Paris CDG Airport

"very rude and sullen"

Not Verified | Departed my plane and headed to the connecting flight. The gate listed was not what the info the airline sent me so I went to the gate that was listed. Tried to ask the staff at 2E terminal K 53 and they said no they were busy. I waited and was ignored and when they had nothing that they were doing I asked for help again. They were very rude and sullen but I was told to go to another gate K33. I asked to confirm the gate number for my departing flight at K 33. They did confirm but were very rude and sullen. I have spent over 30 yrs working in the public and great customer service was always the number one attribute needed. There is no customer service available at this airport. This makes me sad as I was looking so forward to visiting your great country. I have no wish to return as it is not as great a country as I believed. I can spend my money in other countries who are more welcoming and kind. Management at this airport has a problem with customer service.
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"every time it gets worse"

Not Verified | I sleep much better now knowing that I never ever plan on returning to that dump CDG airport. Not my first time there, and every time it gets worse. Even the bus drivers to the hotels are inconsiderate and cocky. I almost got dizzy going around in circles trying to get out at arrival from the US, since some ignorant architect was on drugs and thought a circular terminal would be funky. Walking walking and more walking to where? Cannot see what is coming up since the walls curve away from you. Signage is useless, so don't count on finding your way like that. They have a bus to the hotels. Ok, that sounds convenient, but the bus does not go to all the terminals. Good luck managing to get from where the bus leaves you to where you need to go. Hope you don't have lots of luggage to wag up and down stairs, or leave extra time as the elevators are small. In fact, good luck finding the bus, unless you just happen to be near it, then you will see some signs. I won't do it again. Why should I? there are many more convenient airports in France and the world, and if CDG is a reflection of what awaits in France, a measure of welcome, go somewhere else.
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"only two agents working at the time"

Not Verified | We arrived at CDG on September 17th, 2018 from Toronto, Canada. We were scheduled to connect to a flight to Naples, Italy. We had enough time between connections. However, the law enforcement/customs agents caused several people, including my husband and I, to miss flights that morning. There were only two agents working at the time. We are talking about 8:00am, not super early in the morning. People were complaining and nothing was done. The line ups were out of control and not moving at all. Our airline had to reroute us to Frankfurt, Germany where we caught a flight to Naples. The CDG customs agents (or lack of) caused us an excessive amount of stress. We missed our airport transfer and barely made it in time before the reception staff left for the night at our B&B in Naples. This was a horrific experience for us. I would strongly encourage not connecting to flights through CDG or making sure there is at least 5+ hours between connections.

"absolute chaos"

(Brazil)

Trip Verified | I do not know if CDG was facing a problem of lack of staff on the day of September 20 2018, but the passport control area was absolute chaos due to the great amount of travelers (I am talking more than 400 here) and the fact that there were only two boths with working people. My transit time was quite reasonable (1 hour from TXL), so I did not worry about not catching my next flight in Paris, especially because the first one was on time, so I did not have any problems with that. However, when I finally faced the queue that led to the police border, I was almost sure I wouldn't board on time. The lines were simply not respected and travelers just kept coming in without any supervision of where they were supposed to go from the people who work at that area of the airport (there was nobody). The division of EU citizens and all the others did not exist (or at least was absolutely ignored). People were desperate: everyone was on the same situation (their next flight was in a short time), and, in fact, some missed their flights. When I was finally asked to have my passport checked (with 15 minutes left and I still had to go to the other side of the airport - Gate L - and my boarding time had been long gone), the staff, almost with an evident and plain notion that I was on pure despair, made sure she took as long as possible to check my passport (let's not forget that people were speaking on high tones and demanding to be checked immediately). When she finally let me go, I ran as much as I could and I reached my flight literally five minutes before it took off. Sadly many people did not have the same luck. It is high time Paris CDG had their passport control organizational concept rechecked and did something about it to keep the situation under control, since it is such a busy and important airport, because the chaos there lived was not due to the travelers' lack of time planning, but the airport's total negligence with the importance of having an organized, optimized and fast working passport control area.

"Not a great experience"

Not Verified | I was flying Westjet from Paris to Vancouver, BC in July 2018. My e-ticket said terminal 2 and so I arrived two and half hours ahead of departures to that terminal. I could not find Westjet anywhere on the departure screen so I asked four different employees where to go and kept getting sent to different check in counters (tried checking in online but nothing). I finally found one information counter where the agent told me that I should be at terminal 1, I was told how to get there but no offers of assistance to get there. Hopped on a shuttle bus, tried to find the Westjet counter, again the agents pointed me downstairs to a small counter for Westjet with four deflated blue balloons in celebration of Westjets arrival! Not a person to be found at the counter and no one willing to phone the gates for me. By this time my flight would leave in 30 minutes and I was told that I would not be able to catch the flight. I then went to the info. centre assist area and was told to move as I didn't need wheelchair assistance! Not a great experience with this airport. I finally managed to get in contact with Westjet and was told to fly to Gatwick and they would be able to get home from there in a couple of days. Westjet came through in the end but I would not fly into the Paris airport ever again.
Date VisitJuly 2018

"signage unclear and confusing"

Not Verified | Security staff that literally picked my laptop up out of the security tray that it was in and dropped it clattering into another tray, then muttered an apology when i challenged why would she do that to someone else’s property as she looked away from me and grabbed the next persons belongings. Staff at the airport are rude and disinterested in customers, someone please sign them up for a customer service course. The signage in the airport is unclear and confusing, and this from someone that’s travelled extensively globally. Airport lounge is hidden away like a government secret with broken elevators when you eventually find them. Will avoid this place in the future.
Date VisitAugust 2018

"employees were rude and snappy"

Not Verified | People with disabilities be aware of the poor services at Paris CDG airport. My father is disabled and they did not have wheelchairs. They made him stand and forced him to walk to the plane. A large airport, with poor customer service, and not enough wheelchairs is a bad combo for a person with disabilities. The customer service and the employees were rude and snappy. The airport employee did not introduce herself, took my father's passport out of his hand and just walked away with his passport without telling him what she is going to do. Paris is one of the most famous cities on this planet, for a country and city with this much fame and history, one would think their services would be the apex of civilization, but in fact they have average to mediocre customer service skills and overpriced goods. There seems to be a negative correlation here, the fame and historical status that Paris enjoys globally, decreased their good services and civil standards, and increased their mediocrity.
Date VisitAugust 2018

"ridiculously overpriced"

Not Verified | As one of Europe's largest airports, I did expect more in the way of facilities however I flew in and out of Terminal 2E which is ridiculously overpriced and lacks the basic facilities of a modern-day International Airport. The signage is poor and the airport staff seem adamant to only want to speak French. When you go and look at purchasing some basic food in the airport then don't expect anything great! Security transfer times also despite being 12pm were just poor and it took a very long time to do the most basic of tasks.
Date VisitJuly 2018

"Terminal 2A was terrific"

Not Verified | Terrific airport. I was wondering what to expect after reading bad reviews. Terminal 2A was terrific. Clean, quiet, great Parisian restaurant on 2nd floor, had a wonderful meal. No problem charging our devices. Easy and quick check in. And the shopping - Gucci, Christian Dior, and anything else you can imagine - terrific shopping. Clean, alot of places to relax and prepare for flight.
Date VisitJuly 2018

"Cleanliness is very limited"

(Morocco)

Not Verified | At terminal 2E gates L 23 25 and 27. Cleanliness is very limited, especially in the restrooms. At terminal 2E gate 27 electric plugs do not work. Security personnel seems to be more smiling and courteous at gate L than at gate M. No defibrillators in sight and no safety staff in sight.