Jetstar Airways

"the worst airline ever"

Trip Verified | Adelaide to Darwin. Literally the worst airline ever, don't expect to travel on the flight you booked with Jetstar. Constantly changing times and destinations with no options except accept or receive credit. If you buy a travel voucher, make sure you make it known to the staff. They will not always offer you anything.
RouteAdelaide to Darwin
Date FlownDecember 2017

"plane appeared clean and fresh"

Trip Verified | Ayers Rock to Sydney. Check in was straight forward. Boarding, due to the late arrival of the airplane, the small airport terminal got very crowded and overflowing. There were not enough seats at one time. The boarding was a straightforward process. Many of the passengers were children. There was much activity on the seats and on the aisle. As it was not a full flight, I had to seek a quiet area in the plane. I guess, the activity was allowable or else the cabin crew would have taken action. The cabin crew were not as attentive as in a comparable QANTAS internal flight. The plane looked new and it appeared clean and fresh. Arrival, the baggage arrived soon after. We had hoped to avoid the Sydney rush hour, but because of the flight delay, we were in the middle of the rush hour. It took us longer to get to our hotel than expected.
RouteAyers Rock to Sydney
Date FlownMay 2017

"I will never recommend them"

Trip Verified | Sapporo to Tokyo Narita. You might think you are saving a few bucks upfront, but in the end you will pay out the nose. The bag drop line took over one hour. The flight was delayed one hour because they didn't get the baggage count right. We missed our bus transfer, and had to buy new tickets. Not that big of a deal. Then, on our way home from Sapporo to Tokyo, we checked in, waited a few hours only to find out that our flights were cancelled, and we'd be missing our connection to Canada. We scrambled to find a different airline, but are now paying 3x more for flights, early morning taxis, train tickets that aren't being used, and extra baggage fees. I will never recommend them to anyone. The airplane itself was fine. At least you have that going for yourselves.
RouteSapporo to Narita

"no problems to report"

Trip Verified | I took a Jetstar flight on 27th January to Narita, Japan from the Gold Coast. I travelled in economy class and understood that Jetstar is a low cost carrier and you have to pay for extras. I ate in the terminal so there was no need to eat on the plane. I also had a coffee before leaving the Gold Coast airport as I had time to spare. I did also purchase a coffee and a cake in advance from their website for the trip. Check in was very easy as I only had carry on luggage. I was able to use the check in machines which are easy to use. There was a slight problem leaving as the immigration gate malfunctioned that I was using. I was manually processed. The flight was smooth with no problems to report. I will fly Jetstar again.
RouteGold Coast to Tokyo
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"Jetstar has raised the bar"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Gold Coast. I got to admit, Jetstar has raised the bar. This is my second flight with them this year and everything went smoothly. I checked in online and getting through security was a breeze. Boarding was controlled with, great to see a LCC getting this done correctly. Once onboard I found the Cabin Crew a unenthusiastic as it was very routine with the attitude of get it done and over with. The Captain made one announcement and did not even mention flight times. Again, passengers seated in emergency exits were not iritirated with safety procedures. Overall, the flight was great but they need to refine their Customer Engagement.
AircraftA320-200
RouteSydney to Gold Coast
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"staff are extremely rude and unhelpful"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Booked to fly Napier to Auckland. I am not one to write a review but Jetstar has left an extremely sour taste in my mouth. I even went through the effort of reading other reviews and it would seem most others are on the same page as I am. I don't write a story of my experience with Jetstar, I will compile the issues I had into bullet points. Jetstar iPhone application doesn't notify of any errors with checking in online. Jetstar staff are extremely rude and unhelpful. They overbook flights to which they try make you feel responsible for. Seeking renumeration on a Jetstar fault seems like an extremely difficult task. If you are in NZ a want to fly somewhere, use Air New Zealand. They were kind, friendly and more then happy to help after Jetstar left us stranded.
AircraftQ300
RouteNapier to Auckland

"Worst airline ever"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Sydney via Cairns. Worst airline ever. Removed foam from seats so you can feel knees of passenger behind you in your spine. They Make you pour out or throw out water bottles at gate, then they charge for water on flight. If you go over 7kg baggage allowance by a small amount, they won’t let you take out a jacket to wear/reduce weight; $60 fee. Do not fly.
RouteSingapore to Sydney via Cairns
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"applying these ridiculous rules"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Sydney. I've been flying around the world for years used more than 30 different airlines. Today when flying Jetstar as a Flexbiz traveller (their highest traveling class for domestic flights) I was choked by the unpleasant behaviour from the check-in staff. When calling for a supervisor she's telling me that she is the one. To the point is that on my booking confirmation it says hand luggage is maximum 14 kg for business travellers. My two bags combine a weight of 14.1 kg. Now the staff tell me maximum for domestic business is 10kg (says nothing about that in the email confirmation). I tell her about the email and she acts cocky (like i'm lying). Now when showing her she claims that that's only valid for international travel. Then I ask how I could possibly know that when it says 14kg on my domestic confirmation. Her answer is that everything is clear. We were already paying for 60kg check-in luggage for two people. They had us reorganize our packing over 4kg claiming it's for security reasons. Then what they are saying is that it's more secure with 14 kg on international flights and that most airlines in the world flying A320s isn't safe enough as they are not applying these ridiculous rules. Now the fact that the so called supervisor refused to give me her full name says a lot.
RouteMelbourne to Sydney
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"staff need to learn customer service"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Melbourne. Jetstar staff need to learn what customer service is, they do not know how to welcome their customers, speak or address (no hi how are you, may I help you, sorry the flights been delayed, move here, put your bag here, pay here, terrible monotone announcements) customers or even hold a conversation! Very rude in approaching customers, even though we are all waiting back an hour for their delayed plane. Not worth saving the extra $50 to go budget airline. To top it off just tried contacting them direct to provide feedback and was cut off by the customer service person who diverted me to an online survey instead.
RouteSydney to Melbourne
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"I will never fly Jetstar again"

Trip Verified | Gold Coast to Melbourne. I bought a flight that includes luggage but when I arrived at the airport they said my ticket didn’t include luggage. The luggage I am carrying is within weight requirements in the US and EU, but here I had to pay an extra fee that cost more than I paid for the flight. The only positive aspect was the lady at the counter was very sweet and sympathetic. Nothing she could do, but she was nice about it. An airline should expect you to check luggage. I will never fly Jetstar again.
RouteGold Coast to Melbourne