Porter Airlines

"apologized on her behalf"

Verified Review | Toronto to Chicago. The fact we didn't board on time didnt bother me. I'm a bit overweight mostly in the belly area but never had a problem on a plane. I'm not obese and the FA made a huge scene asking loudly if my seatbelt was on. It did fit, it was obvious since it was buckled on, felt she did it unnecessarily. Even the man in front of me apologized on her behalf.
RouteToronto to Chicago

"ridiculously frustrating"

Verified Review | Four flights in total and all of them delayed. Disorganized staff, rude, and inattentive. Just ridiculous to always be delayed. I never write reviews but this is ridiculously frustrating. Two hours delayed from Toronto to Ottawa, and we're still sitting on the Tarmac. I'll never recommend or fly with Porter again.
AircraftQ400
RouteBoston to Ottawa via Toronto

"flight being cancelled"

Verified Review | Ottawa to Moncton. Between my flight being cancelled, lack of communication, long holds on the phone, being unable to assist in helping me due to what problens they caused. I am beside myself with the terrible service they provide.
RouteOttawa to Moncton
Date FlownOctober 2017

"Porter is by far the worst"

Verified Review | I will never fly with Porter Airlines again, first and last flight from Fredericton to Ottawa. The adviser was very rude, in addition, they charged an extra $43 for a checked-in bag over 9 kg. We were also late boarding, I fly all over North America and am generally critical of other airlines too, but Porter is by far the worst. I scored both Air Canada and Westjet a 2 and 3 respectively, Porter scores a 1.
RouteFredericton to Ottawa
Date FlownOctober 2017

"Didn't hear back from them"

Verified Review | Will never fly Porter Airlines again. Leaving out of Washington DC my flight was delayed 3.5 hours, causing me to miss the connecting flight in Toronto. The only other flight to Quebec already being full I had to catch a flight out the next day. Porter did give me a hotel voucher for the night. The hotel being 30 minutes away I was told that the cab fares and meals would be reimbursed once I mailed in a form along with receipts. That never happened. Didn't hear back from them. After trying a second time and again being ignored I'm willing to take the loss on the cab fares but will never fly with this airline again. Our return flight was also delayed. Luckily we didn't have to go through customs in Toronto or we would also have missed our connecting flight to DC.
RouteWashington DC to Quebec City via Toronto
Date FlownAugust 2017

"poor basic airline service"

Verified Review | I used to be their biggest fan and recommend them to everyone I knew from friends to clients. I live and work in New York and am from Toronto so I go back several times a year to visit family. Usually I can only come for a weekend or so, which makes these constant and awful delays a complete nightmare. What's the point of even going for a weekend if I lose 50% of my time to Porter's delays. Yes, I love the outfits, cabin crew service, the cute Owl, the free coffee and snacks but none of the above matters when the flights are constantly delayed. As I write this I am stuck on the tarmac at Newark trying to deplane after a seriously delayed flight from Toronto. My Sunday is completely ruined and I have so many weekends similar to this spent wasted with Porter. I'd be better off driving the 10 hours at this rate! Don't be bothered with them. Great when they first started but pretty terrible today. Basically like a lot of superficial stuff layered on top of poor basic airline service aka - getting to your destination on time. Thanks for nothing Porter!
AircraftQ400
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteToronto to Newark
Date FlownOctober 2017

"would not recommend this airline"

Verified Review | Toronto to Chicago. I have never experienced bad customer service like I did with Porter. The first time my boyfriend and I booked a flight with Porter our flight was cancelled due to bad weather. It was almost 11 PM so we were informed that we should go home and we will be contacted by someone in "20-30 minutes" to get details about our alternate flight - we went home trusting the airline to keep their word. This call never came. We kept trying to reach the call centre but they shut at 11 PM! We ended up paying a huge fare to finally fly with Air Canada as Porter never got back to us. Since then we have contacted Porter through the web form, call centre and even at the airport desk - this happened 2 months back and our complaint has still not been handled. I work in the travel industry and am not a fan of North American airlines but this was a new low. I would not recommend this airline at all - I'd rather pay a little extra to fly with someone more reliable as eventually we ended up paying a 1000$ extra for a last minute ticket with another airline.
RouteToronto to Chicago
Date FlownJuly 2017

"I had 2 cancelled flights"

Verified Review | I went to the airport and while in security I received an email from porter that my flight from Toronto to Windsor had been cancelled. That would be the second half of my flight, there was not to be a rescheduled flight until 5:00pm that night. I was unable to make any arrangements at that time as I had to board. Ultimately when I arrived in Toronto to speak with the staff I was told that it would be too bad for me, and that there was a staffing issue so I was stuck in Toronto. I could rent a car or take a train and be reimbursed later. I took the train. The next day I watched my phone like a hawk for any trouble regarding the returning flight for my daughter and myself. I was disgusted when I was informed at 10:26am that my 1:30pm flight was cancelled. yet again because of staffing issues! I was told that there was nothing they would do for me, and that I could just try to find my own way again and ask later for reimbursement. I took another train at my own expense to Toronto to make it home. I did not get home with my daughter until after midnight because of this, My entire weekend was spent on a train and a phone on hold with Porter, I was screwed around by Porter and the staffing issues that were clearly at the forefront of the issue, these flights were booked months ago and were cancelled with no time for alternate arrangements to be made. I called for many many hours on Aug 12 and 13th as did my boyfriend, we both sat on hold for over 3 hours several different times as there is no one taking any of the calls for customer service. In the course of 48 hours I had 2 cancelled flights, Seven delays.
RouteThunder Bay to Windsor

"inconsistent and unreliable"

Verified Review | My most recent flight was from Timmins to Toronto, scheduled to depart at 3:45 pm on August 20th. Before departing for the airport, I checked the status of the flight and noticed that the morning flight from Toronto to Timmins had been cancelled. This happened to me the week prior. No reason is given for the flight cancellation, but it appears that if the flight is not fully booked it will be cancelled, usually within hours of scheduled departure. Unfortunately this appears to be a routine practice for Porter. Upon checking my scheduled flight, there was no delay indicated. The flight was scheduled to depart at 3:45. At 3:47, I received an email indicating the flight would be delayed and would not depart until 4:17 pm. I was at the airport and checked in when I received this email. A 32 minute delay is minimal, but the actual departure was not until 5:50 pm. As is usual, there was a distinct lack of communication from Porter staff. I have been given a $100 voucher from Porter, due to the previously mentioned flight cancellation. The voucher must be used towards another Porter flight. I will not use the voucher, nor will I fly with Porter airlines again. The resulting inconvenience caused by delayed and regularly cancelled flights does not make the discount fares any more palatable. Porter are inconsistent and unreliable.
RouteTimmins to Toronto
Date FlownAugust 2017

"the flight was cancelled"

Verified Review | Toronto to Ottawa. Delays and cancellations. This airline used to be very good when it first started out. On-time and reasonably priced. There is not a single time I have flown with them over the last three months if the plane has left on time, and during the last 2 flights, including today, the flight was cancelled and I was put on another flight - first 2 hours later, and today, 10 hours later. This is for a flight that lasts 50 minutes in the air. Porter has almost on the hour flights to Ottawa, but they put me on a flight that is 10 hours away and ruined my plans. In addition, the call centre takes on average 40 minutes to talk to someone, all the while hearing "your call is important to us". The seats are shabby and frayed, aircraft is dirty, airport staff are sullen. The only good thing is that their snacks are good - hardly a reason to fly with them.
RouteToronto to Ottawa