Silver Airways

"uncomfortable seating and general unpleasantness"

Verified Review | My family and I flew Tampa to Exuma via Fort Lauderdale on vacation and from the start, I knew this would be our last time flying on Silver Airways. From rude employees to being forced to weigh our nonoverweight bags three times, to having flight attendants continuously proclaim their disbelief that I was 20 and not 12, the flight from Tampa to Fort Lauderdale was not off to a great start. From there, we had a six hour flight delay into Exuma due to maintenance problems, none of which was updated on the airport computers. Flying back from Exuma, we reached another 4 hour delay, missed our connecting flight and were stuck in Fort Lauderdale for the night. The hotel had none of the airline's information on file. In the Fort Lauderdale airport at 5:30 am, we were told that no reservation had been made for us to proceed to Tampa and were told to drive to West Palm Beach Airport for a 7 am flight. This isn't to mention the uncomfortable seating, warm water, and general unpleasantness of the airplane.
RouteTampa to Exuma via Fort Lauderdale
Date FlownAugust 2017

"Silver Airways is horrible"

Verified Review | Silver Airways is horrible! Our flight to Key West from Orlando was delayed almost 4 hours. The plane was extremely hot and unpleasant! On our way back to Orlando, the airline was threatening my wife and I that we would not be able to board due to our check in time which was 1.5 hours before departure. They stated, it was due to weight restrictions. No employee from the airlines advised us this. The plane was hot once again, and now we are in Tampa waiting on another pilot. Horrible service!
RouteOrlando to Key West
Date FlownJuly 2017

"has been a complete disaster"

Verified Review | Tallahassee to Fort Lauderdale. Thank you Silver Airways for ruining our honeymoon. Got to our destination and our luggage was lost. They assured us it would be on the next flight & they would deliver it to us within two hours. That of course didn't happen. We called and left several messages not getting a call back for several hours. It seemed like they were purposely ignoring our calls. They finally called us back 7 hours later to let us know that our bags were in Tampa and then had the nerve to ask us if we wanted to go pick it up! We have been stuck not able to do anything for the first whole day of our honeymoon & had to cancel all reservations we made. Not to mention how extremely uncomfortable the entire flight was. I don't think I've ever been so uncomfortable on a plane before. This has been a complete disaster. First & last time we will ever fly Silver Airways.
RouteTallahassee to Fort Lauderdale
Date FlownMay 2017

"rebooking was not for next available flight"

Verified Review | How to ruin your first day of vacation: Book flight with Silver Airways 8 months in advance to secure seat. Receive email indicating that flight is cancelled but with a rebooking on a later flight. Leave home at 6am to connect into FLL for flight. Discover at airport that the Silver Airways rebooking was not for next available flight. Further discover that there is a flight at nearly the original time that you are not on, and that has empty seats. Call airline, which asks for full fare or expensive change fee to leave at original time. Get blamed by airline for accepting the rebooking when what I really did was trust you to put me on the next available flight. Sit at Gate C8 watching plane leave at originally scheduled flight time with empty seats to destination. I'll never fly Silver Airways again.
RouteFLL to EYW
Date FlownMarch 2017

"crew were pleasant, friendly, helpful"

Verified Review | Tampa to West Palm. After reading other reviews for Silver Airways, I was apprehensive. I had to wait for a wheel chair because the one the had was broken. I found the ground staff to be very efficient on getting me through security and aboard my flight in a friendly, timely manor. I have mobility issues which they patiently assisted me up (and down) a small set of steps. The aircraft was clean and for a small aircraft surprisingly comfortable. The air crew were pleasant, friendly and very helpful. I felt like I was in good hands. Would I fly with them again? A resounding yes.
AircraftSaab 340 Turbo
RouteTPA to PBI
Date FlownDecember 2016

"avoid at all costs"

Ft Myers to Key West with Silver Airways. Sitting and waiting due to mechanical problems. Same thing happened a year ago and ended up driving to Key West. I will never take this flight again. They provide no information on what is happening, when or if we will ever leave. Avoid at all costs.
RouteRSW to EYW
Date FlownOctober 2016

"everything messed up again"

Verified Review | Key West to Orlando with Silver Airways. My flight here was cancelled due to not enough passengers on board. So they decided to stick ten other passengers and I in a cab from Fort Myers and drive us to Key West, a 6 hour cab ride. Now I'm trying to leave Key West and everything is all messed up again. If this flight leaves going to be a miracle, I'm never going to make my connecting flight. Joke of an airline
RouteEYW to MCO
Date FlownMay 2016

"just isn't worth the hassle"

Don't fly Silver Airways, if you can help it. They are the United affiliate that takes their passengers to Key West. Silver had mechanical issues, delayed our flight home, through Fort Myers, and ultimately cancelled our flight - thus making it impossible to make our connection from Ft. M to Denver. Instead, they rerouted us to Orlando, only rebooking one of our seats from there to Denver. I had to scramble for a standby seat on a flight that departed 4 hours before my wife's flight. They also managed to book her in First class for the Orlando to Denver leg (we'd paid for 1st Class to begin with), but I got placed in economy on my flight. They refuse to reimburse us for the difference in the ticket value, actually they refused to communicate with us about this at all. Their customer service phone number is "No longer in service." Since they are the only way to fly United to Key West, I'd recommend flying Delta. It just isn't worth the hassle dealing with Silver.
RouteEYW to RSW
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"worst customer service"

Avoid Silver Airways - I only fly it because it has non stop flights on the Pensacola to Orlando route and no one else does. Almost every time the flight is delayed by hours. Last night it was cancelled. I understand things happen but all the time? The worst thing is the customer service. Flights are normally ok. You always must walk outside the airport to get on the plane. When it rains you get soaked unless you have your own umbrella. The customer service reps don't like confrontation and often hide and make us wonder what is going on. 4 hours to a cancel flight and no offer of dinner voucher or even a bottle of water.
RoutePNS to MCO
Date FlownDecember 2015

"Flight was comfortable"

A short flight from Orlando to Key west with Silver Airways. Staff kept us updated before departure. The cabin crew on both outward and return flight was attentive and very pleasant. Flight was comfortable and recommended.
RouteOrlando to Key west