Royal Jordanian Airlines

Review by (United States)

The plane was very noisy full of kids and crying babies. I could not go to sleep because of the noise, on the way back there was a delay of two hours with no reason or explanation from the staff or the pilot. It was so uncomfortable especially for my wife who was on a connection flight in Amman. My wife had a delay of one hour from her previous flight as well. Food is not super and I was given an expired salad dressing.
RouteDetroit to Amman
Date FlownAugust 2015

Review by (United States)

AMM to AMS was pleasant. My flight boarded through a collection of gates that had snack and duty-free shops. The gate area was very bland and confusing, as multiple flights were boarded over the loud speaker simultaneously. After waiting for about an hour, my bus for the plane finally boarded. I liked the design of the cabin, with nice seats in economy. All seats had PTV monitors and a selection of films, although the video quality was poor. The food resembled breakfast and tasted awful. Thhe flight attendants were courteous. The fares are far from the cheapest. Perhaps that's why there were only 16 people on my flight!
RouteAMM to AMS

Review by (Spain)

We were in the line for boarding line when suddenly we were told there was a 2 hour delay (no reason given). We all waited patiently until hour 2 hours later when again they delayed boarding and told us there was a technical problem. We waited 6 hours in Amman Airport, were treated like sheep, not being told anything. Finally we are boarded, when we over hear a steward mention that we have to stop in Tunisia to re-fuel. We were told this once the doors were shut and unable to get out of the plane. To top it all off when we asked for a bottle of wine, they have the nerve to charge us. It was warm too. The staff were rude.
RouteAmman to Madrid
Date FlownAugust 2015

Royal Jordanian Airlines customer review

Review by (United Kingdom)

Me and my family flew with this airline to Bangkok July of this year. For me and my family it is the worst airline we have flown with. The plane from London to Amman seemed rather new. It was clean and bright, seats were good with ok leg room. The staff were rude and to be honest looked like they would rather be elsewhere. The flight from Amman they split my family up over the plane so none of us were sat together and my daughter is only 10 years old. After a lot of complaining they got us sat together just before take off. But I did notice that many of the passangers had same problem. The plane from Amman to Bangkok (the longest part of the flight) was old and dirty and not a very pleasant flight. The food served was not very enjoyable. On the return flight the staff looked like they would like to be elsewhere. I will not fly with this airline again as I rate them as poor,
RouteLondon to Bangkok via Amman

Review by (United States)

We were taking my 92 year old mother-in-law from Chicago to Jeddah via Amman. We brought her to the gate in Chicago in our own, personal, transport wheelchair. The attendant at the plane took the wheelchair and gave us a tag. In Amman, we asked for the wheelchair but it was not given to us. They said it would be taken to Jeddah. Instead, an airline wheelchair was used to transport her to our connecting flight. When we arrived at Jeddah, it was not there, and the Royal Jordanian staff were not helpful. We filed a claim for lost baggage as soon as we could. They have not gotten back to us, and will not answer their Chicago phone. I cannot begin to express how dangerous it was to transport a 92 year old without her chair. We are incredibly angry and disappointed with how Royal Jordanian airlines treat passenger's needed medical belongings. If I could rate them a 0.
RouteChicago to Jeddah via Amman

Review by (Thailand)

An extremely disappointing flight with barely edible food, no adherence to seat allocation, poor entertainment, indifferent staff service, and to cap it all they actually have the temerity to charge for a glass of wine. Bangkok-Amman leg was very poor and I have serious doubts about the quality of this airline. They need to learn about the idea of customer service.
RouteBangkok to London via Amman

Review by (United States)

Flight from Hong Kong to Amman via Bangkok was pretty bad. Online check-in did not work properly, had no option to choose my seat online or at the airport. The check-in staff were fine, but they worked for the airport, not the airline. The flight crew were unwelcoming and did not respond to requests or call buttons. The food was quite sub-par. The worst part, the flight left Bangkok just after midnight and for several hours the cabin flights went on and off, there were useless announcements from the crew and captain and at one point the flight attendants actually woke some people up asking if they wanted hot tea! Flight from Amman to Amsterdam was fine, much better flight crew and there were fewer than twenty people on the plane. They do charge for alcohol, even on the long haul flight, ridiculous. The in-flight entertainment was weak compared with most other airlines. In the end the flight was very cheap and the baggage policy from Asia to Europe was much better than any other airline.
AircraftA330, A320
RouteHKG to AMS via AMM

Review by (Jordan)

AMM-AQJ and return on Embraer, comfortable seats with excellent legroom. We were served juice on both legs, which was not really expected on a domestic 35 minute flight. Cabin crew great. No in-flight entertainment, but the inflight magazine had some interesting content. The fare was a bit on the expensive side.
AircraftEmbraer 195
RouteAmman to Aqaba
Date FlownJune 2015

Royal Jordanian Airlines customer review

Review by (United Arab Emirates)

Website is poor and online checkin never seems to work. Flight was full but boarding handled well and departure from AUH was on time. Meal service was average - behind the standards of EK, EY etc. Royal Jordanian has started charging for drinks in economy which is stingy. Meal trays cleared quickly then crew disappear for the rest of the 3 hour flight. Connecting flight Amman to Cairo delayed with poor communication at the gate. Onboard snack was a horrible stale sandwich and dry cake. No drinks service. A very basic 3 star service and cannot be recommended in economy class.
RouteAbu Dhabi to Cairo via Amman
Date FlownMay 2015

Review by (Canada)

Amman - Dubai on A320. Check boarding and the whole pre-flight experience was really standard. To my surprise IFE was exceptional featuring new movies interesting documentaries etc. Some great options for a 3 hour flight. The seating space was tolerable for a flight of this duration (I'm nearly 2m tall). Inflight service was neutral at best. The staff were ok but were not really considerate at moments. One lady had to wait for 10 minutes with her baby in her arms while the trolley was giving out food. I suggested to the FA to move the cart back 3-4 meters so that the lady could go through but he wouldn't budge. The food was very bad I suggest eating ahead of your flight.