Top 100 Airports

Paris CDG Airport

"worse with every trip"

I have been through Paris CDG 6 times in the last 5 years and it gets worse with every trip. I will avoid Paris and instead go through Amsterdam which is much more personable. In CDG no matter what terminal you are in, the employees are rude. Don't ask them anything: they know nothing. If you have a 2 hour connection in CDG, you will probably miss your flight. If you arrive in terminal 2 and leave from terminal 2, you will have to go through the long process of security, its simply awful. We had 2h 45 minutes and believe it or not the train between terminal 2E and 2F took 15 minutes to arrive. Then, the best part is the inefficient security - I waited 1 hour 55 minutes in line. We made the flight - they were waiting for us at the gate. I was told by the airline that it happens all the time and it is getting worse. Remember we had almost 3 hours. The wonderful "police nationale" controlling your passports are slow, inefficient and in poor numbers so you wait and wait. Now, dont even think of having the retail staff treat you better because you spend money. They are as rude as can be. I speak French fluently but even this isn't enough. At all cost avoid CDG airport. Pay a supplement and transfer somewhere else. If you have to go Paris, go via Brussels or anywhere in Switzerland and take the train - it will be less long than the wait you will have in CDG and probably much more personeable.
Date VisitJune 2016

"avoid CDG at all costs"

Verified Review | If you're arriving at Paris CDG or if you're in transit this airport can be a hell. 10 months ago ID controls were reinforced at CDG. For the past 10 months nothing has been done to facilitate these checks. There are definitely not enough passport desks open. There are no EU / non-EU lines (at least in 2F). There is no proper queuing area. No additional information. No staff extra staff to manage the queue etc. The result is once you leave the plane you'll likely to end up in a huge jam and wait for up to 1 hour before you reach the control desk. There's hardly any staff, only loads of other frustrated passengers. You're about to miss your connecting flight? You're travelling with infant (as we did last week)? Nobody cares. If you can, avoid CDG at all costs.
Date VisitAugust 2016

"worst experiences I've had"

One of the worst experiences I've had. This was the second time I traveled through Paris CDG hoping that my first time was a fluke. It turned out worse then the first. If you're an English speaker - prepare yourself for rude comments, agents making faces, not recieving the right directions, or being ignored. I gladly pay extra few hundred dollars per flight just not to pass through this airport again.
Date VisitNovember 2015

"two passport desks open"

Two passport desks open for a planeful of passengers on a Saturday morning. So there's a 1 hour just to get to baggage area. The muttering in the queue is "typical French" and I'm afraid the first impression for travellers is of a country in decline.

"staff nice and helpful"

I flew through Paris Charles de Gaulle airport this summer on transit to New York JFK from Toulouse. Staff were nice and helpful. Everything seemed to work together in a very efficient way. A problem I did see was that there were not enough seats in the terminal when waiting for the plane back to Toulouse. There were plenty of shops (as expected). I thought this airport was a lot easier to travel trought than others.

"a dirty terminal"

Arrived on an Air France flight which was delayed, connecting Air France flight was shown on the monitor with the wrong gate resulting in me missing my flight. The girl on the desk was extremely rude, she obviously missed the customer service training day. Managed to get a transfer two hours later so had to wait. Poor wifi connection and a dirty terminal, eventually just as we were about to board a cleaner arrived to vacuum the carpet. We had a pleasant holiday in Milan but the awful experience at ten airport spoil the end.

"signage is non-existent"

Avoid Paris CDG Airport at all costs. The signage is non-existent and most of the staff are indifferent and unhelpful. If you must go, allow hours extra. We arrived on an international flight carrying several hundred passengers to find two toilets available in the terminal. But the worst experience was our departure. We got to Terminal 1, Hall 3 at 7.30 am for our 12.35pm flight, well in advance, trying to be proactive. There were no signs anywhere with directions or flights. We waited in line for over an hour only to be told in a very rude way when we made it to the rope maze that we couldn't check in until 9.00am and would need to stand in another line. The woman took us to where the line would start. Then, the same employee, knowing we were traveling to DC, came back over to wave us to a different waiting area. Then, at 9.00, we notice that all this time, the line to check in for the DC flight had been forming at yet a different place, and by this time, it was at least 150 feet long, stretching along another side of the hall, behind it, then turning and snaking back. We had to get to the very end of it and we waited for an hour and a half again to check our bags. By the time we finally got past security (without stopping for any food - we just frantically dashed), we arrived at our gate 30 minutes before boarding time. Yes, so we arrived to the United hall 5 hours before our flight was to leave, and we got to our gate 30 minutes before boarding. This is the worst airport.
Date VisitAugust 2016

"the most abysmal experience"

The most abysmal experience at a airport for over 50 years. Most disorganised airport I have ever had the misfortune to use in my life. The security and passport control checks were at a snail's pace and to add to the misery under staffed. Five booths open for three queue stretching outside to the terminal entrances. Despite informing various staff regarding the consequences of the delay and boarding flights they kept on reassuring that the flights will be delayed. A number of people were not able to board their flights including myself. I was told to go to customer services where the airline didn't want to accept responsibility despite the fact that I had been waiting over an hour in the queue. Air France staff were helpful to a certain extent but overall beyond third rate. Never again CDG or Air France.
Date VisitAugust 2016

"passport inspection perfunctory at best"

The passport control on arrival at Paris CDG was so jammed that the queue stretched all the way around the terminal into the duty free shopping area by several hundred metres. We allowed 2 hours for a TGV connection and we would never have made it as the queue was barely moving. Pleas to the arrogant staff on duty directing the queue fell on deaf ears. We were fortunately saved by a lovely couple who gave us a priority card. Departure was an equal fiasco. Queues of several hundred passengers with just one officer for EU and one officer for non-EU. The arrogance is numbing. The passport inspection is perfunctory at best. France expects 100 million tourists by 2020. Why come? You will never see the wonderful country - you will be stuck in the immigration queue.
Date VisitJuly 2016

"will go out of my way to avoid it"

I entered a men's room and there was no toilet paper. At the security checkpont coming from the connecting flight (there were several flights arriving at about the same time), they had only one screening crew creating a huge line of people, many of whom were on the tight schedule and I'm not even sure if they made their connections. At the security checkpoint they opened my perfectly sealed duty free shop bag and then didn't reseal it properly causing me to give up a couple of bottles in Montreal, my next connecting point. Overall my experience at the CDG airport was by far the worst. This was my very first time going through Paris and I will go out of my way in the future to avoid it. Completely useless.
Date VisitJuly 2016