Singapore Airlines

"impressed by the offering"

(Hong Kong)

Verified Review | Hong Kong to Singapore. First time trying the premium economy of Singapore Airlines, must I say I was really impressed by the offering and the value for money. Boarding in Hong Kong is done very orderly, Premium economy customers get to use the channel for gold card members. Separate counter for check in, priority luggage handling, and a generous allowance of 35kg! On board I was warmly greeted and shown to my new seat. Very impressed by the design, seat pitch, and storage space etc. Out of HK we had a delay of 1 hour due to heavy traffic, but crew handled it perfectly, with drinks and snacks given out, and air con on. Sharing the same toilet of economy is no problem at all. We were even offered champagne and nuts, not bad at all! Meals were from economy, but we could also book the cook for a few extra special dishes. Metal cutlery, wine and drinks offered. Nice premium ice cream offered at the end of the meal. AVOD has a large screen, touch screen for 777 and normal use of console for A380. Wifi is available, although not cheap, but those who needs it will find it very useful. Seat when reclined slightly, plus the footrest, makes for a very comfortable position for relaxation. For medium haul flight this is perfect. I can highly recommend it, sometimes the price can be cheaper than economy in high seasons.
AircraftA380 / Boeing 777-300ER
RouteHong Kong to Singapore
Date FlownAugust 2017

"experience was fantastic"

Verified Review | Manchester to Houston. 30th anniversary included a bucket list experience on Singapore Airlines new A350-900 aircraft. The experience was fantastic, the service superb, and Singapore Airlines lived up to its ranking. The cabin is so quiet and the seats are the widest. Lie flat seat provides enough space for my 6ft plus frame, even if I did have to tilt a little to fit my feet in the slot. IFE was full of movies on a great screen and the food was delicious, especially Tiramisu. Don't miss the Singapore Sling, the signature cocktail of the airline. Only negative is that the cabin can tend to be warm, and there are no individual vent controls to adjust comfort levels.
RouteManchester to Houston
Date FlownJuly 2017

"I'd happily fly with them again"

(Sweden)

Verified Review | Stockholm to Singapore and onwards to Phuket. We booked 5 seats in a row, 3 on the left side and the next 2 seats in the middle. Flying economy, our expectations were fairly low, but we were pleasantly surprised by the seats. The legroom was large, the seats were decently comfortable and in-flight entertainment system was excellent. Before taking off, the crew handed out hot towels and the menu, which was very nice. Shortly after take-off, the service began with a smaller snack before the stop in Moscow. Here, all passengers had to get off the airplane, even if you continued to Singapore. Moscow was an annoying but thankfully short stop. Be prepared to show your passport/bording pass 4-5 times though, as there were several controls, and one proper security checkpoint. Nothing insufferable, but annoying nonetheless. After taking off again from Moscow, the rest of the trip was a breeze. The service from the crew was excellent, with food, beverages and complimentary items. It was a 10 hour flight but it went by quickly thanks to the wonderful seat back entertainment system. There were more movies than you could ever hope to watch during a flight, as well as games, tv-series, books and music, all of it free! The only thing you had to pay for was the wifi. As such, I didn't check the cost, since I had enough free entertainment. As we began our descent the crew cleaned up nicely, and handed out the necessary immigration forms, if needed. The plane itself was only a few months old at the time and felt very modern. Everything looked stylish and clean. All in all, I am very impressed by Singapore Airlines economy class on this flight. I have flown business class once before, and this was honestly not that far removed from that service, excluding the seat of course. I'd happily fly with them again!
RouteStockholm to Singapore via Moscow
Date FlownJuly 2017

"food service is economy standard"

(New Zealand)

Verified Review | London to Auckland via Singapore in Premium Economy. The seat width and leg room are marginally better than economy and is very hard and uncomfortable. Seating across cabin was 2-4-2. No toilet, use economy toilet and no closed off cabin. and food service is economy standards. Book a chef food arrives early so meal is consumed before wine service. The crew serve the premium and economy cabin so once you have been served don't expect to see crew again until meal service.
RouteLondon to Singapore

"seeking out the A350"

Verified Review | Melbourne to Singapore en route to Zürich in late June and it was the most pleasant economy class flight I have experienced. For someone who is 188cm tall, I generally struggle with the legroom provided in any economy class cabin but found the A350 provided a generous amount of seat width which meant I could angle myself slightly to avoid touching the seatback in front. The cabin staff were excellent in their attentiveness, and the upgraded IFE screens and controllers were a noticeable improvement from the ageing systems in the A380 and 777-300ER. Food and ground services were pleasant. Overall excellent experience and will be actively seeking out the A350 in my future travels.
RouteMelbourne to Zurich via Singapore
Date FlownJune 2017

"enjoyed my experience"

Verified Review | Dubai to Seoul via Singapore, on a Boeing 777-300ER from Dubai to Singapore. The seat was massive and in great condition. The onboard entertainment was fantastic with a great selection of movies. The food was sensational with a good selection of drinks. My flight to Seoul was on an A330-300 which was slightly older and the seats were smaller. I was provided with the meal I had pre-booked and the flight was excellent. I flew back from Seoul and the service was exceptional. I had 8 hours in Changi airport and the silver Kris lounge provide a peaceful environment with great food and drinks available. My final flight to Dubai was the best flight. Amazing crew, meals and onboard entertainment. The crew very kind and asking to top up drinks. I thoroughly enjoyed my experience on Singapore Airlines.
AircraftBoeing 777-300 ER
RouteDubai to Seoul via Singapore
Date FlownJuly 2017

"an inconsistent experience onboard"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Flew from Jakarta to Singapore return. Our outbound leg was operated by a brand new A350. Despite the usually unremarkable ground service in CGK, we walked into the plane with high expectations, being known as a prestigious carrier here in Indonesia. Our previous flights with them has also been excellent. However, walking out of a Singapore Airlines plane for the first time in three years left us wanting for more. Sure, the A350 was an excellent aircraft in itself, with a spacious cabin, larger windows, high-tech LCDs for overhead signs and increased humidity, but unfortunately the flight experience overall has fallen miserably compared to our past flights with them as well as with competing airlines. Seat comfort was good but not great due to the hard leather headrests. Seat width was great, while pitch was nothing remarkable. Service was noticeably rushed, though crew were still professional, efficient and quite friendly. IFE was the most sophisticated and content-loaded I have ever experienced - complete with an extremely high resolution remote controller. However, it was not useful other than accessing shortcuts and viewing brief flight information. And then the food came: every single portion of the meal was lackluster - very severely below industry standards. Also, the ding sounds were played excessively throughout the flight, at an ear-splitting volume - they rung at least once every thirty seconds. How incredible. What's more, turbulence kept coming and going throughout the entire flight as well, and when it was time to land, we hit the ground very hard. Kudos to the pilot. The return flight was operated by a 16-year old 777-300, a stark contrast to the brand new A350 of the previous flight. However, this was much better: food quality was raised to industry standards - good, but not great, service was friendlier, but still far from the best out there, seat comfort was elevated thanks in part to the very soft and plush leather headrests; the constant ding sounds were replaced by an overall calmer ride interspersed with brief periods of turbulence. But what impressed me was the amount of space that each passenger in Economy Class receives: the amount of legroom was mind blowing. I could stretch out and still not feel claustrophobic. However, this flight also comes with its own share of flaws: crew service was not as efficient - they spent the first 20 minutes of cruise heating up food, and this caused my row to get the food only 30 minutes before arrival, and we finished our desserts as the plane was already midway through descent. Also, the IFE system is ancient and is in desperate need for a upgrade. The screens were also falling apart as well. Overall an inconsistent experience onboard SQ that has slightly declined since I flew them last three years ago.
AircraftA350-900, Boeing 777-300
RouteJakarta to Singapore

"courteous and efficient"

Verified Review | Enjoyed my trip from Singapore to Amsterdam in the A350. The best of it was arriving jetlag free, both ways. Normally I feel grotty for at least a couple of days. The service was the usual Singaporean courteous and efficient. The food was good and the ambience pleasant. Highly recommended.
RouteSydney to Amsterdam via Singapore
Date FlownJuly 2017

"baggages nowhere to be found"

Verified Review | Tokyo Haneda to Melbourne via Singapore, we were bumped to an earlier flight in Singapore with the reassurance that our baggages would be transferred to our new flight. Lo and behold, we arrived in Melbourne after enduring a painful flight in an old airplane with terrible food and fault inflight entertainment (had to be restarted twice) our baggages are nowhere to be found. Went to the baggage assistance area and talked to a very agitated agent who refused to explained the situation to us. Very disappointed with Singapore Airlines with this mix up. They are efficient when running smoothly within their protocols but anything out of ordinary reveals poor problem solving.
RouteHND to MEL via SIN

"always a pleasure"

Verified Review | Business class on Singapore airlines is always a pleasure. From Singapore to San Francisco, attentive polite staff, great food, IFE system with many choices, easy check in, and now they use TSA Pre so my connection to a US carrier went smoothly as well. The only negative on the trip was the child in the row behind me who did what small children do from time to time. Ear plugs helped there. With SQ, the miles accumulation doesn't go very far, but ever since the US carreiers devalued FF miles, SQ is the way to go. THe WiFi is slow and $17 for the flight but if you need to check and send email it works.
RouteSingapore to San Francisco