Royal Jordanian Airlines

Review by (United States) 4th July 2015

Flight from Hong Kong to Amman via Bangkok was pretty bad. Online check-in did not work properly, had no option to choose my seat online or at the airport. The check-in staff were fine, but they worked for the airport, not the airline. The flight crew were unwelcoming and did not respond to requests or call buttons. The food was quite sub-par. The worst part, the flight left Bangkok just after midnight and for several hours the cabin flights went on and off, there were useless announcements from the crew and captain and at one point the flight attendants actually woke some people up asking if they wanted hot tea! Flight from Amman to Amsterdam was fine, much better flight crew and there were fewer than twenty people on the plane. They do charge for alcohol, even on the long haul flight, ridiculous. The in-flight entertainment was weak compared with most other airlines. In the end the flight was very cheap and the baggage policy from Asia to Europe was much better than any other airline.
AircraftA330, A320
RouteHKG to AMS via AMM

Review by (Jordan) 25th June 2015

AMM-AQJ and return on Embraer, comfortable seats with excellent legroom. We were served juice on both legs, which was not really expected on a domestic 35 minute flight. Cabin crew great. No in-flight entertainment, but the inflight magazine had some interesting content. The fare was a bit on the expensive side.
AircraftEmbraer 195
RouteAmman to Aqaba

Review by (United Arab Emirates) 14th June 2015

Website is poor and online checkin never seems to work. Flight was full but boarding handled well and departure from AUH was on time. Meal service was average - behind the standards of EK, EY etc. Royal Jordanian has started charging for drinks in economy which is stingy. Meal trays cleared quickly then crew disappear for the rest of the 3 hour flight. Connecting flight Amman to Cairo delayed with poor communication at the gate. Onboard snack was a horrible stale sandwich and dry cake. No drinks service. A very basic 3 star service and cannot be recommended in economy class.
RouteAbu Dhabi to Cairo via Amman

Review by (Canada) 18th May 2015

Amman - Dubai on A320. Check boarding and the whole pre-flight experience was really standard. To my surprise IFE was exceptional featuring new movies interesting documentaries etc. Some great options for a 3 hour flight. The seating space was tolerable for a flight of this duration (I'm nearly 2m tall). Inflight service was neutral at best. The staff were ok but were not really considerate at moments. One lady had to wait for 10 minutes with her baby in her arms while the trolley was giving out food. I suggested to the FA to move the cart back 3-4 meters so that the lady could go through but he wouldn't budge. The food was very bad I suggest eating ahead of your flight.

Review by (United States) 20th March 2015

Flew New York JFK-Amman. Was very unimpressed by an airline with bottomless pockets. The flight was slightly late as we departed 45 minutes behind schedule. Like most people I didn't really care. After takeoff I ordered my food. My food was served room temperature and was of abysmal quality. When I tried to sleep my seat made a funny noise and then broke partially reclined. The cabin was full so I sat in an awkward position for 6 hours. The staff were indifferent and unhelpful. Will not fly again. Next time I need to go to Amman I will just connect in the UAE.

Review by (Jordan) 18th February 2015

AMM-LHR in Jan 2015 the aircraft a new B787 was more comfortable. The service was great and food delicious the plane arrived on time.

Review by (Jordan) 12th February 2015

Flown AMM-KUL-AMM on the brand new 787-8. Excellent services started right from the Crown Class dedicated check-in area where they took care of my arrangements away from the airport rush then I went directly to the luxury of the crown lounge where you can enjoy a snack and a beverage in complete comfort and satisfaction then to the priority boarding (where I could be the last to board since I'm a J-Class pax) then the flight attendant wearing the traditional Jordanian robe welcomed and greeted me warmly from my first step she directed me to my fully flat bed seat equipped with state of the art IFE System and offered me a soft drink as well she granted Aigner amenity kit that contains what anyone could really need during the flight she offered headphones to start enjoying the modern intuitive IFE System shortly after take off Crown dining begins with tasty gourmet dishes of my own selection and preference then I was served a hot towel before I went to sleep I refreshed in the clean lavatory then I woke up for a healthy tasty breakfast before landing in BKK then after landing in BKK a new fresh crew joined to continue the flight directly to KUL in flight from BKK-KUL you have another full meal after landing On-time in KUL Crown Class Passengers leave the aircraft before opening the curtains of Economy Class to avoid rush. Excellent Services RJ.

Review by (Kuwait) 21st January 2015

I took the KUL-BKK flight to experience the B787. This was my first time flying Royal Jordanian. My experience from check-in until arrival was excellent. Very friendly and attentive cabin crew the plane was silent and comfortable seat is very comfortable (more comfortable than Emirates seats) lavatory kept clean dining was ok and I really had an enjoyable flight. I would definitely consider flying Royal Jordanian in the future.

Review by (Austria) 19th January 2015

VIE-AMM-BKK Business Class (4-8 Jan./2015). I was quite satisfied with all flights on RJ. The flight attendants were friendly responsive and committed. The food was very good and the inflight entertainment offered a great selection. The flight back from BKK to AMM was delayed for 3 hours due to bad weather conditions. People complained however safety first! The delay was compensated with a Dreamliner aircraft (B787) that is quite comfortable (flat bed). Boarding in VIE was for all passengers (business and economy) at the same time. If you are not offered a welcome champagne don't mind to ask for it. It was served after the take off. If you are served left over drinks from other flights (e.g. wine) ask for a new bottle to please your in mouth entertainment. I have observed unfriendly passengers and RJ staff responded well.

Review by (United Kingdom) 19th January 2015

I would just like to state that our journey to and from Bangkok with Royal Jordanian was so disappointing. Despite the fact we didn't get the seats we had booked online as it was a different jet to the one specified when reserving online plus at the check in desk (this was mentioned to on board staff and no one cared) and that all the seats were damaged or in bad condition the staff were so rude. We boarded two flights outbound RJ112 and RJ12 17th Dec 14 and returning home 5 Jan 15 RJ183 and RJ111 (although staff on the RJ111 were slightly more polite) and the service was awful. I wouldn't use them again nor recommend RJ.