Paris CDG Airport

"can't say enough terrible things"

Trip Verified | I can't say enough terrible things about this awful place. We landed here with 2 hrs 45 mins until our next flight. More than enough, right? Guess again. We landed in a field in the middle of nowhere, and were put on a bus. Apparently there were only a few buses, so all 350+ people on our massive aircraft for an intercontinental flight were offloaded ~20 at a time. It took over 30 minutes just to get on a bus. Next, we drive for 6 minutes only to merge in a traffic jam inside the airport. I could've walked to the terminal from there in 15 minutes, but we were forced to sit inside the bus for the next hour moving a few meters every minute until we were finally at the terminal entrance. There, we saw that we had to go through customs again, and the line was literally snaked around the terminal building. There wasn't an airport person in sight to manage anything, so there were plenty of rude/stupid people who cut in line. What are you going to do? Scream at them and be removed from the airport? Over 3 hours later, we were finally at our departure gate. Thank god our plane was delayed or we would've missed our second intercontinental flight. Our way back was no better. Our incoming flight was delayed, and while we didn't have to offload into a bus in a field somewhere this time, we did have to go through customs again. At the place where you put your stuff into a bin onto the belt, there was an extremely rude guy barking at people. When I told him I didn't appreciate being barked at, he purposely moved my wife's bin into the "extra check required" lane and we ended up waiting 30 minutes for her bag to be checked. The people at the end of that lane were equally as bad, with the bags just sitting there (!) while they nothing. One lady was about to miss her flight and was pleading with them to just grab her bag and check it, but they ignored her and just laughed. On to the shops. You know how in the US, if you're standing in a shop, someone will smile at you and welcome you? How if you are standing in front of something that someone needs, they will smile and say "sorry, could you please move just a bit for me" or something like that? Well, not here. Shop personnel will ignore you. They will literally invade your personal space to place an item on a shelf behind you. I guess asking "excuse me please" is too much to ask, eh? Do not fly through this third world dump. There's nothing here but arrogant staff, who somehow think their incompetent and pathetic airport is world-class and gives them the power to belittle you.
Date VisitDecember 2017

"Too crowded, not enough staff"

Trip Verified | Too crowded, not enough staff to manage the number of travelers, only 2 immigration officers manning the long line of Air France Elite, it took 75 minutes from arrival to gate, despite that we had access to the Preferred Elite lines. Another bad experience at CDG was taking the bus at 0 degrees to board a 777, bus kept stopping and going very rough.
Date VisitDecember 2017

"chaos is beyond description"

Trip Verified | CDG is definitely the worst major European airport. Departures is done using self check in. The chaos is beyond description. This amid, the "who cares" attitude of the Air France ground staff. Lucky we transited via AMS so immigration queue. The choicee of food afterwards is ridiculous. Nothing to eat and overpriced! The terminal is mostly occupied by luxury goods stores or shops selling macaroons, come on! Upon return, insane queue at the immigration. Nothing changes at all at CDG. Nothing is being done to adress any issue, this is the same mess as ever. Avoid any transit at CDG and prefer Schipol!
Date VisitNovember 2017

"Avoid at all costs"

Trip Verified | This airport remains the worst in the civilized world. I have flown thru here countless times since 1999. I travel often between the US and Europe, and for years was a loyal Delta frequent flier, achieving their highest medallion status multiple years. I have that up and started over with United, primarily because most of DL's flights route thru CDG. The designer, Paul Andreu, could not design his way out of a small cardboard box. You need a minimum of 1 hr to connect between terminals. I've missed flights even with that margin. Avoid at all costs.

"Nothing goes right"

Trip Verified | CDG is a real issue to most travelers. No wonder: it is still a State-own entity! Terible service, confusing signage, lengthy transfers, outragous bagage deliveriy delays, lengthy police controls. Nothing goes right! Efforts are made, but miss the point! Try to locate the taxi stand and CDG 1 for instance. Instead of spending billions on un-needed luxuruous renovations tending to build the biggest department store instead of taking care of the travelers, they should start to listen to their customers (airlines) and users (you and I). Clean toilets, clear signage, confortable lighting and heating systems etc...
Date VisitDecember 2017

"minimal respect and courtesy to passengers"

(Austria)

Not Verified | In 2015 at Paris Charles de Gaulle airport, I was denied boarding for the overbooking of the tickets. Yesterday, 10 December 2017, 15.32 pm, (flight number OS416, departure time at 17.00 pm,) also at Paris-Charles de Gaulle Airport, again with Austrian Airlines, I was denied boarding, the same reason: overbooking. The staff of Paris-Charles de Gaulle airport are arrogant and lacks minimal respect and courtesy to passengers. Without patient explanation, only forced passengers to accept the unreasonable result. Around the world, in order to protect their own economic interests, airlines have formulated the principle of "allowing oversold." Imagine the situation for those passengers who are being denied boarding.
Date VisitDecember 2017

"this is the worst airport in the world"

Not Verified | Hands down this is the worst airport in the world. Every single time I have to transit here something major goes wrong. I have experienced everything from simply no single bag being loaded on the plane from a certain transit, to forgetting people on the runway during boarding. I would absolutely recommend everybody stay away from CDG if you want to have some level of pleasant experience. Oh and the terminals are crowded and uncomfortable.
Date VisitDecember 2017

"Airport services superb and systematic"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | I arrived at 7.00 am at CDG Airport on 27 November 2017. Immigration officer very friendly and extremely professional, fast and sophisticated. Outside airport very clean and tidy. Airport decorations was fabulous. Airport services superb and systematic.
Date VisitNovember 2017

"It is an absolute shambles"

Not Verified | My family travelled from Edinburgh via Paris enroute to Israel with our 91 year old grandma to visit her brothers war grave in Israel. Very emotional and significant trip. On arrival at Charles de Gaulle, assistance had been requested for Gran. The family were told to wait and the transport would arrive, my husband checked at the desk every 5 minutes as they had been waiting a long time, he was constantly reassured that the transport was coming. When it eventually came the gate was closed and the flight left without them. They are still are the airport desperately trying to resolve this and get on another flight to Tel Aviv. It is an absolute shambles, everyone at the desk is pretending not to speak English, no-one will take responsibility and my family are currently stranded at the airport with no-one prepared to offer any assistance.

"totally user unfriendly"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Terrible airport, totally user unfriendly including the people who work here. You are given a boarding pass to change planes with not enough time to get there in time. You get there and the plane has gone. Air France then gives you a room (without a window) in an airport hotel for another flight following day. Only one part of the check in can't be done because the other airline has a different IT system. Not even an apology. And really who designs hotel rooms without windows @ 120 euros?