Royal Jordanian Airlines

"never fly again with this airline"

(Qatar)

Verified Review | Amman to Doha. I booked business class tickets for my family, and we received the tickets as a flight with Royal Jordanian Airlines. I was then very disappointed to get in a plane of Ukranian Airlines with business seats like economy seats - the same size and same space between seats as they look like. A low quality cold food served as lunch. It's not acceptable to charge money for business class and fly people with economy seats and level. Or you better inform passengers about this change before you let them fly.. I found a big ignorance from the RJ towards accepting my complaint. I will never fly again with this airline.
RouteAmman to Doha
Date FlownJuly 2017

"flight is delayed, again"

(Jordan)

Verified Review | Amman to Istanbul. I am sitting in the gate waiting for my Royal Jordanian flight to Istanbul, which is delayed, again. In fact, this is the the third time in a row my Royal Jordanian flight has been delayed (within the space of two months). In fact, the last flight was not only delayed, it was replaced entirely with a Ukrainian airlines flight and crew and a cabin so dated it took me back to my childhood. On the last two delayed flights we were served some kind of salami derivative matter between bread, and a single biscuit. No choices. No entertainment either. I wonder what awaits us this time and when it will be. This is not a cheap flight. A return to Istanbul (2.5 hours) Usually costs me between 450-600 GBP. I can't speak for other routes but at least on this one if you can possibly avoid flying RJ, my advice would be do so.
RouteAmman to Istanbul
Date FlownJuly 2017

"refusing to refund the money"

Verified Review | Sharm El Sheikh to Dubai via Amman. The worst company I have dealt with as they have rescheduled the flight 6 hours earlier without informing lots of passengers and I was one of them. When I called them they claimed that they have informed the travel agent and they have said the same to the other passengers in the same situation but none of them was aware. They failed to find any solution or alternative flight and are refusing to refund the money and saying that they will need to deduct cancellation charges. I advise everybody to avoid dealing with this company.
RouteSharm El Sheikh to Dubai via Amman

"express my dissatisfaction"

(Qatar)

Verified Review | Madrid to Amman. I am writing to express my dissatisfaction from Royal Jordanian Airlines. I was travelling including my 9 months old infant. I had a buggy and 2 Bags. When I got to Amman, I was told that the 56cm bag didn't arrived yet. I filed a "Lost Baggage" Case. Until the date of writing this message, the bag didn't arrive. Even when contacting customer care office, they reply in rude and arrogant way. The cabin staff were rude, not friendly when I asked for a blanket for my 9-months daughter. Moreover, when she bring the blanket she threw it without handling gently to me. I have never seen airline staff like that. I will not travel anymore with this airline.
RouteMadrid to Amman
Date FlownJuly 2017

"fare was substantially cheaper"

Verified Review | Dubai to New York via Amman in business, fare was substantially cheaper than a direct. Dubai to Amman on A320. breakfast served, all good and very efficient. Transfer in Amman smooth and lounge excellent. Amman to JFK was on a new 787, really impressed. Crew worked non stop with excellent food served from trolley and very good choice of drinks, better than competitors. Whilst it does not have the range of AVOD films and music of ICE it makes up with great aircraft, service and food, well done royal Jordanian.
RouteDubai to New York via Amman
Date FlownMay 2017

"Worst experience of my life"

Unverified | New York to Amman. Worst experience of my life. I didn't get a chance to pick out my own seat. When I tried to pick a seat, the person whom I checked in with to get a boarding passed said something along the lines of 'there are plenty of seats available in the back row just sit you'll be fine' he was wrong. I was fooled. I picked my seat maybe one time and it was on AA on my way back home. Service was mediocre. My headphones were broken, and I had to ask several attendants for a replacement which took 30-45 minutes. Their English is not quite up to par, so I could hardly understand anything that was said. Unless your desperate look elsewhere for flights.
RouteNew York to Amman
Date FlownMay 2017

"service is sincere and caring"

(Malaysia)

Verified Review | Kuala Lumpur to Vienna via Amman. The business class product is not gimmicky but the service is sincere and caring. On my flight from Kuala Lumpur to Vienna via Amman, the crew were hard-working and personable. They kept plying us with food, snacks, hot and cold drinks as well as Arabic coffee. We were treated to many hot towels. The food was great, inflight entertainment easy to navigate, the noise-cancelling headset fantastic. The Bangkok technical stop is a bit comical as ground staff feverishly scrub and vacuum the cabin while you are in your seat, but it was done with good humour. The new Amman terminal and lounge are grand, and can compete with the best of them. Before landing, the crew in my section came to say "It was very nice to have you on this flight".
RouteKuala Lumpur to Vienna via Amman
Date FlownMay 2017

"impressed by the Royal Jordanian service"

Verified Review | I was really impressed by the Royal Jordanian service! Shortly before boarding my flight from London to Amman I found out my partner (who I was meant to be meeting at the airport in Amman) had missed his flight and wouldn't be arriving until the following day. As my flight was due to land around 1am I was concerned at taking a taxi alone at night to my hotel. I spoke to the crew as I boarded and they were incredibly helpful - they rung ahead to organise an airport transfer from my hotel in Madaba and even offered to see me safely into the taxi at Amman. This was very reassuring and some of the best service I've received from any airline.
RouteLondon to Amman
Date FlownMay 2017

"the most unpleasant experience"

(Egypt)

Verified Review | I had the most unpleasant experience that happened to me with them while I was going from Madrid to Cairo on April 18th, 2017, as I was supposed to have a one night transit in Amman under the impression that I have a free night stay at the airport hotel. But once I arrived to Amman they refused to give me the free night and said that I have to pay USD 163 in order to get a room! They were treating me as if I'm begging and they were very rude and unwelcoming! No one helped me and I ended up sleeping on the floor of the airport as if I'm a beggar. I went to their transit office and regular office at the airport and no one helped. Good service doesn't mean smiling cabin crew or good food on flight. It means helping and assisting your customers when in trouble.
RouteCairo to Madrid via Amman
Date FlownApril 2017

"crew chief or the pilot was smoking"

Verified Review | Basra to Istanbul via Amman with Royal Jordanian. The flight from Basra to Amman was 2.5 hours late. It was the first day of this new Thursday afternoon BSR flight. The aircraft was in deplorable condition. Filthy seats, trays, carpet, windows. I used my moist towelette to clean the greasy film from other people off of the window but it gets better. It smelt as if the cabin crew chief or the pilot was smoking cigarettes. I will never fly Royal Jordanian again.
RouteBasra to Istanbul via Amman