Volaris

Review by (United States) 18th July 2015

Our family will not be flying with this airline again. Their flights are constantly off schedule. We had a terrible experience, which ruined our vacation. We were flying out of Tijuana to Cancun with a connecting flight in Mexico City. When we checked in they said our connection to Mexico City was late and they changed our connection which caused us to arrive late to our Cancun vacation. We had planned to arrive in Cancun early morning. We were very disappointed! We ended up traveling all day as opposed to just half a day just because our original connecting flight was late. In fact, most of the connecting flights we had with then during this vacation were off schedule. There was a lot of waiting around! This is pretty disappointing since this was our go to airline. However, we will now be shopping for another airline. Also, they offer no complimentary beverages or food/snack on board.
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure
RouteTijuana to Cancun

Review by (United States) 14th July 2015

Their website is a joke, call center is worse. I spent hours online trying to pay for an extra piece of luggage the day before I traveled. The website would not allow me to prepay it just kept taking me back to the home page. I tried calling the call center and got the same thing, a recorded message advertising all the additional services but no live person to talk to. I ended up having to pay at check-in and was made to pay $100.00 for one extra bag. When I voiced the issues with their website I was told I should have called the call center. Also, the live chat feature on their website does not work (big surprise). To add insult to injury, they said my carry on was too big and wanted me to pay another $100.00 to check that bag!! Same carry on I use at other airlines with no issues. I said forget it and asked them bring the bag I had just paid $100.00 to check, so that I could put my carry on items in that bag. I was told "that's not going to happen" even though I could still see my bag on the belt. At this point I threw a fit right there at the LAX counter. Thirty minutes later I was given back my bag. I am normally a very calm person but what made the whole experience so irritating was the rude and condescending attitude from the Volaris reps. Absolutely no attempt to try to make one feel better about being ripped off. Same thing happened with the website and call center when I tried to pay for the extra luggage on the return trip. This time I actually called another number as if I wanted to buy a new ticket and that's how I finally got a live representative on the phone. He was nice and was able to add the extra bag in advance. It still cost $65.00 for the extra bag but I guess it's better than $100.00. Total round trip cost LAX to Aguas Calientes = $545.00. I could have flown a First Class airline for that price.
RouteLAX to Aguas Calientes

Review by (United States) 24th April 2015

I flew Volaris 901 17 April LAX-MEX and carried my allowed small luggage with me that perfectly fit on upper compartment and was on policy per Volaris/IATA regulations. On my return flight 926 MEX-LAX the check in personnel asked me to pay over 40.00 dollars if I wanted to carry the same small luggage. I told her I had just few in from LAX with that particular luggage and it was no problem it more than fit the regulations and there was no Policy stating I should pay. She told me they were having an "audit" and the finance personnel will be waiting at the entrance of the plane so I should pay her 40.00 or pay double at the entrance. I refused and of course there was nobody at the entrance "collecting: money. Now the problem is that other 6 passengers did pay to be allowed to carry their small luggage that perfectly fit the compartment and was within regulations. Some clients paid 80.00 USD others between 40.00-50.00 USD. am not the only one that decided to never again use Volaris.

Review by (United States) 1st April 2015

I flew Sacramento to Guadalahara. The fare itself was not so cheap the round trip was around $565. To choose a seat I had to pay $13. Then at the gate even though the website says you can have a carry on bag they charged me $40 for the bag and no receipt. They don't even give you water for free. No one should be flying this poor excuse of an airline.

Review by (Australia) 31st December 2014

LAX-GDL then GDL-MEX. Nice modern aircraft on both legs. Flights were cheap which is why we went via Guadalajara - which is a pleasant airport for a quick layover. Boarding system is among the strangest I've seen - each seat is assigned a group with which to board (1-4) but the group assignment seemed completely arbitrary and not related to place in the cabin as would be expected. Also they make you line up in your group rather than just call one group at a time felt like primary school. Legroom is absolutely horrendous. I'm 6'2 and my knees were banged up against the hard back of the seat in front even before it had reclined. Would have been somewhat forgivable had the seat back not been so hard. The seat itself is also quite uncomfortable. I'd actually say this is probably the worst airline seat I've sat in. Staff are expectedly inattentive for a low cost airline. They're also very inconsistent with their decision to translate from Spanish to English - some announcements are more important than others obviously? The lady next to me on one of the flights ordered the buy-on-board nachos which looked awful (canned cheese plus corn chips) so I didn't bother with any of that. No inflight entertainment to speak of outside their magazine. Would recommend avoiding Volaris if you value legroom.

Review by (France) 3rd November 2014

Mexico City (MEX) and La Paz (LAP). My flight was cancelled without reason. However I was able to rebooked another flight without any additional fees and got a free emergency exit seat. Very good service in the airport. Seats were comfy in a modern aircraft.
Seat Comfort N/A

Review by (Mexico) 31st October 2014

I just flew from Bajio to Tijuana two days ago and my experience was negative. Low cost airline is false. They charge on separate basis for everything at a very high rate - ticket boarding pass snacks water luggage etc. Seat pitch is very tight so I couldn't work with my computer because I couldn't open it. Flight attendants are young without good people handling. The only good thing they are doing is the boarding procedure.

Review by (United States) 28th October 2014

I also was nervous about flying Volaris after reading the negative reviews. I have since flown them twice and will be making another flight in two weeks' time. Suffice it to say that I was more than pleasantly surprised at the quality and service of my trip. Delta Airlines which we always flew everywhere can't compete with these prices quality of service clean and new planes and helpful personnel on board. All my flights have either been spot on time or early. I give them very high marks.

Review by (United States) 28th May 2014

I was really nervous before my trip to Cancun. However my experience was great. We boarded on time staff were friendly and our departure/arrival process was smooth. I'm used to flying with Southwest and getting complimentary drinks/snacks for the flights so I was disappointed that wasn't the case with Volaris. But for the price I paid for my flight I can't say I was surprised either. To put my trip into perspective I booked a ticket in February to Cancun for Memorial Day week (6 days 5 nights from Thursday to Tuesday). Vacation hotspot for a holiday. After tax and travel insurance I only paid about $540 for a red eye flight. I had no issues in regards to the negative reviews I read very positive experience.

Review by (Mexico) 28th April 2014

Volaris puts other low cost airlines to shame. I've just moved to Mexico City from England and was a little nervous of using them for a trip to the coast having had past bad experiences with the likes of Ryanair and EasyJet. What a difference! Brand new beautifully clean planes with comfy leather seats highly efficient bi- lingual staff check-in and bag drop took 5 minutes no extra charges other than a light snack on board and an instant upgrade to the larger emergency exit seats due to my husband being a big unit. Not bad for £35 each. Yes people this is Mexico a country not known for great customer service.