Top 100 Airlines

Volaris

"total lack of respect"

Verified Review | Volaris traveler beware! You need to read the fine print in the Volaris legal section first. For an international travel you need to arrive at the Volaris counter 180 minutes before departure. On April 27th 2016 I arrived 60 minutes before departure at Chicago Midway to fly to Morelia, Mexico, and no one was present (see photo). I was not able to figure out how to print out my boarding pass from an email sent from Volaris. Therefore I had no means to get through TSA to the boarding gate, and had only a back pack as a carry on, so no baggage to check in, (I think). After reading numerous other Volaris customer complaints this might not be correct, as nearly any carry on is charged for. Bottom line is the flight left without me. Talking to Volaris employees on the phone they could care less (too bad, so sad), and I'm out the cost of this nontrip, time, and cost to park near Midway Airport for 6 days. Going to the Volaris website to make a complaint is a waste of time, as this airline does not have any means to so. Emailing two different email addresses that appear to be public relations contacts results in one email address that bounces, and the other will not reply. Bottom line, flying with Volaris read all the fine print and be prepared to pay extra for anything connected with the flying experience. I've flown internationally with other airlines to Europe, Asia, and Africa and never encountered the "180 minute prior to departure rule", or the unwillingness to communicate about an issue, or total lack of respect for the customer.
RouteMDW to MLM
Date FlownApril 2016

"the service was terrible"

Verified Review | I had the worst experience coming home with Volaris recently from Cancun, Mexico to Newark, NJ. I arrived back Friday April 8 and from boarding to landing the service was terrible. I paid extra for front row seats on the plane and I wasn't accommodated for anything. The crew were rude and not polite. They didn't want to help at all. I will never fly with this airline again.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteCUN to EWR
Date FlownApril 2016

"we did not have seats"

Mexico City to Mazatlan with Volaris. Stood in line for over an hour before they helped us. Then when we finally were helped, we gave them our flight information and they left the check in area. The clerk came back about 15 minutes later to tell us that they overbooked our flight and that we did not have seats. They told us that we never had seats on the plane, even though we had booked the flight and chosen seats months in advance.
RouteMEX to MZT
Date FlownMarch 2016

"has to be the worst airline"

Oakland to Guadalajara. This has to be the worst airline I have traveled with. The service is atrocious, not to mention the pricing tactics and overpriced "add-ons" they force you to pay for. I must admit their apparent low prices are very tempting and are what draw you in, however at the end of the day you end up paying way more and a few dollars isn't worth the stress they cause. I've flown on this airline on several routes out of many airports and the service is appalling. The crew have no regard for their paying customers and have no problem insulting you, pushing you around and coercing you into paying them more money. More than once, I gave in at the time I reserved and paid extra to bring a carry-on : only to be told I hadn't paid for it when I arrived at the airport with a printout showing I paid for it. They employees are unethical and have no problem coercing more money out of you or making up "extra fees" at the time of check-in. The flight attendants have no qualms about being rude to the passengers and condescending when you ask them a question even though they are usually the ones who can't comprehend what you are trying to explain to them. Imagine my surprise when I go to print a boarding pass for a flight tonight, and now their flight again magically doesn't include the carry-on? I'm sure when we arrive at the airport they will do their usual routine and try to coerce another $60 for two bags. Don't waste your time with this joke of a company.
RouteOAK to GDL
Date FlownJuly 2015

"service was fine"

Guadalajara to Tijuana with Volaris was a very nice and smooth flight. Little turbulence and banking. Service on the ground seemed enough to get you to the gate. Once boarding began it seemed as if I was rush hour with no control but in a controllable way. Service in the air was fine but just seemed routine without making you feel totally welcomed. For the price I paid it seemed fine because it was very low cost.
RouteGDL to TIJ
Date FlownNovember 2015

"online service is horrible"

Guadalajara to Houston. Airport service was very slow. I paid extra for personal service and got none. I waited for about 35 minutes in line just like everyone else. The plane was ok and the staff OK, only food to buy which is fine. The seats are adequate. Nothing particularly good or bad except the price was a bit better than others. I wish there was direct flight competition as the online service is horrible. I can't get anything from anyone online and the mobile APP is absolutely worthless. I am very disappointed in the management of this airline as they fly what I want to use.
RouteGDL to IAH
Date FlownDecember 2015

"will not travel airline again"

Terrible Airline! We traveled from Mexico City to Los Angeles, included 1 checked bag, and 1 small (very small) personal bag in the airplane (purse size). Anything else at additional cost. Flight got delayed because the airline didn't have crew. We waited 1.5 hours for the crew to arrive. Airplane was old, all drinks and food at additional cost, This airline doesn't have designated gate in LAX. We had to get transferred in a shuttle to the terminal (not fun at 12 midnight). On our arrival to Los Angeles we waited for 2 hours to get our bags. Every 15 minutes we got 2-3 bags in the carrousel. Everyone was super frustrated!. Volaris staff didn't do anything about it and they didn't communicate to us the reason of this delay. I will not travel this airline again.
RouteMEX to LAX
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"do not recommend this service"

Terrible service! I bought a Volaris service where an employee escorts my mother to the plane and takes care of her baggage because my mother suffers of blindness. This service was terrible because they forgot to escort my mother into the airplane and left her waiting until a gentleman who noticed the situation went and told the employees. Then the escort made my mother carry baggage that was not even hers. They treated her terribly and did not help her at all. I do not recommend this service to anyone!
RouteTIJ to PBC
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"best flying experience"

Chicago to Leon. Very clean airplane, friendly crew, lots of leg room, large cabin space for storage and nice snacks! Efficient and diligent staff. Volaris offers reasonable fares compared to several American carriers. My best flying experience!
RouteIAD to LEN

"poor customer service"

(Sweden)

Our Volaris flight was delayed 12hrs. Stood in line for check in for 2hrs, where there prior the recommended time, when we arrived they said it was overbooked. False information about time and fishy rebookings to flights after that never showed up so more and more delays. No reliable information and service around the situation. Given you false hope 2hours at the time to avoid compensation. No structure and total chaos so people that waited shorter got flights earlier than you. Poorly handled from beginning to the end. I have never experienced such a poor customer service. Delays can happen but it's how you take care of your customers that matters. Would avoid this airline to any cause. You want to deal with professional people and feel safe and taken care of when these things happens. At least an honest answer regarding the departure so you could do something with the time.
RouteMexico City to Cancun