Jetstar Airways

"never fly Jetstar again"

Trip Verified | Will never fly Jetstar again, flights were changed weren't notified we were flying from Perth to Thailand with a stop over in Singapore on way. The flight time was changed we were not notified. Our flight was changed till midnight next night from Perth to Sydney 4hr flight than had wait 8hrs in Sydney than a 9 hr flight to Thailand. Absolute joke worst experience we have had.
RoutePerth to Sydney
Date FlownMay 2018

"never fly Jetstar again"

Trip Verified | We will never fly Jetstar again. Horrible experience and extremely poor customer service. Our flight got cancelled last minute while we were waiting to check in at the airport at noon. They only had a flight next day early morning. We were offered zero compensation, transportation and no accomodation. Staff very careless about it only excuses and stating "it happens all the time". It doesn't stop there - next day flight they put on 6.30 am we arrived several hours before and while checking in this was flight delayed again till 9am. Again no notification prior. So we've missed 2 days of our 5 day vacation, no compensation and no proper notifications so we could make other arrangments. Oh and they dont even include a bag for international flight either! (charged $75 for checking in 15kg bag!) We've lost not only that but all the headache and expense of unrefundable hotels, activities and rental car, all because Jetstar didnt notify us before, cancels and delays flights last minute.
RouteSydney to Queenstown
Date FlownMay 2018

"left a bad taste in my mouth"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Melbourne Avalon. First, the good part. The aircraft was in OK condition, my seat was bearable for a one hour flight, Jetstar got me to my destination on time and my bag arrived on the baggage carousel. But it's very difficult to travel on this airline without thinking that they take every opportunity to shakedown their customers. In the departure lounge, I witnessed people being asked for more money for their carry-on. Thanks to other posters on this site, I knew in advance to check in my bag (which other airlines accept as carry-one without question), so it didn't affect me personally. I had bought a starter-plus bundle, which at the time of purchase was claimed to offer standard seat allocation, a baggage allowance, frequent flyer points, and a snack. When I received the itinerary, there was no mention of the snack. Equally, when I received the boarding pass, there was no mention of the snack, either, but there was a four digit code, so I asked a crew member at checkin what the four digit code was and she replied that it was because I had paid to have my seat allocated in advance (seat allocation is part of the starter-plus bundle). When the cabin crew were promoting the sale of snacks and drinks, they said that they would accept Mastercard, Visa, or American Express, but they said nothing about people who had bought the starter-plus bundle. When the crew member serving snacks got to my seat, I showed her the boarding pass and asked her if it entitled me to a snack. Yes, she said, your choice up to $10. Why don't they print this on the boarding pass and announce it when about to serve snacks? I nearly went without – I thought I must have got the wrong idea about what was included in the starter-plus bundle. I can't help but get the feeling the airline wanted me (and other starter-plus customers) to forget the fact that the bundle includes a snack. No doubt it's more profitable if people pay for a second time, or go without, as I nearly did. The whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth but, like the shakedown in the departure gate, seems typical of this airline, which only seems to care about opportunities for more money.
RouteSydney to Melbourne Avalon
Date FlownMay 2018

"Should be ashamed Jetstar"

Trip Verified | Jetstar Airways has the worst customer service. All of my dosmetic flights have caused me so many issues. I am currently stuck in the Queensland airport, delayed for over 2hrs because Melbourne is currently foggy. However, Tiger and Virgin are flying just fine to Melbourne. Even Jetstar’s earlier flight to Melbourne is currently boarding. Don’t give such poor excuses and expect customers to be forgiving. We’re not that stupid so believe this problems. Should be ashamed Jetstar.
RouteGold Coast to Melbourne

"personnel was unsympathetic"

Trip Verified | Cairns to Tokyo. Upon checkin in Cairns I was asked to show an onward ticket which I did not have and was refused the check in. I have travelled a few times to Japan with other airlines and this has never happened. I know the rules, which are 'may refuse'. The rule is meant to avoid suspicious people to get to the destination, be refused entry and sent back, apparently at the airline's expense. This rule is flawed because, upon arrival, the traveler's ticket will not be for that day, it may be up to 3 months in the future. Internet tickets are generally not allowed to be changed or cancelled. But if a ticket can be cancelled (such as 1st class tickets), then the traveller can cancel it straight after checkin anyway. The Jetstar personnel was unsympathetic to the extent of malicious and could have caused me to lose not only my $700 flight, plus the other inconveniences with missing the flight, but also to lose my hotel reservation in Tokyo. But ultimately, it is not just the money, but the unpleasantness of having to deal with their personnel as badly suited to their job as they were. I did buy a ticket on line, but I will never fly Jetstar again. I do want to say though that the food and service on the flight were good but that was not enough to compensate for my overall experience with this awful airline.
RouteCairns to Tokyo
Date FlownMay 2018

"attentive and super friendly"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Honolulu on 10th May. I just wanted to write this review today to thank the absolutely amazing crew. Staff were exemplary in there professionalism, courteous, attentive and super friendly. Wish all of my flights were like this. Thanks Jetstar!
RouteSydney to Honolulu
Date FlownMay 2018

"pleasantly surprised from the outset"

Trip Verified | On April 26, I flew ADL-HBA with Jetstar. I wasn’t expecting too much in the way of good service given the flight’s $55 price tag (before plus bundle), but I was pleasantly surprised from the outset. Although Adelaide Airport’s check in is now automated for all airlines, the girl at the kiosks managed to upgrade my friend and I to exit row seats at no extra charge. Service onboard was surprisingly delightful, and I would happily do it all again. Return leg from HBA-ADL was equally brilliant, and despite being stuck in a holding pattern delaying our landing for some 30 minutes, the crew did their best to ensure a seamless flight for all. Overall, a terrific experience.
RouteAdelaide to Hobart

"seats were comfortable"

Trip Verified | Both flights (Brisbane to Darwin and Darwin to Singapore) boarded and left on time. The seats were comfortable and I managed to get some sleep on both flights. I did not feel squashed. There was no onboard entertainment. I had an iPad with pre-loaded movies but I would have been prepared to pay a little extra for the option to access inflight entertainment onboard. I pre-paid for baggage and food vouchers so I had no issues with overweight hand luggage.
RouteBrisbane to Singapore via Darwin
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"a tight squeeze on long haul flights"

Trip Verified | JQ 62, B787-8, 10th April 2018 (7 hrs 45 mins). I arrived about two hours before my flight and the check in process took about 50 min to complete. The immigration and security screening process took about 20 mins despite the airport being relatively busy. The Duty free shops in Ho Chi Minh airport offer competitive prices for spirits and other duty free items when compared with Australian airports. There are a limited selection of snacks and drinks by the departure gates, however they are 2-4 times the price when compared with a convenience store in the city. The flight started boarding about 40 mins before departure and the aircraft left the gate on time. I was seated in an aisle seat 34G, the Jetstar seats are charcoal leather and are relatively comfortable, however the seat pitch is only 30 inches which makes it a tight squeeze on long haul flights. Jetstar had a credit card only policy on this flight for all on-board purchases which can be problematic for those passengers without a credit card. There was good selection of new release movies, V shows and games on the IFE ($10 onboard or $9 pre booked). There are a few free TV shows available however these were predominantly short 15-20 mins fishing programs from the Top End. There were a reasonable range of snacks, hot food and sandwiches available from the on board menu although priced relatively high. It would be nice to see Vietnamese Beer (Saigon/Hanoi brands) on the beverage menu to add to Jetstars limited selection of beers on-board. The crew on the flight were friendly and helpful and dealt with some minor issues that occurred on the flight adeptly. The flight offered great views over the Australian Outback around Alice Springs, Broken Hill about 1hr+ before landing in Sydney. The flight arrived a few minutes early into Sydney, however we had to wait on the apron while an aircraft was pushed back from our assigned gate.
RouteHo Chi Minh City to Sydney
Date FlownApril 2018

"charge you $60 if carryon is over"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Brisbane. Worse airline! Cheap for a reason. Bad customer service, they just treat you like a number. They change flights, charge you $60 if your carryon bag is over by just a little bit, they make you walk to the plane from the gate even when if it's raining bad, they just do whatever they want! And their planes are small and uncomfortable
RouteMelbourne to Brisbane