Silver Airways

"We had a great experience"

Not Verified | Tallahassee to Fort Lauderdale. I must say I was quite concerned with booking with Silver Airways after reading the reviews. We had a great experience. Walked up to check-in had boarding pass in minutes and efficiently provided tags for our carry-on bags. Gate agent and baggage handlers were efficient as well. Stewardess was friendly and provided water. Every person we encountered was polite and courteous. Granted the weather was good and we did not encounter delays. Weather impacts all airlines and the key here is understanding that you are getting on a small plane and the process is different. Would fly Silver Airways again in a heartbeat.
RouteTallahassee to Fort Lauderdale
Date FlownAugust 2018

"offered no assistance"

Not Verified | After a week in Bimini, Bahamas with friends in family, we were scheduled to fly to Fort Lauderdale on Silver Airways. We had hotel rooms booked in Fort Lauderdale for that night and flights booked on a different airline to return home the next day. While waiting at the Bimini airport for our flight, we were continuously told our flight was delayed by 15 minutes. This went on on for a few hours until they finally told us the flight was cancelled. At this point we had no other way off the island as it was too late to make other arrangements. This was the beginning of a very stressful and expensive travel nightmare. 1. We had to pay for an extra night to stay in Bimini 2. Lost the money for the hotels we had booked in Ft. Lauderdale 3. Had to pay to for a boat ride back to Florida, a 2 hour cab ride to Fort Lauderdale, 7 new plane tickets to Canada as we had missed our next flights (difficult to find and expensive as this was the last day of Spring Break). In addition, we returned home a day late missing school and work. For all our stress and the thousands of additional dollars spent? Silver Airways took no responsibility, offered no assistance, support or compensation. Dealing with customer service was so horrible I eventually gave up.
RouteBimimi to Fort Lauderdale
Date FlownMarch 2018

"had to cancel my entire trip"

Trip Verified | Tampa to Marsh Harbour via Ft Lauderdale. All 4 of my legs were changed! A long awaited vacation to the Bahamas and a much needed relaxation had to be canceled on my end because Silver kept changing each of the legs and it went from flying out one day, to then a day later, and I would miss the connection. Also the return was changed and I would’ve missed the connector. So I had to cancel my entire trip due to all these changes.
RouteTampa to Marsh Harbour via Ft Lauderdale
Date FlownJuly 2018

"shivering the whole way"

Trip Verified | and what a joke. They cost over 1000 with fees and luggage. Then you find out you are flying on a Saab turbo prop plane that is so small you must “load balance” seats before takeoff. The flight out to Pensacola was so cold we were shivering the whole way, asked for a blanket, no. They only serve you 1 bottle of water, no other choices drinks or snacks, keeping in mid this is a 2-hour flight. Now that we froze on the way up we packed our jackets for the trip back. That was a wrong choice, the a/c was broken on the flight back to Orlando and everyone was waving their safety flyers to try to keep cool. The flight attendant made a point that she was there mainly for our safety and then the safety announcement came on stating all large electronics like laptops needed to be stowed for takeoff and landing. Ironically the passenger next to us was on his laptop from the time he boarded the plane until after we landed. The flight attendant walked by him 10 times and did not make him put it away for takeoff or landing, so much for safety comes first. This was on flight 55 on June 3rd arriving in Orlando from Pensacola at 10:15pm. Will never use this airline again.
RouteOrlando to Pensacola
Date FlownJune 2018

"chaotic and unprofessional"

Not Verified | Ft Lauderdale to Tallahassee. We were supposed to board at 6:50am for a 7:20am flight. However the flight crew didn’t show up until 7:24. At 7:45am they began boarding. The entire flight walked out onto the tarmac where there was utter confusion. Finally they made us go back up to check in because apparently they were not communicating with the ground crew and the plane was not ready. It was chaotic and unprofessional. I’d expect this in a small third world country but not here in the US. Absolutely unacceptable!
RouteFt Lauderdale to Tallahassee
Date FlownMay 2018

"worst flight I’ve been on"

Trip Verified | West Palm Beach to Nassau. Absolutely terrible customers service in West Palm Beach. The women workers were very rude and rushed everyone on board after being delayed for an hour! The worst flight I’ve been on.
RouteWest Palm Beach to Nassau
Date FlownMarch 2018

"she refused to check me in"

Trip Verified | Ft.lauderdale to Tampa. Worst customer service ever. Not only did the lady at the desk not want to let me in with still 1.5 hour before the flight took off because she “assumed” I would not make it to the gate spent over 3 hours on the phone trying to speak to someone. Wasted over 45 arguing with the lady at the check in counter debating whether i would make the flight or not. I was coming from international and was supposed to take this flight to get me to my destination which never happened they never gave me my money back or try to find me a different flights the day before Thanksgiving it was the worst experience I’ve ever had. Pay the extra bucks and go to a different airline like southwest. It’s funny to me I’m a frequent flyer and I have seen so many times different airlines call the gate and let them know that one of their passengers are on the way stuff happens you know so many times I seen this happen this woman and man refused to call the gate and let them know the situation. I still had 1.5 hours to make the flight but she refused to check me in.
RouteFt.lauderdale to Tampa
Date FlownNovember 2017

"nothing could have been better"

Trip Verified | Tampa to Key West. Fun group, easy flight and friendly staff. We got here in an hour, no issues. We were really terrified with the bad reviews, but probably very few satisfied people take the time to write a review. But seriously nothing could have been better!
RouteTampa to Key West
Date FlownMarch 2018

"infuriate you with negligence"

Trip Verified | Tampa to Tallahassee. Silver Airways is thee worst airline I've traveled on! Leaving, they got me to Tampa late and I missed my connection to Nassau, had to stay overnight and arrive a day late, but wait it gets worse. Now returning 8:50am flight from Tampa to Tallahassee, flight delayed until 10:30a, aircraft needs for maintenance. Then that time comes and delayed yet again, now it's 11:27am! Another aircraft altogether has to now get us home. Pathetic and ridiculous airline to say the least! Whatever you do, never fly with them, they will ruin your scheduled plans and infuriate you with negligence!
RouteTampa to Tallahassee
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"delayed by 2 hours"

Trip Verified | Orlando to Key West. The flight was on time on the website and on the gate throughout till the boarding time and then it was displayed delayed by 2 hours. We had to reach airport 3 hours early because it was a holiday season. We spent the entire day in getting ready, traveling, spending time at the airport. The attendants didn’t even know if the flight is departed from the origin.
RouteOrlando to Key West