top100_2016

Volaris

"pay or throw it to the trash"

Guadalajara to Tijuana. Terrible. I have a toddler flying with a car seat at 11pm, they told me I could not check It in for free at the bottom of the airplane when it clearly states on their website this is done without any additional feeds. I flew 4 times from Tijuana/Guadalajara/ Cancun back and forth within these two weeks, nobody said anything until our last flight coming back to Tijuana from Guadalajara. They were trying to charge us 1000 pesos in order for me to be able to add in on the bottom of the plane all because it had cup holders so they considered it too be non infant! Ridiculous! Extremely disappointed. They said pay or throw it to the trash. 3 rating for the service inside the airplane.
RouteGDL to TIJ
Date FlownJuly 2016

"experiences were very positive"

My experiences were very positive. I traveled from Tijuana to La Paz and back in May 2016 and in April-May 2015. The planes were on time and the people were friendly. The seats were more spacious and more comfortable than the economy passenger seats in the US based airlines. One checked bag is figured into the ticket pricing. The above seat stowage of carry on bags was ample for good sized bags. Food could be purchased, which was not a problem for me. I was thoroughly pleased and will definitely travel with them again.
RouteTIJ to LAP
Date FlownMay 2016

"definitely not recommended"

Verified Review | Guadalajara to Los Angeles with Volaris. As I was arriving to the airport to return to Los Angeles I got a call from the airline saying my flight had been cancelled. I had driven 2 hours to get to the airport. They never once told me why my flight had been cancelled. They told me I had to speak with an agent at the Volaris desk. Once I got to the agent I was told the next available flight they would provide would be the following day in the afternoon. This to me was not possible so I had to buy another ticket to a different airport. If they are going to cancel a flight they should inform the passengers in a timely manner. Definitely not recommended.
RouteGDL to LAX
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"total lack of respect"

Verified Review | Volaris traveler beware! You need to read the fine print in the Volaris legal section first. For an international travel you need to arrive at the Volaris counter 180 minutes before departure. On April 27th 2016 I arrived 60 minutes before departure at Chicago Midway to fly to Morelia, Mexico, and no one was present (see photo). I was not able to figure out how to print out my boarding pass from an email sent from Volaris. Therefore I had no means to get through TSA to the boarding gate, and had only a back pack as a carry on, so no baggage to check in, (I think). After reading numerous other Volaris customer complaints this might not be correct, as nearly any carry on is charged for. Bottom line is the flight left without me. Talking to Volaris employees on the phone they could care less (too bad, so sad), and I'm out the cost of this nontrip, time, and cost to park near Midway Airport for 6 days. Going to the Volaris website to make a complaint is a waste of time, as this airline does not have any means to so. Emailing two different email addresses that appear to be public relations contacts results in one email address that bounces, and the other will not reply. Bottom line, flying with Volaris read all the fine print and be prepared to pay extra for anything connected with the flying experience. I've flown internationally with other airlines to Europe, Asia, and Africa and never encountered the "180 minute prior to departure rule", or the unwillingness to communicate about an issue, or total lack of respect for the customer.
RouteMDW to MLM
Date FlownApril 2016

"the service was terrible"

Verified Review | I had the worst experience coming home with Volaris recently from Cancun, Mexico to Newark, NJ. I arrived back Friday April 8 and from boarding to landing the service was terrible. I paid extra for front row seats on the plane and I wasn't accommodated for anything. The crew were rude and not polite. They didn't want to help at all. I will never fly with this airline again.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteCUN to EWR
Date FlownApril 2016

"we did not have seats"

Mexico City to Mazatlan with Volaris. Stood in line for over an hour before they helped us. Then when we finally were helped, we gave them our flight information and they left the check in area. The clerk came back about 15 minutes later to tell us that they overbooked our flight and that we did not have seats. They told us that we never had seats on the plane, even though we had booked the flight and chosen seats months in advance.
RouteMEX to MZT
Date FlownMarch 2016

"has to be the worst airline"

Oakland to Guadalajara. This has to be the worst airline I have traveled with. The service is atrocious, not to mention the pricing tactics and overpriced "add-ons" they force you to pay for. I must admit their apparent low prices are very tempting and are what draw you in, however at the end of the day you end up paying way more and a few dollars isn't worth the stress they cause. I've flown on this airline on several routes out of many airports and the service is appalling. The crew have no regard for their paying customers and have no problem insulting you, pushing you around and coercing you into paying them more money. More than once, I gave in at the time I reserved and paid extra to bring a carry-on : only to be told I hadn't paid for it when I arrived at the airport with a printout showing I paid for it. They employees are unethical and have no problem coercing more money out of you or making up "extra fees" at the time of check-in. The flight attendants have no qualms about being rude to the passengers and condescending when you ask them a question even though they are usually the ones who can't comprehend what you are trying to explain to them. Imagine my surprise when I go to print a boarding pass for a flight tonight, and now their flight again magically doesn't include the carry-on? I'm sure when we arrive at the airport they will do their usual routine and try to coerce another $60 for two bags. Don't waste your time with this joke of a company.
RouteOAK to GDL
Date FlownJuly 2015

"service was fine"

Guadalajara to Tijuana with Volaris was a very nice and smooth flight. Little turbulence and banking. Service on the ground seemed enough to get you to the gate. Once boarding began it seemed as if I was rush hour with no control but in a controllable way. Service in the air was fine but just seemed routine without making you feel totally welcomed. For the price I paid it seemed fine because it was very low cost.
RouteGDL to TIJ
Date FlownNovember 2015

"online service is horrible"

Guadalajara to Houston. Airport service was very slow. I paid extra for personal service and got none. I waited for about 35 minutes in line just like everyone else. The plane was ok and the staff OK, only food to buy which is fine. The seats are adequate. Nothing particularly good or bad except the price was a bit better than others. I wish there was direct flight competition as the online service is horrible. I can't get anything from anyone online and the mobile APP is absolutely worthless. I am very disappointed in the management of this airline as they fly what I want to use.
RouteGDL to IAH
Date FlownDecember 2015

"will not travel airline again"

Terrible Airline! We traveled from Mexico City to Los Angeles, included 1 checked bag, and 1 small (very small) personal bag in the airplane (purse size). Anything else at additional cost. Flight got delayed because the airline didn't have crew. We waited 1.5 hours for the crew to arrive. Airplane was old, all drinks and food at additional cost, This airline doesn't have designated gate in LAX. We had to get transferred in a shuttle to the terminal (not fun at 12 midnight). On our arrival to Los Angeles we waited for 2 hours to get our bags. Every 15 minutes we got 2-3 bags in the carrousel. Everyone was super frustrated!. Volaris staff didn't do anything about it and they didn't communicate to us the reason of this delay. I will not travel this airline again.
RouteMEX to LAX