Jetstar Airways

"adequate service from FAs"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | I bought the Jetstar Airways ticket for this flight from Jakarta to Singapore last minute because I missed Scoot flight because of traffic at Jakarta Int'l airport. The ground staff was nice but boarding was chaotic. The flight itself was ok, adequate service from FAs. The flight arrived on time.
RouteJakarta to Singapore
Date FlownMarch 2018

"Such a poor experience"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Launceston. Such a poor experience with this airline, not only were we waiting in the baggage area for 40 minutes without any explanation but we were then left to go home without our luggage. The lack of communication was pathetic and to not have a replacement piece of equipment to remove baggage from the aircraft once the first failed is just pathetic. Yes they stated that the baggage would be delivered once it was removed from the aircraft within two hours, another fib, poor, very poor!
RouteSydney to Launceston
Date FlownJuly 2018

"not use Jetstar in the future"

Trip Verified | Cairns to Sydney. I negotiated an exit row seat at checkin and 5 minutes before take off, I was advised that I and the others in my row had to change seats. I asked why and I was told that it is usually due to young families that need to be kept together. I said, no problem, and gathered up my things. As I was about to move to my next seat, which was much less appealing than my original seat, I saw the passengers who I had changed seats for. It was four men, middle aged. who had arrived late, and appeared to have been drinking. Not a young family, but some blokes that wanted to continue drinking together, and obviously had some friends at Jetstar who accommodated them. What a joke! This is not the way to be treat full fare paying passengers and I and my business will not use Jetstar in the future.
RouteCairns to Sydney

"worse flight experience"

Trip Verified | Phuket to Melbourne. I’ve never had a worse flight experience than what I experienced with Jetstar International. I flew from Melbourne to Phuket first and incurred issues with the staff. The service was absolutely horrible. Not once did staff walk through the cabin to offer water to passengers on a 9 hour flight, nor did they comply with our requests when we asked for water. I had to call staff multiple times over several hours before receiving a small cup of water. I also paid for comfort packs and received them two hours into the flight. The flight back to Melbourne from Phuket was delayed 6.5 hours making me miss my domestic flight back to Adelaide and requiring extra accommodation to be purchased. All the airline gave passengers for this inconvenience was a $20 food voucher when in reality, many, like myself paid $600+ due to their inconvenience. I would not recommend flying Jetstar under any circumstance. Staff do not seem to have any consideration toward passengers and overall service was appalling.
RoutePhuket to Melbourne

"become worse each year"

Trip Verified | Don’t waste your money and time. Jetstar has increasingly become worse each year. We have had four flights cancelled. You end up paying more for accomodation when your flight is cancelled - once after a 12 hour wait, they wanted to send us back home! We had to argue to get a cheap, dirty accomodation organised near the airport. The next time another flight was cancelled and we were offered accomodation and we said, “NO”. Never trust where they put you. While waiting around at the airport you also spend so much money for food and lose your precious holiday time. Better to spend a little more and secure your holiday and business travels with other reliable airlines. The worst is the staff and clearly their lack of quality training. They have no desire to help you out, inform you promptly and show a compassionate attitude during cancellations. They are slow as turtles on land and couldn’t care less about customer care. We have had three flights cancelled due to engineering issues. Their aircrafts are unreliable and the engineers unable to deliver speedy and quality repairs. How can they have so many issues so often?? I feel scared to get on their planes. We will never fly with Jetstar again. Not only are the prices cheap - all other aspects of Jetstar is cheap. Don’t waste your money and time.
RouteSydney to Tokyo via Gold Coast
Date FlownJuly 2018

"seat was unbelievably tight"

Trip Verified | Adelaide to Perth on the 14th of June with Jetstar Airways. Flew on a relatively new Airbus A320, when compared to some of the older ones in the fleet. Although I was seated close to the front (8D), the seat was unbelievably tight in terms of seat pitch, which is okay for shorter flights like Melbourne/Sydney, but for a longer flight I’d try and buy an exit row seat next time! Crew were okay, but nothing to write home about. The customer service manager wasn’t overly pleasant when she informed me of my $15 voucher (as I’d purchased a Starter Plus fare). I had purchased this fare for the bargain basement price of $99 (plus $45 for the starter plus bundle), so I can’t complain too much. It was good value for what I’d paid, but there are better airlines around for only a few quid more.
RouteAdelaide to Perth
Date FlownJune 2018

"a wonderful flight"

Trip Verified | BNE-PPP on the 21st of June. Due to an early check-in, I was treated to an upfront seat (2C) instead of the original 9D I was given. Ground staff in Brisbane were wonderful, and the all-male crew onboard this mid-afternoon flight to Proserpine were terrific! It certainly got my Whitsunday holiday off to a terrific start! Overall, a wonderful flight at a good price! I’ve noticed that on shorter hops, Jetstar is much better, but on longer flights (over 2 hours), it’s better to upgrade to an exit row seat, or fly another airline.
RouteBrisbane to Proserpine
Date FlownJune 2018

"tremendously inconvenient"

Trip Verified | Hobart to Melbourne. Two flights, two issues. First, flight from Hobart to Melbourne cancelled, no notification, no reason given for cancellation. All of my contact info was correct and I was on a local phone system (received texts and email from other people). Next flight was three and a half hours later (it took off much later than that). I asked to be put on another flight as I had a meeting in Melbourne at 5. Jetstar refused because they had a later flight. Offered refund, but I had to eat all the fees, so the full refund was about 60%. booked on a Virgin flight for $200 more, but got there. Second, a policy issue. Flying from Cairns to Hobart via Melbourne. Jetstar will NOT check baggage through. Had to retrieve bags in Melbourne re-check them (and go through security, wait at check-in counter all over again). When I asked an employee why we could not check through he said that they were such a budget airline that they refused to pay for someone to sort the bags as they come out of the plane. He was completely embarrassed by this policy. From a customer standpoint it is tremendously inconvenient. I will never fly with Jetstar again!
RouteHobart to Melbourne
Date FlownJuly 2018

"very good flight with Jetstar"

Trip Verified | Very good flight with Jetstar. Plane was a bit messy though. Food was great, really good cheap travel food on Jetstar. Cabin crew were great and very helpful. Jetstar is the best cheap travel airline by far. Way better then Tigerair or anything like that. At Gold Coast airport it was self check in and bag drop. Although there were a couple of Jetstar people walking around not really doing much. One again, very good flight with Jetstar, but as always, room for improvement!
RouteGold Coast to Melbourne
Date FlownJuly 2018

"best cheap travel airline"

Trip Verified | Melbourne (Tullamarine) to Gold Coast (Coolangatta). Very good flight with Jetstar. By far the best cheap travel airline I’ve ever been on. Not really any help at Melbourne. Self check in and the odd couple of Jetstar people walking around. We checked in online so we just bag dropped our bags. A bit of a wait at boarding but I guess that’s cheap travel for you. Me and my family had starter plus so $30 (Australian money) on food, drink ect. Legroom a bit little but it was a short flight to be fair. No TVs on the domestic flights but if you fly international with Jetstar you’ll have TVs. Again, very good flight with Jetstar.
RouteMelbourne to Gold Coast