Volaris

"avoid this airline if at all possible"

Trip Verified | My Volaris flight from Huatulco to Guadalajara was cancelled with 24 hours notice. This was in itself very annoying because I had to book a new flight with Aeromexico which cost $500 (2 PAX) as it was last minute. No reason or explanation was given but I suspect the airline had undersold the flight so consolidated two flights. To really add insult to injury the problem I have then had was getting a simple refund of the ticket. The airline never responds to email and I have had to call customer service each time. With each phone call they have requested a different thing. So first I had to provide my bank details, then they wanted a copy of my ID, then a bank statement proving my bank was my bank and the latest is signed letter from my bank authorising they refund me! I have visited over 100 countries and travelled on counless airlines. My advice would be avoid this airline if at all possible. It has the worst customer service I have ever experienced. In my case, they have taken my money, failed to provide any service at all and a year later I am still struggling to get my money back and that's just the ticket price. Forget about the substantial out of pocket expenses caused by the cancellation which I won't get back. Pay a little more and fly with a proper airline is my advice!
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteHuatulco to Guadalajara
Date FlownNovember 2017

"Worst airline I have traveled"

Trip Verified | Oakland to Morelia. Worst airline I have ever traveled with. Sells you something that they cannot deliver and charge you extra for ridiculous things never charged by other airlines. For instance, I was charged extra for a carry-on of a weight of 12 kilos 2 kilos more than "allowed", had never heard of that with other airlines. My bag was small just had my computer, camera and makeup as carry-on. not even close to exceeding the size allowed as a carry-on. I was charged $50.00 for 2 kilos. I also paid extra when checking-in for extra leg space. When I got to my seat 4F, the space was no where to be found. There is no inflight entertainment. The aircraft was old and with bad smell.
RouteOakland to Morelia
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"couldn't bring it as a carry-on"

Trip Verified | Toluca to San Jose Del Cabo. Everything seemed fine until I got to customs. My aunt had given me a small gift made of stone and pine to bring to my parents. Long story short, they told me I couldn't bring it as a carry-on and would need to check it in, for the equivalent of $100 USD. A word of advice: Don't fly Volaris. If you have no other choice, make absolute sure that you're not bringing anything that could be misconstrued as 'unsafe'.
RouteToluca to San Jose Del Cabo
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"customer service is awful"

Trip Verified | Seattle to Guadalajara. Their customer service is awful! They overcharge you, it may seem like you are saving when you are purchasing your tickets, but you are not, they will charge you everything and empty your wallet. The lines to check in are also insane. I’d much rather pay $100 more to fly on another airline, that is how bad it is.
RouteSeattle to Guadalajara
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"I had a super experience"

Trip Verified | Guatemala City to Managua via San Jose. We gave it a try on November 27th from San Jose CR to Gutemala City. Great flight! Super friendly staff, recent aircraft and even arrived before schedule time. No problem whatsoever with our luggage. We then decide to try them on a last minute flight: Guatemala city to San jose and San Jose to Managua Nicaragua. 2 flights same day. Great experience again! Both flights were on time, crew was great and no problem with our luggage : they arrived at the same time super fast! I had a super experience with Volaris 3 times in a month. I keep In mind the price.
RouteGuatemala City to Managua via San Jose

"Poor customer service

Trip Verified | Flew Volaris from Tijuana to Mexico City. Made reservations a few months ago. I received my confirmation, flight number, gate and time. I printed my reservation a week before. When I got to the airport, they had cancelled that flight. I never received any updates. So I had to wait 23 hours at the airport. I wasn't told till I was at the gate getting boarded. They suggested for me to go to downtown Tijuana at 2 am, not safe at all. The reservation also stated that luggage should weigh less then 55lbs or a fee will be applied. My baggage weight was 43lbs and they still charged me a fee. I'm 6 feet, 215lbs and I did not fit in those seats. When the passenger in front lowered their seat, my knees where hurting. Do not recommend this airline. Poor customer service.
RouteTijuana to Mexico City

"worst customer service"

(Mexico)

Trip Verified | Cancun to Aguascalientes. 5 hours delay, meals compensation tickets for $8 us dollars (one coffee at airport), worst customer service experience. If I could I wouldn't fly again with this airline. Manager in a really bad attitude. My luggage was 10.4 kg. And they charged me an additional luggage for $25 US just because of 400 grams. It is supposed to be better than a economy airline but other economy airlines do it better and cheaper.
RouteCancun to Aguascalientes

"do not fly Volaris"

Trip Verified | Puebla to Tijuana. Zero stars would be a more accurate rating.  This airline, is unprofessional, unreliable, and dishonest.  They do not communicate with their customers about delays or changes.  The staff have lost any empathy and concern.  They bring back people to them by offering 80% off, but you will pay for it. I had a 9 hour delay in Puebla, they had us sit in the freezing airport overnight, when 24 hours in advance they new that the flight was going to be delayed.  Yet they had close to 200 passengers waiting, with no communication, no accommodations, and no answers.  The flight was not cheap and to that, add a day of missed work due to the delay.  They will continue this behavior until we stop flying with them.  So my advice, do not fly Volaris, you will regret it, you will learn the hard way.  I do not base my review on one experience, it has happened multiple times.
RoutePuebla to Tijuana
Date FlownNovember 2017

"save yourself the disappointment"

Trip Verified | We are currently living the hell that Volaris puts you through with their CBX flights. First of all, I am traveling with my 3yr old and 6 yr old from Tijuana to Cancun and booked my direct flights for the thanksgiving holiday in February. Two days before I thought I was departing I saw that my dates with my hotel stay and flight schedule were not matching up so I called the airline and they said they had to change it because the flight was either cancelled, had technical difficulties or what not. I asked them why they hadn’t sent me an email verification when this was switched and the rep on the phone said “we usually do, I don’t know what happened”. I asked what date they would have sent such an email and he didn’t have one for me to verify. The rep proceeded to tell me that unfortunately all of the direct flights were booked and the only ones they had available were ones with 6 hour layovers to and from. Since I had no choice I took it with a compensation of 1000 pesos per passenger for a future flight within 6 months with Volaris. The layover was brutal with my little boys and they ended up getting sick because of the over night layover so their fun vacation was ruined and constrained to sleeping and medicine in the hotel room for 3 days. We mentally prepared ourselves for the brutal way back and we waited it out at the airport in Mexico City from 25th to the 26th and 5am when we were supposed to board our flight back to Tijuana. At 5 am volaris announced that the flight was cancelled due to weather without further notice. They cancelled 2 more Tijuana flights after that and there were riots and very angry customers. They weren’t worried about solving the problem whatsoever. Since I was traveling with my kids I chose to hide out in the Grant Elite in Mexico City which was a saving grace. My husband was able to get a flight that wouldn’t leave Mexico City until 1:53pm and not to TJ but to Puerto Vallarta where we are supposed to get a connect to TJ but not until another 4 hour layover. We just landed in Puerto Vallarta and asked the rep if we were going to be able to take off or not for TJ with the weather, and her response was “it looks like everything is on time and weather seems good, but if anything changes we will let you know”. So now the dilemma is if we wait 4 hrs to find out we can't get to TJ another night when we could (out of our own pocket because Volaris won’t compensate anything) get a hotel for our babies to finally get some good rest after 24hr airport hell! I’m so disappointed and will never fly Volaris again. Save yourself the disappointment and pay the extra money to fly internationally and preferably not with Volaris. Beware of the CBX / TJ trap as well because they made us fork out $300 just to enter into Mexico, but when we argued we were only vacationing a week the airport immigration man said that since we were “already in line we had to pay now”. Then after a rush of people started coming he went to the immigration desk and started stamping passports — no longer making people stand in a side line to pay.
RouteTijuana to Cancun
Date FlownNovember 2017

"cancelled our flight again"

Trip Verified | Cancun to Tijuana. Volaris cancelled our flight again. Just an e-mail, no calls, no options. Supposedly due to weather. Customer service hanged up on me twice. Worst at the counter. Make up flight delayed three times, and finally took off at 4:36am, from the original time of 6pm the previous day! This has got to be the worst airline in the world!
RouteCancun to Tijuana