Vote Now

Royal Jordanian Airlines

"my last time flying them"

Verified Review | New York to Tel Aviv via Amman. I have to say that I am utterly disappointed by these guys. We lost our luggage on our way to vacation in Tel Aviv and had to purchase new clothes and stuff. Our luggage was returned day 3 of our vacation out of 10. They have not reimbursed for anything. Upon questions, they keep giving me email addresses and I don't get any responses whatsoever. Thank God we had travel insurance and i got a reimbursement from them because Royal Jordanian still hasn't responded to anything yet! I guess they want to delay responding and hope we give up? Then on our way back we had a stay in Queen Alia airport and we were expecting the airport to provide us any accommodation. We had to pay for our own hotel because they said there was another the next day. Of course, they did not realize that we had to check out of our hotel the previous and in any case when we booked our flight, the auto system is the one who prompted that for us. Ridiculous. The aircrafts were new and the food was good though. Al though, the crew is not particularly friendly. This will be my last time flying them.
RouteNew York to Tel Aviv via Amman
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"not a great experience"

Verified Review | Chicago to Beirut via Amman. Overall not a great experience. The bathrooms were not stocked with soap or toilet paper at the start of the flight, our flight attendant was extremely rude, and the flight attendants were putting their hands inside =clean cups to serve water at the same time they were clearing dirty plates (so putting dirty gloves inside of the cups they were using to give us fresh water). I would not fly with them again.
RouteChicago to Beirut via Amman
Date FlownDecember 2016

"offered a competitive price"

(Jordan)

Verified Review | Amman to Dubai return. The ground crew were efficient and helpful, the aircraft modern with IFE and seats were comfortable. Flight attendants are attentive and friendly. There were 3 options of meals (fish, chicken and meat). The cabin and toilets were clean. Royal Jordanian offered a competitive price as well as an attractive baggage policy of 2x23kg for economy class, which is more than the main competitor. Return was the same with even better flight attendants. I can see that people tend to speak out in times of disappointment and complaining, but my flights were excellent. I recommend this airline.
RouteAmman to Dubai
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"most pleasant crew"

Verified Review | Frankfurt to Dubai via Amman. At first I had a one hour wait in Amman airport but later was informed about two weeks before my flight that the flight would make a stop in Munich for "technical reasons" which would make me miss my connecting flight to Dubai and I had to wait for 12 hours. Anyway for what I paid I thought it was okay. I board the flight, and was welcomed by most pleasant crew, very friendly people who tried to make you feel relaxed. On landing in Amman, the transfer desk gave me a hotel accommodation.
RouteFRA to DXB via AMM
Date FlownDecember 2016

"getting worse and worse"

(Jordan)

Verified Review | Amman to Tunis. Royal Jordanian Airlines is getting worse and worse. Usually they ask if I prefer an aisle or window seat but they just book without asking now. Most of the time the staff are unfriendly. The food is always bad. I've been flying with RJ for 25 years. They used to be good - always giving a bag with a tooth brush etc, this is now only for business. Alcohol used to be free now it's not, and last but not least the entertainment system has the worst screens and worst movies - especially the old ones. If there was another direct flight to my destinations I'll always take it over RJ. This is coming from a Jordanian who is always proud of his country but RJ keeps making things worse.
RouteAMM to TUN
Date FlownDecember 2016

"I cannot recommend the airline"

Verified Review | Second in the queue in business class check-in line, there was an issue with the pax in front of me. He was on his phone trying to sort something, the agent on hers, for 10 minutes - nothing resolved. I later saw this pax in Y on board so don’t know if he was only in the line due to OW status. At last, an agent in the Y class line said to her colleague “Will I take him?” – meaning me – and her colleague replied “Up to you.” I was being checked in and asked which lounge I used at CDG. “Dunno” she said. She asked another agent - “I’ve no idea." It was so rude / bad I just laughed. I think they thought I couldn’t speak French. When I got to the AA lounge (I'd checked before which one to use) the agent said “This is not where you’re supposed to be.” When I challenged this it was only resolved when a colleague came over to him and explained OW Sapphire rules to him. A sign saying RJ pax could use the lounge was on the desk in front of him. Flight to AMM was OK-ish, but no proactive service from the crew. Meal was served and cleared away as soon as they could manage it – twice, not-finished drinks taken from my table – the crew disappeared behind curtain for the rest of flight. The food was mediocre, the in-flight entertainment limited and uninspiring. The AMM lounge a dump. Poor food, nasty toilets, birds flying inside, no one to let you in shower room. Cannot imagine its state if toilets anything to go by. Security staff at AMM incredibly rude and aggressive. “Where you go?” barked, is really not good enough. Flight to BKK full. Most pax in business class appeared to be Royal Jordanian staff, behaving as though on a company outing. As we taxied two were standing in the aisles, using their phones, the woman beside me (no ideas who she was, young and pretty, very popular, both captains came out to chat to her) went into the cockpit for take-off and landing and I did not feel the FAs had proper control of the cabin. Breakfast consisted of 3 types of pastry with a bread roll on the side. No nuts with the welcome drink, no bottle of water, surely the minimum in business class. It was available if you asked for it, but you had to ask. The bar area onboard was used for a flight attendant to store her suitcase. Flights back were more of the same. The flight from BKK only better as only 9 pax in business class. In the middle of the night I pressed the bell to ask for some sparkling water. It took the flight attendant 5 minutes to come and offer to “help”. It’s not as if she was busy. I got what I asked for to the letter, a glass with water in it. No ice, no lemon, no offer of anything to go with it. Someone needs to tell Royal Jordanian that training their staff to snarl “Enjoy” at English speaking passengers whilst slamming a glass on to the tray and high-tailing it back behind the curtain before any more awkward questions can be asked does not make a premium passenger feel valued. The volume on the passenger announcements on the A321 to CDG was so loud that when the pilot made an announcement mid-flight the dozing man in front of me almost leapt out of his skin. I’ve learned my lesson. I thought as a One World airline it would be roughly on a par with other carriers in the alliance, if not necessarily as good. The ticket cost about £200 less then Qatar Airways and it allowed me to try a new aircraft type for me (the Boeing 787). However I cannot recommend the airline at all. I would sooner not fly than use them again. My main feeling is one of having been cheated out of my money.
RouteCDG to BKK via AMM
Date FlownNovember 2016

"attendants nice and attentive"

(Jordan)

Verified Review | Vienna to Amman with Royal Jordanian. They sent me an email 2 months before my flight from Athens to Amman to inform me that it was cancelled. I called their call center and was advised to visit their sales office. The sales office was very helpful and provided options for the flight to Amman or a refund. I accepted to be re-routed through Vienna to Amman. The check-in agents at Vienna were very nice and helpful. The boarding process was efficient and the flight left on-time and arrived early. The meal consisted of three options (meat, chicken and fish). I opted for the chicken option (chicken with mustard) and it was good. The flight attendants were all very nice and attentive. Overall, I recommend RJ despite the inconvenience of having to transit at Vienna for the flight to Amman.
RouteVIE to AMM

"very underrated"

(Jordan)

Verified Review | Amman to Madrid. I was a little nervous having read many negative reviews before flying Royal Jordanian, but I have to say, this airline is very underrated. Firstly, ground staff were okay as they processed the huge crowds in the morning rush hour. The flight attendants were all nice and helpful except one. She was unhelpful with many passengers and was very unprofessional. The inflight meal offerings were excellent. Shortly after take-off, we were given nuts and a choice of a drink, then a hot meal of three options (fish, chicken and meat), a choice of coffee or tea and then a drink before landing. The inflight entertainment although appreciated, needs a updates in my opinion. There was unfortunately no inflight wifi. The cabin was clean, but the seats although comfortable, need refurbishment / renewal. We departed later than the scheduled time but landed on time. All in all, I recommend Royal Jordanian.
RouteAMM to MAD

"I would not recommend"

Amman to Detroit via Montreal. I would not recommend Royal Jordanian Airlines. On a technical stop in Montreal before heading to Detroit, my luggage was offloaded in Montreal and when I waited two hours in Detroit to talk to and file a report, the Royal Jordanian rep did not want to assist me. It took 6 days for my luggage to be returned. The service in business class is awful. Asked for a champagne, was advised they didn't have any cold, no ice. Asked for a mixed drink during dinner and only got the soft drink. No ice. Asked again and wrote it down for the attendant and was served only the soft drink. No alcohol was provided for the entire trip, on both legs, Amman to Detroit and return. Headphones did not work, When on the technical stop in Montreal, we could not use the restrooms, were made to sit in our seats and if we got up to stretch were told to sit down immediately. Cabin staff did not assist a single mother with her 3 kids flying business and allowed two of the three children to cry nonstop on the 11 hour trip. Royal Jordanian Airlines inability to provide alcoholic drinks for long haul flights is inexcusable. There was no WiFi on the long haul trip. Food was average for business class. Don't eat the lamb, overcooked and stringy. I would advise to have the seafood.
RouteAMM to DTW via YUL
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"don't recommend Royal Jordanian"

(Belgium)

Verified Review | Hong Kong to Bangkok. Check in smooth, RJ lounge at Hong Kong airport is Plaza Premiun, which is not a great lounge, super crowded, poor catering, always busy. Boarding to the plane for all passengers in the same bridge, ambiance of the cabin nice, nice lighting and seats seemed to be comfortable but strangely were not reclininable. Catering below anyone exoectations, a salmon salad few chocolates as desserts and a nice arab coffee. Food actually poor. We were two, 1H first row. Entertainment system, a joke, few channels not much to watch. No priority lane card given for Bangkok. I don't recommend Royal Jordanian Airlines.
RouteHKG to BKK