Volaris

"never fly this airline again"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Cancun via Mexico City. One of the worst flights I’ve ever taken. My original Flight was cancelled and I was sent a text message in Spanish. I called customer service and it was like they didn’t even realize what an inconvenience it was to change. Our flight was delayed from LA and we almost missed our connecting flight from Mexico City to Cancun. Our 2nd flight was delayed to Cancun as well, with no explanation. Very poor customer service and serious language barriers. I will never fly this airline again, the headache isn’t worth the money saved.
RouteLos Angeles to Cancun via Mexico City
Date FlownNovember 2017

"pay extra to fly a real airline"

Verified Review | I am traveling with my 3 year old son, I looked online to see if I could find information / cost about taking his car seat and stroller, I could only come up with info on minors under 2. I called and spoke to an agent and then to a supervisor, they both tell me they cannot offer me a price on what it would cost if I wanted to take my son's car seat and stroller, those prices could only be determined at the airport. I explained to her that how could I take it not knowing the cost and then possibly be charged some outrageous price and have to leave it behind. How is it possible that as an airline you do not have an option for parents traveling with toddlers? She said that it was possible that I could be charged upwards of $100 as extra luggage for his stroller or car seat, I explained but this is not luggage and I would be checking it at the gate, again she said I would have to find out cost at the airport. Again I questioned how is this possible, I need to know the cost before I decide to take it or not other than risking having to leave it behind at the airport, well apparently they do not provide that service for parents traveling with toddlers. Do yourselves the favor and pay the extra cost to fly with a real airline who has a clue.
RouteOakland to Guadalajara
Date FlownNovember 2017

"airline is pretty messed up"

Verified Review | We purchased a one way ticket from Mexico City to Los Angeles for Feb 26, 2017. On Feb 22, we received a notification saying that the flight was cancelled. I called the number given but was either put on hold or the one who answered can’t speak English. The phone reception was poor. I googled their other number and was put through. They booked me on a flight on Feb 25 but charged us $99.00. I felt that since the cancellation was caused by Volaris and not by me, I shouldn’t be charged. I filed a dispute with my credit card company but lost. The whole airline is pretty messed up, from the check in process which requires 3 different pieces of paper to onboard service. This is the second time I flew Volaris. The first time from Los Angeles to Guadalajara. The flight was delayed by almost 4 hours with no explanation. This time the flight was cancelled and we have to check out early from our hostel and have to pay a 50% penalty and of course no compensation. To make matter worse, my friend luggage was lost. My friend called so many times to ask for compensation. Volaris used a contractor and the contractor refused to compensate him. In the end, he got nothing back. I have been flying frequently since 2006 and this was my worst nightmare. I feel that the airline didn’t do enough to help. The last time I flew on a Mexico carrier was on AeroMexico. The airline supposed to fly to Los Angeles but end up in Tijuana and that was it. No more Volaris. I know it is cheaper but it is not worse the trouble. If you have a choice, spend a few dollar because we don’t take vacation all the time. If something goes wrong, you can’t count on Volaris to help you out.
RouteMexico City to Los Angeles
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"It is good value for price"

(Lithuania)

Verified Review | Flew Mexico City to Villahermosa with Volaris. There were no problems with this and two more flights. The staff were very helpful with free printing of the tickets. The plane boarding was on time and quick, plane landed even earlier than it was written in the ticket. The seats were comfortable, no problems with carry on baggage. It is good value for price.
RouteMexico City to Villahermosa
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"never use Volaris again"

(Mexico)

Verified Review | I bought a round ticket from Mexico to Austin, I bought and insurance they offer in case I needed to make a change, it is useless they will change your route at their convenience anyway. I checked in on July 5th and it took me 90 minutes to get checked in at the Volaris desk. The problem they cancelled a flight and had over 20 people complaining about it and their personnel was focus only on those passengers without taking care of the rest that were waiting. Long story short after complaining we were able to check in and needed to run to the gate because they didn't care- flight over booked. I'm flying back on Oct 4th from Austin to Mexico thru Guadalajara. I called to make sure everything was Ok with my flight and surprise the flight from Guadalajara to Mexico has been cancelled so they needed to reroute me through San Antonio - but I'm in Austin well they didn't care and won't pay for transportation, they make their problem my problem and didn't care a bit. I requested they they booked me in another airline but they rejected to do so, and they can't reimburse the ticket because it is all bought at once like round trip. To solve my problem for choosing Volaris, I needed to purchase an extra ticket with another airline from Guadalajara to Mexico City. They offered a $1,000 voucher for future flights, but would you trust Volaris again - I definitely won't. If they would care a little they had my mobile and email to contact me in advanced to solve their problem but they decided not to, they were expecting me at the counter the day of my flight to surprise me and expected me to stayed in Guadalajara for a night at my own expense. I will not recommend anybody to travel with Volaris there are other airlines options within Mexico and overseas. Lack of customer service or interest to provide any assistance to their customers. Very disappointing. Will never use Volaris again. Ground services, seats comfort, food, beverage, etc have no relevance when the main service is denied like they did which is taking you from point A to B which by the way you have already paid for it. If you want to have a nice experience with your travel flight plans don't choose Volaris.
RouteAustin to Mexico City via Guadalajara
Date FlownOctober 2017

"miles behind others in its class"

Verified Review | Mexico City to Puerto Vallarta. Mexico's budget airline is miles behind others in its class. After booking two cheap flights (chiefly because 1 free bag is included), we were greeted with the rude awakening of getting what you pay for. Horrendous customer service, shady booking practices, no legroom, dirty planes, flight attendants with attitude, and questionable pilots. We even made the mistake of booking two flights before we knew what we had done. The first misstep we encountered was right from the get go in the booking system. They try to "offer" you a second bag (that they add on to the reservation by default) on top of the already free first bag for an additional $30. If you don't catch it, good luck getting any money back as Volaris customer service has a "politic" of no refunds even if that extra bag was never even at the airport - a fact that would easily be verified by seeing the extra bag tag was never scanned. They also seem to take up a position of passing off customer service to other departments as we called the call center's Mexican number only to have them tell us to contact them in writing. Upon doing so they tried to send us back to the call center and even gave us a US number (since we needed English assistance it would seem) that was not in service. When the written response produced no results, we were told to contact the feedback department to tell them about our experience. It was at this point we’d had had enough and felt we should warn people and help them avoid our nightmare instead.  After that, the hits just keep coming. Dirty undersized/broken trays. No legroom at all even for a 178 cm tall (5' 9") person sitting next to us. To top it all off the flight attendants on our flight from Guadalajara to Cancun ignored us and never brought the water we asked for even when they were walking by with the drink cart. Is this assessment of Volaris' business harsh? Not likely from what we've heard, and also not from our personal experiences with them and other carriers. If we were to recommend a Mexican airline for your travels (which is also the airline our agent recommended in the first place), Interjet's legroom was fantastic, drinks were good, flight attendants were polite, and we never had a reason to deal with customer service so our rating for them is a solid A+.
RouteMexico City to Puerto Vallarta
Date FlownAugust 2017

"express my great dissatisfaction"

Verified Review | Guadalajara to Chicago. I am taking the time to express my great dissatisfaction with my family’s experience while flying with the Volaris Airline. I am responsible for purchasing and organizing my mother’s flight during her vacation, she required a direct flight and that is what I confirmed when I purchased her flight ticket. On the way to Guadalajara, all went well and she made it safety to our family. However, on the return, she went to the airport at 5pm to catch a 7:15pm scheduled flight that apparently did not exist. She had a reservation that was not respected by the airline. We were never notified of the change until she stepped up to your ticket counter to check in. The airline has my email and phone number that would have made us accessible. But we received no communication about the change. My mother was made to believe that she mistaken about her reservation despite showing the ticket counter a screenshot of her reservation. Other patrons who complained at the same ticket counter over the exact same reason must have put up a better fight than my mother because she witness how a group of 5 women were put on a direct flight with sister airline. My mother is not the kind of person who would behave belligerent in public, I only regret not being present by her side to advocate on her behalf. She was put on a flight that had a 6 hour layover to Mexico City, only 2 days after a major earthquake , which not only made it undesirable for anyone to travel to Mexico City, it was also unsafe. She was hungry, tired, and she received no apology for the unprofessional flight experience she received. You can be sure that I will never reserve any flight with Volaris and will be sure to let everyone we know about our experience with this airline. I suggest that if Volaris sells a flight ticket, that they also inform people that their flight is subject to be changed without any notification, unless you purchase for additional amount their flight insurance . Evidently, that was necessary to insure that she actually keep her direct flight.
RouteGuadalajara to Chicago
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"never recommend this airline"

Verified Review | Guadalajara to San Francisco. I will never recommend this airline to any person flying to or from Mexico. My complaint comes from their lack of competency. On August 7, 2017 my family and I were flying back home after a two week vacation in Mexico. Our flight was scheduled to depart from Guadalajara International Airport at 7:16 am local time. We got to the airport about two and a half hours before departure but the airport was a complete mess from all angles. people lining up in lines that just went in circles and agents sending people to lines for domestic flights when they were flying international and vise versa. After about two hours in line and only minutes left for our flight to depart, it was finally our turn to get our boarding passes. I handed the ticket agent our passports along with my wife's U.S. green card. The agent scanned my kids passports and mine before getting to my wife's passport and green card. After the agent looked at my wifes passport he asked for her green card. My wife and I insisted to the agent that the green card was handed to the agent along with the passport but to no avail. After asking the agent to look around him to see if he had misplaced my wifes green card, he asked us to step aside to tend to other passengers. When he was done with the passengers he asked what we, as a family, wanted to do in regards to only my kids and me fly back home or if we all wanted to stay. While I was arguing with the agent to look one more time around him, I saw the Green card next to him in sight. After seeing that he had made a mistake and almost kicked my family off a plane due to this agents carelessness, the agent made no effort to apologize and stayed silent.
RouteGuadalajara to San Francisco
Date FlownAugust 2017

"Avoid using this airline"

Verified Review | Guadalajara to Sacramento. I arrived at Guadalajara airport 3 hours before my departure flight at least that was what the airline requested all passegengers to do, the Service crew at Guadalajara airport had only one line for all international flights that included Portland, Oakland and Sacramento and some other flights so try to imagine how big this line was they had us waiting 2 .5 hours standing waiting in line to be checked in. They did not had enough personnel to accommodate all international flights in one single line, all passengers were really tired and upset to the point that one customer started confronting the ground crew and all passengers applauded this passenger for voicing their frustration so obiously we end up departing late from Guadalajara to Sacramento. Avoid using this airline at all cost.
RouteGuadalajara to Sacramento
Date FlownAugust 2017

"never make up for their mistakes"

Verified Review | Tijuana to Culiacan. I have been flying Volaris for years now. I love the flight, but hate how they constantly screw the customer on any changes or cancellations. I guess they get away with it because they are a Mexican company. the latest fiasco was I purchased a ticket. 3 hours later tried to cancel, but they wouldn't let me and get my monies back. I spent hours on the phone with them. They tried to change my ticket instead. they only had change flights that were non direct, probably knowing I wouldn't do it. The direct were available per the online booking, but they never showed those flights if you wanted to change your ticket. It went on and on and on. hours and hours. They would never make up for their mistakes which were numerous.
RouteTijuana to Culiacan