Royal Jordanian Airlines

Review by (United Kingdom) 1st August 2015

Me and my family flew with this airline to Bangkok July of this year. For me and my family it is the worst airline we have flown with. The plane from London to Amman seemed rather new. It was clean and bright, seats were good with ok leg room. The staff were rude and to be honest looked like they would rather be elsewhere. The flight from Amman they split my family up over the plane so none of us were sat together and my daughter is only 10 years old. After a lot of complaining they got us sat together just before take off. But I did notice that many of the passangers had same problem. The plane from Amman to Bangkok (the longest part of the flight) was old and dirty and not a very pleasant flight. The food served was not very enjoyable. On the return flight the staff looked like they would like to be elsewhere. I will not fly with this airline again as I rate them as poor,
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure
RouteLondon to Bangkok via Amman

Review by (United States) 29th July 2015

We were taking my 92 year old mother-in-law from Chicago to Jeddah via Amman. We brought her to the gate in Chicago in our own, personal, transport wheelchair. The attendant at the plane took the wheelchair and gave us a tag. In Amman, we asked for the wheelchair but it was not given to us. They said it would be taken to Jeddah. Instead, an airline wheelchair was used to transport her to our connecting flight. When we arrived at Jeddah, it was not there, and the Royal Jordanian staff were not helpful. We filed a claim for lost baggage as soon as we could. They have not gotten back to us, and will not answer their Chicago phone. I cannot begin to express how dangerous it was to transport a 92 year old without her chair. We are incredibly angry and disappointed with how Royal Jordanian airlines treat passenger's needed medical belongings. If I could rate them a 0.
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure
RouteChicago to Jeddah via Amman

Review by (Thailand) 17th July 2015

An extremely disappointing flight with barely edible food, no adherence to seat allocation, poor entertainment, indifferent staff service, and to cap it all they actually have the temerity to charge for a glass of wine. Bangkok-Amman leg was very poor and I have serious doubts about the quality of this airline. They need to learn about the idea of customer service.
RouteBangkok to London via Amman

Review by (United States) 4th July 2015

Flight from Hong Kong to Amman via Bangkok was pretty bad. Online check-in did not work properly, had no option to choose my seat online or at the airport. The check-in staff were fine, but they worked for the airport, not the airline. The flight crew were unwelcoming and did not respond to requests or call buttons. The food was quite sub-par. The worst part, the flight left Bangkok just after midnight and for several hours the cabin flights went on and off, there were useless announcements from the crew and captain and at one point the flight attendants actually woke some people up asking if they wanted hot tea! Flight from Amman to Amsterdam was fine, much better flight crew and there were fewer than twenty people on the plane. They do charge for alcohol, even on the long haul flight, ridiculous. The in-flight entertainment was weak compared with most other airlines. In the end the flight was very cheap and the baggage policy from Asia to Europe was much better than any other airline.
AircraftA330, A320
RouteHKG to AMS via AMM

Review by (Jordan) 25th June 2015

AMM-AQJ and return on Embraer, comfortable seats with excellent legroom. We were served juice on both legs, which was not really expected on a domestic 35 minute flight. Cabin crew great. No in-flight entertainment, but the inflight magazine had some interesting content. The fare was a bit on the expensive side.
AircraftEmbraer 195
RouteAmman to Aqaba

Review by (United Arab Emirates) 14th June 2015

Website is poor and online checkin never seems to work. Flight was full but boarding handled well and departure from AUH was on time. Meal service was average - behind the standards of EK, EY etc. Royal Jordanian has started charging for drinks in economy which is stingy. Meal trays cleared quickly then crew disappear for the rest of the 3 hour flight. Connecting flight Amman to Cairo delayed with poor communication at the gate. Onboard snack was a horrible stale sandwich and dry cake. No drinks service. A very basic 3 star service and cannot be recommended in economy class.
RouteAbu Dhabi to Cairo via Amman

Review by (Canada) 18th May 2015

Amman - Dubai on A320. Check boarding and the whole pre-flight experience was really standard. To my surprise IFE was exceptional featuring new movies interesting documentaries etc. Some great options for a 3 hour flight. The seating space was tolerable for a flight of this duration (I'm nearly 2m tall). Inflight service was neutral at best. The staff were ok but were not really considerate at moments. One lady had to wait for 10 minutes with her baby in her arms while the trolley was giving out food. I suggested to the FA to move the cart back 3-4 meters so that the lady could go through but he wouldn't budge. The food was very bad I suggest eating ahead of your flight.

Review by (United States) 20th March 2015

Flew New York JFK-Amman. Was very unimpressed by an airline with bottomless pockets. The flight was slightly late as we departed 45 minutes behind schedule. Like most people I didn't really care. After takeoff I ordered my food. My food was served room temperature and was of abysmal quality. When I tried to sleep my seat made a funny noise and then broke partially reclined. The cabin was full so I sat in an awkward position for 6 hours. The staff were indifferent and unhelpful. Will not fly again. Next time I need to go to Amman I will just connect in the UAE.

Review by (Jordan) 18th February 2015

AMM-LHR in Jan 2015 the aircraft a new B787 was more comfortable. The service was great and food delicious the plane arrived on time.

Review by (Jordan) 12th February 2015

Flown AMM-KUL-AMM on the brand new 787-8. Excellent services started right from the Crown Class dedicated check-in area where they took care of my arrangements away from the airport rush then I went directly to the luxury of the crown lounge where you can enjoy a snack and a beverage in complete comfort and satisfaction then to the priority boarding (where I could be the last to board since I'm a J-Class pax) then the flight attendant wearing the traditional Jordanian robe welcomed and greeted me warmly from my first step she directed me to my fully flat bed seat equipped with state of the art IFE System and offered me a soft drink as well she granted Aigner amenity kit that contains what anyone could really need during the flight she offered headphones to start enjoying the modern intuitive IFE System shortly after take off Crown dining begins with tasty gourmet dishes of my own selection and preference then I was served a hot towel before I went to sleep I refreshed in the clean lavatory then I woke up for a healthy tasty breakfast before landing in BKK then after landing in BKK a new fresh crew joined to continue the flight directly to KUL in flight from BKK-KUL you have another full meal after landing On-time in KUL Crown Class Passengers leave the aircraft before opening the curtains of Economy Class to avoid rush. Excellent Services RJ.