Volaris

"I had a super experience"

Trip Verified | Guatemala City to Managua via San Jose. We gave it a try on November 27th from San Jose CR to Gutemala City. Great flight! Super friendly staff, recent aircraft and even arrived before schedule time. No problem whatsoever with our luggage. We then decide to try them on a last minute flight: Guatemala city to San jose and San Jose to Managua Nicaragua. 2 flights same day. Great experience again! Both flights were on time, crew was great and no problem with our luggage : they arrived at the same time super fast! I had a super experience with Volaris 3 times in a month. I keep In mind the price.
RouteGuatemala City to Managua via San Jose

"Poor customer service

Trip Verified | Flew Volaris from Tijuana to Mexico City. Made reservations a few months ago. I received my confirmation, flight number, gate and time. I printed my reservation a week before. When I got to the airport, they had cancelled that flight. I never received any updates. So I had to wait 23 hours at the airport. I wasn't told till I was at the gate getting boarded. They suggested for me to go to downtown Tijuana at 2 am, not safe at all. The reservation also stated that luggage should weigh less then 55lbs or a fee will be applied. My baggage weight was 43lbs and they still charged me a fee. I'm 6 feet, 215lbs and I did not fit in those seats. When the passenger in front lowered their seat, my knees where hurting. Do not recommend this airline. Poor customer service.
RouteTijuana to Mexico City

"worst customer service"

(Mexico)

Trip Verified | Cancun to Aguascalientes. 5 hours delay, meals compensation tickets for $8 us dollars (one coffee at airport), worst customer service experience. If I could I wouldn't fly again with this airline. Manager in a really bad attitude. My luggage was 10.4 kg. And they charged me an additional luggage for $25 US just because of 400 grams. It is supposed to be better than a economy airline but other economy airlines do it better and cheaper.
RouteCancun to Aguascalientes

"do not fly Volaris"

Trip Verified | Puebla to Tijuana. Zero stars would be a more accurate rating.  This airline, is unprofessional, unreliable, and dishonest.  They do not communicate with their customers about delays or changes.  The staff have lost any empathy and concern.  They bring back people to them by offering 80% off, but you will pay for it. I had a 9 hour delay in Puebla, they had us sit in the freezing airport overnight, when 24 hours in advance they new that the flight was going to be delayed.  Yet they had close to 200 passengers waiting, with no communication, no accommodations, and no answers.  The flight was not cheap and to that, add a day of missed work due to the delay.  They will continue this behavior until we stop flying with them.  So my advice, do not fly Volaris, you will regret it, you will learn the hard way.  I do not base my review on one experience, it has happened multiple times.
RoutePuebla to Tijuana
Date FlownNovember 2017

"save yourself the disappointment"

Trip Verified | We are currently living the hell that Volaris puts you through with their CBX flights. First of all, I am traveling with my 3yr old and 6 yr old from Tijuana to Cancun and booked my direct flights for the thanksgiving holiday in February. Two days before I thought I was departing I saw that my dates with my hotel stay and flight schedule were not matching up so I called the airline and they said they had to change it because the flight was either cancelled, had technical difficulties or what not. I asked them why they hadn’t sent me an email verification when this was switched and the rep on the phone said “we usually do, I don’t know what happened”. I asked what date they would have sent such an email and he didn’t have one for me to verify. The rep proceeded to tell me that unfortunately all of the direct flights were booked and the only ones they had available were ones with 6 hour layovers to and from. Since I had no choice I took it with a compensation of 1000 pesos per passenger for a future flight within 6 months with Volaris. The layover was brutal with my little boys and they ended up getting sick because of the over night layover so their fun vacation was ruined and constrained to sleeping and medicine in the hotel room for 3 days. We mentally prepared ourselves for the brutal way back and we waited it out at the airport in Mexico City from 25th to the 26th and 5am when we were supposed to board our flight back to Tijuana. At 5 am volaris announced that the flight was cancelled due to weather without further notice. They cancelled 2 more Tijuana flights after that and there were riots and very angry customers. They weren’t worried about solving the problem whatsoever. Since I was traveling with my kids I chose to hide out in the Grant Elite in Mexico City which was a saving grace. My husband was able to get a flight that wouldn’t leave Mexico City until 1:53pm and not to TJ but to Puerto Vallarta where we are supposed to get a connect to TJ but not until another 4 hour layover. We just landed in Puerto Vallarta and asked the rep if we were going to be able to take off or not for TJ with the weather, and her response was “it looks like everything is on time and weather seems good, but if anything changes we will let you know”. So now the dilemma is if we wait 4 hrs to find out we can't get to TJ another night when we could (out of our own pocket because Volaris won’t compensate anything) get a hotel for our babies to finally get some good rest after 24hr airport hell! I’m so disappointed and will never fly Volaris again. Save yourself the disappointment and pay the extra money to fly internationally and preferably not with Volaris. Beware of the CBX / TJ trap as well because they made us fork out $300 just to enter into Mexico, but when we argued we were only vacationing a week the airport immigration man said that since we were “already in line we had to pay now”. Then after a rush of people started coming he went to the immigration desk and started stamping passports — no longer making people stand in a side line to pay.
RouteTijuana to Cancun
Date FlownNovember 2017

"cancelled our flight again"

Trip Verified | Cancun to Tijuana. Volaris cancelled our flight again. Just an e-mail, no calls, no options. Supposedly due to weather. Customer service hanged up on me twice. Worst at the counter. Make up flight delayed three times, and finally took off at 4:36am, from the original time of 6pm the previous day! This has got to be the worst airline in the world!
RouteCancun to Tijuana
Date FlownNovember 2017

"never fly this airline again"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Cancun via Mexico City. One of the worst flights I’ve ever taken. My original Flight was cancelled and I was sent a text message in Spanish. I called customer service and it was like they didn’t even realize what an inconvenience it was to change. Our flight was delayed from LA and we almost missed our connecting flight from Mexico City to Cancun. Our 2nd flight was delayed to Cancun as well, with no explanation. Very poor customer service and serious language barriers. I will never fly this airline again, the headache isn’t worth the money saved.
RouteLos Angeles to Cancun via Mexico City
Date FlownNovember 2017

"pay extra to fly a real airline"

Verified Review | I am traveling with my 3 year old son, I looked online to see if I could find information / cost about taking his car seat and stroller, I could only come up with info on minors under 2. I called and spoke to an agent and then to a supervisor, they both tell me they cannot offer me a price on what it would cost if I wanted to take my son's car seat and stroller, those prices could only be determined at the airport. I explained to her that how could I take it not knowing the cost and then possibly be charged some outrageous price and have to leave it behind. How is it possible that as an airline you do not have an option for parents traveling with toddlers? She said that it was possible that I could be charged upwards of $100 as extra luggage for his stroller or car seat, I explained but this is not luggage and I would be checking it at the gate, again she said I would have to find out cost at the airport. Again I questioned how is this possible, I need to know the cost before I decide to take it or not other than risking having to leave it behind at the airport, well apparently they do not provide that service for parents traveling with toddlers. Do yourselves the favor and pay the extra cost to fly with a real airline who has a clue.
RouteOakland to Guadalajara
Date FlownNovember 2017

"airline is pretty messed up"

Verified Review | We purchased a one way ticket from Mexico City to Los Angeles for Feb 26, 2017. On Feb 22, we received a notification saying that the flight was cancelled. I called the number given but was either put on hold or the one who answered can’t speak English. The phone reception was poor. I googled their other number and was put through. They booked me on a flight on Feb 25 but charged us $99.00. I felt that since the cancellation was caused by Volaris and not by me, I shouldn’t be charged. I filed a dispute with my credit card company but lost. The whole airline is pretty messed up, from the check in process which requires 3 different pieces of paper to onboard service. This is the second time I flew Volaris. The first time from Los Angeles to Guadalajara. The flight was delayed by almost 4 hours with no explanation. This time the flight was cancelled and we have to check out early from our hostel and have to pay a 50% penalty and of course no compensation. To make matter worse, my friend luggage was lost. My friend called so many times to ask for compensation. Volaris used a contractor and the contractor refused to compensate him. In the end, he got nothing back. I have been flying frequently since 2006 and this was my worst nightmare. I feel that the airline didn’t do enough to help. The last time I flew on a Mexico carrier was on AeroMexico. The airline supposed to fly to Los Angeles but end up in Tijuana and that was it. No more Volaris. I know it is cheaper but it is not worse the trouble. If you have a choice, spend a few dollar because we don’t take vacation all the time. If something goes wrong, you can’t count on Volaris to help you out.
RouteMexico City to Los Angeles
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"It is good value for price"

(Lithuania)

Verified Review | Flew Mexico City to Villahermosa with Volaris. There were no problems with this and two more flights. The staff were very helpful with free printing of the tickets. The plane boarding was on time and quick, plane landed even earlier than it was written in the ticket. The seats were comfortable, no problems with carry on baggage. It is good value for price.
RouteMexico City to Villahermosa