Jetstar Airways

"helpful and very pleasant"

Trip Verified | Launceston to Melbourne. Found the booking procedure easy to manage from the UK. Check in at Launceston was simple, straight forward, efficient and calm. Loved the 'RELAX' on the departure board prior to flights being called/boarding gates called etc. Tthe flight was on time in terms of both departure from Launceston and arrival in Melbourne. Staff were friendly, helpful and very pleasant.
RouteLaunceston to Melbourne
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"business like and cheerful"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Uluru. Jetstar is a budget airline so don't expect all the frills that come with a full service airline. What I am looking for is courteous service and delivering me from point A to point B comfortably and safely. This they did well. The plane left Melbourne a little late but that was due to Melbourne airport traffic. They made up most of the time and was only 5 minutes late. The cabin staff went about their job in a business like and cheerful manner.
RouteMelbourne to Uluru
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"Never flying with them again"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Honolulu. They charged me $300 to take my carryon, claiming it was too big. I saw others that went through with similar sized, but they said they had to be backpack sized. If too heavy, u kinda understand but not for $300! To top it off the agent was rude and I heard other agents complaining about customers that had questions. My flight was bout 9 hrs long and all I got was half a cup of water offered to me. Everything else I had to pay for. None of their movies, music or games were free either. So in the end the flight cost wasn't cheap at all. For $8 a movie, I could buy the DVDs to keep! Never flying with them again and I advise to pay a little extra for better services and meals on flights.
RouteSydney to Honolulu
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"seats weren't the most comfortable"

Trip Verified | Brisbane to Sydney. First time I have flown with Jetstar in 3 years, after previous experience with delays. After a relaxing time in the Qantas Club, the boarding process was a bit chaotic with no allocation specifics given. Once onboard the seats weren't the most comfortable but given the flight was only 1 hour, it wasn't too bad. No IFE during the flight so I was quite bored and no complimentary food/beverages, a true sign of LCC. Surprisingly, the flight was on schedule from take off and landed early as I take punctuality very seriously. I would fly Jetstar again to test their consistency and customer service.
RouteBrisbane to Sydney

"an enjoyable flight"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Sunshine Coast. The flight departed and arrived on time. Check in was quite easy. The staff were very friendly and helpful . My pre booked meal (toasted ham and cheese sandwich) was quite tasty. One criticism, the beer could have been chilled. They had to offer ice. Overall an enjoyable flight.
RouteMelbourne to Sunshine Coast
Date FlownDecember 2017

"won't be flying them again"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Brisbane. I paid for 20kg checked luggage. I only used 9kg. 11kg under weight. My carry on bag was about 1kg over the allowed 7kg (the work Laptop does it every time!) Jetstar charged me an extra $60 for the privilege of carring kgs I has already paid for. I fly fortnightly. Frequently with Jetstar. I won't be flying with them again.
RouteMelbourne to Brisbane
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"Unhelpful, rude and didn't care"

Trip Verified | Brisbane to Sydney. Unhelpful, rude and didn't care about me making my international flight in Sydney. Would not recommend to anyone. The worst flying experience I've ever had. I would recommend flying any other airline besides this one.
RouteBrisbane to Sydney
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"would not recommend it to anyone"

Trip Verified | I would not book with Jetstar Airways again and would not recommend it to anyone. My flight from Auckland to Palmerston North was cancelled a few hours before I was due to depart. I have since learned that this is a common occurrence with this airline. We were offered other flights the following day but believe that at least one of these flights was also cancelled, thankfully we did not take the chance of finding out and booked with another airline. During our flight we heard stories from other passengers of repeated cancellations!
RouteAuckland to Palmerston North
Date FlownDecember 2017

"never had any issues with them"

Trip Verified | Flew with Jetstar from Sydney to Hobart return over the new year. The flight was much more expensive than normal, but that is to be expected during busy/peak travelling periods. Both routes were flown on the A320. The seats were fine, felt a little squashy at times but it was only a 1 hour 30 min flights. Cabin crew promptly came around with drinks and snacks, but I had brought my own food. No entertainment, but it's such a short flight it hardly matters. The incoming flight for our trip back to Hobart arrived late, but as soon as everyone was off the plane we boarded, which meant that the plane departed on schedule and arrived on time in Sydney. I've flown with Jetstar multiple times and have never had any issues with them. I will continue to fly with them.
RouteSydney to Hobart
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"unable to move whilst in my seat"

Trip Verified | Booking online was simple, as was the self check in and bag drop. However the departure gate was right at the far end of the terminal. It took ages to get to and it included various flights of stairs. Once there there wasn't anywhere near enough seating made available to sit and wait before boarding. This was made worse by very weak airconditioning. This is despite the airline requesting all passengers be there not less than 30 minutes before boarding time. It was a tiny plane. I was unable to move whilst in my seat and due to lack of space only got to make use of 1 of the 2 armrests. Cabin was dirty all over. As was the magazine which had all the puzzles filled in by previous passengers. My ticket said I was to get a $10 meal voucher but this never occurred. The menu was pretty awful anyway and staff service non-existent. It was a very boring flight even despite its brevity as there was no inflight entertainment. At least my bag came out very quickly the other end. In summary the best parts were start and finish but very poor in the middle.
RouteMelbourne to Sydney