Royal Jordanian Airlines

"Very unpleasant experience"

(Jordan)

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Amman. Very unpleasant experience during check-in, I had to open twice my handbags to remove 3 extra kgs which I could simply pay for - instead they were requesting to check in the handback for 130 Euros. The bag was then 7.9 kg and still staff made me open the bag again to remove 1kg more, this is insane and so unpleasant experience. They did as such to so many other passengers which was really unpleasant to all The worst part is that at the boarding point, they weighted again my handbag (only mine!) and were looking at the bags I bought from the duty free zone, stating that the bags are extra weight! I am in shock , I have never ever experienced this in any other airlines. Very rude staff, such unpleasant experience!
RouteAmsterdam to Amman
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"changes translate to low cost service"

(Jordan)

Trip Verified | Rome to Amman. Flight took off on-time and landed early. The ground staff at FCO airport are helpful and friendly. Onboard, seats are comfortable however, the interiors are really starting to show their age and so is the inflight entertainment system. Royal Jordanian Airlines should really do some renovations across their fleet, competitors offer a far superior hard product. On to the greatest disappointment, the inflight meal offering, which consisted of a sandwich. This is outrageous and totally unacceptable. The flight is a duration of 3 hours+, and a sandwich is not enough for such a flight duration and does not at all represent the hospitality Jordan and Jordanians are proud of, not to mention that it is far less than what competitors offer. Flight attendants were okay, but a couple were rather unprofessional. To wrap up, the airline really screwed things with their new changes, and definitely lost loyal customers including me and my friends, as these changes translate to low cost service at a premium price.
RouteRome to Amman
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"I would not recommend"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | Dubai to Vienna via Amman. I would not recommend to use this airline. The flight was delayed for 5 hours and not the first time it happens to me with this airline. Nobody can't give a proper answer why and weather the delayed time is fixed, moreover I needed to go further in Graz and I lost my ticket to there. The company doesn't want to cover it and didn't even apologized or tried to help me somehow so I spent double amount of money for that. Plus the stuff in the Amman's airport is absolutely unfriendly. It's a really bad experience, please don't reply on the "Royalty" of the company.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteDubai to Vienna via Amman
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"I do not recommend using RJ"

Trip Verified | Dubai to Chicago via Amman. There was only 1:50min stay-over in Amman. I was issued Boarding passes all the way through to Chicago. However to my surprise, me and everyone else for that matter, had to go to the transfer desk first to re validate next flight at Amman airport. The staff over there did not even bother to tell us which que to go for transfers and I was in the wrong que for half and hour before finding out from other passengers that it was the wrong que. Amman airport staff did not know English and can only use gestures. After going through transfer desk, I had to be in a long que again for security check to go upstairs in the departure lounge. Again, there was a long que at the gate and we have to go through another security check to get inside the departure lounge. They did not have any X-Ray machines. So they have to open my carry on luggage and ram through every cloth and accessory. While doing so, they were just talking to each other in Arabic and laughing. It was like the passengers did not matter for them at all. Airline staff was rude. Air hostesses could hardly understand English. We were served one good and tasty meal after take-off and one cold sandwich snack before landing on a 13.5-hr flight. I do not recommend using RJ unless there is not other option available.
AircraftA320 / Boeing 787
RouteDubai to Chicago via Amman
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"very unprofessional customer service"

Trip Verified | Flight from Amman to Beirut was postponed from 18:40 to 23:45 without any prior notification even not at the check-in gate by the staff as apparently he didn't receive the information either. We receive poor and very unprofessional customer service with no support to accommodate. After insisting for a reasonable solution the duty manager came; the only solution offered was a flight change without charges on the next day and access to the business lounge. We were left very unhappy and with no convenient solution. We paid for a round trip Beirut-Amman 275 USD and received worst service that any cheap airline would have applied! Royal Jordanian changes it's flight schedule on a regular basis in the route Beirut-Amman. This was the worst delay but not the first one.
RouteAmman to Beirut
Date FlownDecember 2017

"good service on board"

(Israel)

Verified Review | Berlin to Tel Aviv via Amman, flights were punctual, with good service on board and an option to choose a seat with no extra charge. Personal entertainment system can be better in terms of quality of the equipment. Lunch/dinner is cold sandwiches and hummus, good choice of drinks. Upgrade to business from Berlin is upon payment of ridiculous 798Euro for a leg - can't believe that is actually somebody will pay this price.
RouteBerlin to Tel Aviv via Amman
Date FlownOctober 2017

"experience was appallingly bad"

(Puerto Rico)

Verified Review | We took a taxi from Petra, early in the morning, to make sure we were in the airport in a tmely manner. Without consideration to other flyers who would loose connecting flights, or to us that had a reservation at a hotel in Cairo, to take a flight at 3:00am to Madrid, (at this point was impossible to cancel reservations), our fligth was delayed and we lost a day. We were not offered a mere apology, or any inkling of anything to be done to apologize for our problem, caused by the airline. The information was very limited and no consideration given to people who speak other languages (ours are Spanish and English), information was confusing at some point the screens said "boarding, then final call) and here we where not knowing were to walk to as they restricted the entries, no explanation given, at the very least somebody from the airline to give us the most minimal information. The experience was appallingly bad, if in my hands will never take a flight with this airline again.
RouteAmman to Cairo
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"worst airline experience"

(Qatar)

Verified Review | Doha to Sharm El Sheikh via Amman. Worst airline experience, highly irresponsible behavior. During all complaints and claims Royal Jordanian hides behind story that their flight are actually carried out by subsidiary Royal Wings and that their Customer Service Plan not applies. On the way the second leg flight from Amman was changed to early morning forcing first leg in day before forcing transit night over in Amman. No hotel or any other compensation was made. On arrival in Sharm El Sheikh baggage (of quite a group) was not delivered. Baggage is not delivered but needs to be collected by individual with promise that costs made are refunded. Royal Jordanian did not provide details for tracking, baggage was ready for collection only 60 hours after arrival. Costs made are not refunded. On return flight was delayed from 13:45 via 17:30 without informing passengers (many people complaint). Finally flight was delayed to 20:00 causing as to miss Royal Jordanian connection in Amman. Flight was rebooked to night flight departing Amman 2:50am with 5 hours delay waiting where Royal Jordanian did not provide access to lounge and claimed not to be responsible.
RouteDoha to Sharm El Sheikh via Amman
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"worst airline I have used"

(Qatar)

Verified Review | Doha to Cairo via Amman, the worst airline I have used. Apart from the very costly Airline tickets, the flight should have taken off at 9:00pm from Doha where it was delayed for more than half an hour. I arrived at Amman Airport around 12:00 am and I preferred to get into Amman to stay in any hotel nearest the Airport after the officer told me I am not entitled to a hotel. I came back in the following early morning to catch my flight which was supposed to take off at 12:15pm. Unfortunately, I noticed on the flights screen that my flight will be delayed upto more than 3 hours. I tried to ask any officer there but no response. On my way to the gate where I should take my delayed flight, I found many people are gathering in the front of the company's office waiting for the boss with authority to address their concerns about their flight to Doha which is delayed for 8 hours more. I was surprised from the response that has also has no authority to address their concerns or even make available some kind of comfort to such people, noting that some of them were on business class, and he will communicate with the top management in this respect. The conclusion is such a company doesn't have any kind of policy or procedure exposed to its employees or passengers. The best answer I used to hear is 'I do not know'.
RouteDoha to Cairo via Amman
Date FlownAugust 2017

"do not recommend at all"

Verified Review | It is my first trip with Royal Jordanian. It is a really bad experience. Staff does not do their job. Two bad quality meals for a trip of 10h from Montreal to Amman. Everything not heated to the right temperature. Noisy plane. I do not recommend at all.
RouteMontreal to Amman