffee back in Canada, the airport charged me 4 euros for the same amount! If possible - bring snacks with you. Bananas, sandwiches, fruit, nuts - I was lucky enough to have it. Do not waste your money on the local snacks - they are not worth it. Too pricy! 50 euros per day of waiting (in terms of my meals)? No way that's happening with me. 4) Make sure you know what terminal you'll be flying from. It can be found via ordinary google question - "your company - number of flight + flight terminal" or as in my example: "air france 356 flight terminal". Heed my warnings - it will happen with you as well.
Date VisitJuly 2018

"one my worst experiences"

Trip Verified | This was one my worst experiences in an airport! We arrived to the airport with 2.15 hours of time to check in, drop our bags off, go through security, head to the gate and catch our flight. What we found was enormous lines, stalled baggage belts, slow security service the feeling of frantic of realizing we may not catch our flight and an additional security screening at the gate apparently targeting Americans before going though the airplane gate to board the plane. All of this adds up to one of the worst experiences ever! My guess is Americans may not be viewed as friendly travelers with our existing NATO allies. This is a 180 degree change of my experience in 2017. The only difference is it’s 2018 and we have new tariffs impacting our European friends.

"avoid whenever possible"

Trip Verified | This has to be the worst airport ever. We should have had plenty of time to spare as we were there 2.5 hours early. Absolutely no signs and every staff member gave a different answer. I actually think they were just making the answer up. Zero sense of urgency or what customer service means. No indicators as to which of the 10 Delta/Air France Stations you should use for dropping your bags. We wasted 35 minutes at station 7 only to be told we need to go to a Delta station for JFK, which was # 2 or #3. Same thing there and sent to # 8. Then immediately sent to #11. We tried to explain to security that we only had 20 minutes left for the bag drop, so they sent us ahead. It would be smart if they had a scale there so you could weigh or bag or let you pay the overage fee there, vs. walking 300 yards and standing in another line. I adjusted my luggage and then moved to the immigration line. 3 times I tried telling them that there was no way we would make this flight. The staff kept saying we had plenty of time. Only on the 4th time did they actually look and listen and realize we were correct. We spent 10 minutes in a shorter line, another 15 minutes taking the tram to the correct gate, and then all 8 of us sprinting to the plane with 0 time to spare after 25 minutes waiting to get through the security scanners. And in the end, 1 of the 8 bags never left CDG. Still missing. How was the seating? no clue, we stood, walked or ran the entire time. Food? Our plan was to have breakfast there, that didn't happen. Shopping? ha! Worst airport experience ever. Avoid whenever possible.
Date VisitJuly 2018

"airport closed in the night"

(Hungary)

Not Verified | We had 11 hours transfer time in Paris with Business ticket. The airport closed in the night and they have sent us out to the city our suggest to sit somewhere. The ticket doesn’t contain this information. Never heard similar before, which other airport close in the night?
Date VisitJune 2018

"no longer had wheelchair assistance"

Not Verified | I was transported by wheelchair to Gate M44 for flight AF688 on June 19, 2018. I was left in a regular seat and the wheelchair was taken away by the man that had taken me to Gate M44. Flight #AF688 was delayed 2 hours and at one point I had to go to the bathroom. I no longer had wheelchair assistance at that point. A wheelchair attendant with an empty wheelchair was passing me and I asked for his assistance to get to and from the bathroom, which was about 45 meters away from where I was sitting. He refused, saying I was not on his little hand held computer screen and that he was looking for a different passenger (he was still wandering around with an empty wheelchair for at least 30 minutes after his and my confrontation). I told him that I was close to having to urinate right there in the passenger waiting area and his response was "it is not my problem". When asked, he also refused my request to call a supervisor. Providing wheelchairs to handicapped people is a form of customer service, but if you are more worried about people stealing your wheelchairs or if you don't have enough of them, then discontinue that service altogether at Charles de Gaulle and send all the extra wheelchairs to the Orly airport so that they can properly serve the needs of handicapped travelers.

"a dismal experience"

Trip Verified | Once again, a dismal experience at CDG. Terrible self check in with several broken down machines and no help to be seen. It was lucky I know this dreadful airport so well and had planned to arrive at least 3 hours before the flight. Long queue for immigration. The security scan was efficient, for once. Past the scan, extremely poor choice of food, well only one choice indeed; a sandwich and water. No other food court. Terminal F is airy and well lit and quite quiet, so the wait for the plane was peaceful.
Date VisitJune 2018

"they managed to lose my luggage"

Trip Verified | Passed through twice in the past week, both times they managed to lose my luggage. Today, I even saw my bag (it had a named strap) next to the baggage loader next to the aircraft, after having flown in from NBO. Got to MAM, the luggage never made it. This is not the first time this has occurred at CDG. This is not a nice airport and I will try and avoid in future. There are too many strikes also. AMS is much better.
Date VisitJune 2018

"They’re all over priced"

Not Verified | Here as a lay over after an 11 hour flight from Japan. There are no toilets at arrivals and you have to go through security again connecting gates before you get to the toilets. The first ones you come across in terminal 2 have only 4 cubicles and they’re horrid. We have a 5 hour lay over so naturally we want a few options of places to have dinner or a nice snack - there is Yo Sushi, Starbucks, Pret a mange and some sort of bar. They’re all over priced and Starbucks had run out of bread?! So I couldn’t even get a toasty.