Top 100 Airports

Royal Jordanian Airlines

"food was tasty with good portions"

Verified Review | Dubai to Amman on Royal Jordanian Airlines. On time departure from DXB. Aircraft was clean and really like their color combination. Seats are good in Economy and offer very good leg space and pitch. IFE has good Hollywood and regional options which can be helpful in passing time on the 3 hour leg. Food was tasty with good portions. FA's were doing their job without any fuss. Would highly recommend RJ on this sector.
RouteDXB to AMM
Date FlownJune 2016

"requests were promptly fulfilled"

Verified Review | Amman to Dubai on Royal Jordanian Airlines A320. Aircraft was clean and seats were spacious in Economy. The FA's were not so warm but that didn't matter as requests were promptly fulfilled without any fuss. The dinner served was tasty and had huge portions, the dessert was also good. IFE had good Hollywood options so no question of getting bored on this 3 hour leg. Would highly recommend RJ.
RouteAMM to DXB
Date FlownJune 2016

"appear to be most unhelpful airline"

(Jordan)

Verified Review | Dubai to Amman. Royal Jordanian is a comfortable airline with good leg room and decent in flight service. But if things go wrong for example Dubai airport had an airline crash land three days before my flight via Dubai than they appear to be the most unhelpful airline. They did not inform orbitz (through whom I booked) that my flight was cancelled from Dubai. 2. Upon arrival no agent knew when the next flight would be. Finally after 7 hours, I was put on a flight and I confirmed with three different people that my luggage had been put on the flight. My luggage did not arrive. They said they would deliver next day but did not. Their staff were the least helpful over the phone. Still without luggage 35 hours later. Maybe this is just a one off experience but thought I better log it so people know that if things go wrong this airline will not have your back.
RouteDXB to AMM
Date FlownAugust 2016

"poor and unprofessional service"

Verified Review | London Heathrow to Basra via Amman. My bag has been lost in transit between Jordan and Iraq. I started my journey to Iraq on Friday, only to find the flight to Iraq from Jordan had been cancelled, and was only informed on arrival at the airport. On arriving in Jordan I was put into the Transit Hotel, but prior to leaving I requested my bags to be given to me, but staff refused to give them to me, so I went to the hotel with no clean clothes or toiletries at all, but was expected to stay there for the period of 36 hours, due to the cancellation. I was questioned on arrival at the hotel about my British Citizenship, as if it was a crime and wasn't right for me to have the passport, as they thought I was an Iraqi. They shuffled me like cattle along with all the other Iraqis, talking to them like animals. This behaviour should not be happening. On arrival in Basrah nearly 36 hours later, one of my bags had gone missing. The whole journey and episode with Royal Jordanian has been a complete nigh mare. Later I went to Royal Jordanian office to report the loss. All details were taken but so far (7 days later) there has been no sight of my luggage. On checking in at Heathrow, I was over the baggage allowance and so I was charged a further £80, which in reality is pointless as that was for the extra weight in my luggage, but the luggage has gone missing? Additional to that, RJ's baggage personnel in Jordan, wanted me to pay more money for the extra baggage, requesting me to pay cash to them on the spot, but on producing the receipt for the money I paid in London, the baggage person got stroppy and angry towards me, he was then told by one of his work colleagues I didn't need to pay more. I keep contacting the Royal Jordanian office in the UK, Amman and Basra, but there is no interest from them at all, they just don't seem to care. From the Basra office, I have heard that my bag has been found, but the Jordanians in Amman are refusing to forward it on. How can you use such services when they do this to you, beyond me. More irritating, this is not the first time this has happened. Both my husband and I have travelled before with Royal Jordanian and both times an item of ours has been lost. I will not be flying with Royal Jordanian again, as I have had my got my fill with their poor and unprofessional service.
RouteLHR to BSR via AMM
Date FlownAugust 2016

"cheap meals and no snacks"

Verified Review | New York JFK to Amman with Royal Jordanian. Bad experience. Cheap meals and no snacks or drinks offered in between. The entertainment was also poor - low quality and little variety. Hospitality is so so and it takes forever to get a flight attendant to respond and of course no smiles. No WiFi by the way, not even for money.
RouteJFK to AMM
Date FlownJuly 2016

"choose between three different meals"

(Austria)

Verified Review | We were doing Umrah and were flying from Vienna to Jeddah via Amman and from Medina via Amman back to Vienna. The Airbus offered 32" legspace in economy class which was very comfortable and the In-seat personal TV offered a huge entertainment programm. Food was delicious and you could choose between three different meals.
AircraftA320/321 / Boeing 787
RouteVIE to JED via AMM
Date FlownJuly 2016

"#1 worst of the worst experiences"

Verified Review | Basra to London via Amman with Royal Jordanian Airlines. In 35 years of frequent travel, my most recent trip (and first experience with RJ) becomes my #1 worst of the worst experiences. 6-Jul-16 06:30 hrs (scheduled departure 08:45 hrs) - we went to check in at RJ counter in Basra and they advised us (8 of us from several different companies), that we were booked on 8-Jul. - After first saying our travel agents made the change, they finally admitted RJ made the change the night before, with no notice to our respective travel agents - then said no seats available, then said only economy, finally at 09:30 hrs (flight was delayed for 1 hr) they booked us on our original seats! - why, because of the delay, we would miss our onward connections to London, and they would rather us stay for 2 more days in Basra than try to get us home! - flight departs +/- 09:45 hrs and arrives Amman about 11:50 hrs - in Ammam, we are unable to make our 12:00 hrs connection, RJ did not hold the plane and they refused to consider any other options than to rebook flights to 1 day later. 7-Jul-16 scheduled departure of 12:00 hrs is announced to be delayed to 12:30 hrs. We board the plane and wait until 13:15hrs for passengers arriving from a delayed flight - finally depart about 13:30 hrs local time, arrive LHR and disembark at 16:45 hrs local time. I run to my next connection and get to the BA gate at 16:55 hrs, just as boarding is announced for a 17:15 hrs departure, only to be told by BA that the boarding pass I was issued in Amman was no longer valid, and that RJ had transferred the ticket to Air Canada departing at 10:10 hrs 8-Jul-16. BA unable to get access to the ticket, so unable allow me to board the flight - RJ did not advise me nor had anyone meet me at the gate to advise me that a change was made. - I run back to the Terminal 3 RJ airline transit desk only to be greeted with a 'closed' sign - BA desk was able to phone RJ and I was instructed to go through immigration and meet a representative at Zone F for my hotel and onward flight booking - because RJ couldn't be bothered to greet me at the arrival gate, and it took me some time to track them down, I had missed the next connecting AC flights at 18:00 hrs and 18:40 hrs (via Calgary) RJ was a complete cluster job from the moment we first tried checking in at Basra, with no customer service, and no sense of passenger ownership, I now sit in a transit hotel at Heathrow, and a 22 hr journey has turned into 60+ hr journey.
RouteBSR to LHR via AMMA

"the crew shines"

Flew Royal Jordanian Airlines, 2 May, Amman - Chicago on RJ263 - Crown Class in 787. Dedicated check-in area for Crown Class passengers which is really nice. Completely separated from the main check-in area with personalized service for a quick check-in and baggage check. Also - they have an immigration point after check-in that is exclusive to Crown class so it's very fast. The lounge upstairs is very nice - great food selection and drinks. Boarding was delayed a bit but that is typical in the middle east. Friendly welcome and shown to our seats. Given a welcome drink and menus for the flight. Smooth take-off and served a nice lunch course by course. I love that - makes me feel like the old days of flying. And you can get as much as you want. In-flight entertainment isn't the best - that is where RJ can approve - but was ok in between naps. The crew shines - taking pictures of me and my travel partner, asking about how we enjoyed the flight. Landed on-time and just took a bit of time to get our bags- but overall excellent flight. Always have enjoyed my Royal Jordanian flights
RouteAMM to ORD
Date FlownMay 2016

"no smile, no greeting"

(Malaysia)

Verified Review | Flew from Kuala Lumpur to Amman with Royal Jordanian Airlines. No smile, no greeting, no acknowledgement from the flight crew upon boarding. Earphones were thrown to the passenger, literally if they were asleep, other airlines would have the courtesy to at least stuff it in the seat pocket. The flight crew had limited English command? Phrases like "What you want", "seat up", "NO" in harsh tones is just unacceptable. During distribution of meals, food was given to us without asking what options we wanted, my partner does not eat beef and a beef tray was just left and the staff member simply moved on. During the 9 hour flight I did not see staff complete a water run through the Y cabin. All these little gestures go a long way for passengers that are trapped especially in the middle seat.
RouteKUL to AMM
Date FlownJune 2016

"very comfortable lay-flat seats"

April 20, Chicago O'Hare to Tel Aviv via Amman (RJ264) in Crown Class with Royal Jordanian Airlines. Check-in was friendly and bags tagged to TLV. Lounge access is the Air France/KLM lounge which had plenty of food and drinks. Boarding was typical for middle east flights - a mess. Turkish Airlines 773 next to us in a small boarding area so passengers were getting confused which line to get in. There were maybe 20 people in wheelchairs that boarded first after a 30 minute delay. Then Crown class and frequent fliers. Greeted at the aircraft door and walked to our seats - very comfortable lay-flat seats that would end up being perfect for the 11.5 hour flight. Welcomed by flight attendants with water/juice, headphones, menu and amenity kits. Smooth take off and service began promptly. Meals served from a cart so it really makes you feel special and like the old days of flying. You can have as much food as you want, served with a smile. AVOD was ok - this is where RJ disappoints. Not a lot of selection for movies or TV shows. If they add to this the product will be flawless. Lay-flat bed allowed for 6 hours of sleep which was great. Nice pre-arrival meal served and survey forms passed out. Our main attendant helped my mom learn some Arabic and was so friendly - taking pics for us together. Landed 30 minutes late but had 3.5 hours to connect. Transit is easy at AMM and we were in the Crown Lounge in minutes. Lots of food and drinks in the lounge - and then see the TLV flight is late. Boarded from a bus an hour late to the A320 plane. Economy full but Crown had 5 passengers and 1 RJ security man. Drinks served on the ground but nothing from take off to landing. It was a 27 minute flight so not a big deal. Landed and bags off in 30 minutes. Overall a great flight - delays seem common on RJ but would fly them as my choice to the middle east.
RouteORD to TLV via AMM