Silver Airways

"worst flight I’ve been on"

Trip Verified | West Palm Beach to Nassau. Absolutely terrible customers service in West Palm Beach. The women workers were very rude and rushed everyone on board after being delayed for an hour! The worst flight I’ve been on.
RouteWest Palm Beach to Nassau
Date FlownMarch 2018

"she refused to check me in"

Trip Verified | Ft.lauderdale to Tampa. Worst customer service ever. Not only did the lady at the desk not want to let me in with still 1.5 hour before the flight took off because she “assumed” I would not make it to the gate spent over 3 hours on the phone trying to speak to someone. Wasted over 45 arguing with the lady at the check in counter debating whether i would make the flight or not. I was coming from international and was supposed to take this flight to get me to my destination which never happened they never gave me my money back or try to find me a different flights the day before Thanksgiving it was the worst experience I’ve ever had. Pay the extra bucks and go to a different airline like southwest. It’s funny to me I’m a frequent flyer and I have seen so many times different airlines call the gate and let them know that one of their passengers are on the way stuff happens you know so many times I seen this happen this woman and man refused to call the gate and let them know the situation. I still had 1.5 hours to make the flight but she refused to check me in.
RouteFt.lauderdale to Tampa
Date FlownNovember 2017

"nothing could have been better"

Trip Verified | Tampa to Key West. Fun group, easy flight and friendly staff. We got here in an hour, no issues. We were really terrified with the bad reviews, but probably very few satisfied people take the time to write a review. But seriously nothing could have been better!
RouteTampa to Key West
Date FlownMarch 2018

"infuriate you with negligence"

Trip Verified | Tampa to Tallahassee. Silver Airways is thee worst airline I've traveled on! Leaving, they got me to Tampa late and I missed my connection to Nassau, had to stay overnight and arrive a day late, but wait it gets worse. Now returning 8:50am flight from Tampa to Tallahassee, flight delayed until 10:30a, aircraft needs for maintenance. Then that time comes and delayed yet again, now it's 11:27am! Another aircraft altogether has to now get us home. Pathetic and ridiculous airline to say the least! Whatever you do, never fly with them, they will ruin your scheduled plans and infuriate you with negligence!
RouteTampa to Tallahassee
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"delayed by 2 hours"

Trip Verified | Orlando to Key West. The flight was on time on the website and on the gate throughout till the boarding time and then it was displayed delayed by 2 hours. We had to reach airport 3 hours early because it was a holiday season. We spent the entire day in getting ready, traveling, spending time at the airport. The attendants didn’t even know if the flight is departed from the origin.
RouteOrlando to Key West
Date FlownDecember 2017

"no customer service"

Trip Verified | Orlando to Ft Lauderdale. I would give this airline a negative rating if I could. They are terrible. Will check next time before I let United book me on this connection. Our plane didn’t show up and then when they found us a plane they could not find a crew - really? And they are so unapologetic so I assume this occurs on a regular basis. They have no customer service.
RouteOrlando to Ft Lauderdale
Date FlownDecember 2017

"Why would anyone use this airline?"

Verified Review | Our checked in bags were not put on the plane despite having checked in 2 hrs 30 mins before departure. No other passenger bags arrived in Orlando so no bags were loaded in Key West. Arrived in Orlando with no bags and had an international connection. Arrived back in Ireland with no bags. Still waiting for it to be sorted. On the same flight 3 people asked to give up seats. But on the flight 2 of those seats were taken up by Silver Airways employees and an empty seat. Disgraceful behaviour to have paid passengers left in Key West when a seat available and employees taking up 2 others. Changed our flight the previous day over the phone directly with Silver Airways. Showed up for 10.20am flight and told we were not booked on it and would still have to wait for later flight at 4.20pm. Wasted a full day, no excuse or apology given. Also witnessed many other passengers having problems on check in. Witnessed another passenger who was there at least 1hr 30 min before her flight being told to wait to the side while a supervisor was called to speak to her as she had not checked in on time! Key West airport is small and you can walk from check in to get security done in a total of 20 mins. Supervisor did not show up and passenger missed her flight and was visibly upset. Staff unhelpful and did not seem to know what they were doing. Have flown many airlines over the years and this airline is the worst by a long way. Staff unhelpful, no skills for customer service. Finally of the 4 flights from Silver Airways that day 3 were delayed by at least 2 hours. Why would anyone use this airline?
RouteKey West to Orlando
Date FlownOctober 2017

"never fly them again"

Verified Review | Orlando to Key West was cancelled after waiting 3 hours. Ruined our vacation. We decided to drive all night to get to Key west. We go to fly back and three flights are delayed or cancelled. After reading additional reviews this is clearly an ongoing theme. Will never fly them again.
RouteKey West to Orlando
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"uncomfortable seating and general unpleasantness"

Verified Review | My family and I flew Tampa to Exuma via Fort Lauderdale on vacation and from the start, I knew this would be our last time flying on Silver Airways. From rude employees to being forced to weigh our nonoverweight bags three times, to having flight attendants continuously proclaim their disbelief that I was 20 and not 12, the flight from Tampa to Fort Lauderdale was not off to a great start. From there, we had a six hour flight delay into Exuma due to maintenance problems, none of which was updated on the airport computers. Flying back from Exuma, we reached another 4 hour delay, missed our connecting flight and were stuck in Fort Lauderdale for the night. The hotel had none of the airline's information on file. In the Fort Lauderdale airport at 5:30 am, we were told that no reservation had been made for us to proceed to Tampa and were told to drive to West Palm Beach Airport for a 7 am flight. This isn't to mention the uncomfortable seating, warm water, and general unpleasantness of the airplane.
RouteTampa to Exuma via Fort Lauderdale
Date FlownAugust 2017

"Silver Airways is horrible"

Verified Review | Silver Airways is horrible! Our flight to Key West from Orlando was delayed almost 4 hours. The plane was extremely hot and unpleasant! On our way back to Orlando, the airline was threatening my wife and I that we would not be able to board due to our check in time which was 1.5 hours before departure. They stated, it was due to weight restrictions. No employee from the airlines advised us this. The plane was hot once again, and now we are in Tampa waiting on another pilot. Horrible service!
RouteOrlando to Key West