Paris CDG Airport

"not a user friendly airport"

Trip Verified | First time to use Paris CDG and I was shocked, it’s dirty and very old and not a user friendly airport. Used it for international arrival and departure and also within Europe. T1 for schengen flights is a real joke, so small and so smelly and not nice at all. International airport is slightly better however it’s so chaotic and busy and takes a lot of time to navigate and find your way. Ok Duty free area with all the highend brands and prices are very good.

"Horrible horrible horrible"

Trip Verified | Horrible horrible horrible! Would give a zero if able! Layout is extremely confusing with not clear enough directions. Bathrooms are filthy. Waited in line to get through security only to find 1 person letting people through. Person in front of me was pulled for additional screening but all of her things left on the belt getting crushed because they kept pushing bags through. This continued to happen even after they were alerted of the problem. Once in the gates we found only one place to buy food (coffee shop) and nowhere to sit. I caved and did buy food at the coffee shop since we wouldn’t be at our next destination for 10 hours and found it overpriced and dry. It was 25 Euros for 2 small hot chocolates, a bottle of water, and 2 muffins. Despite being the waiting area for multiple international flights they only had about 20 chairs for each flight. We arrived extra early as you are expected to for international flights and had to stand for 2 hours. Horrible, horrible experience overall. Avoid at all cost.
Date VisitMay 2018

"Very comfortable waiting areas"

Trip Verified | Very beautiful. Immaculate. Very comfortable waiting areas with well designed seats that respect passengers need for resting between flights. Outstanding airport!
Date VisitMay 2018

"3 hour line for passport check"

Trip Verified | Horrible 3 hour line for passport check. Will Never go back to France until this is corrected. Abuse of passengers, we arrive tired and already abused by airlines, give us a decent check in system. Worst experience have ever had in any airport.
Date VisitMay 2018

"Overall, an awful airport"

Not Verified | This airport is possibly the worst I have ever travelled through. Rude staff, 1.5 hour check-in queues (even if it was Good Friday, they could have opened more counters!). They didn’t open more until 15 minutes before check-in was meant to close. When we finally did get through, we had to take a transit to our gate area, then walk for a long time to our gate. However, as soon as we arrived at our gate, they changed the gate to the other side of the gate area! When we arrived at the other end, they’d lost our bags! Overall, an awful airport.

"nice, clean, friendly"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Nice, clean, friendly. However: The security guy at the Air France baggage control not good. He asked me to control the size of my hand bag while the others have bigger but he didn't stop them. In the toilet, there is a machine selling a toothbrush but when I put the money in, nothing came out for me. I had to call the service and waited for nearly 30 minutes. Besides these uncomfortable things, I very appreciate the airport staff, especially the receptionist at the Air France desk.
Date VisitApril 2018

"efficient airport experience"

Trip Verified | Arrived Paris/CDG terminal 2E on 28th March, departed same terminal 3rd April. This was my first trip to Paris in 18 years and I was fully prepared for a horror show, having read the reviews here - but the actual trip turned out quite differently. Bag drop was quick, security took only about 3min, plenty of seating was available, and the terminal was quite clean (including the rest rooms); passport control had a moderate queue but it moved quickly. Only real criticism I could make is that the place really could use some more places to eat and drink post-security. It's not perfect (what airport is?) but on these showings CDG provided an efficient airport experience.
Date VisitApril 2018

"airport is a disgrace"

(Russian Federation)

Not Verified | Needed 3 hrs and 45 minutes at CDG and at a normal Wednesday plus out of peak season to change the aircrafts arriving from Sao Paulo Brazil and departing to St. Petersburg Russia. I do have a problem with walking and standing at my age, I'm 68. None of the staff cares or offers help for the disabled, pregnant, or children respectively. Because I am fluent in French but disguised it I could understand the staff hanging around there making jokes about the poor passengers queueing up endlessly. That French main airport is a disgrace for the civilized world I must say. Besides the queues, the food offered is an overprized and lousy trash, the beer is warm, the service is not interested in you at all. Avoid that airport in all circumstances.
Date VisitMarch 2018

"never seen anything worse than CDG"

(Lebanon)

Trip Verified | As usual CDG ruins our lives, hundreds of people waiting in line at terminal 2E gate M for the security check yet only 1 out of 7 doors are working for no reason whatsoever. The staff are not even aware that people are missing their flights by the second. I have never lived a positive experience in this failed airport. I’m booked on an Air France transit so they should know that it’s impossible for me to make it on time without begging people to let me pass through, that and I’m lucky because my first flight from BES to CDG actually landed 20 minutes earlier, if not I would have lost my job in BEY. 1 staff member serving hundreds of angry passengers, 8 doors available. That’s CDG every time and I travel like twice a month at least due to my job. I’ve never seen anything worse than CDG.
Date VisitMarch 2018

"amazed at how poor the security appears"

Not Verified | I have been in Paris this week on business and my husband joined me for a couple of days. At the moment I am a weekly visitor to the airport and always amazed at how poor the security appears to be compared to Manchester, England. Yesterday my husband went to travel home and between the two of us we got our passports mixed up. Our fault of course and as soon as I notice this I immediately phoned my husband to let him know there was a problem. He was unaware and was sat at the gate happy the experience at the airport had been so easy. So in simple terms he had managed to get through two tiers of security, one being passport control, with the passport of his wife. Shocking how could that happen. He ended up flanked by two policemen demanding how it had happened. Think they were asking the wrong person. Disgraceful CDG - sort yourself out.